The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help with my YouTube channel what on earth should I do?

Idea threads

Chilolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 10, 2022
Hi.I need help.
I spent the entirety of a Month editing a video (MAY 3rd to JUNE 2nd).

Somewhere along the way I decided to watch some Alex Hormozi.
The video is now titled "Alex Hormozi’s content strategy (REVEALED)".
The part that really hit home for me was. The following.
Speak on "your" truth rather than claiming to know "the" truth.
Example from:" how to get rich" to "how I got rich".

Everyone is unquestionably an expert on your own life. No one can question that. If I say I ate a cake for breakfast this morning. I am untouchable.
From a factual point no one can challenge me on that. THIS IS WHAT I ATE. Because that Real that's True, no one can touch that. But as soon as I say you should have had cake this morning. F*** you.

The whole point is this.
So many people are talking and teaching staff
A. They have never done before.
B. They are repurposing someone else's content. And making a worse version of it.

When you start talking theoretical and try to teach something it's "how to" . Rather than "how I".
I feel it's better to speak from experience
Example: "This is the stuff that's working right now for us in this context".

You have to have evidence that you can support why you are good. This way you speak from certainty, because you done it before. It's depth of experience.

Most people cannot separate information from source. Wisdom is built through being able to take from separating information from source. A fool can give you a valuable piece of wisdom or information or lesson. But is much harder to do that. So the shorthand is for us to go to somebody who is an absolute authority in this thing and has unquestionably a reason I should listen to them and then just listen to them. The downfall of that is that you start taking stock advice from your hairdresser.(because you trust them)

TIERS OF ADVICE : best to worst advice.

1. someone who has BEEN THERE DONE THAT + TAKEN MULTIPLE PEOPLE LIKE ME THERE.
2. someone who has TAKEN MULTIPLE PEOPLE LIKE ME THERE. But haven't done it themselves
3. someone WHO'S ONLY DONE IT THEMSELVES WITNESSED THE PROCESS but helps no one else.
4. someone who has witnessed the PROCESS MULTIPLE TIMES.
5. someone who has witnessed the PROCESS ONCE.
6. Everyone else (conventional wisdom).

Okay after that big rant the question that I'm trying to ask you is as a fastlaner how should you do YouTube.

Here's my situation.
All I have is a tablet and some editing apps so the only thing I can do is YouTube. I am aware that doing YouTube is violating CONTROL. And on top of that I am aware that YouTube is a channel (to reach a wider audience[SCALE]) not a business. I'll be basically be a HITCHHIKER. My first goal is not to get rich ,no it's just to get enough money so I can buy a laptop(and learn more about editing along the way). I know I want to make videos about finance on YouTube. it's where most of my knowledge lays. But I am aware that this will violate the commandment of NEED. But I have a background of design (5 years of design) I know how to make things look good. And I'm aware that the summaries and notes around the financial space have great information but the visuals suck. I already have a video done, my finger is just itching to hit the upload button. But my logic AND ethics is telling me no. On the tier list of advice I'll be around 4 and 5. And since I'm coming from a value-adding mind-set I think I have videos that are less than 20 in total.

1. is a Twitter thread narration about how to get rich without getting lucky by Naval Ravikant.
2. Copywriting explained by Harry dry.
3. Marketing explained by Harry dry.
4. Your realisation that dropshipping is dead and the rise and birth of a new dropshipper YouTuber guru. (Still working on the name).
5. The reason you cannot find anything (Google is dead).
6. Fallacies
7. The rise of Napoleon Hill
8. Don't follow your passions do dirty jobs by Mike Rowe.
9. Who is rich dad ? who is poor dad ? (Robert kiyosaki)
10. how to stay poor (tweet by Alex Hormozi)
11. The pursuit of happiness full story (Chris Gardner)
12. The Story of Earl Nightingale /the mind behind the strangest secret in the world recording.
13. How to get rich podcast ( visualised) by Naval Ravikant.
14. Mister beast money flow. (Monetization Funnel explained).
15. Alex Hormozi's content strategy explained.

less than 20.
I made sure most of the content ideas is evergreen so it can endure for a long term , value-adding. As I don't have any more ideas more than 20. Or should I just give up and look for another niche to provide value, I have no bigger endgame no app, no course nothing because I agree with MJ DeMarco when he says "to make millions shouldn't cost millions". Because honestly personally I wouldn't take advice from someone who hasn't gone through the trial and tribulation the process. I’m I more harm than good in that community if on the tier list I'm a 4 or a 5? I think yes. Furthermore let's be honest what real value am I adding just a bunch of pretty pictures and some good notes. Someone can just go and buy MJ DeMarco's books or Alex Hormozi’s and get a far better value.

Enough beating myself up. I have an alternative channel idea. Like I said from the beginning all I have is a tablet and a background in design. I'm also pretty good at getting better at something technical or artistic. And I have noticed that on YouTube there's a community around people that do content on using their mobile apps.

I can probably find a way to add value in that community and build trust. Maybe later down the road I can make an app that provide solutions to the struggles that you go through when making content on your mobile. And instead of 20 video ideas I have more iterations.

And different sub niches to jump into but still providing value in that community. A channel that provides proof that you don't need fancy equipment to make cool stuff. Vfx ,3D modelling, animation, motion graphics, design, game development, cartooning, web comic's, video editing etc... (The only thing stopping you is your imagination and resilience to learn new things) There is riches in niches.

I think this decision is been hard because I worked really hard to make this video, and the research I had to do before hand it to have those ideas expand over 3 months.

From your point of view which path should I take?
And as a fastlaner how should Fastlaner's do YouTube?

The problem with the first one is that it's very short term even though the idea is long-term. It just lacks iterations. (This is a bit of a pointless rant but this outlines financial channels on YouTube they do it just for the CPM[cost per 1000 impressions].
if they were truly trying to solve your problem of financial needs, they will not be posting so frequently, and there will be no 1000 videos on there channel. It would be just maybe 10 videos on practical application that are universal.
Meaning NO "how to do drop shipping in [insert year here]" NO "how to do print on demand in [insert year here]" NO "this is how I got rich doing dropshipping” (instead of telling them that you got rich because you are selling the course you just promoted)
NO “this is how I got Richard doing YouTube” (instead of telling them you got rich by using their affiliate links in your description, sailing courses on how to get 1000 subs in your first week, instead of telling what Mr Beast says for free. “You have to understand what YouTube wants. Which is more people to click and watch. How you do that is up to you. You learn that by going through the process and figuring things out. What YouTube wants and what your audience wants, and provide that in the video where people are interested and entertained. And WOW YouTube push’s your content to a wider audience”
No “don't do dropshipping do drop servicing” (whilst you are getting rich selling a course on drop servicing, like how you was selling a course on how to do dropshipping). AN ABSOLUTE ABSURD ENDLESS CIRCLE
if they were truly trying to solve your needs they would have one 10-hour video on how to sell, how to build a product, how to market, and how to lead. And let’s not forget how to get millions of views on YouTube. then maybe you’ll change your language from “how I get rich” on YouTube to “how I get paid for advertising” on YouTube. The framework changes when you use YouTube as a channel. Meaning every time when you post it’s an ad not your livelihood.
Example:
Mr Beast came From getting paid as a YouTuber . To getting paid to advertise his Numerous businesses.
That should blow your mind. Ad cost, Ad Spend and Ad revenue became Ad income.

Instead of wasting your time trivialities. Letter react to Logan Paul wasting money on pokémon cards. Top 10 funniest Elon musk tweets. The surprise me with a Ferrari reaction. Another crypto drama. I know I'm being harsh but these videos I just a bunch of action faking they get money in the bag while you take notes about absolutely nothing and when they give you good nuggets of information you do nothing with it.
You will learn more from doing done watching. You would learn more from reading Alex Hormozi's book and MJ DeMarco (reading) than watching 10 000 videos YouTubers that do paradox of practice , and talk about does 10 drops shipping businesses that they started got a lot of money for 4 mounts to 2 years. Repeated the process about three more times, and realise that it's not sustainable, and most importantly realised they had to make their own products to close the barrier of entry. But decided that it's too hard. Because you know it would take sacrifice, the sacrifice would be breaking that view that everyone has of you of being rich, of the millionaire next door, that guy that has a lot of money, and actually start researching the market start finding out how to make the product, finding people that know how to make a product and figuring out that maybe the product is not good enough and make some good product etc..
Instead you rather sell courses on a path that you are well aware leads to nowhere (immediate pleasure instead of a fulfilling life of wealth) and have the audacity to say that this is "how I got rich"this is "how I STAY rich even NOW" so"You should follow my blueprint".

Anyway that's about it, that's all I wanted to say.
I went to off ramp and started typing crazy.

I think I should just do the mobile thing.
It is a clear defined need and purpose.
I can do it for the next 7 years (a good number of iterations).

Looks like I already knew the answer but I didn't want to admit it . Nevertheless I will still like to hear your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cathy790

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2024
Considering your tablet and design background, go for mobile content creation on YouTube. Share practical tips and build trus
Hi.I need help.
I spent the entirety of a Month editing a video (MAY 3rd to JUNE 2nd).

Somewhere along the way I decided to watch some Alex Hormozi.
The video is now titled "Alex Hormozi’s content strategy (REVEALED)".
The part that really hit home for me was. The following.
Speak on "your" truth rather than claiming to know "the" truth.
Example from:" how to get rich" to "how I got rich".

Everyone is unquestionably an expert on your own life. No one can question that. If I say I ate a cake for breakfast this morning. I am untouchable.
From a factual point no one can challenge me on that. THIS IS WHAT I ATE. Because that Real that's True, no one can touch that. But as soon as I say you should have had cake this morning. F*** you.

The whole point is this.
So many people are talking and teaching staff
A. They have never done before.
B. They are repurposing someone else's content. And making a worse version of it.

When you start talking theoretical and try to teach something it's "how to" . Rather than "how I".
I feel it's better to speak from experience
Example: "This is the stuff that's working right now for us in this context".

You have to have evidence that you can support why you are good. This way you speak from certainty, because you done it before. It's depth of experience.

Most people cannot separate information from source. Wisdom is built through being able to take from separating information from source. A fool can give you a valuable piece of wisdom or information or lesson. But is much harder to do that. So the shorthand is for us to go to somebody who is an absolute authority in this thing and has unquestionably a reason I should listen to them and then just listen to them. The downfall of that is that you start taking stock advice from your hairdresser.(because you trust them)

TIERS OF ADVICE : best to worst advice.

1. someone who has BEEN THERE DONE THAT + TAKEN MULTIPLE PEOPLE LIKE ME THERE.
2. someone who has TAKEN MULTIPLE PEOPLE LIKE ME THERE. But haven't done it themselves
3. someone WHO'S ONLY DONE IT THEMSELVES WITNESSED THE PROCESS but helps no one else.
4. someone who has witnessed the PROCESS MULTIPLE TIMES.
5. someone who has witnessed the PROCESS ONCE.
6. Everyone else (conventional wisdom).

Okay after that big rant the question that I'm trying to ask you is as a fastlaner how should you do YouTube.

Here's my situation.
All I have is a tablet and some editing apps so the only thing I can do is YouTube. I am aware that doing YouTube is violating CONTROL. And on top of that I am aware that YouTube is a channel (to reach a wider audience[SCALE]) not a business. I'll be basically be a HITCHHIKER. My first goal is not to get rich ,no it's just to get enough money so I can buy a laptop(and learn more about editing along the way). I know I want to make videos about finance on YouTube. it's where most of my knowledge lays. But I am aware that this will violate the commandment of NEED. But I have a background of design (5 years of design) I know how to make things look good. And I'm aware that the summaries and notes around the financial space have great information but the visuals suck. I already have a video done, my finger is just itching to hit the upload button. But my logic AND ethics is telling me no. On the tier list of advice I'll be around 4 and 5. And since I'm coming from a value-adding mind-set I think I have videos that are less than 20 in total.

1. is a Twitter thread narration about how to get rich without getting lucky by Naval Ravikant.
2. Copywriting explained by Harry dry.
3. Marketing explained by Harry dry.
4. Your realisation that dropshipping is dead and the rise and birth of a new dropshipper YouTuber guru. (Still working on the name).
5. The reason you cannot find anything (Google is dead).
6. Fallacies
7. The rise of Napoleon Hill
8. Don't follow your passions do dirty jobs by Mike Rowe.
9. Who is rich dad ? who is poor dad ? (Robert kiyosaki)
10. how to stay poor (tweet by Alex Hormozi)
11. The pursuit of happiness full story (Chris Gardner)
12. The Story of Earl Nightingale /the mind behind the strangest secret in the world recording.
13. How to get rich podcast ( visualised) by Naval Ravikant.
14. Mister beast money flow. (Monetization Funnel explained).
15. Alex Hormozi's content strategy explained.

less than 20.
I made sure most of the content ideas is evergreen so it can endure for a long term , value-adding. As I don't have any more ideas more than 20. Or should I just give up and look for another niche to provide value, I have no bigger endgame no app, no course nothing because I agree with MJ DeMarco when he says "to make millions shouldn't cost millions". Because honestly personally I wouldn't take advice from someone who hasn't gone through the trial and tribulation the process. I’m I more harm than good in that community if on the tier list I'm a 4 or a 5? I think yes. Furthermore let's be honest what real value am I adding just a bunch of pretty pictures and some good notes. Someone can just go and buy MJ DeMarco's books or Alex Hormozi’s and get a far better value.

Enough beating myself up. I have an alternative channel idea. Like I said from the beginning all I have is a tablet and a background in design. I'm also pretty good at getting better at something technical or artistic. And I have noticed that on YouTube there's a community around people that do content on using their mobile apps.

I can probably find a way to add value in that community and build trust. Maybe later down the road I can make an app that provide solutions to the struggles that you go through when making content on your mobile. And instead of 20 video ideas I have more iterations.

And different sub niches to jump into but still providing value in that community. A channel that provides proof that you don't need fancy equipment to make cool stuff. Vfx ,3D modelling, animation, motion graphics, design, game development, cartooning, web comic's, video editing etc... (The only thing stopping you is your imagination and resilience to learn new things) There is riches in niches.

I think this decision is been hard because I worked really hard to make this video, and the research I had to do before hand it to have those ideas expand over 3 months.

From your point of view which path should I take?
And as a fastlaner how should Fastlaner's do YouTube?

The problem with the first one is that it's very short term even though the idea is long-term. It just lacks iterations. (This is a bit of a pointless rant but this outlines financial channels on YouTube they do it just for the CPM[cost per 1000 impressions].
if they were truly trying to solve your problem of financial needs, they will not be posting so frequently, and there will be no 1000 videos on there channel. It would be just maybe 10 videos on practical application that are universal.
Meaning NO "how to do drop shipping in [insert year here]" NO "how to do print on demand in [insert year here]" NO "this is how I got rich doing dropshipping” (instead of telling them that you got rich because you are selling the course you just promoted)
NO “this is how I got Richard doing YouTube” (instead of telling them you got rich by using their affiliate links in your description, sailing courses on how to get 1000 subs in your first week, instead of telling what Mr Beast says for free. “You have to understand what YouTube wants. Which is more people to click and watch. How you do that is up to you. You learn that by going through the process and figuring things out. What YouTube wants and what your audience wants, and provide that in the video where people are interested and entertained. And WOW YouTube push’s your content to a wider audience”
No “don't do dropshipping do drop servicing” (whilst you are getting rich selling a course on drop servicing, like how you was selling a course on how to do dropshipping). AN ABSOLUTE ABSURD ENDLESS CIRCLE
if they were truly trying to solve your needs they would have one 10-hour video on how to sell, how to build a product, how to market, and how to lead. And let’s not forget how to get millions of views on YouTube. then maybe you’ll change your language from “how I get rich” on YouTube to “how I get paid for advertising” on YouTube. The framework changes when you use YouTube as a channel. Meaning every time when you post it’s an ad not your livelihood.
Example:
Mr Beast came From getting paid as a YouTuber . To getting paid to advertise his Numerous businesses.
That should blow your mind. Ad cost, Ad Spend and Ad revenue became Ad income.

Instead of wasting your time trivialities. Letter react to Logan Paul wasting money on pokémon cards. Top 10 funniest Elon musk tweets. The surprise me with a Ferrari reaction. Another crypto drama. I know I'm being harsh but these videos I just a bunch of action faking they get money in the bag while you take notes about absolutely nothing and when they give you good nuggets of information you do nothing with it.
You will learn more from doing done watching. You would learn more from reading Alex Hormozi's book and MJ DeMarco (reading) than watching 10 000 videos YouTubers that do paradox of practice , and talk about does 10 drops shipping businesses that they started got a lot of money for 4 mounts to 2 years. Repeated the process about three more times, and realise that it's not sustainable, and most importantly realised they had to make their own products to close the barrier of entry. But decided that it's too hard. Because you know it would take sacrifice, the sacrifice would be breaking that view that everyone has of you of being rich, of the millionaire next door, that guy that has a lot of money, and actually start researching the market start finding out how to make the product, finding people that know how to make a product and figuring out that maybe the product is not good enough and make some good product etc..
Instead you rather sell courses on a path that you are well aware leads to nowhere (immediate pleasure instead of a fulfilling life of wealth) and have the audacity to say that this is "how I got rich"this is "how I STAY rich even NOW" so"You should follow my blueprint".

Anyway that's about it, that's all I wanted to say.
I went to off ramp and started typing crazy.

I think I should just do the mobile thing.
It is a clear defined need and purpose.
I can do it for the next 7 years (a good number of iterations).

Looks like I already knew the answer but I didn't want to admit it . Nevertheless I will still like to hear your thoughts.

Considering your tablet and design background, go for mobile content creation on YouTube. Share practical tips and build trust in that community. It aligns with a clear need, allows for continuous improvements, and has growth potential over the next 7 years. Focus on providing value and building experience in your chosen niche.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.