The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am 17 years old and have 10.000€ what to do?

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
So I finished school in 2018 and started an apprenticeship immediately afterwards as an IT technician, I am still in the apprenticeship. I have read half of the MFL book.
I'm turning 18 this month and have saved € 10,000 from my salary. My question is what to do with it? I already invested some money of it in stocks and doubled it, but I read in the MFL stocks are not fastlane. On work I currently programming a lot and in my free time I just startet recently creating websites and programm my own computer game. I think I know "what to do", like give value to people and stuff like that from the MFL book (of course I will finish reading it and start reading unscripted ). And maybe I am on a good way??? Because in my job i learn a lot and in my freetime i started making websites and programming games, because i want to get out of my job after i finished the education or if its not possible this early later on. My plan next to my training is to create websites for people and maybe to finish programming my game and to publish it. And of course start my own business and go fastlane.

So my question would actually be what I can do with my saved money?

I still live with my parents in germany, I'm only 17 and therefore have no additional costs except maybe netflix & Spotify per month and not much more

Thank you for your time and your answers in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Find a need/problem, fill/solve it.
Execute.
Hear feedback and adjust!

Congrats on having this sum at your age!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Where abouts do you live in Germany?

Specifically tailored to your situation I would keep "investing" your cash in your own education rather than stocks. Books are extremely valuable as are some udemy courses. When you complete your "Ausbildung," its worth combining your job with your desired side gig and continue doing that until your side gig is profitable. You will earn more net per hour in a part time job than in FT. You will notice that the German system is kind of f*cked up.

At 17 you just havent had much life experience and time to build essential skills for a fastlane endeavour. Focusing on becoming better at programming/web development/design/English skills/marketing/ SALES/ The German beaucratic system/German Tax system and German company structures should be your priority now. You can start trying Upwork and if you feel comfortable with your tech skills look for any tech startups. (All of us startups in Germany are looking for devs nowadays).

Maybe even getting out of your comfort zone by visiting the US and doing a "praktikum" to really build on some interpersonal skills and polishing up your English. For example, I learned 80% of my English in the first 3 months in the UK. I was 16 when I left Germany. You grow in a lot of different categories extremely fast. Communication and language are also going to be extremely important in your space (unless you are only interested in German clients).

I admire your early fastlane thinking and already taking action at 17/18 years old. A lot of wannapreneurs here in Germany are mid-end twenties, live at their parents and just mentally masturbate about the CEO lifestyle.

At the end of the day you are going to find your path and nobody can really tell you what to do. Part of the game is to walk your own walk. Whatever you do just keep doing things and dont fall into the lazy entrepreneurship trap. People will tell you that you have time, and you do, but if you dont use that time efficiently you wont have any left.

What is your Ausbildung in?

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
Where abouts do you live in Germany?

What is your Ausbildung in?
I live in NRW and my "Ausbildung" is called IT system electronics technician

Thank you for your reply, it gives me a lot to think about and helped me plan my future a bit.

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
After i have seen this:

I got sad, because I am learning to code and stuff like that. But I understand that I just could pay a programmer with years of experience to code me an app and than I just sell it and dont have to waste my time learning to programm it.

But on the other side I saw this post:

And to programm a website you need to learn at least a bit of HTML/PHP/CSS, so I am a little bit confused

So is it a good idea to just pause my project of programming my own App and just pay a programmer from my savings to finish the app for me and than I can publish it and make money out of it? Ofc I will not pay him 10K, but a couple of hundreds maybe.

D

Deleted78083

Wouah, you seem and sound very mature for a 17 year old, much more mature than i was at your age, congrats! You can use this sum to start a fastlane company, but you don't have to. It is also nice to have some security in these times.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
After i have seen this:

I got sad, because I am learning to code and stuff like that. But I understand that I just could pay a programmer with years of experience to code me an app and than I just sell it and dont have to waste my time learning to programm it.

But on the other side I saw this post:

And to programm a website you need to learn at least a bit of HTML/PHP/CSS, so I am a little bit confused

So is it a good idea to just pause my project of programming my own App and just pay a programmer from my savings to finish the app for me and than I can publish it and make money out of it? Ofc I will not pay him 10K, but a couple of hundreds maybe.

I'm in NRW too.

I started a company with a CTO and we needed to invest heavily into the dev team anyway. If you learn to code you can seriously cut cost in your product and startup, you are more likely to receive an investment and can Project manage better when you outsource the developement work. Just alone the fact you can estimate the project better you prevent getting ripped off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.