- Joined
- Jun 20, 2016
- Messages
- 271
Rep Bank
$1,055
$1,055
User Power: 168%
I run a business where I sell b2b, particularly to executives responsible for multi-million dollar companies.
I've made a number of sales but I really need to increase my volume of sales to be profitable this year. I find that it's easier to sell B2C because typical consumers seem to be very emotionally driven so you just have to tailor your messaging around that. However with executives, they appear to be more logical and are always thinking "is this worth my time?". I almost feel like I'm selling to a different breed of human.
I recently purchased a number of copywriting and sales book that have emphasized the "transference of emotions" when selling, however I don't think these sort of tactics will work in B2B. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has a similar experience in B2B sales, and if so, how do you get through to executives/VPs/COOs etc.? How are you able to get their attention via email/inmail/cold calling so you can get them interested in learning more? Are there any book recommendations for b2b prospecting? And are they really as different and difficult as I'm making them out to be?
For the sake of keeping things simple, let's assume that my product is near perfect and is the ideal solution for my prospective clients.
I've made a number of sales but I really need to increase my volume of sales to be profitable this year. I find that it's easier to sell B2C because typical consumers seem to be very emotionally driven so you just have to tailor your messaging around that. However with executives, they appear to be more logical and are always thinking "is this worth my time?". I almost feel like I'm selling to a different breed of human.
I recently purchased a number of copywriting and sales book that have emphasized the "transference of emotions" when selling, however I don't think these sort of tactics will work in B2B. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has a similar experience in B2B sales, and if so, how do you get through to executives/VPs/COOs etc.? How are you able to get their attention via email/inmail/cold calling so you can get them interested in learning more? Are there any book recommendations for b2b prospecting? And are they really as different and difficult as I'm making them out to be?
For the sake of keeping things simple, let's assume that my product is near perfect and is the ideal solution for my prospective clients.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
