The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get your co-founders attain the right Fastlane mindset

Willem de Boer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 26, 2018
Hi all,

I would like to discuss the following, since I haven't read anything on this issue in the millionare Fastlane book.

Me and 2 other co founders started a livestream concept in the recruitment market. If you want to know the exact ins and out of the idea let me know. I'm happy to share, since it is not about having the next outerspace golden idea. No, it's about execution. And that is where I need some advice. We already have some big players in the market where we will pilot/demo our product. They are willing to pay for it and we clearly fullfill a need, that's why we'll mvp it to gain speed and get valuable insights. We'll learn from them and use that info to up the product. After that we'll iterate the process over and over. However, I know for a fact that execution means that whatever time you have you must use to improve in whatever way possible. Talk to competitors, extend your network, read market insights or whatever. My two other co-founders do not clearly see that. They have families and a slowlane job to support them (as do I). I do not want to be reactive. Meaning that when the pilots succeed that's the next starting point to thing of the next steps. No, I want to be proactive and do whatever is possible to create value in this stage. That's how you create massive speed. Whenever I tell them we can (and should) do more they argue that they their time goes to their slowlane jobs to support their families. I disagree, since it all comes down to dedication and devotion. If you clearly see the opportunities and where this will go you see all time invested as something that will pay off. And if not, nobody died! I see that. They don't see that yet. So my question is 'how can I get them to see the fastlane ahead'. I will get them the millionare fastlane book for christmas. That's a step in the right direction, but I want to 'activate' their fastlane potential right away. Or should I let my actions speak?

Looking forward to read your comments. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MustImprove

Speed Is Good, usually only in the right direction
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,916%
Apr 30, 2013
You should have assessed their fastlane mindset before "getting into bed" with them.

Partnerships are tricky. I've been there, and it was plenty frustrating and difficult at times....and that was with 2 great guys.

Business is hard enough, even when your ideas, focus, and mindset are aligned. It sounds like you guys are too far apart for success to flourish....IMHO.

As I say, I've been through partnerships, and my advice is to stop now before you get in too deep.

Your job is execution and success, not coaching folks who might not want your coaching in the first place.

You already have the gut instinct that something is wrong. Act on it to protect yourself, or (I think) you will regret it later.

Edit....
And if you want to know how much it can cost you, take a look at this thread....

GOLD! - How I Lost a Million Dollars, But Am Happier And Stronger Than Ever

Last edited:

Willem de Boer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks for your honest answer. I appreciate that. And you are right. I've ended multiple partnerships, one of which got a 100K investment. That partnership did not work out at all. Although it took my quite some years to finally end it. At this point in time I'm at such a level that I (think) see if stuff works out or not. That's the positive side of business failures. You learn from them :). In this situation one of the partners is the lead developer. The other partner brings marketing value.

You are right by saying that I sense something is 'wrong' and that is that they don't see the fastlane yet. I think they have the potential to see it. It took me some years already. But I think this team can reach great hights, but that true potential will appear if they see the fastlane and how to get there.

And you're right we are far a part (for now). But that's something I always seem to have. Sometimes I think 'is it me'?

Anyway, thanks for this food for thought. Again, much appreciated. I'll keep you posted. I'll check out the thread.

You should have assessed their fastlane mindset before "getting into bed" with them.

Partnerships are tricky. I've been there, and it was plenty frustrating and difficult at times....and that was with 2 great guys.

Business is hard enough, even when your ideas, focus, and mindset are aligned. It sounds like you guys are too far apart for success to flourish....IMHO.

As I say, I've been through partnerships, and my advice is to stop now before you get in too deep.

Your job is execution and success, not coaching folks who might not want your coaching in the first place.

You already have the gut instinct that something is wrong. Act on it to protect yourself, or (I think) you will regret it later.

Edit....
And if you want to know how much it can cost you, take a look at this thread....

GOLD! - How I Lost a Million Dollars, But Am Happier And Stronger Than Ever

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My advice for partnerships is this. If you already have your bread & butter and just want something to play around with.... then do a partnership if you want. The reason any of my partnerships have worked is because they are basically for fun.

Life is short.... don't spend too much time where you don't want to be. Before you know it 10 years will have passed and so might several opportunities.

Willem de Boer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks. I agree with you that fun is #1 (that rimes). On the other hand everything business related I do is not 'for fun'. I've got a clear path in mind and as you say I definitely do not spend too much time where I don't want to be. As long as the fun factor is still around I'll continue. Thanks again!

grtz

My advice for partnerships is this. If you already have your bread & butter and just want something to play around with.... then do a partnership if you want. The reason any of my partnerships have worked is because they are basically for fun.

Life is short.... don't spend too much time where you don't want to be. Before you know it 10 years will have passed and so might several opportunities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.