The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get a good logo on a tight budget?

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
I have an idea for a brand and already found a name. Now I need a logo. The problem is, that I don't have much money to invest. I would do it myself, but I have no experience with grafic design ... I could learn it, but that would take some time and feels a lot like action faking.

I already read some threads in the forum about logo design, where people suggested to stay away from Fiverr. Some said, you could get good logos on Upwork, others said that Upwork is not a good idea for that.

Has anyone experience in getting a good logo, that does not cost that much?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Upwork , 5 bucks.

edit : just checked, it was 8 bucks each time , that included rough drafts presented that I got to pick from or have them redo and then a final logo in 6 different formats

Dan Istudor from romania is my guy

Attachments

• SPB TUCSON.jpg
    SPB TUCSON.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 11
  • TCR jpg.jpg
    TCR jpg.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Taktik

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
Upwork , 5 bucks.
Like I wrote above, I read somewhere in the forum (can't remember where) that people suggested to stay away from Upwork, when you want to get a good logo.
Do you have good experiences with logo designers on Upwork?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Like I wrote above, I read somewhere in the forum (can't remember where) that people suggested to stay away from Upwork, when you want to get a good logo.
Do you have good experiences with logo designers on Upwork?

edited my post, not sure if the forum would alert you , I whole heartedly disagree with them. I have a friend who has a US based web design company and he charges like thousands and thousands of dollars. He outsources all of his work to third world folks for pennies on the dollar. Tons of high quality folks on sites like upwork. Now these logo designs were just for websites but I was pretty pleased with the results, especially integrating the arizona state flag (without being told) into the tucson custom remodel logo

Taktik

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
edited my post, not sure if the forum would alert you , I whole heartedly disagree with them. I have a friend who has a US based web design company and he charges like thousands and thousands of dollars. He outsources all of his work to third world folks for pennies on the dollar. Tons of high quality folks on sites like upwork. Now these logo designs were just for websites but I was pretty pleased with the results, especially integrating the arizona state flag (without being told) into the tucson custom remodel logo
Thanks for sharing your experience.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
1. Go to McDonald's.
2. Work for 4 hours.
3. Buy a logo.

If you can't afford a logo, then I'm not sure how you're planning to "start a brand".

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Upwork and fivver both have qualith talent. Just the reviews and realize they cant read your mind.

There are also websites and apps that will allow you to make pretty cool logos with no skills needed.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
It's important to have a solid logo and brand image if you're serious about winning. I recommend doing what @AgainstAllOdds suggested and just saving up a little bit to pay for one.

You've got several options. 99Designs will let you host a design competition for $300, Upwork, and Fiverr have some pretty cheap guys who are really good too.

I spent $500 on mine, which some would say is overspending, but I don't regret it. I want to be proud of the brand that I've created and have something that sticks in people's minds.

Have you ever seen The Profit? Great show. This guy is a billionaire - and I swear he makes the owners get their logos redone in like half of the episodes.

Bottom line: Image is important. Invest in your image and be involved in the process.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
I've used Tailorbrands.com a few times for some simple logos. They give you a zip file of different variations of your logo to download. I think they price the service monthly for like $10. Pay and download your logos then cancel your subscription. It has worked well for me, but their designs might not be what you're looking for.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Buy a logo on UpWork for cheap or approach a college kid studying design and give him $50 to make something useable.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
What about just doing it free on canva.com (hardly takes long even with little gfx experience) and reiterate it later?

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
People rave about 99designs and I don’t understand why. The same guys there are on upwork and fiverr.

Fiverr costs $7 nowadays due to changes in pricing structure.

I made the mistake of going with an American designer who charged more because i thought she’d do a better job. I ended up hiring an Indian girl to redo it.

Tip: commission a few of the cheap vendors and choose the design you like best. Same effect as 99designs but for a lot cheaper.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
1. Go to McDonald's.
2. Work for 4 hours.
3. Buy a logo.

If you can't afford a logo, then I'm not sure how you're planning to "start a brand".

Or even!
1. Pick a font and color
2. Type company name
3. Underline or or something

:rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What @Kak said. Write out the company name in a nice font. No need for a logo.

Focus on getting a client or customer.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Backing up a bit.

I have an idea for a brand and already found a name. Now I need a logo.

Lots of red flags here for me. “idea for a brand”, “found a name”, “need a logo”.

May I humbly suggest you read this thread:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I have from time to time used graphic designers on Fiverr, and have been delighted with the results. The most recent cases have been designing 3D book covers for my Labeling and Franchising books.

I set out amateurish layouts using Word, attached a picture, and the results that came back were far superior to what I had envisaged. They were done with amazing promptness, for $8 each and required no changes.

Some previous work I had done was performed by someone to whom I only gave a verbal description of my idea. I paid more than the asking price when I saw the quality of the work, and placed more orders.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.