The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find the good gurus

Anything related to matters of the mind

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
Social media is littered with ads promoting self help, get rich quick, take this instagram masterclass and grow a massive business through IG, etc....

I know most of that stuff is straight BS and I'm in the middle of reading UNSCRIPTED which basically confirmed my thoughts on the matter.

With that being said, there's got to be real guru's that actually aren't spewing BS to make a quick buck. I'm interested in finding these types. I want to learn how to code, become a master with SEO, become a master in growing social media accounts etc.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Anyone can make an ad.

Go on Youtube/forums/other free resources and search all of those topics and see who comes up. Go through their videos and put into action what you are learning.

If they can't help you get results for free it will be the same when it is paid.

This is the method I have used for over a dozen courses/programs and have never had any issues. If they have a ton of great free content it is nearly always very solid paid content.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Social media is littered with ads promoting self help, get rich quick, take this instagram masterclass and grow a massive business through IG, etc....

I know most of that stuff is straight BS and I'm in the middle of reading UNSCRIPTED which basically confirmed my thoughts on the matter.

With that being said, there's got to be real guru's that actually aren't spewing BS to make a quick buck. I'm interested in finding these types. I want to learn how to code, become a master with SEO, become a master in growing social media accounts etc.

Shark Tank Series is pretty good. Although they tend to have a heavy focus on physical consumer product business.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

By guru you mean a mentor?
What do you mean by "real guru"?

No one can master coding, SEO, growing social media accounts for you.
At best anyone can do is give you the tools and knowledge they have.

That however might be overwhelming for you.
I was going to paste a few links, but there is no point.
Mastery, at best, comes after 10k hours spent on the craft.

You want to be a master at coding?
Start small, w3schools, udemy, youtube.

Same with SEO, same with anything really.

There is no guru, real or otherwise, that will master anything for you.
And there is no one mentor who is master at everything.
----------------------------

That being said, maybe you can share a bit more about what you are trying do to?
We can then share our tools and knowledge with you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For growing social media accounts I follow: Rachel Miller, and Laurel Portié (Laurel is super smart with video marketing).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to learn how to code

You don't need a guru to learn that.

You just do it.

Stop looking for someone to guide you. Jump in and start working.

Trial and error is the best teacher.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden

I was actually in a similar situation to you just a few weeks back where I didn't really know what to do. Eventually I just picked something to get started instead of wasting more time. Once I got going I started finding those "gurus" and by staying consistent things started compounding to something bigger.
I started with web design and for me everything compounded into having my first sales call after about 1.5 months of working pretty much everyday with web design. My goal was just to do something everyday, no matter how small.
Now, a sales call is not a massive result compared to what other people in this forum have achieved but I could relate to what you wrote so I just wanted to share my very limited knowledge and experience. I hope this motivates you to just pick something and stay consistent. :)

Fox who posted earlier has some great content on youtube so if you want to do web design, I highly recommend his stuff. Fox Web School

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
By guru you mean a mentor?
What do you mean by "real guru"?

No one can master coding, SEO, growing social media accounts for you.
At best anyone can do is give you the tools and knowledge they have.

That however might be overwhelming for you.
I was going to paste a few links, but there is no point.
Mastery, at best, comes after 10k hours spent on the craft.

You want to be a master at coding?
Start small, w3schools, udemy, youtube.

Same with SEO, same with anything really.

There is no guru, real or otherwise, that will master anything for you.
And there is no one mentor who is master at everything.
----------------------------

That being said, maybe you can share a bit more about what you are trying do to?
We can then share our tools and knowledge with you.
I have an idea for an app/some new social media platform. Maybe master is too strong of a word, but at least learn how to do these things from reputable people is what I meant.

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
You don't need a guru to learn that.

You just do it.

Stop looking for someone to guide you. Jump in and start working.

Trial and error is the best teacher.
But if I never coded in my life, how do I just do that?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hmm... A few things:

1) Your goal isn't to "learn things". It's to get something done. Figure out what you want to do and then learn as you fix the problems. That's what MJ and others touched on.

2) Consider "Product-Founder" fit. Can *you* launch and make a sale in 7 days? If not, then maybe consider something you can launch in 7 days and make a sale.

3) "I have an idea for an app/some new social media platform." This statement raises so many red-flags. Anyway... See 2) above. Can you get something launched sooner? Is there some platform you can use to test if people are interested in your idea for an app/social media platform?

4) If you've never coded before then developing an app or new social media platform is going to have one steep learning curve. Again, see 2) above.

5) Do you really need to build an app or new social media platform to help the people you're setting out to help? Can it be done another, simpler way?

6) You don't have to learn from "gurus" anyway. Learn from whoever teaches the thing you need to know to solve the problem right in front of you?

7) Coding, SEO, growing social media accounts? Three big topics you could devote decades to. How deep do you want to go? (Hint: Enough to get the job done, or to be able to get someone else to do the job.)

8) "But if I never coded in my life, how do I just do that?" ... careful of that "but" word. Maybe check out this thread: Yes, but

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
Seriously - @sfarieri - Be your own guru. Read books. Take some coding courses. Make friends with others in the space. You need to gather information from multiple educational sources as any one source will have gaps in information that you need.

Instead of spending $1,997 on a guru "course", spend that on smaller legit courses and actually coding.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I have an idea for an app/some new social media platform. Maybe master is too strong of a word, but at least learn how to do these things from reputable people is what I meant.

It sounds like you have no clarity on your idea, no goal. Without clarity, how would you know what actions to take?
What does this idea look like? Do you have it in writing?

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
It sounds like you have no clarity on your idea, no goal. Without clarity, how would you know what actions to take?
What does this idea look like? Do you have it in writing?
I have the app drawn up on how I want it to look like and operate

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia
Without giving too much away, it simplifies an experience and makes it more human

You already revealed too much. Too late bro. I'm outsourcing the code and the app it's up tomorrow.
Millions are coming.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Without giving too much away, it simplifies an experience and makes it more human
Well you got the problem to solve, you say you`ve drawn up plans for it.
No guru needed. Go into action.

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
You already revealed too much. Too late bro. I'm outsourcing the code and the app it's up tomorrow.
Millions are coming.
I had a feeling you would do that so I went ahead and hired a lawyer who already went ahead and sued on my behalf and will block the apps release.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.