The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Direct link: How to make money with a website - 60% - 80% Opt In Landing Page Conversion Rate Optimization

Anyone who has a website knows how important it is to grow your email list.

Email marketing is one of the easiest ways to get your message read by tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people who want to buy the products and services you offer.

Best of all, it's 100% free advertising and in 2018, the average business will get 40X ROI for every penny spent acquiring their list (in other words: spend $1 and you make $40).

It's for this reason that you see sooo many posts about how to grow your list and why there are so many tools and apps available to help you achieve this goal.

However, popups, sticky bars or whatever else you happen to be using is only one small part of what you need to succeed.

In this video, you'll discover how to rapidly grow your email list with an opt-in landing page that has a 60% - 80% conversion rate.

It's so effective, that I used it to help one of my clients to get 394 new email subscribers (including key decision makers from international brands) in less than 6-days... from free traffic. :smile2:

Video description:

One of the easiest ways to make money with a website is to master opt in landing page conversion rate optimization and knowing how to build an email list.

Over the past 12 years, I've helped hundreds of clients from around the world to grow their business online including Noah Kagan, Neil Patel, Ezra Firestone and Sujan Patel.

I led the growth team at Roadtrippers where I help them to achieve 3-million active users and at FOMO we got a conservative evaluation of $2.6 million in less than 6 months.

When people hear about my experience, they LOVE asking how to to make money with a website:

“Hey Chris, tell me how to get more Shopify sales”
“Dude, what's the fastest way to get more clients?”
“Okay, answer this real quick: fastest way to get more customers?”
"I really need your help. What's the fastest way to get more sales online?"

The answer is actually very simple. All you need is email subscribers.

Today, I'm sharing my insights in this small business guide to opt in landing page conversion rate optimization.

In this video you’ll learn step-by-step how to quickly build an email list from scratch with a lead gen landing page that has a 60% - 80% opt in conversion rate.

TIME CODES:

00:33 How I got started making money online with a website
01:03 Fastest way to get more sales with a website
01:29 What people respond to
01:48 How large chunks of text on a website is bad for conversions
02:39 How to build an email list with a lead gen landing page
03:11 Most important parts of a opt in landing page
04:52 Why a opt in landing page is an important part of your sales funnel
05:49 Fastest way to get more customers to buy your products and services
07:12 Fastest way to get more email subscribers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
A big thank you to everyone who liked this thread. You rock! :)

At the time of this post, there is not a single like on it.

Stop promoting your Guru-BS on here and read the forum rules.
And maybe @SinisterLex thread. You‘ll know which one as soon as you read its title.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
At the time of this post, there is not a single like on it.

Stop promoting your Guru-BS on here and read the forum rules.
And maybe @SinisterLex thread. You‘ll know which one as soon as you read its title.
I'm certainly not a guru :) I can see where you're coming from. However, I do have extensive experience and this landing page works exceptionally well.

If you haven't already, then watch the video and let me know if you spot any BS.

Thanks.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm certainly not a guru :)

Thanks.

No guys, I'm definitely not a guru! I swear it!

I just post exactly how a guru posts. I look like a guru, smell like a guru, act like a guru, and treat other people like a guru...

But definitely not a guru.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
How to Build An Epic Email List Fast (So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It)
A big thank you to everyone who liked this thread. You rock! :)
The reason for your lack of likes, is probably because this forum's been used by a lot of gurus, bro-marketers etc. lately. People who view this forum as a one-way communication channel -- only to funnel new leads to their business -- and never really engage in the forum any other way.

Let's look at it this way:

1. It's your first post since July 16th, 2017. This gives off the impression that you're not here to contribute to the forum, but only to drop a link to your Youtube video.
  2. You're selling an online subscription box for entrepreneurs. So people on here are your target audience, right? Are you using this forum only to get a couple of more signups?
  3. The title, "How to Build An Epic Email List Fast (So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It)" is really salesy and instantly gives you the feeling that you'll be sold to.
  4. Your video title, "HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE WITH A WEBSITE" sounds even more spammy and targeted toward wantrepreneur money-chasers, which turns people on here off.
  5. I don't get why you claim a 60%-80% conversion rate, when the only "proof" you show in the video is a 47.15% CR in Unbounce.
  6. Most of us value our time quite highly, and this video starts off with a quirky intro filled with fluff and over-editing.
Other than that, your suggestions in the video were pretty good. Not groundbreaking, but I guess it's not supposed to be. It feels like you're targeting beginners.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I tried to watch it.

I said the next time you BEEP me, I'm out. Well, it only took about ten seconds.

Here's a marketing hint. Don't BEEP loudly in a video.

Second hint. TALK loud enough so I can hear you. When I turned it up loud enough to hear you, the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP was INTOLERABLE.

In toler a ble. noun - derived from Greek folklore for a sure fire way to piss off your viewers.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Not sure why there seems to be quite a lot of gurus here recently....

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
No guys, I'm definitely not a guru! I swear it!

I just post exactly how a guru posts. I look like a guru, smell like a guru, act like a guru, and treat other people like a guru...

But definitely not a guru.

I don't know what defines a guru to you, but if someone were to post an AMA thread, then would they look like a guru, smell like a guru or act like a guru?

I'm guessing you would say yes.

If you knew me, then you would never class me as a BS guru. But I guess all of the gurus say that right?

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Not sure why there seems to be quite a lot of gurus here recently....
Chris McCarron <--------- Not a guru :)

If someone posted a thread saying "How do I get more email subscribers?" and someone were to share their experience and expertise in order to help the poster, then would the person be classed as a guru?

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
I tried to watch it.

I said the next time you BEEP me, I'm out. Well, it only took about ten seconds.

Here's a marketing hint. Don't BEEP loudly in a video.

Second hint. TALK loud enough so I can hear you. When I turned it up loud enough to hear you, the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP was INTOLERABLE.

In toler a ble. noun - derived from Greek folklore for a sure fire way to piss off your viewers.

That's interesting. What type of device were you watching it on?

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
How to Build An Epic Email List Fast (So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It)
The reason for your lack of likes, is probably because this forum's been used by a lot of gurus, bro-marketers etc. lately. People who view this forum as a one-way communication channel -- only to funnel new leads to their business -- and never really engage in the forum any other way.

Let's look at it this way:

1. It's your first post since July 16th, 2017. This gives off the impression that you're not here to contribute to the forum, but only to drop a link to your Youtube video.
  2. You're selling an online subscription box for entrepreneurs. So people on here are your target audience, right? Are you using this forum only to get a couple of more signups?
  3. The title, "How to Build An Epic Email List Fast (So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It)" is really salesy and instantly gives you the feeling that you'll be sold to.
  4. Your video title, "HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE WITH A WEBSITE" sounds even more spammy and targeted toward wantrepreneur money-chasers, which turns people on here off.
  5. I don't get why you claim a 60%-80% conversion rate, when the only "proof" you show in the video is a 47.15% CR in Unbounce.
  6. Most of us value our time quite highly, and this video starts off with a quirky intro filled with fluff and over-editing.
Other than that, your suggestions in the video were pretty good. Not groundbreaking, but I guess it's not supposed to be. It feels like you're targeting beginners.

Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes and why should I bother coming back?
2. No subscription box. There's an old landing page, but it's not used or promoted
3. Why did you check it out?
4. Or maybe it's to do with Youtube SEO?
5. 47.15% (landing page) + 33.34% (popup) = ?
6. Use the timecodes (ps. the intro exists for a very specific reason)

Re beginners - Anyone who knows nothing about conversion rate optimization or those looking for a way to get more people to join their newsletter.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Yes. He may not be a traditional guru selling informational products. But he's doing the exact same thing. He's just selling "an online subscription box for someday millionares". Lol

Nope. I do find it odd that you're opposed to a someone running a business that looks to make money. Why join an entrepreneur forum? :)

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
2. No subscription box. There's an old landing page, but it's not used or promoted

Oh man, so when I download your "100% FREE CHEAT SHEET" to see what's in the back of your funnel, and I get this email from Chris McCarron himself, it's not promotion?

Finally! An online subscription box for someday millionares
The future is here.

The deal of all deals, that changes everything.

We've been listening to you loud and clear - you're too busy running your business to constantly be researching the best tools for growing your business.

And paying monthly bills for a ton of different apps gets expensive :-(

Oftentimes you end up just shelling out full price for the products because you KNOW that if each tool helps you land even one extra customer, it pays for itself.

But, landing a customer takes time and not every tool will pay for itself every month.

In fact, most entrepreneurs subscribe to a whole bunch of tools they rarely use.

We hear YOU.

And we came up with the solution.

GoGoDealz is the exclusive club for entrepreneurs.

You pay a single monthly price of $29 and get a monthly mystery box with access to new tools, resources, templates, ebooks and more to grow your business.

Your monthly mystery boxes may include:

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Oh man, so when I download your "100% FREE CHEAT SHEET" to see what's in the back of your funnel, and I get this email from Chris McCarron himself, it's not promotion?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I literally had no idea that an automation was running for that.

It's been removed. To give you some context - that concept is completely defunct and since been removed.

Thanks once again and I apologize for the email.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Your message is lost in how you presented it.

If you are not a guru then don’t present yourself as one. Use a normal tone, drop marketing buzzwords, don’t build hype. If the post has value it will rise naturally over time - you got to tell, not sell.

Unfortunately you wrapped this all up wrong and people were turned off before they even heard what you were saying.

Plus your video is extremely hard to watch - it’s over edited and the sound levels are quite irritating. I made it less than 20 seconds and I originally intended to watch it all (if good).

“But I’m not a guru” doesn’t matter when you have done everything to present yourself as one.

Imagine someone just really happens to like crowbars - so they climb in your window at 3am with a mask on and a flashlight. You end up shooting them cause you think it’s a burglar. “Hey man why did you shoot me - I just wanted to show you this new crowbar” lol.
Who’s fault it that?

It’s a forum full of business folk - use normal language and don’t have copywriting 101 speak.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Your message is lost in how you presented it.

If you are not a guru then don’t present yourself as one. Use a normal tone, drop marketing buzzwords, don’t build hype. If the post has value it will rise naturally over time - you got to tell, not sell.

Unfortunately you wrapped this all up wrong and people were turned off before they even heard what you were saying.

Plus your video is extremely hard to watch - it’s over edited and the sound levels are quite irritating. I made it less than 20 seconds and I originally intended to watch it all (if good).

“But I’m not a guru” doesn’t matter when you have done everything to present yourself as one.

Imagine someone just really happens to like crowbars - so they climb in your window at 3am with a mask on and a flashlight. You end up shooting them cause you think it’s a burglar. “Hey man why did you shoot me - I just wanted to show you this new crowbar” lol.
Who’s fault it that?

It’s a forum full of business folk - use normal language and don’t have copywriting 101 speak.

Interesting. Thanks.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I don't know what defines a guru to you, but if someone were to post an AMA thread, then would they look like a guru, smell like a guru or act like a guru?

If you knew me, then you would never class me as a BS guru. But I guess all of the gurus say that right?

First, I didn't "class" you as a guru. I mocked you because other people classed you as a guru. But now you have my attention, and even though the burden of proof is not on me to prove you are a guru, now I just want to.

You know why you don't know what defines a guru to me? Because you didn't get to know me...

• Did you post an introduction to get to know the forum?
• Have you posted a high value AMA explaining your exact process?

Now let's break down your post so others can see just how "not a guru" you are...

Before adding any value, you post a link off site to your funnel.

You open with a generalization designed to lump everyone into a category and gain agreement.

Email marketing is one of the easiest ways to get your message read by tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people who want to buy the products and services you offer.

Here you attempt to use big numbers indirectly for credibility, but fail because they're posted as words instead of numeric values.

Best of all, it's 100% free advertising and in 2018, the average business will get 40X ROI for every penny spent acquiring their list (in other words: spend $1 and you make $40).

Here you make a statement that can't be proven untrue, and even if people in your funnel don't get those results, you're still not to blame because they must have done something wrong. -- a cult tactic so shame and guilt can be applied at a later time.

It's for this reason that you see sooo many posts about how to grow your list and why there are so many tools and apps available to help you achieve this goal.

Here you attempt to imply that your post is not the same as all of those other posts. Yours is somehow different -- which also implies there must be some secret or mystery to your method that sets it apart.

However, popups, sticky bars or whatever else you happen to be using is only one small part of what you need to succeed.

Here you imply that there is something more that we need beyond those things to succeed -- a type of open loop that begs the question, "what could it be?"

In this video, you'll discover how to rapidly grow your email list with an opt-in landing page that has a 60% - 80% conversion rate.

Here you make a vague statement about what's possible, in other words future pacing how great life will be after watching your video (which leads directly into your funnel).

It's so effective, that I used it to help one of my clients to get 394 new email subscribers (including key decision makers from international brands) in less than 6-days... from free traffic. :smile2:

Here you attempt to establish more credibility by vaguely mentioning social proof. I'm surprised you didn't name drop your clients to make it more impactful. Also you mention "big" numbers again in a very short time period indicating how easy it is to do this, and free.

One of the easiest ways to make money with a website is to master opt in landing page conversion rate optimization and knowing how to build an email list.

Over the past 12 years, I've helped hundreds of clients from around the world to grow their business online including Noah Kagan, Neil Patel, Ezra Firestone and Sujan Patel.

Instead of sharing anything of value, you just make a repost talking about your "hundreds" of clients -- another big number before name dropping a bunch of well-known marketers.

I led the growth team at Roadtrippers where I help them to achieve 3-million active users and at FOMO we got a conservative evaluation of $2.6 million in less than 6 months.

More big numbers for credibility that no one is likely to question.

When people hear about my experience, they LOVE asking how to to make money with a website:

Here you use a bunch of probably fake questions that nobody has ever asked you, and certainly nobody from this forum asked because nobody knows you here.

I'm sure it is...but no, all you need is NOT email subs to make money. Sorry, there's real people behind the screen.

Today, I'm sharing my insights in this small business guide to opt in landing page conversion rate optimization.

In this video you’ll learn step-by-step how to quickly build an email list from scratch with a lead gen landing page that has a 60% - 80% opt in conversion rate.

As if we're all so stupid we wouldn't realize this is your lead magnet...

Back to this...instead of accepting that your post reads exactly like a direct response marketing guru's post and using that opportunity to make adjustments, introduce yourself to the forum, and post an actual AMA so people can decide if you're valuable (or not)...you go straight to defensive tactics (what all gurus do) and launch a personal campaign against the people who say you're a guru.

If someone posted a thread saying "How do I get more email subscribers?" and someone were to share their experience and expertise in order to help the poster, then would the person be classed as a guru?

You didn't do that. You posted a gateway into a marketing funnel in a way that reads like a marketing funnel and put the burden of proof on us to watch your video. If you knew anything about value creation, converting people, or engaging your audience, you wouldn't have approached our forum this way at all.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I literally had no idea that an automation was running for that.

You don't even know how your own funnel operates, but you're teaching others...

Conclusion?

You are a guru.
(just not a very good one)

A Tier 3 guru who doesn't know anything about value creation. You've spent time reading up on all the big names like Neil Patel and following exactly what they say and believing that that's how you should talk to other people to get them to respond.

Funny thing is, Patel and Halpern are Tier 1 gurus, and they talk that way to sell to Tier 3 gurus like you.

If you want to know more about Tier 3 gurus, you can read my 4th GOLD thread here.

That's called an open loop by the way. Also notice how I added relevant credibility.

I'm sure they taught you that though...

No more responses from me though. The forum saw through your post before I even got tagged. Now it's up to them to decide. Personally, I decided not to watch your video because writing this post already wasted enough time.

Last edited:

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
First, I didn't "class" you as a guru. I mocked you because other people classed you as a guru. But now you have my attention, and even though the burden of proof is not on me to prove you are a guru, now I just want to.

You know why you don't know what defines a guru to me? Because you didn't get to know me...

• Did you post an introduction to get to know the forum?
• Have you posted a high value AMA explaining your exact process?

Now let's break down your post so others can see just now "not a guru" you are...

Before adding any value, you post a link off site to your funnel.

You open with a generalization designed to lump everyone into a category and gain agreement.

Here you attempt to use big numbers indirectly for credibility, but fail because they're posted as words instead of numeric values.

Here you make a statement that can't be proven untrue, and even if people in your funnel don't get those results, you're still not to blame because they must have done something wrong. -- a cult tactic so shame and guilt can be applied at a later time.

Here you attempt to imply that your post is not the same as all of those other posts. Yours is somehow different -- which also implies there must be some secret or mystery to your method that sets it apart.

Here you imply that there is something more that we need beyond those things to succeed -- a type of open loop that begs the question, "what could it be?"

Here you make a vague statement about what's possible, in other words future pacing how great life will be after watching your video (which leads directly into your funnel).

Here you attempt to establish more credibility by vaguely mentioning social proof. I'm surprised you didn't name drop your clients to make it more impactful. Also you mention "big" numbers again in a very short time period indicating how easy it is to do this, and free.

Instead of sharing anything of value, you just make a repost talking about your "hundreds" of clients -- another big number before name dropping a bunch of well-known marketers.

Here you use a bunch of probably fake questions that nobody has ever asked you, and certainly nobody from this forum asked because nobody knows you here.

I'm sure it is...but no, all you need is NOT email subs to make money. Sorry, there's real people behind the screen.

Back to this...instead of accepting that your post reads exactly like a direct response marketing guru's post and using that opportunity to make adjustments, introduce yourself to the forum, and post an actual AMA so people can decide if you're valuable (or not)...you go straight to defensive tactics (what all gurus do) and launch a personal campaign against the people who say you're a guru.

You didn't do that. You posted a gateway into a marketing funnel in a way that reads like a marketing funnel and put the burden of proof on us to watch your video. If you knew anything about value creation, converting people, or engaging your audience, you wouldn't have approached our forum this way at all.

Conclusion?

You are a guru.

A Tier 3 guru who doesn't know anything about value creation. You've spent time reading up on all the big names like Neil Patel and following exactly what they say and believing that that's how you should talk to other people to get them to respond.

Funny thing is, Patel and Halpern are Tier 1 gurus, and they talk that way to sell to Tier 3 gurus like you.

If you want to know more about Tier 3 gurus, you can read my 4th GOLD thread here.

That's called an open loop by the way. Also notice how I added relevant credibility.

No more responses from me though. The forum saw through your post before I even got tagged. Now it's up to them to decide. Personally, I decided not to watch your video because writing this post already wasted enough time.

Thanks for watching and thanks for your link to your post. I suppose that makes you a guru? :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks for watching and thanks for your link to your post. I suppose that makes you a guru? :)

That's it? That's all? At a minimum you should be able to use this thread to sharpen your saw. You might want to thank these guys for the help they have given you. Use it to be authentic and you may be able to refine your offering to help people.

This thread is teetering in-between legendary (thanks Fox and Lex) and landfill.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Direct link: How to make money with a website - 60% - 80% Opt In Landing Page Conversion Rate Optimization

Video description:

TIME CODES:

01:03 Fastest way to get more sales with a website
01:29 What people respond to
01:48 How large chunks of text on a website is bad for conversions
02:39 How to build an email list with a lead gen landing page
03:11 Most important parts of a opt in landing page
04:52 Why a opt in landing page is an important part of your sales funnel
05:49 Fastest way to get more customers to buy your products and services
07:12 Fastest way to get more email subscribers

What you are going to find about this unique oasis on the internet is that the BS filter is highly tuned, and the forum is self regulating. We have to do very little moderation, as the forum takes care of the content. If you invest in this place, you will sharpen your business and learn along the way while you contribute.

Your OP reads like a lead generation, and then you accidentally send someone a solicitation when they agree to give you their email address for your "free" content.

This type of soft entry to sales funnels works elsewhere, and you followed the program perfectly. You just chose the wrong audience. We're not potential customers of yours. And, while efforts like this are targeted at newbies looking for shortcuts, we are over-protective of the newbies that find their way to the forum as we're hoping they find authenticity in their journey vs. sales pitches for programs.

Don't leave. Stay, and teach and absorb and learn. Contribute. You'll find a deeper purpose and deeper meaning and I bet bigger success if you re-anchor with the mindset of helping people vs. selling people. Lose the used car salesman hype. You have such great potential at such a young age. Don't get lured by the fake easy money gurus. You're NOT a featured poster at the FastLaneForum as your website states. Your post ratio:likes is below average, but you're smart and articulate and some day could become that person that people want to hear from.

I'd abandon ship on this thread, hang out a while, read more than you write, and re-engage when you have something of value to give to the forum. We want you here. You just need to cool it on your original thought process that we are here to learn from you and/or buy from you. We're here to do a chapter of life with you, and hopefully everyone is enriched as a result.

If that's not what you are looking for, just click the X in the top right hand corner of the web browser you're using and hunt somewhere else. Best of luck with what ever path you pick.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
That's it? That's all? At a minimum you should be able to use this thread to sharpen your saw. You might want to thank these guys for the help they have given you. Use it to be authentic and you may be able to refine your offering to help people.

This thread is teetering in-between legendary (thanks Fox and Lex) and landfill.
First, I didn't "class" you as a guru. I mocked you because other people classed you as a guru.

Why do you feel compelled to mock someone who aims to help other people to grow their business online... for free?

Sure, you might feel you're helping to guide people away from the video, but your use of mockery (of a person who never claimed to be a guru) insults those who find this video useful.

Therefore, it comes across that your aim isn't to help and guide people but to highlight that by supporting the content of this video, they face being mocked, criticised and ultimately censored if their opinions do not fall in line with yours.

However, I'm sure this isn't your intention.

But now you have my attention, and even though the burden of proof is not on me to prove you are a guru, now I just want to.

I don't understand the relevance of this.

• Did you post an introduction to get to know the forum? <---------- Yep
• Have you posted a high value AMA explaining your exact process? <------- Ask away

Now let's break down your post so others can see just how "not a guru" you are... <---- guru vs dude who isn't a guru (yay!)

1. Before adding any value, you post a link off site to your funnel. <------- To Youtube... I don't own Youtube and sometimes people prefer to watch content on Youtube opposed to in a forum.

Therefore, it exists for convenience.

You open with a generalization designed to lump everyone into a category and gain agreement. <----- Do you agree or do you disagree?

2. ...

3. Plenty of research supports this and note that I mention THE AVERAGE BUSINESS. Average means ...?

As for your comments about "a cult", "shame" and "guilt"... You're being melodramatic and you're unintentionally using the tactics you oppose.

4. Really? Are you sure it's nothing to do with me highlighting that building an email list is a popular topic? Feel free to expand on my use of language that insinuates a "secret" "mystery".

5. Sweet. I wrote something that peaks someone's interest. Why is that a bad thing?

6. It's pretty specific. Every industry, niche and offer is different and therefore gets a different result from the other.

In other words: it's ethical.

7. You can clearly see the client's logo in the video and it was achieved with free traffic within 6-days. It's up to you to believe me or not to believe me. If you don't then there's absolutely no reason why you should waste your time watching this video.

Why is it easy?

a) A super-simple landing page that includes 7-key elements.
b) Offer something people like, send relevant traffic and refine your message

8. The value is in the video. Watch it or don't watch it *shrugs*

As for name dropping... Why is it there?

9. So you criticise me for being specific, but on the other hand criticise me for not being specific. Pick one and stick with it.

10. Specific questions that many people ask themselves. This is supported by the search volumes of those specific keyword phrases on Google and Youtube.

Therefore, they are questions that people who find my video on Youtube (and this thread on Google) want an answer to.

11. It's a simple and fast solution that is often overlooked. Look into increasing CLV and sales funnels.

12. People are downloading the bite-sized guide for free. Nothing wrong with that. Read Cialdini's research?

Additionally, your on an entrepreneur forum slating the idea that someone might be using content as a way to get people into their sales funnel to make money? *gasp*

13. I see where you're coming from. Thanks. However, considering that this is the first video, then maybe the things you're criticising exist to act as an introduction to who I am and quickly establish what I'm giving away for free might be valuable to you?

Furthermore, I have already introduced myself to the forum.

Let me ask you a straight question... Could someone view your comments as being offensive, and at times, a defensive tactic (that all evil gurus do).

Aren't your comments a personal campaign?

14. Into a marketing funnel on Youtube?

So don't watch the video and don't download the free checklist.

"burden of proof"? Am I being too specific or not specific enough?

15. Either I'm an evil mastermind or a clueless idiot. Make up your mind.

How about you try watching the video, create the landing page and see what happens? :)

Conclusion?

You are a guru.

16. Yes! More accurately: (just not someone you know very well... but sorta know about now...)

17. Doesn't this video and the free checklist create value?

18. *slaps his forehead* I'm not even going to bother responding to this.

19. See above.

20. Lovely. But wait! Isn't this "a generalization designed to lump everyone into a category and gain agreement."

See above.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.