The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do/did you become passionate about entrepreneurship without a big FTE?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I'm not sure where you've worked, but I've seen countries where you can get much more than a 2% raise if you perform well. In any case, there's always a limit, whereas being an entrepreneur the sky is the limit.
London. During the recession.

Company would set targets for Q1 - Q4. We'd hit targets for Q1-3 which would lead to a new and overly ambitious Q4 goal. Q4 goal would not be hit, bonuses were cut and only the top performers got a sandwich raise.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
It was because I was fascinated about how easy it is to make money with the right actions
, knowing the right people.
I studied and beneaththat I did it.

I got a job after studiing, which is too good.
Allways when I think about ideas, I getthe conclusion that it doesnt be worth it for me.

in the 3 months, since I m here in the forum, I got 2 of my friends into entrepreneurship. One started a lawn mowing business, the other a bikes tire trade.

Lawn mowing with employees in Germany is a zero number.
Tire trading may bring an amount of money.

So I m Still waiting for my opportunities.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
London. During the recession.

Company would set targets for Q1 - Q4. We'd hit targets for Q1-3 which would lead to a new and overly ambitious Q4 goal. Q4 goal would not be hit, bonuses were cut and only the top performers got a sandwich raise.
Being in London, there are many opportunities to look for a better company, not worth staying there.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
For me personally it was the fear of being average... (which I still am financially because of lack of focus)

To me the main driving force is the ability to buy super cars and as many as I want. That's really it, along with the ability to drive them all over the country. I've been fortunate enough to drive some pretty nice cars for extended periods of time and its literally my favorite thing in the world and has been since I could drive.

Up until now I've always been so shortsighted in my thinking in hopes of getting "Lambo money" as quickly as possible. Which has lead to 4+ years down the drain and no successful business to show for it.

Lots of important lessons learned in that time frame so it wasn't a complete waste. If I just committed to something and saw the long-term in it and stuck with it for 4 years I'd probably have the money to start funding my passion.

CardinalFlame

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jul 2, 2019
Scottsdale
Many people don't need to have F*ck this events.

I think it comes down to how you see yourself in relation to the world. Do you see yourself as a bystander? A creator? A provider?

If you have the desire to make the most out of life and following someone else's script doesn't do it for you, then of course you will begin looking elsewhere.

The challenge comes when you realize that this path isn't going to be easy. That's why reading the right books, surrounding yourself with the right people, and ensuring that you have the right habits is so important.

You are actively going against the norm, and that must become normal to you.

For me it isn't about passion. I simply do not feel that I have any other choice if I want to lead a life that I don't regret.

When my friends and others say that they are impressed with what I have done, it actually gets under my skin because I am not... at all.

That's because I pay attention to a different crowd. I don't care how much someone makes in a salaried position. My eyes are always on other entrepreneurs, and usually ones who are doing far better than I am.

It doesn't mean that I will never be happy until I am as good or better than those that I compare myself to - I am plenty happy right now - but what it does mean is that I have completely different standards than most people for what I find acceptable and unacceptable.

I simply find working a 9-5 unacceptable. I find it unacceptable for my business to be stagnating or declining. I find it unacceptable to rest on my laurels because I know that my future family and future self will suffer for it.

Don't worry about being passionate for "business."

Be passionate for life and growth.

If you are actively seeking to create an abundant present and future for yourself and others, then you will recognize what the correct path is, whether that be as an employee or an entrepreneur.

Well put, thank you for sharing!! Couldn't agree more, life is about growth.

Nez24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 14, 2019
I've been thinking about this recently. Some people don't feel the urge, some people do. Most of the ones that feel it, they probably do out of necessity (bad job, miserable life, etc.). I wonder how do you manufacture passion for entrepreneurship when life is not really pushing towards it.

To start with an example: I want to pursue entrepreneurship because it would eventually allow me to have the lifestyle I want (which requires not having a day job, being location-independent, etc.). I'm trying to convert this into a burning passion that drives me towards the goal. When I think what my life would look like in 5, 10, 15 years if I haven't got there, it scares the hell out of me to see how many dreams I left behind for not going for entrepreneurship now, so I go for it even if I don't need it at the moment.

How do you folks approach this?
Have to find your why your reason for even thinking about it. In my opinion you are already on the right track for thinking about it. Do you want to work for someone else or have control over your life and lead your own path?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Have to find your why your reason for even thinking about it. In my opinion you are already on the right track for thinking about it. Do you want to work for someone else or have control over your life and lead your own path?
Indeed, just 3 months back to a job and I'm already pissed off. But I think I'm finding a stronger why too.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
As I have observed parents with business background will influence their kids.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I love this video. See the twinkle in this guy’s eyes:
I watched this video for the 5th time. It's a great video, and sounds like The One Thing with a different perspective. My only complain is that it mentions his business too many times, so sounds like a sales video. But otherwise it's great.

Are you saying, you don´t enjoy helping people?
Funny that you asked this. I enjoy helping people in my day job, but I hate it badly when people don't want to be helped or don't listen. I'm actually going through this right now, and make me lose the desire of helping people. I'll take it as it is: move on ASAP and try to help other people who really want to be helped.

Anyway, I didn't want to convert this thread in a thread about me, but gather other people's experiences. Thanks again to everyone who's participated so far.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I watched this video for the 5th time. It's a great video, and sounds like The One Thing with a different perspective. My only complain is that it mentions his business too many times, so sounds like a sales video. But otherwise it's great.
Also, it's tricky when you know what's the single activity that would fascinate and motivate you for the rest of your life, but making a business out of it (which I assume is what the video tries to explain when he says that it applies to both your personal and business life) is incredibly difficult compared to other businesses/activities, and even unwise. I know what's that activity in my case (EXECUTION - Building a video games business from scratch), but it's one of the most challenging business activities you can go for today, and that's why I'm chipping away from it (at least temporarily, until I get into a place where I don't have to trade my time for money).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Funny that you asked this. I enjoy helping people in my day job, but I hate it badly when people don't want to be helped or don't listen. I'm actually going through this right now, and make me lose the desire of helping people. I'll take it as it is: move on ASAP and try to help other people who really want to be helped.

Anyway, I didn't want to convert this thread in a thread about me, but gather other people's experiences. Thanks again to everyone who's participated so far.
“Help the people in motion.” (Amy Hoy)

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
“Help the people in motion.” (Amy Hoy)
I ended up finding her book "Just F**cking Ship". Apparently, the book (at least a rough version) was written and shipped in 24 hours applying the same techniques it explains. Added to my reading TODO.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.