The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Bad Do You Want It? Really Bad, yet I'm Stuck in Park!

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
3:43 P.M.

I’ve had it. Literally just screamed “f this” to the top my lungs! Read TMF and Unscripted , understand the 5 fast lane commandments, engine is primed and fueled, but I’m missing something. What that is, I don’t know (execution?). I’ve had enough, and it’s time to hit the fastlane and create some damn value!

Brief bio about myself:
28, near Houston, and I’m at the point MJ was between the blizzard and first couple of months in AZ. Wake up to an alarm clock, or my mom. Instead of “get a job baby”, I hear “why don’t you get a 9-5 like xyz”, or “why don’t you work for xyz” (she thinks working for Exxon, Shell, or Google is the way to go). 401k, jobs with benefits, and “the only way you will make it is by going out there like everyone else and getting a 9-5 and work hard” is what I hear multiple times a day. I’m not going to lie, I work a terrible job. When I say terrible, I mean it. Get up at 5 AM, slightly above min. wage, and sometimes barely a moment to eat. The staff/admin look down on me, hardly speak, and the clients/people I’m assigned to are worse. Either I’m cussed out at, threatened, or shamed how pathetic I am for working a measly job that couldn’t pay a mortgage. Come home, and it’s not better . My mom wonders if I’m normal because I bring a book or audio tape everywhere I go, says starting a business isn’t a job, and criticizes my every attempt/move. I decided to take off for about two months because of the stress. I know I’ve screwed up in life, and my choices lead me to this outcome. I want to do everything I can to switch teams, and provide value.

Life feels like I only lived to pay the bills, no hope, an environmental depression everyday.

I’ve dabbled into a trend (predict its demise soon, so I’m making a profit while preparing an exit strategy), and have managed to secure 2 months of not having to work. I know two months isn't alot, but it feels like hitting the jackpot not going back to that demeaning job.

Here’s the situation I’m currently in. I must be suffering from overanaylsis paralysis, or not executing? I have a few ideas I feel are fastlane, but just don’t know which road to take? I’m not asking for someone to hold my hand, just feel the need to surround myself with experienced entrepreneurs on here, and move towards a productocracy that will provide value to others.

Here are some ideas I’m sitting on:

1.) Problem: Issues with driving in Houston. I found a way to possibly reduce the traffic and over crowdedness about 10-20%. It would require a very simple device to program, and build a simple infrastructure (think what elon musk is doing) to free up the space. Also, would require a substantial amount (about 70-100k) for r&d, but I see the end result benefits the city.

Obstacles: I managed to get in touch with one of MJ DeMarco’s favorite authors. Not only did I get in touch, I had some brief mentorship training from him, we discussed this issue. He said if I can get approval from the mayor, then he would be willing to invest/jv this idea off the ground. That was about 2 years ago, during the time, I had 3 family emergencies shortly after that I had to a really hard time in my life, plus I didn’t execute. Not sure if I should reinvigorate things?​

2.) Problem: The weather in Houston and pets. A few days I came up with an idea that would protect pets from the harsh weather we can have. It’s a simple concept like @JasonR did, but I’m still fiddling with the concepts.

Obstacles: It would be geared more towards dogs, and soft testing the market to see if it provides enough of value, and there needs to be some basic consumer education/safety testing.

3.) Problem: Dating today sucks! Most tend to “hookup”, and cheating is as easy as pie. I found method (it’s not unethical, but goes against morals) that will satisfy this issue.

Obstacles: Building the app, testing the markets, and bringing enough of men and women together for it to work. Like I said, it goes against a lot of morals, but if I could pull this off, it would be anew okc or dating app.​

That’s pretty much where my life is. I know MJ said not to be a polygamous, but I’ve been doing websites on the side. I have a knack for it, and a friend of mine just decided to be my sales guy. He found deal that could close to 5 figures soon, so basically he gets the clients, I build the sites, and help close the deal, and we split the cut. Not sure if this is something needed to be brought up, but just wanted to mention it.

I really appreciate all the value, advice; everyone has post throughout the years on the forum. Some days I have multiple tabs reading @Vigilante, @IceCreamKid , @Andy Black , @JackEdwards, and many others. Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
What's up @LamboKing! Hey, the forum can't make those kinds of calls for you but...if I were in your shoes, I'd pick something and get busy at it. Use MJ's WADM model if you need to put some numbers on things.

I think what you will find is that there are some "Belief Scams" still inside that need to work their way out. It took me struggling through a few businesses to get a handle on them.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Thanks for chiming in @getright. I think I just had a case of information overload/analysis paralysis, and need to have clear focus?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Thanks for chiming in @getright. I think I just had a case of information overload/analysis paralysis, and need to have clear focus?
Well, your 1 year forum anniversary is coming up in a week. What about a focused week of figuring out "what" you want to build? Maybe start a progress thread July 1?

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week" - George S. Patton

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.