The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing an MMA news channel on YouTube

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I just posted another video, but will wait a couple of days to share it here as I like it to be shown to the right audience first to gauge things.

One real positive of this model is something that I didn't consider before, is that I have already been recognized once in real life from the channel when training BJJ. These kind of interactions will only increase over time as I get more popular in my niche.

People will start asking questions about what I do, then I just casually mention what I do and what products I have etc.

Yes it's an online business model, but it translates to the real world quite well for me considering i train this stuff all the time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I did a live reaction to the latest UFC 291 PPV event that just took place.

View: https://youtu.be/bl2kHsHGsr4

I like this laid back style of video.

I just whipped up the best thumbnail and video i could on my phone without any equipment.

Articles on my website are already starting to rank for google search with some SEO stuff I have learnt.

I didn't expect one impression yet, but to have 55 is good. I should continue with that strategy aswell as the videos I think.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hey Timmy, just stopping by to tell you that this is a very, very solid idea and I'm sure you'll grow this into something big if you stay consistent. I love these types of businesses because there's little guesswork here. If you keep producing content and improving it, you'll grow this for sure into a proper business.

Also, the parrot sounds in the background in your live reaction video made me miss Australia. No country in the world has such uniquely loud (and sometimes so annoying lol) bird life.

As for SEO, I suggest the following:
  • Use surferseo.com to avoid guesswork and write the most optimized articles possible. It's a bit expensive but if you plan to publish many posts, it'll be worth it.
  • lowfruits.io is a really, really powerful keyword research tool for long tail keywords which would be the easiest for you to rank for now.
  • You use many photos of fighters in your articles. Make sure they come from a legit stock site as there are people who may want to sue you (or UFC may tell you to take these down).
  • Using that many photos but not writing that much content makes it hard to read it. Sometimes there's a photo, one line of text, and another photo. It makes it very easy to miss the text and it makes for a clunky reading experience.
  • Keep your permalinks short and use the same keyword for the permalink as in H1 (the main one you want to target). For example, you have campcombat.com/mmanews/discover-the-greatest-ufc-fighter-of-all-time. If you're targeting "best UFC fighter of all time" then this should be in your permalink. It should be https://www.campcombat.com/best-ufc-fighter-of-all-time. By the way, this article shouldn't be under MMA news but somewhere else.
  • Remove the category from your permalinks. No need to have "mmanews" in the URL. Keep your URLs clean and short.
  • Improve your About page. Add more content (your backstory, qualifications, etc.), your picture, and your name. This is one of the signals for Google that you're an authority.
  • Use proper formatting and a structure that makes it easy to read your articles. This article is an example of a bad structure that makes me want to leave right away: Shoulder Injuries in MMA: Preventing Issues and Enhancing Performance — Camp Combat Use headlines, short paragraphs, put important things in bold, use bullet points (you used them here so that's good), add some images.
  • On your newsletter sign-up page (Nutrition and injury prevention ebook — Camp Combat) I wouldn't ask for the last name. It gives you nothing valuable but will lower your opt-in rate.
  • Set up a custom homepage introducing your brand, yourself, and showcasing your best articles. If a user lands on a random archive page as the homepage, it doesn't make for a nice browsing experience and may prompt them to leave.
  • I know that's a lot of work but I would change your theme to a nicer one. This one is very amateur and doesn't look good. I highly recommend Kadence which gives you starter pages that are easy to customize.

Also, not sure if that's just on my end but this shows up on your homepage before main content (the div thing):

m.png

Also, capitalize titles in meta titles as they don't show up like that:

1690701546375.png

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Timmy, just stopping by to tell you that this is a very, very solid idea and I'm sure you'll grow this into something big if you stay consistent. I love these types of businesses because there's little guesswork here. If you keep producing content and improving it, you'll grow this for sure into a proper business.

Also, the parrot sounds in the background in your live reaction video made me miss Australia. No country in the world has such uniquely loud (and sometimes so annoying lol) bird life.

Hey mate!

Thanks for the kind words, I think it will do really well like you said. I just have to be consistent with it all!
Yeh Australia is pretty awesome, but trust me, that sound will shit you up the wall when it's 7:00 am haha.
  • Use surferseo.com to avoid guesswork and write the most optimized articles possible. It's a bit expensive but if you plan to publish many posts, it'll be worth it.
  • lowfruits.io is a really, really powerful keyword research tool for long tail keywords which would be the easiest for you to rank for now.
  • You use many photos of fighters in your articles. Make sure they come from a legit stock site as there are people who may want to sue you (or UFC may tell you to take these down).
  • Using that many photos but not writing that much content makes it hard to read it. Sometimes there's a photo, one line of text, and another photo. It makes it very easy to miss the text and it makes for a clunky reading experience.
  • Keep your permalinks short and use the same keyword for the permalink as in H1 (the main one you want to target). For example, you have campcombat.com/mmanews/discover-the-greatest-ufc-fighter-of-all-time. If you're targeting "best UFC fighter of all time" then this should be in your permalink. It should be Blog 2 — Camp Combat. By the way, this article shouldn't be under MMA news but somewhere else.
  • Remove the category from your permalinks. No need to have "mmanews" in the URL. Keep your URLs clean and short.
  • Improve your About page. Add more content (your backstory, qualifications, etc.), your picture, and your name. This is one of the signals for Google that you're an authority.
  • Use proper formatting and a structure that makes it easy to read your articles. This article is an example of a bad structure that makes me want to leave right away: Shoulder Injuries in MMA: Preventing Issues and Enhancing Performance — Camp Combat Use headlines, short paragraphs, put important things in bold, use bullet points (you used them here so that's good), add some images.
  • On your newsletter sign-up page (Nutrition and injury prevention ebook — Camp Combat) I wouldn't ask for the last name. It gives you nothing valuable but will lower your opt-in rate.
  • Set up a custom homepage introducing your brand, yourself, and showcasing your best articles. If a user lands on a random archive page as the homepage, it doesn't make for a nice browsing experience and may prompt them to leave.
  • I know that's a lot of work but I would change your theme to a nicer one. This one is very amateur and doesn't look good. I highly recommend Kadence which gives you starter pages that are easy to customize.
I am currently using spyfu.com for seo but I will have a look at the others you have mentioned. That is all really helpful to me and I will have a look at all of those tools now!

I agree about the last name, squarespace just doesn't have an option from what I tell to remove the option, but I am sure there is a work around for it.

I know wordpress is better long term so I have started to learn it, but it is fairly complicated for me and I found squarespace got me going faster. But yeh, it can't stay this way long term.

This all gives me alot of actionable advice on things I can improve straight away.

Also, not sure if that's just on my end but this shows up on your homepage before main content (the div thing):

View attachment 50479

View attachment 50480

Yes I am currently in the process of getting rid of the MMA news section entirely because the plan is to embed my youtube channel into my website as the mma news section instead of content writing around the subject.

The code is for a widget that is migrating all of it over at the moment, and I am aware it is just lines of code at this point in time, but within 24 hours it should be a feed of my youtube content that automatically updates when I post a video.

Thanks for the help again

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm thinking of doing Lives too.

I found this podcast inspiring/helpful:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

• Keep your permalinks short and use the same keyword for the permalink as in H1 (the main one you want to target). For example, you have campcombat.com/mmanews/discover-the-greatest-ufc-fighter-of-all-time. If you're targeting "best UFC fighter of all time" then this should be in your permalink. It should be Blog 2 — Camp Combat. By the way, this article shouldn't be under MMA news but somewhere else.

View attachment 50479

View attachment 50480
Thank you @MTF ... for helping with your expertise here.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
@MTF got me thinking.

I myswell go to wordpress now and save the hassle of doing it later, as I gather it will be more difficult the longer I leave it.
I also noticed their is wordpress ,org or.com is there a difference?
I'll look into how to migrate over and get it all done.

Is the free version of kadence good enough or should I just pay for the business one up front?

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yeh Australia is pretty awesome, but trust me, that sound will shit you up the wall when it's 7:00 am haha.

Lol I know. They drove my girlfriend (who's not an early riser) crazy.

I myswell go to wordpress now and save the hassle of doing it later, as I gather it will be more difficult the longer I leave it.
I also noticed their is wordpress ,org or.com is there a difference?
I'll look into how to migrate over and get it all done.

Wordpress.org is where you download a self-hosted version but any reputable hosting provider will give you the option to install it automatically when you buy hosting with them.

I'd definitely switch to WordPress right away. It'll be way more complicated in the future when you have more content.

Is the free version of kadence good enough or should I just pay for the business one up front?

The free version is good enough for most things. I use the premium one but that's because I wanted more customization.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I currently have my domain set up with porkbun, but I am unsure as to who to use as a host.
Hard to decide as everyone on youtube recommending a host gets a kickback.

Anyone have a host they like, and why?

Last edited:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I currently have my domain set up with porkbun, but I am unsure as to who to use as a host.
Hard to decide as everyone on youtube recommending a host get a kickback.

Anyone have a host they like, and why?
I avoid EIG like the plague, which happens to be 99% of the available hosting options.

My 2 personal favorites (that I'm not affiliated with):

A2 Hosting

Excellent pricing, excellent customer service, simple UI and installation processes, and they have every type of hosting available. In 3 years with them, I've never had a single issue (that wasn't my fault). They're not affiliated with EIG.

This is my current hosting provider, and I have a dedicated server with them.

Inmotion Hosting

See above. I've used this company for ~8 years. Love them. I have a dedicated VPS server with them.

I'm a full stack web developer, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Cheers.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I avoid EIG like the plague, which happens to be 99% of the available hosting options.

My 2 personal favorites (that I'm not affiliated with):

A2 Hosting

Excellent pricing, excellent customer service, simple UI and installation processes, and they have every type of hosting available. In 3 years with them, I've never had a single issue (that wasn't my fault). They're not affiliated with EIG.

This is my current hosting provider, and I have a dedicated server with them.

Inmotion Hosting

See above. I've used this company for ~8 years. Love them. I have a dedicated VPS server with them.

I'm a full stack web developer, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Cheers.

Awesome stuff mate!

I am on this page here: InMotion Hosting, Inc. - Secure Order Process

Now as my site and all of its posts are currently on Squaresapce, what is the best option to select for the ''auto installer''
As i want to make sure my URL stay the same when i transfer over.

Do I need a dedicated IP or not do you think?

Thanks for your help, keep in mind I am not very good with this stuff haha. Not terrible but alot of it is hard to understand but I get the gist of it.

Thanks for your help here!

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Awesome stuff mate!

I am on this page here: InMotion Hosting, Inc. - Secure Order Process

Now as my site and all of its posts are currently on Squaresapce, what is the best option to select for the ''auto installer''
As i want to make sure my URL stay the same when i transfer over.

Do I need a dedicated IP or not do you think?

Thanks for your help, keep in mind I am not very good with this stuff haha. Not terrible but alot of it is hard to understand but I get the gist of it.

Thanks for your help here!
I believe Inmotion offers free migrations. I'd actually contact them first to confirm that because if they do, all you'll have to do is purchase your hosting, and then contact them to migrate your site.

Otherwise, the default purchase/installation for now would be fine. If you end up having to migrate your site by yourself, nowadays it can be done with a plug-in and a 5 minute Google tutorial (even for those with limited tech knowledge).

Cheers.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I believe Inmotion offers free migrations. I'd actually contact them first to confirm that because if they do, all you'll have to do is purchase your hosting, and then contact them to migrate your site.

Otherwise, the default purchase/installation for now would be fine. If you end up having to migrate your site by yourself, nowadays it can be done with a plug-in and a 5 minute Google tutorial (even for those with limited tech knowledge).

Cheers.

I noticed inmotion offers an option for ''shared hosting'' you buy that hosting service then install wordpress on your server.

The other option they have is: WordPress Hosting Cloud Platform | InMotion Hosting
Managed wordpress hosting

It's hard to know which one to go with and why, does it even matter I have no idea. It says the wordpress hosting is in beta.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I noticed inmotion offers an option for ''shared hosting'' you buy that hosting service then install wordpress on your server.

The other option they have is: WordPress Hosting Cloud Platform | InMotion Hosting
Managed wordpress hosting

It's hard to know which one to go with and why, does it even matter I have no idea. It says the wordpress hosting is in beta.
By default, most hosting providers are pre-setup assuming the person/business is going to use WordPress. They do have a few things that are in beta as technology evolves, but their WordPress hosting isn't one of them. "Shared hosting" just means there are multiple (different) websites utilizing the same server.

Specifically select their "WordPress" hosting options, and pick whichever one you want. The plans scale based on the size of what you're doing (e.g. do you need 1-2 websites vs do you need to be able to make unlimited websites?, etc.). You can always increase this later.

So, based on what I'm seeing, their basic package would be fine for you. It includes up to 2 websites, 100GB SSD, free SSL, etc. It's 3.46$/mo., though again, this is based on what I'm seeing for US customers. I can't imagine the differences (if there are any) are major, but I could be wrong. Let me know and we can find an alternative.

Cheers.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
By default, most hosting providers are pre-setup assuming the person/business is going to use WordPress. They do have a few things that are in beta as technology evolves, but their WordPress hosting isn't one of them. "Shared hosting" just means there are multiple (different) websites utilizing the same server.

Specifically select their "WordPress" hosting options, and pick whichever one you want. The plans scale based on the size of what you're doing (e.g. do you need 1-2 websites vs do you need to be able to make unlimited websites?, etc.). You can always increase this later.

So, based on what I'm seeing, their basic package would be fine for you. It includes up to 2 websites, 100GB SSD, free SSL, etc. It's 3.46$/mo., though again, this is based on what I'm seeing for US customers. I can't imagine the differences (if there are any) are major, but I could be wrong. Let me know and we can find an alternative.

Cheers.

Thanks for all your help here, it has helped.

I have just sent off a message to their support team just in regards to the best way to deal with the migration without messing up all of the page links etc then i'll get it set up immediately.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
it doesn't look like i can transfer my urls out of squarespace.

I have google search console with a heap of pages indexed now, I don't know how badly this will negatively effect my website once i move over with whats currently being crawled etc.

Apparently you can do whats called a 301 redirect for it in tag manager?

Last edited:

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
it doesn't look like i can transfer my urls out of squarespace.

I have google search console with a heap of pages indexed now, I don't know how badly this will negatively effect my website once i move over with whats currently being crawled etc.

Apparently you can do whats called a 301 redirect for it in tag manager?
I didn't think that you would be able to do a transfer. People with Wix and other page builders have the same problem. You need to be transferring from WordPress to do it automatically.

It's relatively easy to sort out manually:

1. Set up your new hosting and install WordPress on it. I think you will probably need to move the domain at this point but I'm not sure.
2. Recreate your pages from the old website. I tend to do this in a locally installed WordPress site or a staging site if your host offers it.
3. You can then set the 301 redirect which tells search engines the content has moved permanently.

Having said this, I'm not convinced that it's right for your situation. If your host doesn't require you to install a domain, you can create your website on the new server using WordPress but it wouldn't be visible on the internet. Try to ensure the URLs you use are the same as for the old site. Now transfer the domain to the new host. This is different to migrating a website and simply tells the world that your new site is hosted on ABC host rather than XYX host. It takes about 6 hours to propagate around the web but then people will be hitting the new site.

I would look into this with the hosting company. It's different to a website migration in case that's what you asked them about.

It's better to get onto something like WordPress now before you build a lot of traffic.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I didn't think that you would be able to do a transfer. People with Wix and other page builders have the same problem. You need to be transferring from WordPress to do it automatically.

1. Set up your new hosting and install WordPress on it. I think you will probably need to move the domain at this point but I'm not sure.
2. Recreate your pages from the old website. I tend to do this in a locally installed WordPress site or a staging site if your host offers it.
3. You can then set the 301 redirect which tells search engines the content has moved permanently.

Having said this, I'm not convinced that it's right for your situation. If your host doesn't require you to install a domain, you can create your website on the new server using WordPress but it wouldn't be visible on the internet. Try to ensure the URLs you use are the same as for the old site. Now transfer the domain to the new host. This is different to migrating a website and simply tells the world that your new site is hosted on ABC host rather than XYX host. It takes about 6 hours to propagate around the web but then people will be hitting the new site.

I would look into this with the hosting company. It's different to a website migration in case that's what you asked them about.

It's better to get onto something like WordPress now before you build a lot of traffic.
I would think a rebuild we be the route you would likely have to travel on this one.

Yeh ok gotcha thanks.

Mostly have my head around how to do this now. I just need to figure out how to keep my site active on the other host while the rebuild takes place.

Once the builds done I'll pull the pin on the other host.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am changing over to wordpress right now and the website looks like a dogs breakfast whilst I am trying to figure this out.

Using Kadence at the moment and trying to figure out how to organize the site the way I want.

Taking alot of time, time I wish I wasnt spending doing this to be honest lol.

Bit of a learning curve

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So the website is getting there, and I am happy with how it's turning out so far.
I had a lot of issues but I think it does look a lot cleaner now.

Thanks for the advice, I am still implementing things, but it's a big improvement.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So I think the websites just about done, apart from my email opt in backend.

301 redirected the crap out of it all as well.

Gonna slow right down these next couple of weeks, go a bit slower.

Focus on my health and fitness a bit more.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
@Timmy C great videos. You've got the look, voice, and energy for an MMA podcast for sure.

I'm gonna get ALOT of hate for this video haha. This ones gonna pop. I didn't post that long ago and the views and average view duration are double the usual.

View: https://youtu.be/j2WozPMrod4

Getting hate is the right approach for getting attention with MMA. Look at Colby Covington - apparently he was going to get dropped from the UFC because he was too boring, so he turned himself into a hell and now he's a top ranked fighter.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
@Timmy C great videos. You've got the look, voice, and energy for an MMA podcast for sure.

Getting hate is the right approach for getting attention with MMA. Look at Colby Covington - apparently he was going to get dropped from the UFC because he was too boring, so he turned himself into a hell and now he's a top ranked fighter.
Thanks man!

Yeh Colby Covington is actually a really nice dude. Heaps of footage of him when he's not playing a "character".

I try not to post to many negative things. But going full heel could work for sure haha. Who knows, I might do it.

just having progressively more unhinged content lol.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I made a couple of articles over the last few days: Starting BJJ at 30 - Camp Combat
My writing is improving I think. My process so far is to write all of the posts myself, then I prompt chat GPT about what could be improved etc.

For some articles on my site, I got chat gpt to write them entirely, and they suck. I don't think that's the best way to use such a tool if i am being honest.

I also had a look at @MTF website and saw how he structured his articles and copied the ''table of contents'' style.
I think that's a good idea man, so stolen! haha.

I am not a good writer at all, but I think it's decent enough at the moment, I will get better as I go.

I also had a bunch of already indexed pages pointing to broken links, so I spent today fixing all of those up as best I can.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
It's also a good idea to add frequently asked questions. Yoast SEO plugin has this option. In there, you can answer some common questions that don't require a full article but that some people may be searching for. You can find these questions directly in Google.

For example, for your article on starting BJJ at 30, if you type that in Google, you'll get this below:

b.png

Click on any of these and more similar questions will appear below. For most of my articles I try to answer at least a few such questions if they're related to the article and don't require more than 2-3 sentences to answer.

The new website looks really good. Great work, Timmy.

I'd remove post meta from your website (the author and date under the title). Dates don't make much sense for a blog with evergreen articles and the author name is also unnecessary if you plan to be the only writer.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's also a good idea to add frequently asked questions. Yoast SEO plugin has this option. In there, you can answer some common questions that don't require a full article but that some people may be searching for. You can find these questions directly in Google.

For example, for your article on starting BJJ at 30, if you type that in Google, you'll get this below:

View attachment 50651

Click on any of these and more similar questions will appear below. For most of my articles I try to answer at least a few such questions if they're related to the article and don't require more than 2-3 sentences to answer.

The new website looks really good. Great work, Timmy.

I'd remove post meta from your website (the author and date under the title). Dates don't make much sense for a blog with evergreen articles and the author name is also unnecessary if you plan to be the only writer.

Thanks for the idea on yoast. I have installed the free version and used it to help me with the last couple of posts.

Thanks for the advice on Kadence and moving to WordPress. After having it all done, it's worth it.

Today was the last bit of teeth-pulling fixing up the remaining broken url links. I have just removed the metadata as you suggested now.

Thanks for the extra tips on the FAQs, I will implement that also!

I also installed microsoft clarity on my website to gauge user behavior.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wondering if you need to have the word "Articles" in each menu item?

1691566878834.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.