The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting My First Ever YES (Video Marketing Agency)

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Thanks man I learned a lot of interesting things from your journey. My background is somewhat similar, just that I am still trying to set up the first business foundations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Thanks man I learned a lot of interesting things from your journey. My background is somewhat similar, just that I am still trying to set up the first business foundations.
I'm glad you like it brother! We're on that fastlane grind together!!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update -

So today I went through the process of posting a job on a VA website

Until today, I never knew that people actually will do quality work for 4 dollars an hour.

My goal of posting this job wasn't just to hire a VA, but also to get them to do my SOP's FOR me. In my job description, I told them that in the e-mail they send to me, list out every single step of the process that you do while creating the work (i didn't mention this was for SOP's, I made it so that it's an "entry barrier" that most people on there won't do. The ones that did do it AND sent quality work are the one's i'm giving serious consideration to hiring.)

As soon as these VA's started sending me their work (i told them to edit something I put in a folder), I realized that these people were doing better work than I could do myself AND the were desperate to join my team for such a low cost, it taught me a very valuable lesson.

You don't need to know how to do the services in the business, you just need to have the skill and capital to find and hire people that do know how to do it.. And then all you need to do is focus on selling. I've heard people say this a lot, but never really understood it until I experienced it today.

It's quite amazing.. I've gotten 20 real e-mails with work sent to me today, and it just puts it into perspective. 20 people took 20-30 minutes out of their day to compete for me to give them $240 a month in a job.

Man, I love learning. The only barrier I've ever had in my life when I didn't know what to do (which felt like the end of the world) was knowledge. It sounds cliche, but KNOWLEDGE is everything for me. I didn't know it was possible to hire a video editor for 4 dollars a video until I asked the question to someone who KNEW it.

Stay tuned.. :)
This is super interesting. I have soo much content and ideas for videos. And it would be handy to have good video editors to create videos for clients. I was considering finding a good video editor and had no idea they could be so affordable.

Maybe some of the folks he found in this video might help?
View: https://youtu.be/eXAsCKSJir8

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've a 90 minute video that I'd like to extract sections out of. I tried Camtasia on my laptop and it ground to a halt. Curious what software you'd recommend @mikecarlucci.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I've a 90 minute video that I'd like to extract sections out of. I tried Camtasia on my laptop and it ground to a halt. Curious what software you'd recommend @mikecarlucci.
I use Adobe premiere pro!

You can just drag the long clip in and it’s so easy to use the blade tool to cut clips from start to finish and delete all of the clips you don’t need

Even better, with premiere pro , if you want to put subtitles on your video it can automatically transcribe all of your captions for you and you can put them in whatever font and size you want , all at once. You may need to change a few of them, but it saves a ton of time and it looks great!

Aside from that, I’ve heard of people using an app called capcut that seems to work well

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Awesome progress thread. Just read through it all. Really inspiring.

I'm recently looking to upgrade the video quality but have felt overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. This is what my checklist looks like:

View attachment 43992

Thanks for giving me the perspective. My limiting belief really held me back. I thought I must do everything myself first so that I can document the process and outsource later, but making other people do the SOP for me is freaking genius.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for reading diego I also read your thread!!

Let me know what happens when you look into outsourcing VA - i think it will save you a lot of time in your case!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Why would it matter to me what your costs were or how you produced my results?
Interesting insight.. thanks for bringing it up. That’s something I’ve not thought of.

Maybe I should change it to - the VA’s weren’t producing good results and clients didn’t like it!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
**PROCESS UPDATE**

This is more of a mindset post. I've been in complete producer mode the past month, its been some of the happiest days of my entire life.

For the first time, I feel like if I lost everything I could start over and be successful.

For a long time, it wasn't like that. I was extremely scared of what the hell I was going to do with my life after high school.. I would always put on a confident act to make it seem like I had my sh*t together... but in reality, I was all over the place.

Every time someone would ask me "So, what are you going to do with your life?", I'd get extremely insecure about it and every time I'd say "entrepreneur" people would look at me like "ooo...kay this kid is a nut job and probably has no future"

The reason I felt insecure about it is because I had no knowledge and I knew deep down that I hadn't taken any action, and I didn't know how.. THAT was my deepest insecurity. The fact that I was uneducated on the very thing that I wanted to be my entire life.

Now when someone asks me what I want to do I look them in the eye and tell them I identify as a motherf**king entrepreneur. I say it with confidence. throw me on the side of the road with a dollar and I'll figure out how to provide value and do it.

If you're someone who doesn't yet have that confidence yet, don't worry. It's just a lack of education and a lack of action that is making you feel that way. Every single time I get stressed out about a particular thing relating to business, I now understand that it's just a sign I need to pick up a book relating to it and learn something new.

For example, one of my biggest stressors used to be time management. I had no idea how to do it until I started reading and found out in a book called The Ultimate Sales Machine that time management is as simple as writing down the 6 most important things you need to do, limiting distractions, getting the most important stuff down in the morning, and estimating the amount of time each task is going to take.

Now with that knowledge and having taken action on it, I have mental clarity. Stress is just a sign that you need to learn something new..

I want to learn to advertising. My first thought was fear and stress. That was until I reminded myself there's about 17+ amazing books on advertising that have actionable things you can do.

-

The past few months for me have made me completely forget about the normal way of living - the way I've been told to live by family, teachers, and guidance counselors in school.

I now have a solidified belief that holding a job is even more risky than entrepreneurship. For years while I was in high school everyone would constantly be telling me to get a job and it was an absolutely miserable time in my life even though I was making good money reselling things online.

They would say "All you do is sit at your computer, eat, and go to the gym, when are you gonna get up off your a$$ and get a job?"

Nowadays this doesn't affect me. I now live by the following: If I have something someone wants, it will pay 100X better than working a desk job at the gym. Not just in money, but in time and knowledge. Finding that thing, finding customers/clients, and putting that into action is a much better use of time, even if it fails, than spending 12 hours a day twiddling my thumbs on Instagram behind a desk.

For some reason, for us young people, our parents and people around us see getting a job as a more productive thing than offering value to the world. When we say we do something else, we are labeled a loser. It makes no sense!

The other day I was with one of my slowlane mentality family members, I looked at the sky and said "did you know some stars are bigger than the sun?" They were like "WOW OMG REALLY.. YOU'RE SO SMART LOOK AT YOU!!"

But then when they ask me what I want to do with my life and I explain an entire opposite way of thinking to them and the Fastlane cents commandments like the back of my hand, there's no excitement. Instead they look at me like a lost kid and go behind my back and chit chat about how they're worried for my future.

But now it doesn't matter anymore - all that matters is my results. I've taught myself to completely blockade all of those comments and instead understand the reality of the world: Money is an exchange of value between two parties and if you have something someone wants and deliver on it, they will give you money for it.

That's all for now, had a urge to put this message out there.

Thanks for reading

Mike
Brilliant. When you KNOW you can eat what you kill you suddenly look at the world differently. It's an instant mindset switch, often accompanied by confidence and peace. Well done Mike.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Brilliant. When you KNOW you can eat what you kill you suddenly look at the world differently. It's an instant mindset switch, often accompanied by confidence and peace. Well done Mike.
Yes!!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

JustMorpheus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 18, 2021

Sitting in my dark room with things all over the place, I scrolled through YouTube. Video after video, trying to figure out exactly how to make a my "own business" by constantly watching videos about how Warren Buffett made 100 gazillion dollars and I would walk around talking about how I had "3 businesses I wanted to start." None of which ever happened.

All of the content I was consuming was from people who weren't giving actual advice on how to start a business, but just saying "work hard" and "do what you love" and it got so hard in my head trying to figure out what to do that I had panic attacks and constant anxiety thinking about how the hell to start a business!

I made my fair share of money in sports cards, ebay, amazon, and crypto currency, but every single time I'd see someone making a REAL business that was my age, I would envy them. Because for a long time my life was sitting in my room constantly refreshing ebay prices to see if the prices of my basketball cards were going up in price. I would scroll on social media ALL day and see these kids my age making all this money.
ff
"How... HOW ARE THEY DOING IT?" "WHAT IS THE SECRET? I'LL DO ANYTHING.. HOW DO I START??"

My heart would be racing, I wouldn't be able to socialize with people, I had so many limiting beliefs, because every second of the day was about trying to figure out how a business is ran by teaching myself by telling myself thoughts in my own mind, but doing this would just lead to more stress.

But still, there was only one influencer that I would listen to (garyvee) and everyone that was NOT garyvee I considered a scammer. I didn't read any books, didn't even take into account that there were people OUT THERE giving ACTUAL business advice (If I had found MJ 3 years ago, my life today at 19 would be significantly different)

For a while, I gave up. My literal reasoning for why was "maybe they have some kind of wiring in their brain that I don't". or "I guess I'm just not a natural entrepreneur like gary vee said and I didn't want to accept it this whole time"

I started trying meditation, trying to live a "media-less" life, getting into spirituality, as a way to get out of the constant anxiety I was in trying to figure out how to start my 3 businesses. I had quit trying to make content on the internet for a long time after spending literally whole days trying to think of videos to make for each platform.

Then, in January of 2022 (yes, I had a "new years resolution" to figure this out for real) I quit watching gary vee, I quit watching all the stuff that clearly wasn't moving me forward for the past two years except for some luck with basketball cards and crypto currency. I had tens of thousands of dollars as an 18/19 year old, but no idea what to do from that point on because all the money I had made came so easy in market booms.

For the first time, I ripped ADHD self apart and picked up a book for the first time. Next thing you know... I was READING FOR 5 HOURS. Holy crap. This was a book about nutrition, what if I read books about business? Could I find the answer?

While listening to a podcast, I did. someone mentioned Unscripted , and I read the entire book, and was completely fascinated by it, but still didn't understand HOW business worked. I didn't know that. But I was SO Excited.. I felt such a sigh of relief, feeling like I had cracked the code. For the first time I got myself to schedule a session for "deep work" after reading deep work by cal newport, and I made a promise to myself that every single morning, before the gym, before eating, I would go and get into a state of depth for work even if I had no idea what to do.

Overnight, my life went from an absolute mess, to having a planned out daily schedule for the first time in my life

Wake Up->Meditate->Cold Shower->Deep Work With No Phone->Make TikToks->Gym->Read->Deep Work->Brazilian Jiu Jitsu->Sleep->Repeat

My "deep work" was writing self improvement books and setting up a kajabi website to sell some kind of product (I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I still got it set up.) After a week, I had my kajabi website set up and I was reading Russell Brunson's DotCom secrets. I didn't really take what Russell was saying to heart at the time, because I still viewed him as a "scammer". (Looking back now though, that book is one of the best books I've ever read.)

After staying consistent, I put together one of the worst products someone could ever create. (a book that had no plan behind it and took me 5 days to write) and put it out there and sold 10 copies because my audience was growing well because I understand TikTok very well and started growing my following for self improvement.)

Even though the product was awful, I had never felt more accomplished in my life. I felt like I was actually "DOING BUSINESS". Was 99% of what I was doing action fakes? Yes. But it didn't feel like it at all.

After realizing that it wasn't working, I tried something else. I was still so excited that someone would even BUY my book in the first place, so I decided to make MORE products. I tried to add coaching programs, tried to sell 1-1 consultations on fiverr, I planned to make a fitness course, I put all of these products out into the world and just went on social media and told people "Buy this", but no one did.

I was proud of myself for taking action, but very frustrated because I didn't know why the hell I wasn't rich yet?

I decided to forget about it, and for a few months I just decided to read more books because that's where I got my first bit of information from. I read TMF , The Great Rat Race Escape , Influence, ALL of these different books which finally started to give me the answers to HOW to do business.. I had one part of it down..

Value. Okay. I need to give Value.. But what else, How do I give Value?

I found another book that I had been putting off for a long time because I again perceived the author a scammer. His name is Alex Hormozi. One day, I got my head out of my a$$ and I read his book $100M offers, all of it in one day.

"Holy Shit" I thought to myself "This is it. This is all I need to do. This is the secret If I just could have known this whole time I would've understood business!"

Step 1. What product are you going to sell Step 2. Who are you going to sell it to Step 3. How are you going to get them to see it Step 4. Make an offer so good that they can't refuse it.

And then to top it off, I read a post by @Andy Black that was talking about how you don't NEED a website. You don't NEED any of this stuff you think you need. All you need is SALES. Earned traffic, paid traffic, manual outbound, reaching out to PEOPLE. Talking to PEOPLE and showing them MY OFFER. and if they TRUST ME, because they've SEEN ME BEFORE, and they also NEED my product, they will give me money!

"Duh Stupid! This is what you've been trying to find out for the past 2 years and you just found it out within a couple hours!" I thought to myself.

So that's what I did. But what am I good at? What value can I give people? I know how to make tiktoks... I know how to workout... But do people really need this?

In order to get myself to believe what all of these people were saying, I would need to see it work. I would need someone to say yes to my offer..

I decided to call a business owner that didn't KNOW me, but was aware of me to make him an offer on TikTok marketing.

This business owner was a motivated buyer for what I had. He said to me "I want my own personal brand on TikTok, how do I do it??" So we got on a sales call, and I was soso nervous. My first sales call... Ok what do I know.. I had studies Alex Hormozi's CLOSER framework like the back of my hand.. So I decided to go with that.

But the price... What was I going to charge?! This guys my first customer.. He doesn't even know it.. Do I charge $500?? No. $3000 for 2 months of marketing. Alex always says if there's one thing you should do, charge a lot of money. That was what I was going to say..

And so I did.

Guess what happened

"Okay I'll pay the 3 grand just send me a proposal"

"HOLY F**K. WHAT THE F**K?" I thought to myself.

And now here I am today, typing this. Looking for new prospects doing the same thing. Excited as hell for the future.

Am I rich yet? No. But I feel like I know how to be now, and the outcome of ALL of this was mental clarity, something I have been seeking for years.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story,

Thanks for reading!
BIG WIN! WOOOWOOOOO!!!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Keep talking to people, but trying to help instead of trying to sell?

Have you watched/listened to "Who have you helped?" in my signature?
I have not surprisingly…

I’ll let you know my learnings!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Curious why you're cold calling and not creating videos to get clients.

No reason. Your message inspired me to get a 100 square foot studio space and turn it into an office and video filming studio that I work in and rent out to others for a fee

Thanks for the push!

Mike Thiel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Mar 15, 2021
Europe
What I learned this month..

I've learned a lot the past month and I think some people may find it valuable

1. Undersell and Over-Deliver

One thing I didn't mention in my previous update was that I completely switched my entire business model around.

I went from selling videos as bundles now to an unlimited model where clients can make as many requests as they would like.

Why? Because I started to feel like I was giving people massive expectations that was a gamble to be able to fulfill.

That uneasy feeling just wasn't something I was willing to keep going on with..

I got into business because I want people to go "Damn! This is AWESOME stuff!". The core beliefs of my business that we're trying to spread is against social media censorship and spreading "Positive Polarization Against The Norm".

While I was over selling and under delivering, I just couldn't get excited about it.

This new model has reshaped my confidence about this business I'm in, and I'm currently loving it because I am unbelievable confident in what my company can deliver and help people with.

2. Anti-Selling

The above has lead me to be more careful in what I say I can do in my business.

Before-hand, when someone asked me "can you do this this this and this?" even if it was not listed in my offer, I would say yes yes yes and yes.. knowing I was just causing problems and frustration for myself.

If someone asks me if my company does long videos, I now stay true to my word and say.. "NO. We would recommend going to another company if you need long videos. For the time being, we specialize in short videos."

I will even go as far as to recommend competitors that offer what my prospect is asking for.

PS: doing this has helped build a LOT of trust.

3. Helping Others

From cold emails, to asking random people if they know anyone who needs my services, and all of this other stuff that did nothing but make most people uncomfortable, the best marketing I've done so far is helping others in communities.

Not just because of the inbound leads coming in.

But also because, the amount of intellectual property I have now that I've been writing a lot.. Is EVERGREEN. These articles and posts can be used to answer questions in a ton of communities without me having to constantly write them over and over again, and as long as those communities are alive on the internet (such as this forum), people will see them for years to come.

(as you guys know I love mass distribution. That includes the mass distribution of every single blog post I make on this forum! the more places I can put them.. the better in my opinion)

Having someone come as an inbound lead, wanting my help because something I posted on a forum helped them, is the best feeling ever. Instead of feeling like an intruder, I feel like I'm providing value in someones like that they actually need!

4. Getting on the phone instead of building funnels/websites constantly

The amount of time I've wasted and the frustration I've had because of trying to correct every detail on my website or trying to make sure my "funnel is optimized" is laughable.

All people want is to talk to someone.

"Hey, do you need video editing?"
"Yes"
"Ok. Click here to talk to someone"

While all the "download this and that" may have it's place and I use it for my email list, I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for someone to just talk to someone instead of having 2 weeks of emails sent to them and blah blah blah whatever all the marketing gurus do.

5. Having fun with branding

Question. Do you like the matrix?

The movie.

I LOVE that movie.

So what did I start doing? Call myself the Morpheus of social media and using the matrix in my branding.

Taking this approach has given me personally a certain "vibe" to my business that I love and other matrix fans will also love.

Instead of just telling someone "We do video editing", which isn't that memorable, I say "We show you how to escape the social media frustration matrix" and then it's a photo of Morpheus holding the red pill and blue pill (man Im a geek on this stuff lol i love it)

Tell me which one's more memorable (it's the latter)

And the truth is, a lot of people may think it's immature.. My thinking is that if you're too serious and can't enjoy the fun of "red pill vs blue pill", you'll probably be a hassle to work with!

I use this type of theme branding now because I view it as a filter for awesome clients and clients who don't like fun. lol

That's some of my learnings recently!

Mike
Followed the whole thread and I think you're doing an amazing job!

I am into Dropshipping, but until now it's been a roller coaster for me...

From what I understood - you are focused on diff funnels to get prospects:

1)grabbing a video in Loom with an explanation of what the customer could be doing better.
My Q: Where do you send that video? Do you also try to send to the company's general email ( high chance it will land in the trash )? Or do you only contact the company's owner ( via email ) or DM them via IG or TikTok?
How do you see the effectiveness of this funnel, and also the response from the leads as they are the ones you have found?

2)Cold emails, ( leads from Upwork or another freelance platform) -> sending people to a landing page with an offer.

3)Cold calls ( same as above, leads from Upwork or another freelance platform).
My Q: do you schedule Zoom meetings with the folks from cold calls to talk more about the service or try to close the deal on call?

Have I missed some other funnel?

Loved your editing skills, especially with that video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/psfMLZ9uQNQ
- do you take stock footage from some pages or directly from TikTok?

Cheers!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Mike!

I've actually grown to not use any of the above anymore.

They were just small snippets of times when I was super confused about how to get more clients, and I also hated going and intruding on someone else's attention through a cold call or email trying to get them to buy something.

It has been a MUCH better strategy so far to create value and then distribute all of that value, such as articles on this forum (I can't say I've done too much distribution of articles yet, but for the little I have it's working!)

The thing I love about the current strategy to get inbound leads is that people are already warmed up. They already know who I am, they are coming to ME because something I said on the forum was valuable.. Therefore they proceeded to click the links in my account and see that I offer unlimited video editing.

If this is something they need, they will automatically think of me first whenever they're thinking they need video editing.

So instead of building cold calling skills or cold email skills, I'm actually taking a different approach.

I've declared that I need to be unbelievable knowledgeable, I need to be extremely entertaining, and I need to publicize myself as much as possible through short videos, articles, podcast appearances, etc.

-

In terms of editing, all of those motion graphics are from motion array.

-mike
Are you using LinkedIn and Twitter Mike?

I upload short videos to TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and my Facebook page (I've yet to figure out IG/FB Reels).

I also just started posting updates to LinkedIn, Twitter, and my Facebook page about how the videos are doing.

e.g.

2022-09-28_13-39-50.png

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Are you using LinkedIn and Twitter Mike?

I upload short videos to TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and my Facebook page (I've yet to figure out IG/FB Reels).

I also just started posting updates to LinkedIn, Twitter, and my Facebook page about how the videos are doing.

e.g.

View attachment 45304
I've barely started using LinkedIn and I haven't used twitter - are you seeing reach on LinkedIn?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've barely started using LinkedIn and I haven't used twitter - are you seeing reach on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn and Twitter are different from TikTok and YouTube. The size of your audience really matters for your reach. Good content can reach more than your 1st degree connections of course.

Business owners are on LinkedIn and you provide a service to businesses. Why not get on there and leverage the content you're already posting everywhere else?

A few connections/followers on LinkedIn might be worth more to your business than the same number on TikTok.

The likes of Vigilante from this forum sometimes Likes a post of mine on LinkedIn or Facebook. Chances are he's not on TikTok right?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
LinkedIn and Twitter are different from TikTok and YouTube. The size of your audience really matters for your reach. Good content can reach more than your 1st degree connections of course.

Business owners are on LinkedIn and you provide a service to businesses. Why not get on there and leverage the content you're already posting everywhere else?

A few connections/followers on LinkedIn might be worth more to your business than the same number on TikTok.

The likes of Vigilante from this forum sometimes Likes a post of mine on LinkedIn or Facebook. Chances are he's not on TikTok right?
Wow I didn't know you do so well on LinkedIn 11,000 connections I see!

I know you're always looking for new ideas for posts, what if you made a thread about LinkedIn growth?

And sounds awesome.. I will begin taking LinkedIn more seriously. Wonder if there's some good groups/communities to join there

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A PM literally just now on LinkedIn:

Screenshot_20220928-163945_LinkedIn.jpg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Stop bouncing around" is good advice.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hey @IceCreamKid , sent a DM but not sure if you look at them.

I'm in a different business now but we're on our way to $10k / month, like nearly there.

Is your offer to talk about systems still on the table?

Thank you

Congrats on the growth Looch!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update -

Recently I've been testing a new strategy for manual outbound.

Most people that send e-mails will spend about 5 seconds looking at a lead's profile and send an email instantly... not surprising they get no response

Not only have I been focusing on making my outbound emails extremely personalized (meaning I actually spend TIME looking at what these leads are doing, what they may want, how to communicate with them, ETC), but also for every outbound lead I am using a screen recording service called LOOM.

Here's exactly what I've been doing:

With Loom, it's super easy to just click a button, your face is shown in the video along with your screen.

1. Before anything, open a new browser window with tabs open ONLY relating to the lead. So for example I sell social media services, therefore I will have every single platform that the lead in my niche has open. If they have a tiktok, I'll have that open. Same with youtube, instagram, etc.

2. Next I'll click record. The challenging part about this that I've noticed is that when you do this, this is when sales skills need to be developed. The first video I sent was absolutely horrible not going to lie, there's NO WAY I'm going to hear from that lead lol.. But as I keep sending these videos, I can see myself getting more persuasive and really showing the belief in my product and making it truly all about the person i'm sending the e-mail to. I've noticed that the tonality you use and the confidence you show in your voice makes a big difference

3. In the video, I'll show them not what they are doing WRONG.. because I don't want clients that are FEARFUL. I show them what they are doing a decent job at but could be doing better. The goal is to tell them all of the secrets. Tell them EVERYTHING that they can be doing that I know.. But deep down I know that people don't have the time to do everything I will be telling them to do (therefore I am the solution)

4. I will show an example of my work that relates directly to what they do so they can see exactly how this can help them.

5. I give them a call to action, so if they're interested they can message me back and we can hop on a "discovery (sales) call" where I will essentially "coach" them and give away even more of my "secrets".

These videos are also great because just like how I hear some people talk about recording sales calls and listening to them afterwards to make positive improvements, you can do the same thing with these videos and ultimately get better.

I just started doing this method, so I am not nearly at the level of skill and persuasion i'd like to be at yet, but it's a process!

The goal is to do 100 of these every single day. Yep.. 100 Reachouts a day.

Having this large goal (which I haven't been able to reach just yet) had me searching for ways to get leads.

So what did I do? Go to YouTube of course.

I came up with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, I got the 60 day free trial, and it's AMAZING!

With sales navigator you can literally niche down so much.. like if I only want to work with companies in new jersey (that's where I'm from) that I KNOW have the budget for my services, I can literally target for example: Construction companies in new jersey that do 500k/year-10million/year and it will show ALL of the companies related to that.. I don't sell to construction companies, but you get the point.

Not only can you see the companies, you can see WHO owns the company! A lot of founders won't put their contact info in.. so I just use another service called leadleaper and you can literally download it as a chrome extension, and when you visit someone's profile on linkedin sales navigator, theres like a 70% chance that it will find the e-mail for that person. It will also tell you how valid that e-mail is and everything.. And that's how I find my leads currently! Obviously, looking into more ways.

One more thing (things keep popping up that I want to talk about lol) - I think I am moving towards working with businesses only in my area (there is more than enough business here) just for now until things get really big. This is because in the beginning at the moment, all i'm trying to do is over deliver and get my clients the best results possible. One of the ways I decided I'd beat my competition (for now) is by literally going to the client, and filming and directing (and scripting videos) FOR them once a month. Obviously if a strategy like this works the way I think it will, I will need to hire people to go and film rather than doing it myself.

I noticed that my original offer simply was not good enough, so I had to act, assess and adjust! After adding a couple things, I now feel MUCH more confident in my offer, which means it will be easier for me to sell. Confidence in product + real value = sales.

The growth in knowledge has been awesome through this process. I think me from 6 months ago is a complete idiot and i'm sure In another 6 months I'll think that me right now is an idiot as well... just gotta keep learning and growing..!

Act...assess...adjust...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.