The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting My First Ever YES (Video Marketing Agency)

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I had the same challenge recently, but I think it's just about stepping back and asking yourself, "What can I offer that would make someone happy? What do I have or can get that would make someone happy?" And sometimes ideas just flow. Else, you could just ask yourself, "What can I offer at all?" and get it in front of the people who would most benefit from it.
That's great advice, thank you! I have 2 ideas from that already

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Dude, your story is uber-inspring and the growth is phenomenal! I'm super proud of you lol! What mattered was correcting the heart and aligning it with your work and once that's done, well, things tend to fall into place. Regardless, here's to going further beyond!
Thanks Edgar! just blessed to finally be on a path that feels like it's going somewhere

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Congrats, I'm really happy for you and amazed how far you came. Im stuck at the stage of knowing what the hell to even do.

Tiktok marketing, so you're creating him content for tiktok?
Hey Liam, I recommend reading some of @Andy Black 's posts. He makes business so damn simple that you can't not know what to do after reading his posts.

I position my new company as a media agency. We create short videos that help businesses (in a specific niche) get thousands of eyeballs. So that doesn't just mean tiktok. It means any platform that allows short video posting. Tiktok,instagram reels,youtube shorts, whatever other platform comes after that

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We create short videos that help businesses (in a specific niche) get thousands of eyeballs.
That’s pretty clear.

I notice a few people in their progress threads struggling to find consistent/competent video editors. Do you want to change your thread title to get more of their eyeballs?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I recommend reading some of @Andy Black 's posts. He makes business so damn simple that you can't not know what to do after reading his posts.
Thank you for this.

I was starting to wonder if I was oversimplifying it and repeating myself.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
That’s pretty clear.

I notice a few people in their progress threads struggling to find consistent/competent video editors. Do you want to change your thread title to get more of their eyeballs?
That'd actually be great thanks! I think i'll keep the title I have currently but then put "(Video Marketing Agency)" at the end

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update -

So today I went through the process of posting a job on a VA website

Until today, I never knew that people actually will do quality work for 4 dollars an hour.

My goal of posting this job wasn't just to hire a VA, but also to get them to do my SOP's FOR me. In my job description, I told them that in the e-mail they send to me, list out every single step of the process that you do while creating the work (i didn't mention this was for SOP's, I made it so that it's an "entry barrier" that most people on there won't do. The ones that did do it AND sent quality work are the one's i'm giving serious consideration to hiring.)

As soon as these VA's started sending me their work (i told them to edit something I put in a folder), I realized that these people were doing better work than I could do myself AND the were desperate to join my team for such a low cost, it taught me a very valuable lesson.

You don't need to know how to do the services in the business, you just need to have the skill and capital to find and hire people that do know how to do it.. And then all you need to do is focus on selling. I've heard people say this a lot, but never really understood it until I experienced it today.

It's quite amazing.. I've gotten 20 real e-mails with work sent to me today, and it just puts it into perspective. 20 people took 20-30 minutes out of their day to compete for me to give them $240 a month in a job.

Man, I love learning. The only barrier I've ever had in my life when I didn't know what to do (which felt like the end of the world) was knowledge. It sounds cliche, but KNOWLEDGE is everything for me. I didn't know it was possible to hire a video editor for 4 dollars a video until I asked the question to someone who KNEW it.

Stay tuned.. :)

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Thanks man I learned a lot of interesting things from your journey. My background is somewhat similar, just that I am still trying to set up the first business foundations.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Thanks man I learned a lot of interesting things from your journey. My background is somewhat similar, just that I am still trying to set up the first business foundations.
I'm glad you like it brother! We're on that fastlane grind together!!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
So - today I came across a website called stickk.com which is something where you basically bet on yourself or else the money goes towards something you dislike.

I decided to put up a decent amount of money for the month - if I don't make 7,000 dollars by July 14 $200 will be donated to the biden administration. LOL..

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update -

Until today, I never knew that people actually will do quality work for 4 dollars an hour.

My goal of posting this job wasn't just to hire a VA, but also to get them to do my SOP's FOR me. In my job description, I told them that in the e-mail they send to me, list out every single step of the process that you do while creating the work (i didn't mention this was for SOP's, I made it so that it's an "entry barrier" that most people on there won't do. The ones that did do it AND sent quality work are the one's i'm giving serious consideration to hiring.)

As soon as these VA's started sending me their work (i told them to edit something I put in a folder), I realized that these people were doing better work than I could do myself AND the were desperate to join my team for such a low cost, it taught me a very valuable lesson.

You don't need to know how to do the services in the business, you just need to have the skill and capital to find and hire people that do know how to do it.. And then all you need to do is focus on selling. I've heard people say this a lot, but never really understood it until I experienced it today.

It's quite amazing.. I've gotten 20 real e-mails with work sent to me today, and it just puts it into perspective. 20 people took 20-30 minutes out of their day to compete for me to give them $240 a month in a job.

Man, I love learning. The only barrier I've ever had in my life when I didn't know what to do (which felt like the end of the world) was knowledge. It sounds cliche, but KNOWLEDGE is everything for me. I didn't know it was possible to hire a video editor for 4 dollars a video until I asked the question to someone who KNEW it.

Stay tuned.. :)
This is super interesting. I have soo much content and ideas for videos. And it would be handy to have good video editors to create videos for clients. I was considering finding a good video editor and had no idea they could be so affordable.

Maybe some of the folks he found in this video might help?
View: https://youtu.be/eXAsCKSJir8

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
This is super interesting. I have soo much content and ideas for videos. And it would be handy to have good video editors to create videos for clients. I was considering finding a good video editor and had no idea they could be so affordable.
I know, right! it's amazing. All i did was make a job, post a link to an example file, tell them to edit it, told them how much they'd be paid, and that they'd be e-mailed if they did all of the steps correctly and their edit was the best.

Even though the english isn't all that amazing on some of the videos they edit (in terms of subtitles) and they need to be revised, it is so so worth it - they don't just edit from what i've seen, but they're actually willing to go back and fix mistakes

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've a 90 minute video that I'd like to extract sections out of. I tried Camtasia on my laptop and it ground to a halt. Curious what software you'd recommend @mikecarlucci.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I've a 90 minute video that I'd like to extract sections out of. I tried Camtasia on my laptop and it ground to a halt. Curious what software you'd recommend @mikecarlucci.
I use Adobe premiere pro!

You can just drag the long clip in and it’s so easy to use the blade tool to cut clips from start to finish and delete all of the clips you don’t need

Even better, with premiere pro , if you want to put subtitles on your video it can automatically transcribe all of your captions for you and you can put them in whatever font and size you want , all at once. You may need to change a few of them, but it saves a ton of time and it looks great!

Aside from that, I’ve heard of people using an app called capcut that seems to work well

Diego Liu

Don't worry, NOBODY CARES
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Apr 23, 2020
Taiwan
Awesome progress thread. Just read through it all. Really inspiring.

I'm recently looking to upgrade the video quality but have felt overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. This is what my checklist looks like:

IMG_6115.jpg

Update -

Thanks for giving me the perspective. My limiting belief really held me back. I thought I must do everything myself first so that I can document the process and outsource later, but making other people do the SOP for me is freaking genius.

Keep up the great work!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
making other people do the SOP for me is freaking genius.
Yes. Hire people who’ll create the SOPs as well as do the work.

People, processes, technology. In that order. The right people will create the processes for less experienced people. Even better if they create the technology to help implement those processes.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Awesome progress thread. Just read through it all. Really inspiring.

I'm recently looking to upgrade the video quality but have felt overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. This is what my checklist looks like:

View attachment 43992

Thanks for giving me the perspective. My limiting belief really held me back. I thought I must do everything myself first so that I can document the process and outsource later, but making other people do the SOP for me is freaking genius.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for reading diego I also read your thread!!

Let me know what happens when you look into outsourcing VA - i think it will save you a lot of time in your case!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update -

Recently I've been testing a new strategy for manual outbound.

Most people that send e-mails will spend about 5 seconds looking at a lead's profile and send an email instantly... not surprising they get no response

Not only have I been focusing on making my outbound emails extremely personalized (meaning I actually spend TIME looking at what these leads are doing, what they may want, how to communicate with them, ETC), but also for every outbound lead I am using a screen recording service called LOOM.

Here's exactly what I've been doing:

With Loom, it's super easy to just click a button, your face is shown in the video along with your screen.

1. Before anything, open a new browser window with tabs open ONLY relating to the lead. So for example I sell social media services, therefore I will have every single platform that the lead in my niche has open. If they have a tiktok, I'll have that open. Same with youtube, instagram, etc.

2. Next I'll click record. The challenging part about this that I've noticed is that when you do this, this is when sales skills need to be developed. The first video I sent was absolutely horrible not going to lie, there's NO WAY I'm going to hear from that lead lol.. But as I keep sending these videos, I can see myself getting more persuasive and really showing the belief in my product and making it truly all about the person i'm sending the e-mail to. I've noticed that the tonality you use and the confidence you show in your voice makes a big difference

3. In the video, I'll show them not what they are doing WRONG.. because I don't want clients that are FEARFUL. I show them what they are doing a decent job at but could be doing better. The goal is to tell them all of the secrets. Tell them EVERYTHING that they can be doing that I know.. But deep down I know that people don't have the time to do everything I will be telling them to do (therefore I am the solution)

4. I will show an example of my work that relates directly to what they do so they can see exactly how this can help them.

5. I give them a call to action, so if they're interested they can message me back and we can hop on a "discovery (sales) call" where I will essentially "coach" them and give away even more of my "secrets".

These videos are also great because just like how I hear some people talk about recording sales calls and listening to them afterwards to make positive improvements, you can do the same thing with these videos and ultimately get better.

I just started doing this method, so I am not nearly at the level of skill and persuasion i'd like to be at yet, but it's a process!

The goal is to do 100 of these every single day. Yep.. 100 Reachouts a day.

Having this large goal (which I haven't been able to reach just yet) had me searching for ways to get leads.

So what did I do? Go to YouTube of course.

I came up with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, I got the 60 day free trial, and it's AMAZING!

With sales navigator you can literally niche down so much.. like if I only want to work with companies in new jersey (that's where I'm from) that I KNOW have the budget for my services, I can literally target for example: Construction companies in new jersey that do 500k/year-10million/year and it will show ALL of the companies related to that.. I don't sell to construction companies, but you get the point.

Not only can you see the companies, you can see WHO owns the company! A lot of founders won't put their contact info in.. so I just use another service called leadleaper and you can literally download it as a chrome extension, and when you visit someone's profile on linkedin sales navigator, theres like a 70% chance that it will find the e-mail for that person. It will also tell you how valid that e-mail is and everything.. And that's how I find my leads currently! Obviously, looking into more ways.

One more thing (things keep popping up that I want to talk about lol) - I think I am moving towards working with businesses only in my area (there is more than enough business here) just for now until things get really big. This is because in the beginning at the moment, all i'm trying to do is over deliver and get my clients the best results possible. One of the ways I decided I'd beat my competition (for now) is by literally going to the client, and filming and directing (and scripting videos) FOR them once a month. Obviously if a strategy like this works the way I think it will, I will need to hire people to go and film rather than doing it myself.

I noticed that my original offer simply was not good enough, so I had to act, assess and adjust! After adding a couple things, I now feel MUCH more confident in my offer, which means it will be easier for me to sell. Confidence in product + real value = sales.

The growth in knowledge has been awesome through this process. I think me from 6 months ago is a complete idiot and i'm sure In another 6 months I'll think that me right now is an idiot as well... just gotta keep learning and growing..!

Act...assess...adjust...

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update -

Remember how I said I was using Virtual Assistants to fulfill my services?

Not anymore.

I realized how horrible of a product I would be putting out if I kept doing this.

So instead, I decided to make my product amazing.. by taking the services side of the business back onto myself. I realized that the videos that I produce are 100X better than the ones the VA produce even though a couple weeks ago I said the opposite. The videos I can create are actually something that is much harder to replicate.

Think about it, if you were a customer of mine and you found out that I was paying people in the Philippines $4 a video for your services, would you want to continue working with me? Hell to the no.. right?

The good part about this change is, I actually now use the fact that I DON'T use VA's and that our videos are created by people (just me at the moment) who know the ins and outs of what's going on in these videos and how to really create a piece of art for social media, an ad, or any other creative platform as a SELLING point to get new clients.

I'm not going to lie, when I was hiring VA's to do this half a$$ work for me it didn't feel right deep down. Even though I've just taken on a whole load of work for myself right now (one video takes 40-80 minutes to make), I know it will be worth it. I know that if I kept using VA's my business would probably go no where. For a VA, the videos seemed like they were taking 2 minutes for them to generate, it was like nothing.

When I decide to hire someone (probably ASAP), it will be someone real. someone who understands what they're doing, why this goes there, why a video gets created a specific way, etc. I've gotten a vision recently of wanting to be a REAL media company that thrives, and I know that to do that, I can't be half-assing things like that.

Thanks for reading guys!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
UPDATE -

Time for an update on what I've been doing..

I got another client onboard (my 3rd currently) and there's a reason why that 3rd client took so long to get:

I WAS SPENDING HOURS AND HOURS COLD E-MAILING INSTEAD OF FIRST LEVERAGING MY OWN NETWORK.

I was reading a book called Million Dollar Launch by Alan Weiss and he made the suggestion to make a list of (literally) everyone you know, and put them into categories. Category #1: People you know will buy from you or will give you referrals - Category #2: People you are unsure will give you referrals - Category #3: People you know won't give you referrals.

Upon hearing this, I had that one limiting belief: "Yea Alan, but I know like 3 people that I talk to on a daily basis so how the hell do I do this?"

I already know the answer, but to be honest I was just scared to go down that route.. The answer was going against my introversion and reaching out to every single person that I've interacted with over the years.

When I got myself to start thinking bigger, I ended up jotting down over 200 names.. A lot of whom I had already built up trust with when I was selling basketball cards, and reselling things on ebay, discord groups I was in, groups I paid to be in.. All of these people were familiar with me. People from the gym, people from brazilian jiu jitsu, doctors, literally everywhere.. hell.. Even the 8,000 instagram followers I have from when I used to post cringy TikToks.. I now understand that you never know who could lead you where.. One of my 13 year old followers could have a cousin that runs a company who needs exactly what i'm selling lol..

So.. the past couple days I've been reaching out to people with personalized messages to get referrals. To be honest.. No one yet has dropped a name.. But from messaging so far I've gotten one new client who I got because of trust and a couple of ideas from people that i would've NEVER thought of that will hopefully allow me to scale my business a lot!

I also dramatically improved the quality of my product delivery, I still do a lot of the editing, but hired an editor (A good one from the USA that I know in person who follows instructions this time.. not a VA) and it has saved me a significant amount of time to be able to market.

I remember something Alex Hormozi said with his "Rule of 100" Philosophy. Basically it's where you reach out to 100 people a day and demand won't be the problem. I can't say I've gotten there 100% yet.. But at this point with the 3 clients I have it may be a good idea for the time being to just focus on bringing these clients the most value possible and also looking for other editors to hire for when I decide to start marketing again and get new clients.

I also made a company channel to display some work: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsbxzrooUbOlVdEej0Q8H9w/videos

Anyways, that's the update guys!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
if you were a customer of mine and you found out that I was paying people in the Philippines $4 a video for your services, would you want to continue working with me? Hell to the no.. right?
Why would it matter to me what your costs were or how you produced my results?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Why would it matter to me what your costs were or how you produced my results?
Interesting insight.. thanks for bringing it up. That’s something I’ve not thought of.

Maybe I should change it to - the VA’s weren’t producing good results and clients didn’t like it!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
**PROCESS UPDATE**

This is more of a mindset post. I've been in complete producer mode the past month, its been some of the happiest days of my entire life.

For the first time, I feel like if I lost everything I could start over and be successful.

For a long time, it wasn't like that. I was extremely scared of what the hell I was going to do with my life after high school.. I would always put on a confident act to make it seem like I had my sh*t together... but in reality, I was all over the place.

Every time someone would ask me "So, what are you going to do with your life?", I'd get extremely insecure about it and every time I'd say "entrepreneur" people would look at me like "ooo...kay this kid is a nut job and probably has no future"

The reason I felt insecure about it is because I had no knowledge and I knew deep down that I hadn't taken any action, and I didn't know how.. THAT was my deepest insecurity. The fact that I was uneducated on the very thing that I wanted to be my entire life.

Now when someone asks me what I want to do I look them in the eye and tell them I identify as a motherf**king entrepreneur. I say it with confidence. throw me on the side of the road with a dollar and I'll figure out how to provide value and do it.

If you're someone who doesn't yet have that confidence yet, don't worry. It's just a lack of education and a lack of action that is making you feel that way. Every single time I get stressed out about a particular thing relating to business, I now understand that it's just a sign I need to pick up a book relating to it and learn something new.

For example, one of my biggest stressors used to be time management. I had no idea how to do it until I started reading and found out in a book called The Ultimate Sales Machine that time management is as simple as writing down the 6 most important things you need to do, limiting distractions, getting the most important stuff down in the morning, and estimating the amount of time each task is going to take.

Now with that knowledge and having taken action on it, I have mental clarity. Stress is just a sign that you need to learn something new..

I want to learn to advertising. My first thought was fear and stress. That was until I reminded myself there's about 17+ amazing books on advertising that have actionable things you can do.

-

The past few months for me have made me completely forget about the normal way of living - the way I've been told to live by family, teachers, and guidance counselors in school.

I now have a solidified belief that holding a job is even more risky than entrepreneurship. For years while I was in high school everyone would constantly be telling me to get a job and it was an absolutely miserable time in my life even though I was making good money reselling things online.

They would say "All you do is sit at your computer, eat, and go to the gym, when are you gonna get up off your a$$ and get a job?"

Nowadays this doesn't affect me. I now live by the following: If I have something someone wants, it will pay 100X better than working a desk job at the gym. Not just in money, but in time and knowledge. Finding that thing, finding customers/clients, and putting that into action is a much better use of time, even if it fails, than spending 12 hours a day twiddling my thumbs on Instagram behind a desk.

For some reason, for us young people, our parents and people around us see getting a job as a more productive thing than offering value to the world. When we say we do something else, we are labeled a loser. It makes no sense!

The other day I was with one of my slowlane mentality family members, I looked at the sky and said "did you know some stars are bigger than the sun?" They were like "WOW OMG REALLY.. YOU'RE SO SMART LOOK AT YOU!!"

But then when they ask me what I want to do with my life and I explain an entire opposite way of thinking to them and the Fastlane cents commandments like the back of my hand, there's no excitement. Instead they look at me like a lost kid and go behind my back and chit chat about how they're worried for my future.

But now it doesn't matter anymore - all that matters is my results. I've taught myself to completely blockade all of those comments and instead understand the reality of the world: Money is an exchange of value between two parties and if you have something someone wants and deliver on it, they will give you money for it.

That's all for now, had a urge to put this message out there.

Thanks for reading

Mike

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
**PROCESS UPDATE**

This is more of a mindset post. I've been in complete producer mode the past month, its been some of the happiest days of my entire life.

For the first time, I feel like if I lost everything I could start over and be successful.

For a long time, it wasn't like that. I was extremely scared of what the hell I was going to do with my life after high school.. I would always put on a confident act to make it seem like I had my sh*t together... but in reality, I was all over the place.

Every time someone would ask me "So, what are you going to do with your life?", I'd get extremely insecure about it and every time I'd say "entrepreneur" people would look at me like "ooo...kay this kid is a nut job and probably has no future"

The reason I felt insecure about it is because I had no knowledge and I knew deep down that I hadn't taken any action, and I didn't know how.. THAT was my deepest insecurity. The fact that I was uneducated on the very thing that I wanted to be my entire life.

Now when someone asks me what I want to do I look them in the eye and tell them I identify as a motherf**king entrepreneur. I say it with confidence. throw me on the side of the road with a dollar and I'll figure out how to provide value and do it.

If you're someone who doesn't yet have that confidence yet, don't worry. It's just a lack of education and a lack of action that is making you feel that way. Every single time I get stressed out about a particular thing relating to business, I now understand that it's just a sign I need to pick up a book relating to it and learn something new.

For example, one of my biggest stressors used to be time management. I had no idea how to do it until I started reading and found out in a book called The Ultimate Sales Machine that time management is as simple as writing down the 6 most important things you need to do, limiting distractions, getting the most important stuff down in the morning, and estimating the amount of time each task is going to take.

Now with that knowledge and having taken action on it, I have mental clarity. Stress is just a sign that you need to learn something new..

I want to learn to advertising. My first thought was fear and stress. That was until I reminded myself there's about 17+ amazing books on advertising that have actionable things you can do.

-

The past few months for me have made me completely forget about the normal way of living - the way I've been told to live by family, teachers, and guidance counselors in school.

I now have a solidified belief that holding a job is even more risky than entrepreneurship. For years while I was in high school everyone would constantly be telling me to get a job and it was an absolutely miserable time in my life even though I was making good money reselling things online.

They would say "All you do is sit at your computer, eat, and go to the gym, when are you gonna get up off your a$$ and get a job?"

Nowadays this doesn't affect me. I now live by the following: If I have something someone wants, it will pay 100X better than working a desk job at the gym. Not just in money, but in time and knowledge. Finding that thing, finding customers/clients, and putting that into action is a much better use of time, even if it fails, than spending 12 hours a day twiddling my thumbs on Instagram behind a desk.

For some reason, for us young people, our parents and people around us see getting a job as a more productive thing than offering value to the world. When we say we do something else, we are labeled a loser. It makes no sense!

The other day I was with one of my slowlane mentality family members, I looked at the sky and said "did you know some stars are bigger than the sun?" They were like "WOW OMG REALLY.. YOU'RE SO SMART LOOK AT YOU!!"

But then when they ask me what I want to do with my life and I explain an entire opposite way of thinking to them and the Fastlane cents commandments like the back of my hand, there's no excitement. Instead they look at me like a lost kid and go behind my back and chit chat about how they're worried for my future.

But now it doesn't matter anymore - all that matters is my results. I've taught myself to completely blockade all of those comments and instead understand the reality of the world: Money is an exchange of value between two parties and if you have something someone wants and deliver on it, they will give you money for it.

Thanks for reading

Mike
Brilliant. When you KNOW you can eat what you kill you suddenly look at the world differently. It's an instant mindset switch, often accompanied by confidence and peace. Well done Mike.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
**PROCESS UPDATE**

-

Thanks for reading

Mike
Well done! Reminds me of the saying that "All value is, is taking people from where they are (Point A) to where they want to be (Point B) and letting them know that your solution is the vehicle to get them there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MipRmAY7rs

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Brilliant. When you KNOW you can eat what you kill you suddenly look at the world differently. It's an instant mindset switch, often accompanied by confidence and peace. Well done Mike.
Yes!!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hey Looch, you gotten your second and third Yesses yet?

I was thinking with your background, it'd be pretty easy for you to target gyms for content creation on TikTok. Help trainers get clients. Maybe branch in the massage therapists and chiropractors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.