The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

my first ever business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Here we go I started my first business quite recently after months of action-fakeing, thinking about ideas and trying stuff which all been a waste of time.

How did I got myself finally going?

I was reading this forum every day, quite lost to be honest thinking what I should do.

But one day I found this thread by Andy Black “what if you already know enough” and “You dont need a Website, you need Sales”. Out of nowhere then in my head turned the light on:

You don’t need the perfect idea or business model.
You don’t need a website.
You don’t need a F*cking logo.
You don’t need this course.
You don’t need to read another book.

What do I really need?

I need a customer which I can offer help in form of a service that has VALUE for them.

And

I need sales.

So, I thought about a service which people would need and a conversation from a few weeks ago came up in my head which I had with my workmate while we were delivering printers.

He explained to me that he is part time entrepreneur and hates the job which he is doing right now because they are paying him bad. He makes good money on the weekends when he gets job offers but he isn’t getting enough jobs to quit his full-time workplace.

I asked him if it’s a real problem for starting entrepreneur getting jobs and he said yes if he would only have more jobs then he could finally quit.

At home after work, I searched about ways for helping starting company’s getting jobs, as I was hearing the story from Andy Black about how he helped his electrician friend building a website and doing google ads to get him the first call, I wanted to do exactly that.

I wrote down what I need to do, and I did exactly that without any turn around:
  • Learn how to run google ads campaign.
  • Create an offer that people feeling stupid saying no.
  • Call your network and get your first customer.
So, I dedicated about 3 weeks figure everything out as much I can without information overload think that with experience you will learn much more than just theory.

I created my offer with a bonus service for free because I found out that his website lading page for the ads could get some good improvements and I had a good idea. (USP)

And then I should have called him, but I was feeling stuck, I was afraid off calling!!
I was thinking always about worst case scenarios, it was hard for me to do it.

So, I started to watch videos about fear from calling and wrote a sales script.

After 2 Days I said F*ck it and I made the call.

I was nervous even if I knew him well, but it went in a completely different way than I expected it to go. After some trained questions I asked him if he has someone who makes the ads for him, and he answered that he had 3 different agencies’ doing each service from him. I didn’t expect 3 but I still asked if I could also do one service for him, and he said yes. I pitched also my idea for his lading page, and this got him more interested in my service. We made a date for a meeting on the next week to talk about it.

Finally, I got my first customer and I felt that I was finally “taking action!”.

Now comes the part where I need to deliver the best service as possible performing better than the other agencies. I can do this.

2. My plan and how I want this to be going

First, I need to focus on providing the best service to my first customer and repeating the same process again and again to build a good base of customers till I am at the point where I can get someone who is much better than me in running google ads (employee) so that I can focus myself completely on the sales part of getting more customers. It will take a ton of time and work till I reach that, but I will do it.

I didnt plan much more because MJ said “Plan (BUT DON’T GO CRAZY!)”

Thanks @Andy Black for your threads you helped me a lot!

I will update this one on how it is going, I hope you all doing well too! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
Here we go I started my first business quite recently after months of action-fakeing, thinking about ideas and trying stuff which all been a waste of time.

I was reading this forum every day, quite lost to be honest thinking what I should do.

But one day I found this thread by Andy Black “what if you already know enough” and “You dont need a Website, you need Sales”. Out of nowhere then in my head turned the light on:

What do I really need?

I need a customer which I can offer help in form of a service that has VALUE for them.

And

I need sales.

So, I thought about a service which people would need and a conversation from a few weeks ago came up in my head which I had with my workmate while we were delivering printers.

He explained to me that he is part time entrepreneur and hates the job which he is doing right now because they are paying him bad. He makes good money on the weekends when he gets job offers but he isn’t getting enough jobs to quit his full-time workplace.

I asked him if it’s a real problem for starting entrepreneur getting jobs and he said yes if he would only have more jobs then he could finally quit.

At home after work, I searched about ways for helping starting company’s getting jobs, as I was hearing the story from Andy Black about how he helped his electrician friend building a website and doing google ads to get him the first call, I wanted to do exactly that.

So, I dedicated about 3 weeks figure everything out as much I can without information overload think that with experience you will learn much more than just theory.

I created my offer with a bonus service for free because I found out that his website lading page for the ads could get some good improvements and I had a good idea. (USP)

And then I should have called him, but I was feeling stuck, I was afraid off calling!!

I was nervous even if I knew him well, but it went in a completely different way than I expected it to go. After some trained questions I asked him if he has someone who makes the ads for him, and he answered that he had 3 different agencies’ doing each service from him. I didn’t expect 3 but I still asked if I could also do one service for him, and he said yes. I pitched also my idea for his lading page, and this got him more interested in my service. We made a date for a meeting on the next week to talk about it.

Finally, I got my first customer and I felt that I was finally “taking action!”.

Now comes the part where I need to deliver the best service as possible performing better than the other agencies. I can do this.

First, I need to focus on providing the best service to my first customer and repeating the same process again and again to build a good base of customers till I am at the point where I can get someone who is much better than me in running google ads (employee) so that I can focus myself completely on the sales part of getting more customers. It will take a ton of time and work till I reach that, but I will do it.

This sounds great! I'm very excited for you and looking forward to updates!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

What do I really need?

And

I need sales.

What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing, and good luck with your new business.

Don't forget to reach out to your network and tell them what you're doing and ask if they know anyone who might need your help. The inbound/sales thread in my signature has more tips.

Zlatin Manahov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 15, 2022
Bulgaria

What do I really need?

And

I need sales.

Really motivating stuff man. Congrats on your first client and thank you for sharing!

I'm doing the exact same thing now. Got my first job running ads for my dad's online business. Don't know if that counts as a real client but I'll take it. I'm also reaching out to local businesses every day and getting some good responses. It's a matter of time, we just have to be consistent and it will pay off.

If you're up for the challenge: me and another guy on the forum are trying to get 3 clients for our agencies by Aug 15. With that mindset you can definitely do it too!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing, and good luck with your new business.

Don't forget to reach out to your network and tell them what you're doing and ask if they know anyone who might need your help. The inbound/sales thread in my signature has more tips.
Thanks for the tip i will go do that and your sales thread is absolutely the next!

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Really motivating stuff man. Congrats on your first client and thank you for sharing!

I'm doing the exact same thing now. Got my first job running ads for my dad's online business. Don't know if that counts as a real client but I'll take it. I'm also reaching out to local businesses every day and getting some good responses. It's a matter of time, we just have to be consistent and it will pay off.

If you're up for the challenge: me and another guy on the forum are trying to get 3 clients for our agencies by Aug 15. With that mindset you can definitely do it too!
Thats amazing im always looking for people who are going the way into business

Congratulations on your first client also!

I would love to connect with you guys
Im going to send you a message.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!