The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AI Video Marketing Strategy: What's Your Favourite Tool?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I am experimenting with using AI video tools to make marketing videos surrounding my books. I am using InVideo at the moment, both the semi and fully auto AI versions.

To be clear, the semi AI version will create a voiceover from your script, but it's up to you to add the video clips. This isn't bad as you simply search for relevant matching clips and just drop them onto the timeline. You can also use template videos, but I haven't really looked at that yet, as they seem to be skewed to the corporate sector.

The full InVideo AI will do the lot for you, you put in a script and it generates voiceover and video, you can also synthesise your own voice but I haven't done that yet (before I do, I want to make sure that only I will have access to my voice).

For me, the jury is still out on this one. I come from a film making/editing background, so I am very proficient with editing software and can find my way round a new bit of kit without much instruction. I have edited short films, documentaries, corporate videos, and more, and my thoughts on InVideo so far. Is it is surprisingly labour intensive.

I was under the impression that using AI would greatly reduce the time spent in creating a video, therefore, making it a viable marketing strategy. In general every minute of screen time, will take roughly an hour of editing. So a five minute video is an afternoon's worth of work. I felt that perhaps I could cut around eighty percent off that time, but it doesn't seem so, at least not with InVideo.

My main problem with InVideo is the amount of time it takes to regenerate a video after you give it a prompt to change, is way too long. Especially if you give it more than one prompt. Also the videos it produces are bound by the libraries it has access to, so it can be difficult to find the right kind of clip. Plus it has rendering issues, I understand it's online so caching issues are to be expected. However, when you generate a video it stutters badly, even when you playback at the lowest (480p) res. You can't scrub through the timeline to speed the render, so you just have to sit there whilst it judders through your video.

Once the vid has played through, it will (or rather should) play properly. Which means that you need ten minutes to watch a five minute video, then if you want to change anything, you have to go through the whole painful process again.

I think I'll persevere with InVideo for the moment, but I've cancelled the AI subscription because it's just not worth it, I might as well edit the video myself. I'll keep the standard version for now, because having access to iStock and the other libraries for $25 per month is pretty good. I'm sure iStock charge on an image-by-image basis, so that's good value I think.

I want to try out some other tools, maybe an animation one if there's a good version out there.

I'll post up my results and engagement figures here if anyone's interested. In the meantime, what AI video generation tools are my fellow Fastlaners using?

(By the way, I made this post whilst waiting for InVideo to make two minor changes to my 3.5 minute video. It has been about ten minutes and still isn't finished! Pure pain.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Descript was pretty awesome when I used it last year, and that was well before it integrated more stuff including AI. It was so good I kept my subscription running although I stopped doing vids.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Descript was pretty awesome when I used it last year, and that was well before it integrated more stuff including AI. It was so good I kept my subscription running although I stopped doing vids.
Same! I've kept my subscription running even though I'm not currently creating videos. Just goes to show the power of a good product.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am experimenting with using AI video tools to make marketing videos surrounding my books. I am using InVideo at the moment, both the semi and fully auto AI versions.

To be clear, the semi AI version will create a voiceover from your script, but it's up to you to add the video clips. This isn't bad as you simply search for relevant matching clips and just drop them onto the timeline. You can also use template videos, but I haven't really looked at that yet, as they seem to be skewed to the corporate sector.

The full InVideo AI will do the lot for you, you put in a script and it generates voiceover and video, you can also synthesise your own voice but I haven't done that yet (before I do, I want to make sure that only I will have access to my voice).

For me, the jury is still out on this one. I come from a film making/editing background, so I am very proficient with editing software and can find my way round a new bit of kit without much instruction. I have edited short films, documentaries, corporate videos, and more, and my thoughts on InVideo so far. Is it is surprisingly labour intensive.

I was under the impression that using AI would greatly reduce the time spent in creating a video, therefore, making it a viable marketing strategy. In general every minute of screen time, will take roughly an hour of editing. So a five minute video is an afternoon's worth of work. I felt that perhaps I could cut around eighty percent off that time, but it doesn't seem so, at least not with InVideo.

My main problem with InVideo is the amount of time it takes to regenerate a video after you give it a prompt to change, is way too long. Especially if you give it more than one prompt. Also the videos it produces are bound by the libraries it has access to, so it can be difficult to find the right kind of clip. Plus it has rendering issues, I understand it's online so caching issues are to be expected. However, when you generate a video it stutters badly, even when you playback at the lowest (480p) res. You can't scrub through the timeline to speed the render, so you just have to sit there whilst it judders through your video.

Once the vid has played through, it will (or rather should) play properly. Which means that you need ten minutes to watch a five minute video, then if you want to change anything, you have to go through the whole painful process again.

I think I'll persevere with InVideo for the moment, but I've cancelled the AI subscription because it's just not worth it, I might as well edit the video myself. I'll keep the standard version for now, because having access to iStock and the other libraries for $25 per month is pretty good. I'm sure iStock charge on an image-by-image basis, so that's good value I think.

I want to try out some other tools, maybe an animation one if there's a good version out there.

I'll post up my results and engagement figures here if anyone's interested. In the meantime, what AI video generation tools are my fellow Fastlaners using?

(By the way, I made this post whilst waiting for InVideo to make two minor changes to my 3.5 minute video. It has been about ten minutes and still isn't finished! Pure pain.)
@MTF is using Pictory I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
@MTF is using Pictory I think.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm really shying away from InVideo, the controls are clunky and the search results are very hit 'n' miss.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Awesome, sounds promising! Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.