The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those who haven't made a sale yet...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Some questions for you to ponder:

2) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

3) What do people already come to you for help with?

I don't know why that thing with the gun over the head, doesn't quite work. Probably only at the beginning, but after that because of the everyday patterns, it dissapears.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I have many ideas that I know could be worth a lot, but I find no way to bootstrap any because I can't find an appealing feature set for an MVP that can be developed on the side. Figuring out payment processing that complies with all the laws is one of the hurdles that makes me want to kill myself.

1.) My day job that takes up 8h + each work day
2.) I would want that guy to pull the trigger, my life sucks
3.) I am mostly a ghost, at work I am tolerated as a cog in the software development machine
4.) Hire people who are smarter than I am and who can tame complexity - but not sure I would be able to sell my vision

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know why that thing with the gun over the head, doesn't quite work. Probably only at the beginning, but after that because of the everyday patterns, it dissapears.
Figure out a way that works for you.

The goal is to do the work that matters, not to be "busy".

Other ways of looking at it are:

Does it serve my clients or customers?

Can I invoice someone for it?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have many ideas that I know could be worth a lot, but I find no way to bootstrap any because I can't find an appealing feature set for an MVP that can be developed on the side. Figuring out payment processing that complies with all the laws is one of the hurdles that makes me want to kill myself.

1.) My day job that takes up 8h + each work day
2.) I would want that guy to pull the trigger, my life sucks
3.) I am mostly a ghost, at work I am tolerated as a cog in the software development machine
4.) Hire people who are smarter than I am and who can tame complexity - but not sure I would be able to sell my vision
There's a lot going on here.

My first thought is to consider professional help if you're feeling as low as it sounds.

My second is to focus on the things you *can* do, and the things you're grateful for.

What's The ONE Thing you can do that would make everything else unnecessary or easier to do?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Let's help those who havent made a sale yet.

For those who havent made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

2) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

I would learn all python in a week and make an app and whip my a$$ to sell to just one person.

Or

I would write another book. But this doesn't add up because publishing as yet isn't mostly in my power.
There's a publisher now taking forever with my manuscript. It sucks. The waiting.

I need to think of other things maybe. It is a wall.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
There's a lot going on here.
My first thought is to consider professional help if you're feeling as low as it sounds.
Not convinced there is such a thing as "professional help" ... what could they fix? My experience with this is that there is a person facing you that can't relate in the least and tells you that you should not actually want the things you want and that you should take pills that don't help at all.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Not convinced there is such a thing as "professional help" ... what could they fix? My experience with this is that there is a person facing you that can't relate in the least and tells you that you should not actually want the things you want and that you should take pills that don't help at all.
What about this below

My second is to focus on the things you *can* do, and the things you're grateful for.

What's The ONE Thing you can do that would make everything else unnecessary or easier to do?
How's your response to it?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
What about this below

How's your response to it?
That is what I have been trying to do and it is not sustainable. Nothing matters when you are 42 and don't have a social life or the prospect of one.
My capacity for gratitude is limited. I am allowed to get up at 6 a.m. and work until my eyes hurt like hell every day. Awesome.

I have started a business, am trying to build a SaaS project. I am learning Russian, Japanese and two Piano pieces ... but it is all just making investments. I don't get anything back in return, it is just painful chores to struggle through.

Only exception is the fact that I can affort to order decent lunch, which doesn't carry me very far.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I am learning Russian, Japanese and two Piano pieces
Nothing matters when you are 42 and don't have a social life or the prospect of one.
If you're struggling with a social life, then consider this:
-join some kind of club, choir, whatever
-Literally just read Dale Carnegie's How to win friends and influence people

The thing with these however is that you need to get outside of your comfort zone.
How many lonely 40yos are there? Probably quite many. They are just waiting for that one person.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My capacity for gratitude is limited.
That's a limiting belief.

I am allowed to get up at 6 a.m. and work until my eyes hurt like hell every day.
Swap "allowed" for "get to".

I get to get up at 6a.m. and work until my eyes hurt like hell every day.

Some people don't get to get up.

Some people don't get to work.

Some people don't get to see.

A simple reframe could have an immediate impact on your mindset.

I have started a business, am trying to build a SaaS project. I am learning Russian, Japanese and two Piano pieces
If you had to focus on one then which would it be?

"I don't have time for xyz" is often code for "I chose to do something else instead".

PS: I suspect your mindset is what's holding you back (same as everyone btw). I mentioned considering getting professional help because I'm not a trained counsellor etc and whenever someone comes off as down in the dumps I worry that there's more going on than meets the eye.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Let's help those who havent made a sale yet.

For those who havent made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

As I am testing out a new concept I sold a $500 package of services last week. Took 2 hours of unskilled labor to complete. $250/hour. I can contract it out for a fraction of that.

Subcontracting separates time from income. The business demonstrated need, and scale only needs replication. Control is there. Barrier to entry is based on unique value proposition. The business is definitely replicatable by somebody else but with fresh market movers advantage, there’s a ton of business to be taken anyway. Copycat of a unique value proposition usually fail because they fail in execution, trying to take some thing that looks easy.

I can think of 10 ways you could do a similar business concept without needing any capital. I performed the physical labor myself, just so that I understood every aspect of the business you need to be the worker before you can deploy scale.

Here are businesses that you could start with minimal expertise in the services industry that would give you similar results. You could start these businesses in your immediate market area and expand out from there.

elder care : home welfare for absentee children with elderly parents. Perfect subcontract would be stay at home moms that would work for you on a 1099 basis. Deploy it like Instacart meets home nursing. Important to note that you are not going to do the work. You’re going to have stay at home moms doing it for 25 bucks per visit. You’re going to charge 100 bucks per visit.

Punch list : there isn’t a house in America that doesn’t have a need for a handyman, but getting organized to get one over to the house and get shit done is some thing that most people have a punch list for, but don’t do. there are 28 houses in my neighborhood. If I went door to door with a checklist of 10 services, I could probably schedule 28 appointments. on my Services list? Touch up painting. Weeding. Plumbing. Electrical. One and done home cleaning. One and done pool cleaning. Palm tree trimming. 10 or 15 services on the checklist. We will get the Services schedule and get back to you with an appointment time. Subcontract with a 20% override. You’ve now just made it easy for people to do what they need to do anyway, and you’ve given a group of services to a subcontractor. You change the value proposition, and you don’t do any of the physical work yourself. As you scale this, you’re not even the one carrying the checklist around. You’re simply paying a commission to the sales person for securing the jobs. Now scale.

virtual garage sale. You literally move everything you want to sell to your garage. That’s all the customer has to do. I send a high school kid over to take photos and list on eBay from their garage using their Wi-Fi. I pay the high school kid $12 an hour for listing. More items, high ASP. 50% retained by seller. Whatever doesn’t sell stays at the house. All the sudden I have a massive eBay store generating money, 24 seven.

Let’s take the same concept, but deploy it for local retail. Retailer owns a bookstore, but he does not sell online. Has some unique titles used books, new books, everything. We will take her inventory, put it online. Shipped from the store. Profit split. You don’t own any inventory. Now get five stores to let you use their inventory to sell online. Use my same labor pool of stay at home moms or high school kids to manage listings and shipping. I did this once with a single employee, and it was terrifically profitable. Book stores, craft stores, even auto parts stores. Premise here is you don’t own the inventory and you don’t do the work. You have violated a couple of MJ‘s commandments, but you’ve created a business out of nothing with zero cash.

Media network. Place advertising in podcasts. Reciprocal link exchanges. Fee to be in your podcast network. they get reciprocal advertising of their podcast on other podcasts across the network and post production audio editing. When I was producing podcasts for people, I was charging $1000 per month for a one hour podcast per week. If you want to take mobile podcast recording to your clients, you can find used equipment on the Facebook marketplace. Even if you want to create a mobile podcast recording service, your total investment is going to be less than $1000. Connect with a local vocational school and have students do the mobile recording for you. Your first client pays for your equipment in one month.

Last edited:
G

Guest931Xfjyx

I work 7 days a week as a Security Guard, making barely above minimum wage. Split rent with my wife.

Have professional photos taken of me working out. Develop a simple landing page with testimonials and a clear CTA with one-click checkout. Paid ads leading to the landing page.

At least once a week in the gym I have someone coming up to me and complimenting my shape or asking for advice. Oftentimes more than once a week.

I'd be bodybuilding full-time. Competing in bodybuilding competitions and the grind it is to get in stage-ready shape. Spending time with my wife and dog. Enjoying some sunshine. Good food. Relaxing. Reading. Helping my parents financially. Quality time with my family. Maybe an occasional excursion to somewhere tropical a few times a year. Sounds like heaven...

Yet again. Same story for me. I don't feel ready yet. Still want to give it 2 years time or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I work 7 days a week as a Security Guard, making barely above minimum wage. Split rent with my wife.

Have professional photos taken of me working out. Develop a simple landing page with testimonials and a clear CTA with one-click checkout. Paid ads leading to the landing page.

At least once a week in the gym I have someone coming up to me and complimenting my shape or asking for advice. Oftentimes more than once a week.

I'd be bodybuilding full-time. Competing in bodybuilding competitions and the grind it is to get in stage-ready shape. Spending time with my wife and dog. Enjoying some sunshine. Good food. Relaxing. Reading. Helping my parents financially. Quality time with my family. Maybe an occasional excursion to somewhere tropical a few times a year. Sounds like heaven...

Yet again. Same story for me. I don't feel ready yet. Still want to give it 2 years time or so.
Two years from now, you will be worse off than you are now, not better. Start right now.

I sent a bunch of my clients products to a photographer and traded him the products for professional photos. You have something to barter right now for professional photography. Services. Post on Facebook that you need a professional photo shoot done in exchange for two personal training sessions.

Also, rather than working as a security guard go get yourself a job as a personal trainer. You’ll make more money in the immediate term even if you are working for somebody else because you are already working for somebody else.

Don’t make your wife wait two more years for this. Your security job is a dime a dozen. You are ridiculously underpaid.

You don’t have two years to F*ck around. You need to make a change. Two years is an eternity for what you are doing and two years will turn into four years because there’s nothing that says you will take action two years from now. You won’t.

Put a line in the sand. Go for broke. You’re already broke. It’s not going to get much worse and most likely you will fight your way into it getting better.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Two years from now, you will be worse off than you are now, not better. Start right now.

I sent a bunch of my clients products to a photographer and traded him the products for professional photos. You have something to barter right now for professional photography. Services. Post on Facebook that you need a professional photo shoot done in exchange for two personal training sessions.

Also, rather than working as a security guard go get yourself a job as a personal trainer. You’ll make more money in the immediate term even if you are working for somebody else because you are already working for somebody else.

Don’t make your wife wait two more years for this. Your security job is a dime a dozen. You are ridiculously underpaid.

You don’t have two years to F*ck around. You need to make a change. Two years is an eternity for what you are doing and two years will turn into four years because there’s nothing that says you will take action two years from now. You won’t.

Put a line in the sand. Go for broke. You’re already broke. It’s not going to get much worse and most likely you will fight your way into it getting better.
In two years from now I will be in a much better position, not worse. The product I intend to sell (myself) will be sold astronomically easier with what I will have then than if I tried to sell myself now. I appreciate the uplifting words but I try not to be swept away by sensationalism. This "GO GO GO HUSTLE GRIND RISK IT ALL NOTHING TO LOSE LIFE OR DEATH" mentality is truly overplayed. I think it's foolish to quit my job and dive all in. Why not wait, continue with the job, start once I'm ready whilst still working the job?

I do have a plan. It's less vague than "2 years" from now but I use that time frame as an example as it's easier to understand from the outside looking in. In the meantime I intend on improving my shape and competing at least once. I'm willing to let this take time.

Is it monotonous to reserve myself to being a Security Guard for the next 2 years? Absolutely. But I genuinely look at bodybuilding as my one and only goal in life at the moment. One that I eventually intend to monetize beyond $100k a year. I live and breathe nothing but bodybuilding. I research it all day, read, watch videos, think about it, prep for it, train, and talk about it. I know in time that I will be successful in the field as I'm completely devoted. But I wish to be my version of ready, and that isn't now.

I realize this is the fastlane forums, but it also depends on what your idea of success is. For example, if I could make a Security Guard salary being a bodybuilder full-time, I'd consider that success as I'd get to do what I love for a living. I know there's a chance for an income far greater than that but my bare-minimum ambition is in close reach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Punch list : there isn’t a house in America that doesn’t have a need for a handyman, but getting organized to get one over to the house and get shit done is some thing that most people have a punch list for, but don’t do. there are 28 houses in my neighborhood. If I went door to door with a checklist of 10 services, I could probably schedule 28 appointments. on my Services list? Touch up painting. Weeding. Plumbing. Electrical. One and done home cleaning. One and done pool cleaning. Palm tree trimming. 10 or 15 services on the checklist. We will get the Services schedule and get back to you with an appointment time. Subcontract with a 20% override. You’ve now just made it easy for people to do what they need to do anyway, and you’ve given a group of services to a subcontractor. You change the value proposition, and you don’t do any of the physical work yourself. As you scale this, you’re not even the one carrying the checklist around. You’re simply paying a commission to the sales person for securing the jobs. Now scale.

To expand on what Vigilante said, this licensed contractor gave a lot of info on performing home handyman services. He generally just does videos about DIY projects and skills. (Great DIY channel, BTW) He did several episodes on making money with service offerings using skills you have or can learn easily in some of his videos. He explores projects that don't require permits and he gives some tips on checking for licensing requirements. These could be scaled up to larger businesses after you've done them.

Here's his series on handyman and painting services:
View: https://youtu.be/H_fr2Fl0b1s

If you're looking for job ideas to keep a roof over your head while you're building something else, this list is very good and some great tips were given along the way:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I appreciate the uplifting words but I try not to be swept away by sensationalism. This "GO GO GO HUSTLE GRIND RISK IT ALL NOTHING TO LOSE LIFE OR DEATH" mentality is truly overplayed. I think it's foolish to quit my job and dive all in. Why not wait, continue with the job, start once I'm ready whilst stilling working the job?

I do have a plan. It's less vague than "2 years" from now but I use that time frame as an example as it's easier to understand from the outside looking in. In the meantime I intend on improving my shape and competing at least once. I'm willing to let this take time.

Is it monotonous to reserve myself to being a Security Guard for the next 2 years? Absolutely. But I genuinely look at bodybuilding as my one and only goal in life at the moment. One that I eventually intend to monetize beyond $100k a year. I live and breathe nothing but bodybuilding. I research it all day, read, watch videos, think about it, prep for it, train, and talk about it. I know in time that I will be successful in the field as I'm completely devoted. But I wish to be my version of ready, and that isn't now.

I realize this is the fastlane forums, but it also depends on what your idea of success is. For example, if I could make a Security Guard salary being a bodybuilder full-time, I'd consider that success as I'd get to do what I love for a living. I know there's a chance for an income far greater than that but my bare-minimum ambition is in close reach.
You need a better job at the very least. My neighborhood pays our security guards 60k plus benefits. Not much, but better than minimum wage.

All this said. Your “two year plan” is an absolute procrastination and I think you should admit it for your own good.

Body building, as in building your body, is a hobby, not a business. It’s not about you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You need a better job at the very least. My neighborhood pays our security guards 60k plus benefits. Not much, but better than minimum wage.

All this said. Your “two year plan” is an absolute procrastination and I think you should admit it for your own good.
I thought you were gone?

I’m assuming this is the type of stuff you were telling me about a few weeks back.

I can’t imagine telling my family they only have to eat Ramen noodles for two more years.

Two years rolls around and they are like where is the F*cking steak?

Money buys happiness.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Your “two year plan” is an absolute procrastination and I think you should admit it for your own good.
Sometimes hearing something isn’t enough. Experience will teach him better than any word you or I put down here.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Sometimes hearing something isn’t enough. Experience will teach him better than any word you or I put down here.
I honestly hurt for him. Two years is a long time to just blatantly embrace mediocrity. Wow.

The guy must be healthy. Can string a sentence together. So he can communicate. He’s just refusing be bold.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Yeah I'd love that. I used to do construction but I oftentimes found myself too tired after work to actually train and so I wouldn't grow in bodybuilding. I quit doing framing + drywall + flooring installation and got the most sedentary job I could think of. So now I'm a Security Guard and I just eat my meals for bodybuilding + get as much overtime as I can get + read/research/watch videos on bodybuilding all day.

I genuinely don't see it as this. If you have an idea of what could be a better use of my time considering my ambitions I'm more than open to your input.

Body building, as in building your body, is a hobby, not a business. It’s not about you.
It's essentially personal training and sponsorships. That's the business. Many have made great money in both fields. They're definitely competitive and overcrowded, but still feasible to achieve. I'm willing to bet on me.

Sadly this might be my only option since I'm so hardheaded. I do want to make a better living, but not at the expense of foregoing this "hobby" of mine. I believe in a future in it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Sadly this might be my only option since I'm so hardheaded. I do want to make a better living, but not at the expense of foregoing this "hobby" of mine. I believe in a future in it.
You have an external locus. Look it up and start building an internal locus. You should read Jockos Extreme Ownership.

You are not powerless. You are not trapped in this job. It isn’t only this shit job or you automically destroy your body. That’s a BS lie that’s hurting you more than framing a house ever will.

I am honestly surprised you were able to find such a low paying security guard job.

The reality is you may actually take two years to remake your foundational understandings of the way this all works, but my hope is you hop on the right ladder now instead of climbing one leaned on whatever this is. Starting with, your position in life is a product of your own creation and advancement to something, anything better is a result of the decisions you begin making now.

Last edited:
G

Guest931Xfjyx

You have an external locus. Look it up and start building an internal locus. You should read Jockos Extreme Ownership.

You are not powerless. You are not trapped in this job. It isn’t only this shit job or you automically destroy your body. That’s a BS lie that’s hurting you more than framing a house ever will.

I am honestly surprised you were able to find such a low paying security guard job.
I have an internal locus. I'm familiar with Jocko and his book Extreme Ownership. I am fully responsible for entrapping myself in this job as I deliberately choose to not be sidetracked from my ambition. I'm not sure how you got the impression that I thought someone else was at fault for being where I'm at.

Completely wrong. I choose to work this job. For 2 years.

I'm open to something better, but again, not at the expense of my "hobby" being eradicated from my life.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm open to something better, but again, not at the expense of my "hobby" being eradicated from my life.
Got it, so this is the only job on the planet you could possibly have and still go to the gym. You’re totally internal...

4DEA8A1F-7445-403B-A3B7-9B7EF81DE661.jpeg

According to Henry Ford, you’re right. Carry on for two years.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I have an internal locus. I'm familiar with Jocko and his book Extreme Ownership. I am fully responsible for entrapping myself in this job as I deliberately choose to not be sidetracked from my ambition. I'm not sure how you got the impression that I thought someone else was at fault for being where I'm at.

Completely wrong. I choose to work this job. For 2 years.

Alternative explanation: confirmation bias.

You love yourself. You love the way you look and feel from bodybuilding. Then you look to confirm that’s a viable path for you. While torturing poor wife with desperately mediocre life. This place here is meant to snap you out of this. But you aren’t ready. You may never be ready.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Got it, so this is the only job on the planet you could possibly have and still go to the gym. You’re totally internal.

You’re right. Carry on.
Three times I've said:

If you have a particular suggestion, I'll consider it.

Going to a trade school would take time I don't have and reduce my present income, going to college would do the same. I don't even have a car so I couldn't start my own general handyman service...

I don't wish to make a list of excuses as to why I can't get a better job as I frankly am more than comfortable with the job I work.

I don't love it and I clearly wish for better, but I don't see any better financial avenues that wouldn't detract from bodybuilding in some way. I really am trying even though it may not seem so.

I'm open to other forms of work and I never said this is the only job on the planet I could possibly have and still go to the gym but that's a roundabout-way to discredit me. Have an idea for what I could do instead without detracting from the gym? Suggest it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Alternative explanation: confirmation bias.

You love yourself. You love the way you look and feel from bodybuilding. Then you look to confirm that’s a viable path for you. While torturing poor wife with desperately mediocre life. This place here is meant to snap you out of this. But you aren’t ready. You may never be ready.

Roll on. Hopefully someday he gets there. There’s only so much time you can spend on things like this without getting lost in online discussion. Hopefully someday he can leverage everything he’s learning into personal success.

That picture I posted of the guy that was painting? He was driving a bad a$$ F350.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Roll on. Hopefully someday he gets there. There’s only so much time you can spend on things like this without getting lost in online discussion. Hopefully someday he can leverage everything he’s learning into personal success.

That picture I posted of the guy that was painting? He was driving a bad a$$ F350.
Cool. I sit passenger on a bad a$$ OCTranspo for the city of Ottawa.

I'm not going to respond earnestly to someone being insincere acting as if I've said something I hadn't. I'm more than willing to work a different job. Getting repetitive now. Suggest it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I'm mixing up who I'm responding to. That was meant for @Kak lmao...

Point being: I'd love a better job. You guys are speaking to a brick wall. I know you have good intentions and I appreciate the effort, but as it seems, it's a worthless effort. I hope to have a success story in time.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Point being: I'd love a better job. You guys are speaking to a brick wall. I know you have good intentions and I appreciate the effort, but as it seems, it's a worthless effort. I hope to have a success story in time.

That’s why I chose to engage with you over DM.

Do better!

“I’d love a better job” = find a way to get it.

“I hope to have …” = don’t hope! Create the circumstances where hope isn’t needed. Where you create that success story.

How?

As I told you: expand on the list of options in front of you. But you are one stubborn person.

My suggestion remains: load up on audio books and reframe your own mind. Today your mind is external locust of control. Your language used in your posts gives that away fast.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.