The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting Inactivity In The Face Of New Information

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I have done what a lot of people have done on TLF, and dived straight into an ocean of new information.

Importing From Asia

Proven Amazon Course

now time for...

Shopify

Landing Pages

ecommerce

So the action I have taken regarding the first two things, is to order some free samples from China, with a view to ordering an MOQ or more. Also I have started testing some product on Amazon, gathering data, making a (very) few sales.

Now I need to make sure that I am not setting myself to completely rely on Amazon and want to set up some of my own channels.

My own research has just led me down a rabbit hole of information; from reading threads on FLF and beyond, and I can feel it nudging me into information gathering mode and further away from action mode.

Essentially, I need to have a landing page and/either/or a shopify store so that I can start pointing ads to it/them and carry out my testing.

So I've just started another free 14 day trial for Shopify, I just need advice; do I need that yet? Can I point ads directly to Shopify, or should ads go to landing pages, then those pages point to shopify.

Should I use someone else's ecommerce system, or should I set up a Worldpay account now?

What is the fastest, easiest (not necessarily cheapest) way to go?

FYI - I have 2 or 3 products I want to test in this way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Essentially, I need to have a landing page and/either/or a shopify store so that I can start pointing ads to it/them and carry out my testing.

So I've just started another free 14 day trial for Shopify, I just need advice; do I need that yet? Can I point ads directly to Shopify, or should ads go to landing pages, then those pages point to shopify.

Should I use someone else's ecommerce system, or should I set up a Worldpay account now?

What is the fastest, easiest (not necessarily cheapest) way to go?

FYI - I have 2 or 3 products I want to test in this way.

I think shopify with the integrated Stripe(?) checkout is an amazing thing. When I started doing ecommerce 9 years ago I had to send through a business plan and pay a deposit to set up a payment gateway and merchant bank account. Now I just have to enter my email and bank account details and I'm good to go.

What Shopify also do, apart from ecommerce stores, is a Buy button, so if you only have 1 or 2 products, you can create individual landing pages and just add the button to that page. It's really handy and saves you from having an empty-looking shop.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I think shopify with the integrated Stripe(?) checkout is an amazing thing. When I started doing ecommerce 9 years ago I had to send through a business plan and pay a deposit to set up a payment gateway and merchant bank account. Now I just have to enter my email and bank account details and I'm good to go.

What Shopify also do, apart from ecommerce stores, is a Buy button, so if you only have 1 or 2 products, you can create individual landing pages and just add the button to that page. It's really handy and saves you from having an empty-looking shop.

Awesome, thanks Joe, that's just what I need to hear... and I can point Google ads straight to the pages no problem?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.