The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecom Youtube Challenge - Building a channel with 120 videos in 120 days

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Ok I've been planning this challenge for the last 3 weeks and I'm finally doing it. @Fox pointed me in the right direction with a course on Youtube SEO and now I'm taking the dive.

Here's a summary of it before I get into the details:
  • Post a piece of content every single day for 120 days (in my case a Youtube video)
  • Help as many people as much as possible and don't hold back on the value
  • Answer every single comment/question
  • Systemize this as much as possible so my team take care of everything and I just need to finish the scripts and hit record on my camera
What is this?

It's a content creation challenge for myself where I am making 120 videos in 120 days that provide insane value to my audience. I'm not pitching some $3997 course with an automated webinar funnel, this is real value and people can take it and go execute everything with all the learnings I provide.

Why am I doing this?

To challenge my self-limiting beliefs and to build a personal brand with longevity.

I have never been a content creator. I've always had this self-limiting belief that I'm the guy behind the scenes that helps other people become successful and I just collect the income while I do this. I don't write blogs. I don't make videos. I always thought it would take too much time and I'm better off chasing short-term deals than investing in something that might pay off in 6-12+ months.
I also never wanted to be associated with the shady people in my niche. There's a lot of fake gurus showing off lambos, fat stacks and convincing poor sheep to spend $2k on terrible courses filled with hot air. Many doctor their screenshots and convince young-hopefuls to part with large sums of cash in the hopes of achieving the same results in unreasonable spaces of time.
People are now waking up to the Fake Gurus and are looking for some answers. They're looking for real advice that actually helps. I'm going to give the people what they want and I'm not going to charge a cent for it.

What are the videos about?

Ecommerce marketing with everything you need to build your store. Just value, value, value. Content that people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for but I'm giving it away all for free. Want to know how to set up all your email marketing flows in Klaviyo? I'll have my youtube playlist with the strategy, templates and a walkthrough of exactly how to set them up. Want to know how to set up profitable and scalable Google Shopping campaigns? It's all right there, in the Google Shopping playlist on my channel.

Why would I do this for free and not sell a course?

The more people I help, the more potential people that need my main business.
I'm helping beginners grow into competent Ecom store owners. If I'm the guy that's provided an insane level of value while they were learning the ropes then who's going to stand out when they need to free up their time and hand off their media buying in 1-3 years?
So, it's not 100% selfless here. Nothing is. But I have a different angle to many of the fake gurus because I'm not trying to make cash from courses on the front-end. It's a long-term game for me to build a brand that helps people so much that they'll come back (or tell people about my stuff) when they actually need my help. We love @Andy Black here in the FTF. He provides insane value and when those people have a friend that needs help on their Adwords, who do they recommend? Andy has put in the hard work, provided value and people trust him for that. I'm sure he enjoys it too, which is something I'm starting to do with this channel!

What authority do I have to teach this stuff?

I've grown several 7 figure stores. I helped my first client get their store online back in 2013. I used to manage some local markets in Sydney, Australia and I got tight with the store-holders. I learned their fears, frustrations, needs and wants. I helped my first store-holder get their clothing store online (onto Woocommerce) and designed and built everything myself (even borrowed my friends camera and took all the product photos!). Since then, I've been helping more business owners with their digital marketing and it's only in the last 3 years that I've honed in on Ecommerce and building a team that's really good at helping them scale. We've helped several stores scale to mid to high 7 figures with our marketing work and recently purchased and started growing our own store. I'm documenting the whole process on my channel as well. I was going to just document it here in the INSIDERS section but after thinking about this challenge I want to add it in here and provide the strategy to people watching my channel.

Why 120 days?

Doing it daily because I'll learn fast and fail faster. My first videos are going to suck. I'm still working out the camera, lighting, audio setup. As well as getting the script and editing process perfected. I think the first 30-100 videos are going to suck bad and I'd rather learn quickly at the start and get comfortable in front of the camera.
I've also been studying other channels and it looks like that right around the 100 video mark, channels really start to get some traction with Youtube's algorithm. That is, with my educational niche and targeting longer-tail keywords. Some channels can do well with a few videos but often they're focused on entertainment with higher production value. Miles Beckler (another Youtuber) started the same challenge a few years ago and he reported his results every month.

As part of my research, I graphed out his performance compared to the number of videos he made. Check out these graphs:
While he was posting daily and regularly for the first 120 days, his subscribers (and views were similar) shot off after 4-5 months. They increased exponentially regardless of his video output. He actually slowed down his video making output after the first 4 months and has seen an exponential increase in subscribers since. Now sitting at 134k subscribers. This guy is living proof. He's talked about this challenge a lot and inspired others to do the same.

Won't this take a lot of time?

Yep, but time is something I have in plentiful supply right now. My agency business is largely systemised and my team do everything. I just check in once per day. My ecom store is managed by my team so I'm just checking in on it daily. I'm also in lock down so otherwise I'm just twiddling my thumbs. Why not make the most of these months and build a foundation that could last for years?

My first video?

Here it is

I'll be updating my progress here regularly as I execute. If you have any questions or advice, please have at it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Evan G

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
May 24, 2020
Arkansas
Ok I've been planning this challenge for the last 3 weeks and I'm finally doing it. @Fox pointed me in the right direction with a course on Youtube SEO and now I'm taking the dive.

Here's a summary of it before I get into the details:
  • Post a piece of content every single day for 120 days (in my case a Youtube video)
  • Help as many people as much as possible and don't hold back on the value
  • Answer every single comment/question
  • Systemize this as much as possible so my team take care of everything and I just need to finish the scripts and hit record on my camera
What is this?

It's a content creation challenge for myself where I am making 120 videos in 120 days that provide insane value to my audience. I'm not pitching some $3997 course with an automated webinar funnel, this is real value and people can take it and go execute everything with all the learnings I provide.

Why am I doing this?

To challenge my self-limiting beliefs and to build a personal brand with longevity.

I have never been a content creator. I've always had this self-limiting belief that I'm the guy behind the scenes that helps other people become successful and I just collect the income while I do this. I don't write blogs. I don't make videos. I always thought it would take too much time and I'm better off chasing short-term deals than investing in something that might pay off in 6-12+ months.
I also never wanted to be associated with the shady people in my niche. There's a lot of fake gurus showing off lambos, fat stacks and convincing poor sheep to spend $2k on terrible courses filled with hot air. Many doctor their screenshots and convince young-hopefuls to part with large sums of cash in the hopes of achieving the same results in unreasonable spaces of time.
People are now waking up to the Fake Gurus and are looking for some answers. They're looking for real advice that actually helps. I'm going to give the people what they want and I'm not going to charge a cent for it.

What are the videos about?

Ecommerce marketing with everything you need to build your store. Just value, value, value. Content that people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for but I'm giving it away all for free. Want to know how to set up all your email marketing flows in Klaviyo? I'll have my youtube playlist with the strategy, templates and a walkthrough of exactly how to set them up. Want to know how to set up profitable and scalable Google Shopping campaigns? It's all right there, in the Google Shopping playlist on my channel.

Why would I do this for free and not sell a course?

The more people I help, the more potential people that need my main business.
I'm helping beginners grow into competent Ecom store owners. If I'm the guy that's provided an insane level of value while they were learning the ropes then who's going to stand out when they need to free up their time and hand off their media buying in 1-3 years?
So, it's not 100% selfless here. Nothing is. But I have a different angle to many of the fake gurus because I'm not trying to make cash from courses on the front-end. It's a long-term game for me to build a brand that helps people so much that they'll come back (or tell people about my stuff) when they actually need my help. We love @Andy Black here in the FTF. He provides insane value and when those people have a friend that needs help on their Adwords, who do they recommend? Andy has put in the hard work, provided value and people trust him for that. I'm sure he enjoys it too, which is something I'm starting to do with this channel!

What authority do I have to teach this stuff?

I've grown several 7 figure stores. I helped my first client get their store online back in 2013. I used to manage some local markets in Sydney, Australia and I got tight with the store-holders. I learned their fears, frustrations, needs and wants. I helped my first store-holder get their clothing store online (onto Woocommerce) and designed and built everything myself (even borrowed my friends camera and took all the product photos!). Since then, I've been helping more business owners with their digital marketing and it's only in the last 3 years that I've honed in on Ecommerce and building a team that's really good at helping them scale. We've helped several stores scale to mid to high 7 figures with our marketing work and recently purchased and started growing our own store. I'm documenting the whole process on my channel as well. I was going to just document it here in the INSIDERS section but after thinking about this challenge I want to add it in here and provide the strategy to people watching my channel.

Why 120 days?

Doing it daily because I'll learn fast and fail faster. My first videos are going to suck. I'm still working out the camera, lighting, audio setup. As well as getting the script and editing process perfected. I think the first 30-100 videos are going to suck bad and I'd rather learn quickly at the start and get comfortable in front of the camera.
I've also been studying other channels and it looks like that right around the 100 video mark, channels really start to get some traction with Youtube's algorithm. That is, with my educational niche and targeting longer-tail keywords. Some channels can do well with a few videos but often they're focused on entertainment with higher production value. Miles Beckler (another Youtuber) started the same challenge a few years ago and he reported his results every month.

As part of my research, I graphed out his performance compared to the number of videos he made. Check out these graphs:
View attachment 33288
While he was posting daily and regularly for the first 120 days, his subscribers (and views were similar) shot off after 4-5 months. They increased exponentially regardless of his video output. He actually slowed down his video making output after the first 4 months and has seen an exponential increase in subscribers since. Now sitting at 134k subscribers. This guy is living proof. He's talked about this challenge a lot and inspired others to do the same.

Won't this take a lot of time?

Yep, but time is something I have in plentiful supply right now. My agency business is largely systemised and my team do everything. I just check in once per day. My ecom store is managed by my team so I'm just checking in on it daily. I'm also in lock down so otherwise I'm just twiddling my thumbs. Why not make the most of these months and build a foundation that could last for years?

My first video?

Here it is

I'll be updating my progress here regularly as I execute. If you have any questions or advice, please have at it!

Sounds interesting and I wish you luck!

I'll watch the first video and follow along.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Coolio - another YouTube progress thread! Subscribed. Good luck!

(Will come back and read this later. Only skimmed it as I was tagged. Thanks your kind words.)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice audit @Phikey. Nice first video on your channel too. More professional than most of mine, with the intro, outro, and end cards. I must admit I can't be bothered doing those. I'd have to outsource it to get it done.

We had a Turmeric client a while back, and had the same problem in that they were spending too much budget on the "turmeric" search term.

Lots of good stuff in the video.

You talk a bit fast maybe? Like you're trying to fit it all into as short amount of time as possible. Or is that your natural speed?

Also, maybe lose the swish sounds in all the jumpcuts at the start? Jumpcuts are fine without.

Nice end-screen template. That's smart having areas to put the subscribe and next videos. I'm guessing you don't have next videos setup yet and that's why the blank parts below?

I like that you're planning to post daily. If your channel is more focused then mine then you'll tell the YouTube algorithm that it's all about XYZ and it will help ranking.

Looking forward to when you do some Google Shopping campaigns. I'm not a big fan of creating and managing them.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Thanks @Andy Black !! I really appreciate all that feedback.

You talk a bit fast maybe? Like you're trying to fit it all into as short amount of time as possible. Or is that your natural speed?
Yes, I was thinking that when rewatching my footage and I'm glad someone else thinks so too. I need to slow down and stop trying to squeeze so much info into such a short space. I'm conscious of having really long videos but I think I just need to choose my words and make it so people can follow.

Also, maybe lose the swish sounds in all the jumpcuts at the start? Jumpcuts are fine without.
I was also thinking the same when watching it after publishing. It seemed fine during editing but once the video was live I realised how annoying and distracting this is.

Nice end-screen template. That's smart having areas to put the subscribe and next videos. I'm guessing you don't have next videos setup yet and that's why the blank parts below?
Yep! I'll be able to update them as soon as the next videos are up.

I like that you're planning to post daily. If your channel is more focused then mine then you'll tell the YouTube algorithm that it's all about XYZ and it will help ranking.
Yep, that's the plan. Really dialling in the content to a clear target audience to try to play to Youtube's algorithm. I have some good processes and batching set up so that making videos is very straightforward (VA does research, I write the script and film, editor edits it together, VA publishes). My big focus going to be on consistency. Getting this uploaded every single day and sticking to it for 120 days (at least).

Thanks for the feedback mate!! Much appreciated!

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I'm starting a YouTube channel soon, but think 120 videos in 120 days would be a bit much for me I still have a fulltime job :p

But let's help each other out & give each other feedback.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Day 2, video 2!
Videos: 2
Subscribers: 43

I've been getting some great feedback from friends also in this space and the sort of content they want to learn. It seems that a lot of people in Ecom are tied up with Amazon and feel like they don't have control over their brand. They want to get their store over to a standalone platform and grow it separately from Amazon or eBay so they have more control over their list and the buying experience.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Love it! Just from the beginning of your vid, I could tell this is gonna be a great channel.

Highly tempted to start a youtube channel myself so I'll definitely follow this new thread of yours, Phikey!

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Love it! Just from the beginning of your vid, I could tell this is gonna be a great channel.

Highly tempted to start a youtube channel myself so I'll definitely follow this new thread of yours, Phikey!
Thanks @fastattack03 !! I'm definitely giving this my all and I'm in for the long run here.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
His video editing kicks a$$.
All thanks to my fabulous editors!!! I've created a system so that my VA does the research, I refine the script, I press record and film it.. and then I just hand it off to the editor who puts it all together and makes it look great.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
All thanks to my fabulous editors!!! I've created a system so that my VA does the research, I refine the script, I press record and film it.. and then I just hand it off to the editor who puts it all together and makes it look great.

It's nice to outsource some parts of the process.

Is the research/scripting closely similar to writing an article? Or do you have different guidelines so it would sound and flow better on video?

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Is the research/scripting closely similar to writing an article? Or do you have different guidelines so it would sound and flow better on video?

It's pretty similar. The thing with videos is that it isn't like an article where you can slap someone's name on it and it's fine. If I'm filming the video then I need to be able to speak the content with authenticity. I need to really know the content well and be an expert. I want to build a relationship with my audience and if I just narrate a script that someone else wrote, it's never going to connect with the audience.
So my content manager basically researches the topic and compiles some info in a bullet point list. I can then go and write it out into a script using my own voice and my own knowledge. It cuts the script writing time in half but also produces quality content. I think it's the best of both worlds, in my situation.

Even for the research, I do need to point her in the right direction for where to go to find the info. It's definitely worth it though. We've been filming for 3 weeks and we have a mountain of videos in the queue, ready to be released.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Is it possible to share how much it costs to hire all your VAs? :p

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Haven't taken the time to go and watch but subbed regardless to support and follow your journey! (Also in the same market so I'm sure I'll find your content helpful + inspiring.
Kudos to you for going after it. Keep it up.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Is it possible to share how much it costs to hire all your VAs? :p
Yes! I pay video editors $30-$40 per video, and my content manager is $12 per hour.
Honestly, I'm investing quite a lot into this project but it's because I can use the profits from my agency to do so. I'm looking at this as a long-term-game. If I help people start and grow an ecom store and they become successful in 1-2 years then I'll have built a lot of trust with them and when they need someone to manage their marketing they'll be more likely to choose me. I'm not going to build a course anytime soon unless it's 100x better than all the other courses out there - and this space is incredibly competitive for courses. Everyone has started a dropshipping store and then are trying to sell a course on it.
I'm just going to help as many people as possible, build an audience and an email list, and learn what their biggest problems are and try to help them. Some of the more advanced viewers that have established stores might come to me as a lead for my agency, but I'm not expecting a lot.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Hi man your videos are very well done, I'd maybe consider having your own style, like something that people can remember after watching one of your videos.

There is a famous italian youtuber(not only) who's called montemagno, you see bookshelve and a bald head and you already know you've seen the guy.
Maybe instead of books keep some accessories, just give the background your own twist.

That was my 0,02 good luck!

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Hi man your videos are very well done, I'd maybe consider having your own style, like something that people can remember after watching one of your videos.

There is a famous italian youtuber(not only) who's called montemagno, you see bookshelve and a bald head and you already know you've seen the guy.
Maybe instead of books keep some accessories, just give the background your own twist.

That was my 0,02 good luck!
That's some really good advice. I was thinking about wearing a yellow beanie that I always wear and my team know me by it. I'll work something out! Thanks!

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
That's some really good advice. I was thinking about wearing a yellow beanie that I always wear and my team know me by it. I'll work something out! Thanks!
Exactly!
Also things like that provide for MEMEs, which sometimes can be viral.
Also I'd try to fit some entraitainment stuff here and there, like "24 H challenge: FROM ZERO TO SALES" etc.. like once a week something that potentially anyone would watch, to act as a catch, you know build some audience.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Day 2, video 2!
Videos: 2
Subscribers: 43

I've been getting some great feedback from friends also in this space and the sort of content they want to learn. It seems that a lot of people in Ecom are tied up with Amazon and feel like they don't have control over their brand. They want to get their store over to a standalone platform and grow it separately from Amazon or eBay so they have more control over their list and the buying experience.

Awesome stuff. Definitely subbed!

A few observations:
  • You may want to clean up that title screen. I had to rewatch it 2-3 times to see what it was saying.
  • That key sound effect at the beginning feels like I'm getting stabbed in the brain
Q:

Are you familiar with WooComm + Variable products -> MC? I can't for the life of me get the variable products to show price properly to the crawler.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 4, video 4.
Subscribers: 52
Good work. I watched this one but not the longer ones. Is 5 mins a good duration for them?

Personally, I prefer not having the swish noises as your logo comes in and comes out. It distracts from what you're saying.

You're doing a really good job speaking to camera and your pace is good. I was supposed to do videos like this so know how hard it is to write the script, read it and not fluff it, look at camera, be energetic, wave hands about but not too much. I bailed on it as it is damn hard work! And I don't want to have to be the guy on camera.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Also I'd try to fit some entraitainment stuff here and there, like "24 H challenge: FROM ZERO TO SALES" etc.. like once a week something that potentially anyone would watch, to act as a catch, you know build some audience.
I love this! And that's the plan. Right now I'm targeting keywords to bring in tutorial/how to traffic and I'm going to have more entertaining binge-worthy content (that also helps people) on there so that when they do check out my channel they stay around and subscribe.

Awesome stuff. Definitely subbed!

A few observations:
  • You may want to clean up that title screen. I had to rewatch it 2-3 times to see what it was saying.
  • That key sound effect at the beginning feels like I'm getting stabbed in the brain
Q:

Are you familiar with WooComm + Variable products -> MC? I can't for the life of me get the variable products to show price properly to the crawler.
Thanks for the sub! Wow, really good advice. I'm really glad I posted this thread. Yep, I see it now - I'm going to fix up the title screen and get rid of the sound effects.

Let me look into that for a new video!!! Great feedback and I had no idea that was such a problem.

Good work. I watched this one but not the longer ones. Is 5 mins a good duration for them?

Personally, I prefer not having the swish noises as your logo comes in and comes out. It distracts from what you're saying.

You're doing a really good job speaking to camera and your pace is good. I was supposed to do videos like this so know how hard it is to write the script, read it and not fluff it, look at camera, be energetic, wave hands about but not too much. I bailed on it as it is damn hard work! And I don't want to have to be the guy on camera.

Thanks Andy! I think I'm getting better at speaking right at the camera which is good. I can see a clear difference in the videos from the first ones to the once I filmed this week (I've filmed 45 videos now and they're in the editing/schedule phase so that I'm well ahead with the challenge and I am just putting out videos one per day).
Yep, noted on the swish noises, I'll fix them up for future videos.

Man, so glad I posted this thread. I'm getting really quick feedback on my 'product' that would have taken months if I waited for people to comment within Youtube.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
I'm testing out different lengths. For these ecom marketing videos, a lot of videos by others are getting a lot of traction when they are 1+ hours long. I think if I'm providing value throughout then people will stay on for the long haul - especially if it's a very targeted video towards a specific problem that the person searched for on Youtube rather than just stumbling upon it via the suggestions in the sidebar. I'll see how they go!

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
It's a huge thorn in WooComm users, and results are limited. Feel free to DM me and I can share more details as long as it's kept under wraps.
Thanks @ApparentHorizon , just sent you a DM. Looking forward to learning more about this problem and how I can get to the bottom of it for you and other ecom store owners.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Andy! I think I'm getting better at speaking right at the camera which is good. I can see a clear difference in the videos from the first ones to the once I filmed this week (I've filmed 45 videos now and they're in the editing/schedule phase so that I'm well ahead with the challenge and I am just putting out videos one per day).
Yep, noted on the swish noises, I'll fix them up for future videos.

Man, so glad I posted this thread. I'm getting really quick feedback on my 'product' that would have taken months if I waited for people to comment within Youtube.
That's the beauty of churning out quantity. You get into a rhythm and you're quality increases quickly. It reminds me of that story of how the pottery students tasked with make as many pots as possible created better pots than the students tasked with making the best pot possible.

Saying that, Valier's thread is interesting too where he is going for quality over quantity:

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Agree with Andy, do what Valier is doing.

Also, just watched one of your videos. Title is way too long- why not just "Grow your online store in 30 days"( or whatever the time period)

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Agree with Andy, do what Valier is doing.

Thanks for the feedback @daftypunk

I've been watching Valier's youtube thread and it is working really well for him. Youtube is loving his videos, they play so well to the algorithm and he's got a lot of traction, really fast. He's monetizing with ads and that's a fantastic strategy. My videos will never be monetized. I'm not trying to make money on the front end or get 1,000,000 subscribers or views on my videos. I'm focused on helping a smaller number of people with specific problems. I want to build up trust and create a very strong resource of how-tos and knowledge.

My goal is not the total number of eyeballs, that's not my success here. I'm very focused on helping a specific group. I'd much rather have 100 true fans that trust and want my expertise rather than 100,000 eyeballs that watch my videos for entertainment. Later I'll get into the entertainment videos and mix them in. It's going to be a balance.

Also, just watched one of your videos. Title is way too long- why not just "Grow your online store in 30 days"( or whatever the time period)
That's a general video and one I'll probably make later. The current titles are super targeted towards what people are looking for. It won't be thousands of people per video, but if I have 100 videos and they're each helping 500 people solve a particular problem then I've solved 50,000 problems and impacted A LOT of people in a very positive way.

It's 4 days in and I have 18 new subscribers. It doesn't sound like much but that's 18 people out there that saw a video and saw value out of subscribing and getting more content. That's mind blowing to me and I'm keen to see what happens over the next 116 days.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.