The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YOUTUBE 120 days: Post a video everyday (Feedback please)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
i read a post on this FTF about 120 days challenge on youtube and posting 1 video every single day

same i am gonna repeat it and discuss all the negative and positive experiences

this is day 1
so what i am gonna do , this week i started a channel named doxtory which posts documentary videos and short form content
and i have posted 2 videos on it but from now day 1 i will do it more systematically and consistently

what am gonna post
i will be posting documentary videos which take a hell lot of time let me break down the process for you

if i am making a video i assume that it will take 40 hours approx
3 hrs topic research
10 hours script
and rest to editing

and i a day there are only 24 hours
my plan is to make videos on already made topics that are old but evergreen so that my audience can watch it
that way i can make research and scripting in 3 hrs max and editing 8 hrs

currently i have a lot of time i have nothing to do and will be solely dependent on youtube for money and i also not monetized yet

it is the best option for me because i dont have money to invest in business or sidehustles
i have an old channel which was going to be monetized but it never happened and got a copyright strike
i ahve attached some screen shots of my old and new channel
1708405335635.png
1708405373486.png1708405392113.png

this is my new channel

1708405456898.png

i started this 3 days ago
if want to see my progress i will post an update daily on FTF

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
This is an Update of My Day 1 of 120 days

when i started day 1
the first thing i realised is, What to make either i should copy paste or do something unique or make something unique and if i want to make something unique it will take time more than 10 hours or so

the second thought was either i should go for quality or quantity of videos
posting a high quality video is a time taking process, will i be able to complete it.

maintaining quality and quantity is a hard task and how am i supposed to post 1 video every day,
Then this thought came - that if i post 100 videos in 100 days with 100 views each it will 10k views
and if i post 10 videos in 100 days that is high quality and designed for retention and each video gets 10k views then it 100k views

then i thought i will do both i will post each day a high quality video , each gets 10 k views that's a million views

and sfter 2 hours i found my self blank with no ideas no nothing then
i scheduled a short 40 sec video which i completed under 2 hours and after that i got disctracted for 5 hours (nice way to make money)
still the day is not over i am scripting a new video that could get 10 k views
on day 2

what is the thing i could have done better. and what would you do if you were me

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

when i started day 1
the first thing i realised is, What to make either i should copy paste or do something unique or make something unique and if i want to make something unique it will take time more than 10 hours or so

posting a high quality video is a time taking process, will i be able to complete it.

maintaining quality and quantity is a hard task and how am i supposed to post 1 video every day,
Then this thought came - that if i post 100 videos in 100 days with 100 views each it will 10k views
and if i post 10 videos in 100 days that is high quality and designed for retention and each video gets 10k views then it 100k views

then i thought i will do both i will post each day a high quality video , each gets 10 k views that's a million views

i scheduled a short 40 sec video which i completed under 2 hours and after that i got disctracted for 5 hours (nice way to make money)
on day 2

what is the thing i could have done better. and what would you do if you were me

Are you using AI to generate the video?

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Are you using AI to generate the video?
no i am actually doing all the stuff by myself from scripting to editing all by myself ai could of great help but i dont use them because it is identifiable that it was written by ai and some ai's are paid

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
no i am actually doing all the stuff by myself from scripting to editing all by myself ai could of great help but i dont use them because it is identifiable that it was written by ai and some ai's are paid

I know you're doing the scripting, I was talking about the video. Are you filming it all yourself as well? Or is it just screen recordings?

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I know you're doing the scripting, I was talking about the video. Are you filming it all yourself as well? Or is it just screen recordings?
I am not filming them neither screen recording or using ai videos , I mainly use stock footages and motion graphics also movie footages and some footages or clips from youtube ,

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Update of Day 2 :
today i realised that its hard to make high quality and quantity at the same time so i decided to make 1 short video/reel per day and 1 long video that is over 10 min long

in the next 120 days i will make 17 long videos and 120 short videos,
my channel is 4 days old and i have total 253 views

today i wrote 7 scripts for the next 7 vids and completely edited 2 of them

on day 3 i will start working on long videos

i did get distracted but got into reliasation that i have goals to complete
i also got burntout and by today i got addicted to burnouts whenver i get burnout my head hurts i get sleepy tired that's when i realise that i am going to breakthrough

meet you at day 3

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
He pass he passed cleaners this is the three of the challenge and today I realised that what I am doing is wrong

The way I approach my problems is totally wrong and the path I'm working on his wrong so recently I read by James journey on fastlyn forum and I realise that key I am totally wrong my way to approach in the problems I am facing is totally I realise that now from now I am I will be posting 7 days 1 video I will long video of 20 minutes or 30 minutes in 7 days and one shot video until now I was doing one video everyday when short video everyday and I was complete or not I was simply now I was facing and different different problems every time everything and I didn't have time too much time to thank this is why I will now so long video and one shot video every seven days everyday I will be posting 17 short videos and 17 long videos this will give me time to make the videos perfect motion design them this will give me time to sound design and make the best of the best content available on youtube

And do not criticize this because I am currently voice typing this so do not get decides the grammar in this please

Today I I decided that key I will be posting shorts everyday this week and fully from the next week I'll be start working on I will start working on the long videos because this week I didn't I am not have any time and I also decided it I need to play of my weaknesses and play my strongest cards at the first I need to make my cards from her I need to make stronger I need to make my sound designing voice over any skill that I have I need to skiller and this is this not like that you can skill up one weeks

mattes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2024

when i started day 1

on day 2

Hey! I am posting 2-3 long videos on YT every week. Plus 4-5 shorts.

I just signed up for VidIQ to do some SEO research for my future videos!

Currently, I pay my editor $700/m for help.

Let's grow!

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Hey! I am posting 2-3 long videos on YT every week. Plus 4-5 shorts.

I just signed up for VidIQ to do some SEO research for my future videos!

Currently, I pay my editor $700/m for help.

Let's grow!
I am running my channel solo
So it's hard to upload dailyl

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
UPDATE DAY 3 -

usually i post on night or at the end of the day but today is different i am posting this at day 4
i realised i was just slacking off my work
i am back to my old habbits
i was watching yt shorts/long vids, reels
and wasted my whole day my screentime was 10hrs and usually it is 4 hrs a day

on day 2 i scheduled 7 scripts and edited audio for 3 of them and fully edited 2 of 3 videos
but on day 3 i realised that i was slacking off on editing quality just putting some stock videos in order no sfx no graphics/motion graphics and i quickly throwed all the 7 scripts in bin and i thought i will practice editing tricks and some new effects but at the end of the day i was watching reels, shorts videos and back to my old habbits i even watched a movie (forest gump) .

day 4 i am planning to make a long video
and do some preprations for the video

that's all

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Update day 4, 5 and 6

i dont know why but the TFF site was not working i thought i was banned
but thankfully, i am writing this update

i these days i am struggling with satying with one descision like doing one thing
like on day 1 i decide to post a video on south korea (incomplete)
then on day 3 idk but but i thought it would not fit my channel best so i change it to a short video and decided to make a video on hitler and now today i decided to change it to a short video too, at that time when i decided to make that video, i thought my descsion was right but now making it to a short video seems perfect and this way my descisions keep changing

idk how can i solve this problem
but this i am focusing on short videos
but i think making short videos is waste of time

i am still struggiling to make a descision on what videos to make
on day 1 i decided to post 1 long video (8 mins +)every day this is day 6 i only posted 4 short videos

now i changed it to 1 long and 1 short video every 7 days
still this is day 6 and i cant figure out a long video

now i am focusing on just laser focusing on one thing and only one thing to make a long video that is not just random crap

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Hey guys this is day 7
I haven't achieved much a single video is not uploaded after day 4
I am working but I don't know why time is so fast I am trying my best to make a video
But ..... (Excuses )

At last this is day 7 of my success story
That I am writing now through my actions

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
So today i realised the value of converting zero to one
there are so many thingsgoing into my mind
i want to grow yt channel , i want to make a we design business, cofee shop , read 200 + books do this do that ........
and i decide to just focus on one thing and do what needs to be done

just one thing, at a time

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
and also i will not be posting daily updates rather i will post about every video posted in my channel what problem i faced and how i solved them ,

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I recently started a youtube challenge for 120 days and only posted 7- 8 videos and I don't know why but I don't feel progress

I feel stuck

I documented 7 days in my 120days challenge
Here - SOCIAL MEDIA - YOUTUBE 120 days - what happens if i post a video everyday

I am still continuing the challenge but the
Script edit the whole process of making video is taking som much time that the future projects are delayed and continue to get delayed

I can't produce a video every day that I want to
I have lost count of days now

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I recently started a youtube challenge for 120 days and only posted 7- 8 videos and I don't know why but I don't feel progress

I feel stuck

I documented 7 days in my 120days challenge
Here - SOCIAL MEDIA - YOUTUBE 120 days - what happens if i post a video everyday

I am still continuing the challenge but the
Script edit the whole process of making video is taking som much time that the future projects are delayed and continue to get delayed

I can't produce a video every day that I want to
I have lost count of days now
Focus on quality > quantity and you will have a much more fulfilling experience. No idea why you're even trying to do this.

Also, what the hell is up with your description on your video, and why is it only like a minute long? You should look at LEMMINO on youtube for inspiration as he has mastered his craft.

You should also be choosing topics that nobody has gotten around to. Do some thorough research on your own and come up with something unique.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
There is no purpose to your channel. Who is the intended audience?

The man who let Hitler live.

How does a watch know what time it is?

What if there is poison in your alcohol?

These are all rather random topics and there is no connection.

What are you actually interested in as a person. And focus on that.

Dan

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Probably because creating YouTube videos just for the sake of creating them is not a business. What value do your videos provide? Odds are, the answer is zero because you're trying to skip steps in the business process.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We don't need two threads which chronicle your YouTube efforts.

Thread merged.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Focus on quality > quantity and you will have a much more fulfilling experience. No idea why you're even trying to do this.

Also, what the hell is up with your description on your video, and why is it only like a minute long? You should look at LEMMINO on youtube for inspiration as he has mastered his craft.

You should also be choosing topics that nobody has gotten around to. Do some thorough research on your own and come up with something unique.
Hi thanks for giving feedback,
First - I am following quality over quantity because by focusing on quality it help me create a better video although it is slow but it's worth the time , I had a channel in past in which I used pump out 10 short videos a day and it was also quiet a hectic but the results were good too, I was doing 10k views a week and one got 100k views a month from short video then I stoped posting on that channel because of a copyright strike and had to delete some video from that channel and then some things came up and now that channel is dead

I choose quality over quantity because if I make 100 videos that get 100 views it will 10k views
But if I put the effort of just 10 videos in one I could get 10k views

Second - it's not like that I don't like writing description of my videos but long story short it I was making a short video that shows a story of a man named Henry tandey who spared Hitler's life while in WW1 , I was editing that video and I found that this video is exceeding the short limit of 60 seconds , so thought to upload it to channel so that one who wants to watch can watch it , rather than commenting that the video is incomplete

Third - I looked at lemmino's channel and I am a fan of his craft and inspired by him but my skill level does not match his skill level , If I would rate his craft its 10/10 meanwhile mine would be 3/10 so there is so much to learn for me and improve my craft

Lastly my video ideas so these are the videos I planned
- The billionaire chuck feeny who donated it all
- The East India company
- the man who sold moon
- and the fraudster Columbus
And many more but currently I remember only these
If you would like give feedback feel free , I am always eager to learn.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
Probably because creating YouTube videos just for the sake of creating them is not a business. What value do your videos provide? Odds are, the answer is zero because you're trying to skip steps in the business process.
Hi thanks for your feedback,
I am thankful for your opinion but
I think I lack data , I don't have enough videos to provide value
I totally agree with you
But I think in order to skip steps I need to take at least some steps I only posted 7 vids
And most of the videos are shorts
I posted them to test my audience and to gather data so that I can post long videos to some people who could watch the long vids and the short video are posted just get the idea what the audience is and their response time to sfx no sfx and added effects or animation

And another factor is voice simply the audio in the videos

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
There is no purpose to your channel. Who is the intended audience?

The man who let Hitler live.

How does a watch know what time it is?

What if there is poison in your alcohol?

These are all rather random topics and there is no connection.

What are you actually interested in as a person. And focus on that.

Dan
Hi thanks for your opinion
I am actually trying to figure out that question

That who is my audience ?

And these videos are just videos I made out of curiosity to get some data to figure out audience

I actually started this channel to make documentary style content
And still I am figuring out my audience

Also I don't know who Dan is

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
This is day 24 - twenty four
yeah i know form day 7 to day 24 a great jump right

i completed a video script and i am telling you its only 1 script in 14 days and i was complaining about not having enough time yup i know and also i did not uploaded any videos to the channel

so far its been not nice, and also started to read books and read war of art
and the problem i am facing is resistance

those who don't know resistance - read war of art
i learned a lot from this book

i did not achieve much

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I LOST THE COUNT OF HOW MANY DAYS HAVE BEEN PASSED SINCE I STARTED THIS CHANNEL

i finally realised the feeling when u work hard for a month and earn money and something snatches it away from you, i saved up for 2 months to buy a mic to improve my vids , but it got away (i'll buy it next month)

today
i realised that i was doing nothing in the past 20 days i have not made any progress but i am working 6 hrs 8hrs a day

i am geting a feeling of stuck

idk but i am tired of this feeling but whenver i get this feeling i also feel like i am gonna break through to the next level of the game

that's right i am gonna RESTART.
I WILL BECOME A POSTAGE STAMP. AND STICK TO THIS DREAM UNTIL I GET TO MY DESTINATION

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.