The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't sleep on giving value for free

Marketing, social media, advertising

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have been building out a social media following over the last few months, and things are going alright up until this point.

My old sales funnel used to have a lead magnet, and once the prospect entered their email on the landing page, they would get the free information product and then enter my email series.

I made one small change a couple of days ago, by giving them an option to pay at the top of the funnel if they wanted.

It seems to be working as I just made a sale off my free product.

Small tiny changes can give you some positive results, so don't be afraid to switch things up!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Congrats on the sale! What're you selling?

I'm not selling anything at this stage, but I have buyers waiting for me to sell something.
They want to give me money, but I'm not ready as yet.

I told them the product is at least a few months away as yet.

I will sell Information Products, as well as having my own paid community.

Amongst other things.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I feel they will buy whatever I sell at this point, to be honest.

Here are some cool email subject lines I found that you guys might find useful.

Swipe is also a useful resource for marketing and copy inspiration. link below

Last edited:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I'm not selling anything at this stage, but I have buyers waiting for me to sell something.
They want to give me money, but I'm not ready as yet.

I told them the product is at least a few months away as yet.

I will sell Information Products, as well as having my own paid community.

Amongst other things.

Sounds like a plan, FB seems very powerful for marketing information products.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like a plan, FB seems very powerful for marketing information products.

With Instagram and Facebook, the visual aspect is essential.

It's more than just putting up an ad, well maybe not in all cases, but I find I have an engaged following because I try to message every one of my followers when they follow me.

This is getting more difficult, though, and is getting harder to keep on top of.

Trust is important, I think.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I have been building out a social media following over the last few months, and things are going alright up until this point.

My old sales funnel used to have a lead magnet, and once the prospect entered their email on the landing page, they would get the free information product and then enter my email series.

I made one small change a couple of days ago, by giving them an option to pay at the top of the funnel if they wanted.

It seems to be working as I just made a sale off my free product.

Small tiny changes can give you some positive results, so don't be afraid to switch things up!
I`m not really familiar with sales funnels.
What do you mean by option to pay at the top of the funnel?
Pay for what?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Pay for what?
Typically the top of a sales funnel involves the prospect taking action. They could fill in a Contact-Us form, call a number, book an appointment, enter their email address to get a “lead magnet”.

Often that first action doesn’t require they get their credit card out. Sometimes it does.

I think @Timmy C is saying he’s added the option for people to pay him when they get added to his funnel.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I would bet 100% on this thinking.

Instead of throwing something at the market and seeing if someone pays for it. How about just solving a problem for free. It will be easier to get feedback and the lifetime value of any customer would be worth a brick of gold.

Instead of thinking about entrepreneurship in terms of duffel bags stuffed with cash and sleazy marketing. How about just trying to solve a problem or create something as if you had that problem.

A lot of great companies started like this. Do something, do anything, even for free.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Instead of throwing something at the market and seeing if someone pays for it. How about just solving a problem for free. It will be easier to get feedback and the lifetime value of any customer would be worth a brick of gold.

Instead of thinking about entrepreneurship in terms of duffel bags stuffed with cash and sleazy marketing. How about just trying to solve a problem or create something as if you had that problem.

A lot of great companies started like this. Do something, do anything, even for free.

I find a lot of the time, you are solving a problem people don't know they have.

This is where copywriting and AIDA come into play.

I don't think it has to be a high problem either and you can sell to people's wants.

If it helps people with something, anything, then you just might have something.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Pay for what?

Basically, what Andy said.

A lead magnet is something you offer that is free and attractive enough for someone to give you their email address.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019

This seems to be an increasingly common way of thinking in the entrepreneurial communities. As a marketing consultant I love it because it has increased the amount of people needing my services to the point where I am booked out pretty far into next year.

Yes, solve a problem and then give the solution away for free! Then once you are making no money and wonder why, hire me so I can give you some common sense advice. It’s perfectly fine to expect to get paid when you provide value for others. Free lead magnets are one thing but so many entrepreneurs are giving away the entire farm for free.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
This seems to be an increasingly common way of thinking in the entrepreneurial communities. As a marketing consultant I love it because it has increased the amount of people needing my services to the point where I am booked out pretty far into next year.

Yes, solve a problem and then give the solution away for free! Then once you are making no money and wonder why, hire me so I can give you some common sense advice. It’s perfectly fine to expect to get paid when you provide value for others. Free lead magnets are one thing but so many entrepreneurs are giving away the entire farm for free.

A lead magnet is just enough to get the email.

Nothing more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.