The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This is my accountability group. I’ve yelled, I’ve laughed, I’ve cried. Ppl are still liking my posts. It’s nice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Day 5 of 75 Hard. Best day yet by far.

I'm on day 6 of Keto. Yesterday I was kind of low energy. It was weird because it came in waves. I would feel tired then I would get up to go somewhere and feel normal. Maybe it was sleep or the fact that I'm cutting calories in addition to cutting carbs.

Today I slept an extra hour and have had more energy than I have in years. I seriously feel like I did when I was 10. I'm even wiggling around in my chair when I work because I can't sit still. I think my body has finally kicked into ketosis. Also, a little coffee goes a long ways now. One cup is almost too much. Adrenaline related? Who knows.

I'm also starting to relish in the challenge. I've learned that my lazy tendencies come from the fact that everything has always come easy for me. Being naturally talented at everything has made me into a soft a$$ motherfcker. I've always been able to slack and still succeed. But never anywhere near my potential.

I listened to Andy's podcast Execution Over Emotion and it clicked for me. I'm really bad at "doing it anyway", which is why I'm doing this challenge. Now that I've put it into words it's got a lot easier for me to stay focused on getting shit done and not slacking. I'm now openly looking for those times where my mind tells me I don't want to do something and I "Do it F*cking anyways."

It's a really great feeling and I can feel the self-confidence swelling already.

I track all this stuff on a notepad and my diet on Myfitnesspal so I make sure I don't F*ck up. I'm seriously aiming to crush this challenge first try. No compromises. It's not as much because I don't want to start over as I want to stay true to myself from now on.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I feel great, consistent energy levels throughout the day. No brain fog, no 3pm slump also stopped drinking coffee. I've played around with meal frequency and intermittent fasting in the past. But just began integrating this again a week ago. Since I started the programme my diet has been something like this:

Meal 1 (1 pm)
4 eggs, 1 sweet potato, avocado, sauerkraut

Meal 2 (11pm)
~3lbs ground beef, 2 sweet potatoes, sauerkraut

Now that my goals have changed I've also changed my diet. I want to focus on getting leaner so I've cut out carbs and reduced my meal frequency. Eating mostly red meat (this includes organ meats) and fermented sauerkraut to aid with digestion. I've done this in the past and it's worked well. The reason I'm eating so late is just because I train until 9.30. And if you know anything about Jiu Jitsu we sit around the mats after training for an hour gossiping ha.

I wouldn't recommend it for long term athletic performance. But then I wouldn't recommend any 'diet' long term. I think that's one of the big problems with how people eat. It becomes dogmatic and the proponents of veganism, Keto etc. Refuse to believe any other diet has any validity. You wouldn't workout the same exact way everyday would you? No of course not otherwise you'd cause serious imbalances in your body.

I'm building up to the point of doing regular 48 hour fasts. Right now obviously I'm just doing 24 hours. I honestly haven't experienced any drawbacks other than possible reduced athletic performance. But as of yet I feel good on the mat.

The benefits so far have been:
- eat less food. And if you believe Michio Kaku reduced caloric consumption is the best predictor for longevity i.e. If stop shoving food down your gullet you may live longer
- spend less money on food
- no food prep ( fry a couple of steaks in the evening)
- Freedom. Most people go through their days constantly thinking about their next meal. With their energy and motivation swinging back and forth based on what and when they've eaten. Wouldn't you like more mental capacity to dedicate to business/family/xbox? Jk

Anyway, do it if your interested. Don't do it if your not. Interesting side note, almost every religion and traditional culture practices some form of purposeful prolonged fasting.
I want to try a fast. Last year I had food poisoning and didn't eat anything except water for 3 days. I swear to god, the 4th day when I had fully recovered was the best I have felt in 10 years lol. And weirdly I wasn't famished or starving.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
I want to try a fast.

I'll be doing a 48 hour fast starting Sunday night. I'll post an update on how I feel. Right now the 24 hour fast is easy to be honest and is working quite well. So I'm excited to see if there's additional benefits or perhaps drawbacks to extending this. That's right I'm excited to not eat for 2 days lol.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Back to day one.

The meal prep service I used had a dessert with it - which I ate.
Weak behaviour justified with some nonsense.

Look someone reading this thread might be like "who cares about eating one dessert - you have been doing great". But that is where it starts. First, it is a dessert, then its a day off, then it's a few days off and some beers, then it is an "easy month or two", next you are right back where you were a few years ago.

I know cause I have lived like that for ten years - make progress, tapper off and enjoy myself too much, then end up back where I started. I have gotten much better but its still my biggest issue.

I know I got the "skills" to be a multimillionaire. I can see ways to deliver massive value, I can help others and make a big impact, I love to work and enjoy the process. But yet I am not. Why? Discipline.

Discipline to control my thoughts and my actions. To say NO when I need to. To make a sacrifice NOW so I can see real progress later. I committed to 75 days with no sugary food or desserts and I failed. If I can't do something that simple how am I going to manage the temptation that will come massive success? I probably won't which is why I have historically always stalled once I get over 100k a year - I get comfortable.

That is why I get so pissed at people on here trying to modify this challenge. You don't even see that is where it starts. I relate to it cause I did that also - it's just one, it's nearly the same, it kinda counts, I can start tomorrow, at least I am not doing _____.

Next thing a few years have gone by and you are wondering what the hell happened. Where are all those big goals you were working on? They fell through the 10,000 gaps you created when you BS'd yourself daily.

Your big goals are they massive things that you can prop up with a bit of work here and there. They are made of sand and any little gaps you make they are going to slip through.

And I am DONE HAVING GAPS FOR THINGS TO SLIP THROUGH.

> If you are modifying this challenge in ANY way you need to start again properly
> If you are leaving ANY gaps for things to get through you need to 100% fix them NOW
> If you think this challenge is nonsense yet still haven't made that much progress over the last year then maybe you need to rethink things

I don't like coming on here posting this stuff and showing everyone I failed but I just think it is what I need to do to fix this stuff. For good. And I hope it gets someone else to take action also.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Back to day one.

Look someone reading this thread might be like "who cares about eating one dessert - you have been doing great". But that is where it starts. First, it is a dessert, then its a day off, then it's a few days off and some beers, then it is an "easy month or two", next you are right back where you were a few years ago.

I know cause I have lived like that for ten years - make progress, tapper off and enjoy myself too much, then end up back where I started. I have gotten much better but its still my biggest issue.

I know I got the "skills" to be a multimillionaire. I can see ways to deliver massive value, I can help others and make a big impact, I love to work and enjoy the process. But yet I am not. Why? Discipline.

Discipline to control my thoughts and my actions. To say NO when I need to. To make a sacrifice NOW so I can see real progress later. I committed to 75 days with no sugary food or desserts and I failed. If I can't do something that simple how am I going to manage the temptation that will come massive success? I probably won't which is why I have historically always stalled once I get over 100k a year - I get comfortable.

That is why I get so pissed at people on here trying to modify this challenge. You don't even see that is where it starts. I relate to it cause I did that also - it's just one, it's nearly the same, it kinda counts, I can start tomorrow, at least I am not doing _____.

Next thing a few years have gone by and you are wondering what the hell happened. Where are all those big goals you were working on? They fell through the 10,000 gaps you created when you BS'd yourself daily.

Your big goals are they massive things that you can prop up with a bit of work here and there. They are made of sand and any little gaps you make they are going to slip through.

> If you are modifying this challenge in ANY way you need to start again properly
> If you are leaving ANY gaps for things to get through you need to 100% fix them NOW
> If you think this challenge is nonsense yet still haven't made that much progress over the last year then maybe you need to rethink things

I don't like coming on here posting this stuff and showing everyone I failed but I just think it is what I need to do to fix this stuff. For good. And I hope it gets someone else to take action also.
Listening to the MFCEO podcast on the 2 workouts has helped me a tonne. Biggest nugget of gold I got was today when he mentioned something like, you can spend all the time and money in the world on courses and masterminds but unless you start at the bottom with your discipline and getting 80, 90, 100% of what you're capable of.. trouble. This is easily the most important thing in my life right now.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks for putting me onto this and telling your story along the way @Fox

When I first saw you put it up, I was seriously like, F*ck, not another life hack / fitness challenge haha why can't people just be happy sometimes. But now I see how different it is and how damn weak I was, and that it's easily the number 1 thing holding me back.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for putting me onto this and telling your story along the way @Fox

When I first saw you put it up, I was seriously like, F*ck, not another life hack / fitness challenge haha why can't people just be happy sometimes. But now I see how different it is and how damn weak I was, and that it's easily the number 1 thing holding me back.

That is great to see you on board and making progress.

Ya, I hope my posts in this thread make sense but maybe it will only connect fully with people going through something similar. I have done enough and have had enough at this stage to know there is only one thing between me and my goals - me.

This is a challenge to get me back on track.

I want to help others as much as possible but that requires that I get myself working to my own full potential also.

That is the reason for my tone/approach in this thread - no more excuses. It is about taking direct action on the internal weak points you know are holding you back in life.

The main person I shout at in this thread is me ha!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I'm curious what went through your head when you decided to eat it. I don't mean it in a disapproving way or anything like that, just curious why you did it despite knowing that you've already had so many successful days behind you.

Did you know that it would end your challenge and ate it anyway? Did you tell yourself that this one time wouldn't mean the end of the challenge? Were you completely unaware? Were you pissed off at something and thought "screw it, I don't care"?

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Back to day one.
Damn, you were almost halfway through... So sorry for you, mate!

"who cares about eating one dessert - you have been doing great"
That's exactly what 99% of my friends don't get. "You're being too strict!" or "You can't just cut sweets/alcohol out of your diet, it will be too hard. Reduce it over time instead."
And that's exactly when I know I'm on the right track, haha!

BTW, that's another great thing I learned. It's quite hard for me to stick to the challenge when I'm away or with other people.
  • Everyone's having a beer, why don't I?
  • How do I tell my grandma that I won't eat the pie she's been baking the whole morning?
  • Will I look silly swimming in the lake for 45 mins while others are chilling out on the beach, drinking beer and watching?
Which means I care too much about the opinion of others, even with such small things.

I also noticed an increase in my awareness. It's much easier for me to notice I'm wasting time/procrastinating now.

---

Guys and gals, we can will all do it!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm curious what went through your head when you decided to eat it. I don't mean it in a disapproving way or anything like that, just curious why you did it despite knowing that you've already had so many successful days behind you.

Did you know that it would end your challenge and ate it anyway? Did you tell yourself that this one time wouldn't mean the end of the challenge? Were you completely unaware? Were you pissed off at something and thought "screw it, I don't care"?

Good question.

I "sold" myself on thinking it was fine - which it wasn't.

So first off it's from a healthy food prep business...yo dude then it's healthy even if it is dessert

Second, it was in Polish so I didn't know what it was fully till I opened the packet... hey its open now and it is a waste to throw it in the bin

Third, it was I was doing so well I thought it would be fine. I know that kinda don't make sense but the brain logic was... hey you have been working hard and this is just a little treat. it is a healthy dessert, you don't have to throw it away, and you are still on track. It doesn't count.

I sold myself on a short cut/easy route and I bought it.

It took a few hours to actually be like - hey hold on that was 100% a dessert and completely what you promised not to be eating. WTF did you do.

The takeaway lesson is having very clear standards and boundaries as to what is acceptable. Also to stop way before you even get close to crossing the line. DONT PLAY ON THE LINE!

Cause your mind will look for gaps when it is weak and make it seem like it is fine. If you are trying to stop X then don't let yourself get anywhere close to where X is even a temptation.

I got too close to the line and it just took a moment for my brain to cross it. That dessert should have been throw in the bin outside the prep service business before I even walked it home.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Good question.

I "sold" myself on thinking it was fine - which it wasn't.

So first off it's from a healthy food prep business...yo dude then it's healthy even if it is dessert

Second, it was in Polish so I didn't know what it was fully till I opened the packet... hey its open now and it is a waste to throw it in the bin

Third, it was I was doing so well I thought it would be fine. I know that kinda don't make sense but the brain logic was... hey you have been working hard and this is just a little treat. it is a healthy dessert, you don't have to throw it away, and you are still on track. It doesn't count.

I sold myself on a short cut/easy route and I bought it.

It took a few hours to actually be like - hey hold on that was 100% a dessert and completely what you promised not to be eating. WTF did you do.

The takeaway lesson is having very clear standards and boundaries as to what is acceptable. Also to stop way before you even get close to crossing the line. DONT PLAY ON THE LINE!

Cause your mind will look for gaps when it is weak and make it seem like it is fine. If you are trying to stop X then don't let yourself get anywhere close to where X is even a temptation.

I got too close to the line and it just took a moment for my brain to cross it. That dessert should have been throw in the bin outside the prep service business before I even walked it home.

Oh dude. I feel your pain.
Back to day one.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!! Dammit!!!! Ughhhhh crap. Crap.

All the emojis. Oh man!!

And yes, dude who lives on opposite side of the world in a place I’ll prolly never see.. most of us are taking action on this thing because of you prompting us to check it out in the first place. You being genuine helps us to remember to hold the standard; you admitting failure keeps us honest. I haven’t studied leadership books for fifteen years to not recognize the qualities when I find them. You COULD be a multimillionaire!

We’re gonna finish this thing the right way. Hugs man.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Ok, I'm not that far in but have to restart from day 1.

In my diet section, I cut out instant coffee. The nasty stuff lazy people drink at home lol. I had been down to just one long black in the morning from a cafe where I do my morning beach run. The reality is, I should have cut out coffee altogether. I know a long black is better for me than a latte or cappucino so kinda fooled myself into thinking this was ok. The reason I only excluded instant coffee was because of how much of that crap I was drinking. I thought it would be ok to just have one coffee from a cafe every day.

Anyway, I've just started a casual job that goes from midnight to 8am every sunday night/monday morning because it pays well and will allow me to put it towards my business I'm just getting off the ground. As I was getting the large cappuccino to keep me awake for this shift, it was going through my head "is this going to boot me out of the challenge?" It's god damn funny what the mind comes up with when it's trying to justify something haha. But deep down, which I realise about an hour later, coffee (especially milky coffees) are a big problem for me. I definitely don't have control over it. Which by default, especially being a food, puts me out and back to square 1.

My advice to anyone looking at starting is to really have a good, hard think about what you consider inside the rules and out. Leave no grey area. If something still falls in a grey area and makes you think, or try to justify it - most likely you failed.

On the positive side, I'm really surprised that I haven't craved alcohol for even a millisecond since starting. I was in a bad routine the last 6 months of having 2 to 4, to the occasional 6 beers every night, which is not something I've ever done. I was kinda worried I may have a problem if I was going back to that every night without fail. But it was by far the easiest habit to break. I haven't even thought about it. Coffee is going to kill me though.

I swear, I was so uber confident that this was going to be done in one attempt lol.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Damn, you were almost halfway through... So sorry for you, mate!

That's exactly what 99% of my friends don't get. "You're being too strict!" or "You can't just cut sweets/alcohol out of your diet, it will be too hard. Reduce it over time instead."
And that's exactly when I know I'm on the right track, haha!

BTW, that's another great thing I learned. It's quite hard for me to stick to the challenge when I'm away or with other people.
  • Everyone's having a beer, why don't I?
  • How do I tell my grandma that I won't eat the pie she's been baking the whole morning?
  • Will I look silly swimming in the lake for 45 mins while others are chilling out on the beach, drinking beer and watching?
Which means I care too much about the opinion of others, even with such small things.

I also noticed an increase in my awareness. It's much easier for me to notice I'm wasting time/procrastinating now.

---

Guys and gals, we can will all do it!

Great post.

Yes, social pressure is a massive factor. This challenge shows how you got to surround yourself with great people and protect yourself from all negative influences out there.

Try to do this challenge being around people who want you to fail. 0% chance.

Now think of all the other influences (people/media/social media/schools etc) you have been surrounded with for years and how that has impacted your life direction without you even noticing.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Business idea: Food Preppers: Deliver one meal to eat today and one to stash for the apocalypse. Man, Fox, you are my hero! You'll get there.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just got my food prep and there was another treat.

Not this time.

You shall never win again cake...

#nogummybears #nocake #noexcuses

aa4b52c8-908e-429e-a07f-3f473dd97f7a.jpeg

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
I really commend you guys for being honest and true to the challenge. I think I showed an example of it in my intro in the thread, I strongly agree with @MattR82 in that you should be as specific as possible.

Your mind will F*ck with you as you guys have seen, and I have experienced this many times before taking this challenge, when trying to lose weight by dieting. The only thing that works for me is to write down specifically what is and is not acceptable on the diet.

I had to eat out a couple times last weekend for family stuff, and I looked at the menus or called ahead of wherever we were eating to make sure I could eat something without breaking my diet. That way, when I get there I know what I'm ordering and that I won't eat anything else, even when they plop that glorious fresh-out-of-the-oven bread with olive oil in front of me, there is no desire because I have steeled myself ahead of time.

We fail, we learn, we get back on the horse. You can do it, focus your mind. Maybe consider reading some Stoic philosophy. Ryan Holiday is a good practical introduction, I am reading The Obstacle is the Way currently. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (the Gregory Hays translation) is also very good.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I really commend you guys for being honest and true to the challenge. I think I showed an example of it in my intro in the thread, I strongly agree with @MattR82 in that you should be as specific as possible.

Your mind will F*ck with you as you guys have seen, and I have experienced this many times before taking this challenge, when trying to lose weight by dieting. The only thing that works for me is to write down specifically what is and is not acceptable on the diet.

I had to eat out a couple times last weekend for family stuff, and I looked at the menus or called ahead of wherever we were eating to make sure I could eat something without breaking my diet. That way, when I get there I know what I'm ordering and that I won't eat anything else, even when they plop that glorious fresh-out-of-the-oven bread with olive oil in front of me, there is no desire because I have steeled myself ahead of time.

We fail, we learn, we get back on the horse. You can do it, focus your mind. Maybe consider reading some Stoic philosophy. Ryan Holiday is a good practical introduction, I am reading The Obstacle is the Way currently. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (the Gregory Hays translation) is also very good.

The Obstacle is the Way is a phenomenal book. I think it’s a Must Read for anyone in this challenge.

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016
Look someone reading this thread might be like "who cares about eating one dessert - you have been doing great"

I think this is exactly what this challenge is about. Creating a totally new mindset. Not being fine with delivering 95%, not even 99,9%. For me it is about stopping the bullshit. About having clear expectations and rules for life. For myself.

All those cut corners add up. And you know what - maybe that one cookie is nothing. Maybe making this one workout 43 minutes instead of 45 is nothing. In the long run those 50kcal or 2 minutes are nothing. But you know what's not nothing? What's quite a "something"? The person you are becoming. And we all know where the path of "you're being too hard on yourself" leads.

Day 2 for me, nearly over. Day 6 since starting the challenge. I don't have much success yet, but I can tell you one thing. If you're willing to accept anything less than a 100% - don't bother. This thing is not for you.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
@Fox 100% Agree, Sanction and Promote this challenge!! It will steer your life's path in an unfathomable & marvelous direction! Though she is a little bit too strict haha.

I smashed through a similar feat this year, it was only for 35 days & I seriously broke down wept for absolute joy upon completion. It changed my life & YES I was allowed wine two times a week!!
I will be releasing a YouTube video shortly about the experience.

Initially the aim was physical transformation; To loose my belly fat gain those wash board abs.
Ashamed; I got obese, lazy & depressed resulting in self-conscious thoughts which thus fed the negative feedback loop. We can all do without that shit in our lives!

The results after 5 quick weeks literally blew my mind!
Not only transforming me physically, it elevated me mentally further than I could have ever imagined.
I woke up..."HELLO WORLD"

One shocking realization was my relationship with Alcohol! The internal script that dictates, "I cannot go out & be social without alcohol!" was shattered.
Admittedly it was initially challenging to tear apart these mental barriers, but waking up fresh at sunrise to go to the calisthenics park after a night partying felt fantastic. It was pure joy to know your friends are still sleeping with hangovers while you are pushing your limits & getting ahead.

For any of you who relate to 'old me', trust me you wont know this until you try this challenge....you will shake off some disgusting "friends" that are in fact dragging you down to their level. They cant stand to see you in this process of change. Seriously F*ck-em bye-bye now!

After blasting though a serious amount self-development books & YouTube videos (including MJ's Unscripted ) I finally arrived at this forum, now fitter & stronger both in mind & body.
I havent watched TV or playing useless computer games since I can remember, instead I am spending my evenings learning to program, eat healthy & keep fit.

I so excited to start round two of the 35 days course on 8 July with the aim to hit the 12% body fat mark. If I do not make it, it will have been a blast and I will just have to contain my excitement for the following five week session.

The MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE i can share is:
There will always be "something" that prevents you from starting until this & that is over.

1) Stop bullshitting to yourself! Pick a start date & begin preparations
2) Have courage to succeed! Didn't reach your ultimate goal!? If you worked had you CANNOT fail, trust me.
3) Commit yourself Fully to the process! FULLY!!! Warning this could result in tears of joy on the last day!

Your body & mind will thank you! So
1) pick a date in the near future,
2) prepare a diet plan (recommend: combo of keto-diet and intermittent fasting every day)
3) prepare your workout schedule (early morning after a two coffees, 45 mins before eating breakfast and when your at least 12 hours fasted is optimal for fat breaking & hormones etc.)
4) Fridge pickers wear bigger knickers - NO SNACKING
5) No more than 4 days working out in a row, do not underestimate the power of rest days
6) Sleep (8 hours minimum, though I could only ever get 7)

Hope this motivates someone & whom ever that may be...God speed fellow human!

For anyone interested in the bellyproof course btw. here is a link:

BellyProof / MovementFirst – Let's Get you Fit

B

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
What is the "HARD" diet? Rather hypocritical to say you have to "read" books if you only have podcasts on your site lol:rofl:

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016
What is the "HARD" diet? Rather hypocritical to say you have to "read" books if you only have podcasts on your site lol:rofl:

Would you refrain from posting such bullshit if Andy wrote some children books and put them in a pdf on his site for your convenience?

@ Day 4 for me today. For all those wondering if they will manage to drink this many water: you will. Before the challenge I drank around 1,5-2l and that was already after putting effort into tracking my water and trying to drink more. First 3-4 days of gallon a day were a nightmare (It literally felt as if I was doing nothing else than drinking water and peeing, a couple times at night too), but it quickly got better. Right now (day 8 since start) it's still not super easy, but definitely manageable. Weird thing, I even start to like it.

Last edited:

MFH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Jul 11, 2017
New Jersey
Finally jumping into this thread. Today is Day 5 for me.

Before this, I didn't see how much I was half-assing my workouts - giving up on sets, taking long breaks, cutting workouts short because "I didn't have the time."

My 2nd workout on Day 2 got me real clear on that. I'd had a good hike in the morning, followed by an 11-hour workday, which got me home at 9:30pm. In between planks, I rolled over on to my back for a second. Then woke up 20 minutes later and realized a) I had to finish and b) I was spent. Then picked myself up and finished. Hated every second of it. But kind of loved every second of it.

Ever since, my desire to give up on a workout has disappeared - even to the point of banging out extra sets when I feel good.

The only downside of this challenge so far for me is that my body isn't used to this much water, and my sleep seems to suffer for it - waking up to pee in the middle of the night, which almost never happened before. I'll see what shifting the bulk of my water consumption to the daytime does for me.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Before this, I didn't see how much I was half-assing my workouts - giving up on sets, taking long breaks, cutting workouts short because "I didn't have the time."

This exactly!

I knew I was doing that. I was not aware how much, though.

Taking the challenge made me notice I'm doing that *a lot*. Cutting corners, taking breaks, finishing 2 minutes early, not putting 100% in because "I just ate", "the air pressure is low today", "it's gonna rain soon" or other BS.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.