The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Does anyone spend a significant amount of time over thinking things?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m reminded of this video. To me, overthinking is when you’re solving the problems later on down the line, instead of the one directly in front of you.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Hm.

Who has now publicly announced that what he's selling doesn't work for him, and he still has one of the key problems meditation is promoted as solving. That doesn't seem like a smart business strategy.
It's not a smart business strategy but posting here and being honest is a smart personal decision. He can get advice that'll help him grow and even if it doesn't help him pick up clients here now, in the future if he applies the advice I can't see that it'd have too much of a negative effect

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
It's not a smart business strategy but posting here and being honest is a smart personal decision. He can get advice that'll help him grow and even if it doesn't help him pick up clients here now, in the future if he applies the advice I can't see that it'd have too much of a negative effect
Perhaps.

I'm thinking that claiming to have the problem signifies either dishonesty or being one of those "gurus" selling an alleged solution that he isn't successfully implementing.

If it's a real problem he's trying to solve in the early days, that's fine...having experienced the problem and conquered it is a common path to offering a useful solution. But, as someone else suggested here, it's a means of market research, then it seems to me that it's cutting his own throat a bit in terms of credibility in his field.

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Perhaps.

I'm thinking that claiming to have the problem signifies either dishonesty or being one of those "gurus" selling an alleged solution that he isn't successfully implementing.

If it's a real problem he's trying to solve in the early days, that's fine...having experienced the problem and conquered it is a common path to offering a useful solution. But, as someone else suggested here, it's a means of market research, then it seems to me that it's cutting his own throat a bit in terms of credibility in his field.
I definitely see what you're saying and agree with you. There seem to be a lot of people like this.

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Usually when I'm "overthinking" what I'm really doing is avoiding what I know I should be doing.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
Hm.

Who has now publicly announced that what he's selling doesn't work for him, and he still has one of the key problems meditation is promoted as solving. That doesn't seem like a smart business strategy.
That wasn't the point of the OP. He is fishing. I'm all about value first sales but it rubbed me the wrong way.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
That wasn't the point of the OP. He is fishing. I'm all about value first sales but it rubbed me the wrong way.
That's my point. If he's fishing, he made a mistake in his approach, because he's declared that either his offering doesn't work or he doesn't know how to properly apply it. If that was a lie designed to elicit information as some seem to be suggesting, then IMO it was a dumb one, because it brands him as a "do as I say, not as I do" type guru.

dru-man

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2013
Southeast Asia
This will seem like a super dated recommendation, but read "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie. Great book with a lot of extremely useful tips.

VincentVega24

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 26, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Yeah I know what you mean. What have you done to try and fix this issue?
I started reverse thinking the whole process, like whenever I notice myself overthinking, getting nervous etc. I rather think about the best case scenario of the outcome. This gives me way more confidence to start with whatever it is. Like I just force myself to do this.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock