The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone spend a significant amount of time over thinking things?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m reminded of this video. To me, overthinking is when you’re solving the problems later on down the line, instead of the one directly in front of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Hm.

Who has now publicly announced that what he's selling doesn't work for him, and he still has one of the key problems meditation is promoted as solving. That doesn't seem like a smart business strategy.

It's not a smart business strategy but posting here and being honest is a smart personal decision. He can get advice that'll help him grow and even if it doesn't help him pick up clients here now, in the future if he applies the advice I can't see that it'd have too much of a negative effect

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
It's not a smart business strategy but posting here and being honest is a smart personal decision. He can get advice that'll help him grow and even if it doesn't help him pick up clients here now, in the future if he applies the advice I can't see that it'd have too much of a negative effect

Perhaps.

I'm thinking that claiming to have the problem signifies either dishonesty or being one of those "gurus" selling an alleged solution that he isn't successfully implementing.

If it's a real problem he's trying to solve in the early days, that's fine...having experienced the problem and conquered it is a common path to offering a useful solution. But, as someone else suggested here, it's a means of market research, then it seems to me that it's cutting his own throat a bit in terms of credibility in his field.

D

Deleted74396

Perhaps.

I'm thinking that claiming to have the problem signifies either dishonesty or being one of those "gurus" selling an alleged solution that he isn't successfully implementing.

If it's a real problem he's trying to solve in the early days, that's fine...having experienced the problem and conquered it is a common path to offering a useful solution. But, as someone else suggested here, it's a means of market research, then it seems to me that it's cutting his own throat a bit in terms of credibility in his field.

I definitely see what you're saying and agree with you. There seem to be a lot of people like this.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Hm.

Who has now publicly announced that what he's selling doesn't work for him, and he still has one of the key problems meditation is promoted as solving. That doesn't seem like a smart business strategy.
That wasn't the point of the OP. He is fishing. I'm all about value first sales but it rubbed me the wrong way.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
That wasn't the point of the OP. He is fishing. I'm all about value first sales but it rubbed me the wrong way.

That's my point. If he's fishing, he made a mistake in his approach, because he's declared that either his offering doesn't work or he doesn't know how to properly apply it. If that was a lie designed to elicit information as some seem to be suggesting, then IMO it was a dumb one, because it brands him as a "do as I say, not as I do" type guru.

dru-man

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jun 7, 2013
Southeast Asia
This will seem like a super dated recommendation, but read "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie. Great book with a lot of extremely useful tips.

VincentVega24

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 26, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Yeah I know what you mean. What have you done to try and fix this issue?
I started reverse thinking the whole process, like whenever I notice myself overthinking, getting nervous etc. I rather think about the best case scenario of the outcome. This gives me way more confidence to start with whatever it is. Like I just force myself to do this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.