The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you an ENTP and wonder why you can't get things done when working for yourself?

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Ho
It's not like MBTI and the enneagram are opposites, they go hand in hand.

An ENTP with enneagram 7 is the most common ENTP out there.

Fun fact: While MBTI (Jung) is all about your personality type and cognitive functions, which remain the same your whole life, the enneagram is mostly about your behaviour, attitude and mentality, which of course can and will change over time.

EDIT: Ignore that, I misremembered what my results were, 5 > 8 > 7 > 4 were my top results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Want to explore an option, fine, do it.

Go all the way.

Unleash your curiosity.

... But you must make a pact with yourself.

Every time you unleash your curiosity, you must build a memento and share it with the world.

A simple recipe...

1/ Explore until bored.

2/ Quickly build something valuable for others.

3/ Share it to the people who most need it.

You are an explorer and every time you go on an adventure, you bring back wonderful treasures, undiscovered before.

Promise yourself you won't keep those treasures to yourself and will share those with the world.

Once your oath is taken, go.

Explore.

Follow your curiosity relentlessly.

Everyday.

You are free now.

You know, the first time I skimmed like @Jon L and went straight to say "I'm an INFP!" 'cause I like being part of the fun. But now I re-read this and I kinda feel good a bit about being validated on this "you don't stick to a thing!" I'm just missing the "do something quickly about it" part most of the time. Last time I took the test, for some reason, came out as an INTP for the first time. I mean, tbh it doesn't matter, we all use all the functions depending on context etc. The type relates to the deep core of the way we do things most of the time.

Because my mind is producing stuff 24/7 I want to do it all. I hear people criticize me or call me out on it but looking back, I've achieved everything I've ever set my mind to, and I mean everything. I just...take longer, but deep down my inner voice says confidently that eventually I always get what I want.

Edit: I'm tempted to take the paid, authentic test for a long time now because since this year I get a different result from different websites. So far I've gotten INFP, INTP, INFJ...

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
You seem like quite the INTP, @BellaPippin, going by the way you speak.

It's not like MBTI and the enneagram are opposites, they go hand in hand.

An ENTP with enneagram 7 is the most common ENTP out there.

Fun fact: While MBTI (Jung) is all about your personality type and cognitive functions, which remain the same your whole life, the enneagram is mostly about your behaviour, attitude and mentality, which of course can and will change over time.

To me this is a misnomer that one's MBTI type must stay constant. I grew up ESTJ, became ENTJ by the end of college, then ENTP for a year, and am now typically ENTJ but have been moving towards ENFJ.

Most people also tend to go from being more extreme to being more balanced as their cognitive functions develop as they get older and older.

One can also change their MBTI type. It's like a habit really. You can make new ones, though it is quite difficult to break old habits.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
You seem like quite the INTP, @BellaPippin, going by the way you speak.

To me this is a misnomer that one's MBTI type must stay constant. I grew up ESTJ, became ENTJ by the end of college, then ENTP for a year, and am now typically ENTJ but have been moving towards ENFJ.

Most people also tend to go from being more extreme to being more balanced as their cognitive functions develop as they get older and older.

One can also change their MBTI type. It's like a habit really. You can make new ones, though it is quite difficult to break old habits.

Sure you can change your MBTI type, if you suffer a severe head injury and get amnesia.

Your dominant function first shows up around the age of 4, your auxiliary around 12, tertiary develops in late teens and inferior in your 20s. Stating that you switched 4 different types over the course of your lifetime is a rather silly and misinformed claim. I am going to assume you know nothing about cognitive functions and are going along with the 16 Personalities test, which I've already exposed many times in this thread as worthless in figuring out your actual type.

You didn't grow up ESTJ, you grew up Te dominant (just like ENTJ). You were never an ENTP, though you may have had entered a more introspective time or gone under severe stress and taken a glimpse of your shadow type, INTP. The ENFJ also shares Auxiliary Ni with the ENTJ, though there's no Te in ENFJ but a weak Ti, so a Te dominant becoming an Fe dominant is treading unmedicated schizophrenic territory.

However, ENTJ's Te can kind of look like Fe. Look at Tony Robbins. Except the warmth you get from Fe doms is nowhere to be found. Just a big, masculine smile and the guy still looks like a ticking time bomb that could tear you to shreds. ENFJ are anything but intimidating.

Mistyping with your shadow is common and normal since I had a hard time figuring out whether I was an ENTP or INTJ, my shadow type. But after looking at numerous INTJ interviews (Elon Musk among others) I noticed I am way more fluid and at ease socially while they are just unable to not look awkward most of the time. My energy is sporadic and in bursts, while they are able to maintain a balance. They usually have a very concrete idea, a vision of what and who they want to become and just stick to it. While I've had tens of interests, aspirations and etc. They work before they play, I play and then I work.

Also, we tend to seek what we do not have, I've noticed ENTJs admire ENTPs and vice versa. But the Te and Ti battle often disappoints both types as well.

You're free to create your own, modified MBTI theory if you wish but after more than 8 decades of research and anecdotes I'm going to stick to Jungian functions and my 3 years of experience with typing people quite accurately. And the conclusion I've reached, among many other MBTI enthusiasts is that you most definitely cannot change types.

Last edited:

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
But now I re-read this and I kinda feel good a bit about being validated on this "you don't stick to a thing!" I'm just missing the "do something quickly about it" part most of the time.

Glad to help, you can ask yourself the question : "What can I start right now and finish before the end of the day/hour/before lunch, that will yield something that will build up over time? "

There's no one size fit all answers because it depends of what you can leverage.

For example:
A) When I study ML I don't tend to take notes...

So what I started to do now when I am done with a subject is quickly write an outline of how I would advise people to study the subject if they started from scratch.

I still don't take notes but if I have to plan a course (online) or a session (irl) about a ML topic, I can use that outline as a blueprint. Huge time save because I don't reinvent the wheel twice.

B) When I study copy concepts I don't take extensive notes because my goal is not be a copy scholar.

But I want to be able to use the concepts I stumble upon while exploring, unfortunately it seems what I learn in copywriting disappear when I go sleep.

So before finishing my study session I take some time to brainstorm what is the best way for efficiently using what I learned today, in the future.

Sometimes it's just a prompt that I add to my prompt bank alongside the desired effect. Then when I need to write copy, I go through the bank and go with those inspiring me.

Sometimes it's a notion template with an outline. Then I can use the template as a starting point for whatever I need atm.

Sometimes it's a question I ask students to gather verbatims. So when I have the occasion to ask, I ask relevent and powerful questions instead of boring useless stuff.

Etc..

Edit: I'm tempted to take the paid, authentic test for a long time now because since this year I get a different result from different websites. So far I've gotten INFP, INTP, INFJ...

Unfortunately tests are useless if you want to go deeper...

There's two ways to think about MBTI stuff.

1) Stereotypical approach (based on behaviors)
The first one is stereotypical, and the results are assessed by comparing your answers to a stereotype. It's based on behaviors.

The advantages of the stereotypical aproach is the following :
- it's a gateway to self understanding.
- it's great to understand that everybody is different.
- it's great to understand there's nothing wrong with you.
- it's great to shine a new light on your strength and weaknesses, sometimes what you thought were weaknesses were strengths.
- it's great to prescribe loosely targeted life advice.

The disadvantage of the stereotypical approach is that it's advertised as a science which it is not at all. Consequences are:
- People boxing themselves in based on results on something not much better than an horoscope.
- People start to get deep in typology based on a wrong typing which leds to biased theory impairing healthy type development.
- Stereotypes and clichés fail to account for the unicity of every human being, (environment, emotional development, decisions, etc...)

ALL TESTS ARE BASED ON A STEREOTYPICAL APPROACH (ON BEHAVIORS).

2) The cognitive functions stack (a.k.a type) approach (based on how you prefer to think)

This is the deep end and to get accurately typed you there's is no test.

The only way is to learn what are the eight cognitive functions and how they manifest with respect to their place in the stack.

Then you proceed with elimination toward your true type.

This is a long process, where you need to be honest with yourself and ask feedbacks to peoole who know you well.

If you are willing to go down the rabbit hole, start here to get the basics before you can type yourself in the next step:

Then use this guide and description of individual functions to type yourself:

After you are accurately type you can put your new found knowledge to work by following the actionable advice given here in functions of your stack:

Your true type may be different than your stereotypical type because cognitive functions theory is much more nuanced... For example my stack is Te-Ni-Se-Fi (ENTJ) whereas my stereotype across most online tests is ENTP (Ne-Ti-Fe-Si) or INTP.

And don't be fooled by the apparent similarity, a one letter difference is a gigantic difference...

Hope it helps.
Rémi

P. S.- TLDR :
Online tests are basically glorified horoscopes. You can derive value and insights but don't build your life on it.

Don't learn about functions if you have only typed yourself with an online test. This knowledge will be impossible to use in the rigjt way.

If you want to go deeper and learn about functions use the method outlined above in #2.

It's totally okay staying at the stereotype level, you don't need to know your true type to succeed in what you want to do. JUST NEVER USE YOUR STEREOTYPE AS AN EXCUSE OR A VALID ARGUMENT, IT'S NOT.
(Imagine saying "Oh of course I was a prick, I am a Scorpio" or "I can't build a business because I am Sagittarius")

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Glad to help, you can ask yourself the question : "What can I start right now and finish before the end of the day/hour/before lunch, that will yield something that will build up over time? "

There's no one size fit all answers because it depends of what you can leverage.

For example:
A) When I study ML I don't tend to take notes...

So what I started to do now when I am done with a subject is quickly write an outline of how I would advise people to study the subject if they started from scratch.

I still don't take notes but if I have to plan a course (online) or a session (irl) about a ML topic, I can use that outline as a blueprint. Huge time save because I don't reinvent the wheel twice.

B) When I study copy concepts I don't take extensive notes because my goal is not be a copy scholar.

But I want to be able to use the concepts I stumble upon while exploring, unfortunately it seems what I learn in copywriting disappear when I go sleep.

So before finishing my study session I take some time to brainstorm what is the best way for efficiently using what I learned today, in the future.

Sometimes it's just a prompt that I add to my prompt bank alongside the desired effect. Then when I need to write copy, I go through the bank and go with those inspiring me.

Sometimes it's a notion template with an outline. Then I can use the template as a starting point for whatever I need atm.

Sometimes it's a question I ask students to gather verbatims. So when I have the occasion to ask, I ask relevent and powerful questions instead of boring useless stuff.

Etc..

Unfortunately tests are useless if you want to go deeper...

There's two ways to think about MBTI stuff.

1) Stereotypical approach (based on behaviors)
The first one is stereotypical, and the results are assessed by comparing your answers to a stereotype. It's based on behaviors.

The advantages of the stereotypical aproach is the following :
- it's a gateway to self understanding.
- it's great to understand that everybody is different.
- it's great to understand there's nothing wrong with you.
- it's great to shine a new light on your strength and weaknesses, sometimes what you thought were weaknesses were strengths.
- it's great to prescribe loosely targeted life advice.

The disadvantage of the stereotypical approach is that it's advertised as a science which it is not at all. Consequences are:
- People boxing themselves in based on results on something not much better than an horoscope.
- People start to get deep in typology based on a wrong typing which leds to biased theory impairing healthy type development.
- Stereotypes and clichés fail to account for the unicity of every human being, (environment, emotional development, decisions, etc...)

ALL TESTS ARE BASED ON A STEREOTYPICAL APPROACH (ON BEHAVIORS).

2) The cognitive functions stack (a.k.a type) approach (based on how you prefer to think)

This is the deep end and to get accurately typed you there's is no test.

The only way is to learn what are the eight cognitive functions and how they manifest with respect to their place in the stack.

Then you proceed with elimination toward your true type.

This is a long process, where you need to be honest with yourself and ask feedbacks to peoole who know you well.

If you are willing to go down the rabbit hole, start here to get the basics before you can type yourself in the next step:

Then use this guide and description of individual functions to type yourself:

After you are accurately type you can put your new found knowledge to work by following the actionable advice given here in functions of your stack:

Your true type may be different than your stereotypical type because cognitive functions theory is much more nuanced... For example my stack is Te-Ni-Se-Fi (ENTJ) whereas my stereotype across most online tests is ENTP (Ne-Ti-Fe-Si) or INTP.

And don't be fooled by the apparent similarity, a one letter difference is a gigantic difference...

Hope it helps.
Rémi

P. S.- TLDR :
Online tests are basically glorified horoscopes. You can derive value and insights but don't build your life on it.

Don't learn about functions if you have only typed yourself with an online test. This knowledge will be impossible to use in the rigjt way.

If you want to go deeper and learn about functions use the method outlined above in #2.

It's totally okay staying at the stereotype level, you don't need to know your true type to succeed in what you want to do. JUST NEVER USE YOUR STEREOTYPE AS AN EXCUSE OR A VALID ARGUMENT, IT'S NOT.
(Imagine saying "Oh of course I was a prick, I am a Scorpio" or "I can't build a business because I am Sagittarius")

Definitely, I've always had that in mind. Especially because I'm very versatile, the questions are not always black and white. I'm not a black and white person myself, so it's always very difficult to answer them, or to try to remember a life-or-death decision to know what I TRULY use when pulling the trigger.

I can relate myself to every single description of INFP and INTP, and now I even got INFJ on the last one for the first time, and it was pretty "accurate". At the end of the day I took what really mattered which was the (accurate and relatable) description of my strengths and weaknesses to help me understand myself better. I don't really care what team I'm on.

Thanks for this post, you added the second piece about making something quick before it vanishes into the air and that actually clicked a lot. It's way more effective to just work with what you've got than trying to be someone you're not.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
You're all over the place. INFP has absolutely nothing to do with INFJ, nor does INTP with INTJ.
Things aren't either black or white. I'm INFJ, but my J is only 51-53%, so I'm actually in between. Same for other people.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Things aren't either black or white. I'm INFJ, but my J is only 51-53%, so I'm actually in between. Same for other people.

Ah, another fresh piggy straight from 16 Personalities dot com. Since you already wasted my time by making me click the notification, I'm about to unleash sacred wisdom onto you. Listen carefully, my son.

16 Personalities is a rebranded version of psychology's coveted Big Five test. Except they don't have anything to do with eachother and MBTI should not ever be measured on a spectrum.

Why?

Because MBTI isn't a spectrum. MBTI is about cognitive functions.

INFJ's cognitive function stack: Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP's cognitive function stack: Fi Ne Si Te

What does this mean? It means INFJ and INFP have absolutely nothing in common except that they're introverted.

By the way, Ni dom/aux personality types (like INFJ, ENFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, ISTJ) are known to have black and white thinking. On the other hand, Ne dom/aux personality types (like ENTP, ENFP, INTP, INFP) are known for the opposite, challenging facts, beliefs, fine-tuning frameworks and coming up with new ways of doing things.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Definitely, I've always had that in mind. Especially because I'm very versatile, the questions are not always black and white. I'm not a black and white person myself, so it's always very difficult to answer them, or to try to remember a life-or-death decision to know what I TRULY use when pulling the trigger.

I can relate myself to every single description of INFP and INTP, and now I even got INFJ on the last one for the first time, and it was pretty "accurate". At the end of the day I took what really mattered which was the (accurate and relatable) description of my strengths and weaknesses to help me understand myself better. I don't really care what team I'm on.

Thanks for this post, you added the second piece about making something quick before it vanishes into the air and that actually clicked a lot. It's way more effective to just work with what you've got than trying to be someone you're not.

I can't be 100% sure since I do not know you at all, but judging from what you've said in this post and your writing style, I'd guess you're an INTP.

ENTP and INTP have the hardest time typing themselves, because we lack Fi (introverted feeling) and have Ti.

Basically we can rationalize everything and convince ourselves we're any of the 16 types due to Ti + Ne. Our lack of Fi makes it very difficult for us to know what is authentic and relevant to us. INFPs usually find it easy to type themselves because of their dominant Fi, and INFJs also have a fairly easy typing themselves because of the Ni (seeks the most plausible scenario).

While Ne dominants, especially in combination with Ti weigh many possible scenarios and have a hard time figuring which one is the most plausible.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Ah, another fresh piggy straight from 16 Personalities dot com. Since you already wasted my time by making me click the notification, I'm about to unleash sacred wisdom onto you. Listen carefully, my son.
Wow! Despite your sacred arrogance, you must have deep insecurities/issues to reply like that just because someone disagrees, in a respectful way, with your binary view of the topic. Take care of yourself.

P.S.: Reported.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Wow! Despite your sacred arrogance, you must have deep insecurities/issues to reply like that just because someone disagrees, in a respectful way, with your binary view of the topic. Take care of yourself.

P.S.: Reported.

Well that does it then. The Fi is very clear to me now. The overreaction and "P.S" sealed the deal.

You're an INFP for sure, there's no doubt in my mind.

Have a great day!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
While Ne dominants, especially in combination with Ti weigh many possible scenarios and have a hard time figuring which one is the most plausible.

That rings true as something I do often. I find it hard to make a stance and take a "side" on controversial topics. I find valid arguments and conflicts in both as soon as I try to learn more. A ton of questions of the tests are "well yes, but there's a lot of exceptions to that" "well no, but what's the context?" Like "You find your time alone more interesting and satisfying than with people" Well, is it a group of strangers, acquaintances or my best friend or my boyfriend? What am I supposed to pick? Both are true. Everything is valid. I love being alone, in silence, at home, at peace, and yet I've been director on the Chicago UN board, attended a ton of network events, and even gave a talk in DC at a leadership conference and went knocking on the door of IL senators. If you put me on the stage, I'll perform. I might need a week to recover but I'll summon my inner extrovert as much as I can. It's draining though, that's why I'm an I 100%. But the other functions.. not so easy.

I've never dug deep into the functions because I really can't handle that much data... the big picture already gave me enough insight. Guess I'm fine with being IN_ _ xD

The glorified horoscope is kinda true. It feels like the same kind of mental masturbation when reading my cancer descriptions. It's more like a guilty pleasure rather than something I take very seriously

P.S. I keep editing this post because I keep coming up with things to say. Then editing it to make it more readable. Then adding again. Lmao

Last edited:

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
I am so impressed by this.

As a fellow ENTP i have so much knowledge on different subjects but it is usually at a level that makes me look smart rather then have a deep enough understanding to take actions i want to take.

The deeper knowledge comes from action > trial > error > action.

I was organically trying to utilise what you say about building something based on your exploration since coronavirus hit and I had a lot more time.

This really cements the idea for me.

Not sure if you mentioned it but similar to blogging, you can also do youtube videos explaining what you have learnt, that is something i am looking to do once I have finished my current project.

Thank you.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
That rings true as something I do often. I find it hard to make a stance and take a "side" on controversial topics. I find valid arguments and conflicts in both as soon as I try to learn more. A ton of questions of the tests are "well yes, but there's a lot of exceptions to that" "well no, but what's the context?" Like "You find your time alone more interesting and satisfying than with people" Well, is it a group of strangers, acquaintances or my best friend or my boyfriend? What am I supposed to pick? Both are true. Everything is valid. I love being alone, in silence, at home, at peace, and yet I've been director on the Chicago UN board, attended a ton of network events, and even gave a talk in DC at a leadership conference and went knocking on the door of IL senators. If you put me on the stage, I'll perform. I might need a week to recover but I'll summon my inner extrovert as much as I can. It's draining though, that's why I'm an I 100%. But the other functions.. not so easy.

I've never dug deep into the functions because I really can't handle that much data... the big picture already gave me enough insight. Guess I'm fine with being IN_ _ xD

The glorified horoscope is kinda true. It feels like the same kind of mental masturbation when reading my cancer descriptions. It's more like a guilty pleasure rather than something I take very seriously

P.S. I keep editing this post because I keep coming up with things to say. Then editing it to make it more readable. Then adding again. Lmao

Yeah, definitely an xNTP. Consider ENTP as what you described would be equally draining for me as well.

Have you done the cognitive functions test I shared? It's very straightforward and accurate:

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah, definitely an xNTP. Consider ENTP as what you described would be equally draining for me as well.

Have you done the cognitive functions test I shared? It's very straightforward and accurate:

Uhhhh I don't know about this...

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
View attachment 34852

Well F*ck, I don't believe this though

Woah, me neither. Did you try to answer like you would if you were around 20 years of age, OR from the perspective of your mother, boyfriend, etc. Try to be as unbiased as you can be. Also, do not answer the "correct" way, but "your way".

INTJ is in fact ENTP's shadow and vice versa, with INTJ having Ni Te Fi Se and ENTP having Ne Ti Fe si, same order of intuition > thinking > feeling > sensing but mirrored functions. It is a common mistype and one that I've fallen for as well!

Try doing the test with your mother or boyfriend and ask them what you should reply with and you'll probably get your accurate type!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Woah, me neither. Did you try to answer like you would if you were around 20 years of age, OR from the perspective of your mother, boyfriend, etc. Try to be as unbiased as you can be. Also, do not answer the "correct" way, but "your way".

INTJ is in fact ENTP's shadow and vice versa, with INTJ having Ni Te Fi Se and ENTP having Ne Ti Fe si, same order of intuition > thinking > feeling > sensing but mirrored functions. It is a common mistype and one that I've fallen for as well!

Try doing the test with your mother or boyfriend and ask them what you should reply with and you'll probably get your accurate type!

He actually helped me on a few because I was like "but what is the context tho!" which is my biggest issue with every question. I'm answering as honestly as I can, but the answer depends on what context I give it, let me try again, now I'm more curious.

Remiremi

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 18, 2018
Paris
I am so impressed by this.

As a fellow ENTP i have so much knowledge on different subjects but it is usually at a level that makes me look smart rather then have a deep enough understanding to take actions i want to take.

The deeper knowledge comes from action > trial > error > action.

I was organically trying to utilise what you say about building something based on your exploration since coronavirus hit and I had a lot more time.

This really cements the idea for me.

Not sure if you mentioned it but similar to blogging, you can also do youtube videos explaining what you have learnt, that is something i am looking to do once I have finished my current project.

Thank you.

Really glad I help!

As for youtube absolutely!

Actually I have started warming up to the idea, for example here I chose to record a YT video rather than write a long post: Here's the post I'm referring to

So many options it's thrilling :)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I took it three times, first I started skipping any question that wasn't a "oh yea this is me", then it didn't let me skip anymore, then I went with a "3 second time" gut feeling answer to rule the kinda vague ones. It needed the full 40 questions every time o__o

34853 34854 34855

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The more test you do the more confusing it becomes hahaha.

I can see that, omg! The whole INTP still rings true to my behaviors though, as in, your original post xD

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I can see that, omg! The whole INTP still rings true to my behaviors though, as in, your original post xD

Looks like a total lack of Fi and type-awareness, so we could probably remove all Fi types (INFP, ENFP ISFP, ESFP, ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ESTJ).

Just like you I've also considered ENFJ, INFJ and INFP. Many times. But as far as stereotypes go:
  • I'm considered a bit too bright to be an ENFJ and not as people focused. ENFJ's have weak Ti (Inferior, 4th slot), so an ENTP would always be more logical (Auxiliary, 2nd slot), rational and objective than an ENFJ who mostly seeks social harmony and unity in groups. They also love attention from every side.​
  • INFJs are..something else. I've been deluded in the past that I am an INFJ, then I made 2 friends (and a girlfriend) that were definitely INFJ and to them I'm like some god in their eyes that they look up to and support unconditionally. Mostly because I've helped them with many things they lack experience in (women, working out, healthy eating and fighting depression). So I am unlikely to be an INFJ as I tend to provoke people a lot, often unbeknowst to me even.​
  • INFP.. I went through high school thinking I was an INFP. But I was just a depressed ENTP. This got more obvious over time when my Ti and Fe developed. I became much more confrontative, witty, unapologetic due to Ti but Fe also lead to developing my social skills to turn my wittiness into charm for the ladies, to not be perceived as a nerd anymore. I'd like to say my Fe is really developed now, but I don't think the anime dude above would agree.​
I skimmed through a few pages of posts you've made just now. I defnitely see Ne and Ti. I believe you're an ENTP.
  • Smart and witty? Check. (Ti)
  • Brainstorms ideas on autopilot (Ne) and then replies to others saying "We don't need to brainstorm now guys!" even though you just did (lack of Fi)? Check.
  • Gamer? Check. (Ne)
  • Depressed, sexy nerd? Check. (Ne + Ti + Fe)
  • Interested in Ancient Greece? Check. (Ne, a bit of Si)
  • Argumentative, healthily skeptical? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Hardcore memelord? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Full of self-hatred and self-love at the same time? Check.
  • Struggle with addiction? Check.
  • Lost faith in humanity and even your family? (Ti) Check.
  • Disgusted by narrow-minded people? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Thinking of getting rid of social media for good because people are retarded? (and you should) Check. (Ti)
  • Very proficient in English yet you are from South America? Check. (ENTPs are great at learning new things and that definitely includes foreign languages).
  • Edits each and every post? Check.
I could add more but I think you get it by now. I took all of the above from your post history, and curiously it's exactly what I am like as well.

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Looks like a total lack of Fi and type-awareness, so we could probably remove all Fi types (INFP, ENFP ISFP, ESFP, ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ESTJ).

Just like you I've also considered ENFJ, INFJ and INFP. Many times. But as far as stereotypes go:
  • I'm considered a bit too bright to be an ENFJ and not as people focused. ENFJ's have weak Ti (Inferior, 4th slot), so an ENTP would always be more logical (Auxiliary, 2nd slot), rational and objective than an ENFJ who mostly seeks social harmony and unity in groups. They also love attention from every side.​
  • INFJs are..something else. I've been deluded in the past that I am an INFJ, then I made 2 friends (and a girlfriend) that were definitely INFJ and to them I'm like some god in their eyes that they look up to and support unconditionally. Mostly because I've helped them with many things they lack experience in (women, working out, healthy eating and fighting depression). So I am unlikely to be an INFJ as I tend to provoke people a lot, often unbeknowst to me even.​
  • INFP.. I went through high school thinking I was an INFP. But I was just a depressed ENTP. This got more obvious over time when my Ti and Fe developed. I became much more confrontative, witty, unapologetic due to Ti but Fe also lead to developing my social skills to turn my wittiness into charm for the ladies, to not be perceived as a nerd anymore. I'd like to say my Fe is really developed now, but I don't think the anime dude above would agree.​
I skimmed through a few pages of posts you've made just now. I defnitely see Ne and Ti. I believe you're an ENTP.
  • Smart and witty? Check. (Ti)
  • Brainstorms ideas on autopilot (Ne) and then replies to others saying "We don't need to brainstorm now guys!" even though you just did (lack of Fi)? Check.
  • Gamer? Check. (Ne)
  • Depressed, sexy nerd? Check. (Ne + Ti + Fe)
  • Interested in Ancient Greece? Check. (Ne, a bit of Si)
  • Argumentative, healthily skeptical? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Hardcore memelord? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Full of self-hatred and self-love at the same time? Check.
  • Struggle with addiction? Check.
  • Lost faith in humanity and even your family? (Ti) Check.
  • Disgusted by narrow-minded people? Check. (Ne + Ti)
  • Thinking of getting rid of social media for good because people are retarded? (and you should) Check. (Ti)
  • Very proficient in English yet you are from South America? Check. (ENTPs are great at learning new things and that definitely includes foreign languages).
  • Edits each and every post? Check.
I could add more but I think you get it by now. I took all of the above from your post history, and curiously it's exactly what I am like as well.

You got me at hardcore memelord, lmao!

Thanks for taking the time to check thru my posts to give some perspective! That "I went through high-school thinking I was an INFP but I was just a depressed ENTP" rung a bell for sure. It makes sense when you think the tertiary and last functions don't develop after your 20s and beyond which makes people wrongly think they change types, and I super feel like I've added a lot of tools to my personality in the past years, or sort of had some attitudes replace others (example: becoming much more assertive)

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
You got me at hardcore memelord, lmao!

Thanks for taking the time to check thru my posts to give some perspective! That "I went through high-school thinking I was an INFP but I was just a depressed ENTP" rung a bell for sure. It makes sense when you think the tertiary and last functions don't develop after your 20s and beyond which makes people wrongly think they change types, and I super feel like I've added a lot of tools to my personality in the past years, or sort of had some attitudes replace others (example: becoming much more assertive)

You're welcome, Bella. It's really hard to type yourself when you're an ENTP (a random dude in reddit who's also an ENTP managed to type me, I was stuck between INTJ and INFP) so I'm happy to help out.

Yup, it does make sense, and your whole rationalizing with an open mind approach (Ti + Ne) here in this reply has convinced me even more.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
INTJ - This thread was a pretty good read.
However don't fall into the trap of associating Myers Briggs with your individuality.
You can do exactly what you make yourself do.
On in your case what inspires you to want something to happen.
I also envy the ENTP's knack for creativity, further expressing that ideology of perfection is imperfect.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Going to come back to this post to take some much needed notes because there's a lot to unpack here. I appreciate you taking the time. I'm a fellow ENTP and most everything that I've read here rings true for me. I just put in my 2 weeks about 3 days ago at my current job and am going to be pursuing Entrepreneurship full-time. I've got a semi-organized mental framework for how I'm going to get my business off the ground.

I've got some tips I'd like to add that will really help ENTP thrive in any new ventures they try to undertake.

1. Get your expenses LOW.
I've been working on cutting expenses for about a year now and finally have my expenses so low that I can pay my monthly bills from just 1 or 2 clients which I can easily acquire. I'm moving from Miami Florida to a city that is a lot cheaper to live in and have about a year worth of savings to get me by if I get zero clients (which is unlikely). The pressure of finances and paying your bills is something that stunts all your creative energy as an ENTP because we need freedom to let our brains run at full speed which is something that doesn't happen if we're stressing about where we are going to be working to get our bills paid. You can either get a high paying job which generally adds more stress to your life or you can do what I did and move to a place that's extremely cheap and get all of your unnecessary expenses low.

2. Don't get stuck!
I worked at the job I just quit for about 5 years and in these 5 years I've been in this automatic cycle of comfort because the job paid me enough to get by which took away a lot of my drive to better myself. I was going to work and then going home to play video games and I wasn't working on myself at all. I felt extremely stuck because I didn't want to give up the comfort of a 9 to5 job even though every fiber in my body was telling me to quit. If you're feeling stuck, just make sure that you devise a general plan for how you can get out of it and then get to work on bringing those plans to fruition. We're pretty good at that thankfully.

We've got some pretty bad a$$ brains as ENTPs, so we've got to use them or we risk staying mediocre. Just because you've got the tools to succeed, doesn't mean it'll come all on it's own. It'll still take a lot of work and perseverance but that's what you've got this forum for. Most of the people here will give you a kick in the a$$ when you're falling short of what you've got the potential to achieve.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You're welcome, Bella. It's really hard to type yourself when you're an ENTP (a random dude in reddit who's also an ENTP managed to type me, I was stuck between INTJ and INFP) so I'm happy to help out.

Yup, it does make sense, and your whole rationalizing with an open mind approach (Ti + Ne) here in this reply has convinced me even more.

Update: After a lot of reading on cognitive functions and meme'ing around, ENTP 200%... just thought you'd like to know :p I think I'm on a great track with Fe but I still haven't really connected with the Si aspect of myself which explains a lot of things.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Update: After a lot of reading on cognitive functions and meme'ing around, ENTP 200%... just thought you'd like to know :p I think I'm on a great track with Fe but I still haven't really connected with the Si aspect of myself which explains a lot of things.

It's going to be a work in progress your whole life. Also, because of the 7th slot Fi you're probably going to continue questioning your type for a long time. Ironically this further cements the Ne + Ti.

You likely won't ever be as organized as a Dominant/Auxiliary Si type and thank god for that. Their desire for order, doing things "the way they should be done" and consumerist mindset borders insanity. But according to them we're the crazy weirdos.

You know what makes us less insane than them? We can actually see through their narrow-minded, lateral way of thinking and realize that in their reality they're 100% right. On the other hand though I've never seen an Si dom/aux truly understand we're wired differently. To them, there's only one way of doing things - "the right way" or "the way everyone does it". Philosophy is "a waste of time" and talking about the vastness of the Universe, its laws and metaphysics makes their brains fry like the ending scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.