The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do I have to be extroverted to be a successful entrepreneur?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Not at all, being introvert or extroverted doesn't matter :).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Do I need to be an extroverted person to be successful at creating a business system?
No.

However...

If you looking for an excuse not to try... That personality type is a major problem.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Being "extroverted" would give you some advantages in sales, but you can learn to be a good salesman as an "introvert". Extroversion and introversion are not binary conditions: it's a spectrum that can change based on the day and who you are with. I wouldn't be so quick to classify yourself as either one as it limits how you perceive yourself and your ability to improve.

Anyone can get better at talking to people, become a better salesman, or become a better entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes.

You also need blue eyes, dark hair, and be at least 6 feet tall.

Oh yes, and you also need to be born in the sign of Scorpio or Taurus.

humthesongg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 15, 2024
You don't have to be extroverted. As long as you have a strong enough purpose that is enough to overcome any obstacle. A strong enough purpose can even lead an introverted person to become an extrovert for the sake of accomplishing their goals, if extroversion is required. But again I believe it is not required, focus on purpose instead. Like @Jon822 mentioned its not all or nothing, it's a spectrum that can change and it is always in your control how you perceive yourself.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thinking about this more in a utilitarian way.

First of all, I'm solidly an introvert. I don't like crowds. I don't like meaningless conversation. I don't like parties.

I am, however, a functional deal maker. I can do great in a business meeting because of great preparation. I also somehow thought my way through several hundred solo radio show episodes.

I think most super extroverted people live on the surface. They have little depth. Think realtor that will tell you "location, location, location" as if you haven't heard that before. Super extroverts come across irritating to me.

A functional introvert, in contrast, would dive a lot deeper into the economic headwinds and tailwinds facing a property and could come up with a much more well thought out business strategy.

The world kind of needs both. Extroverted salespeople are better. Functional introvert CEOs are better.

There are also debilitatingly introverted people. People that are deathly afraid of talking on the phone for instance. They aren't screwed, but a serious effort needs to be made to exit the comfort zone to get certain things done.

I wasn't always this "functional" and it is a skill to build for some, like me, and it comes more naturally to others.

I'd rather have the ability to think through things that I have, and have to work on my social skills a bit than the other way around. I'm not convinced the ultra extrovert bros of the world have much going on in their heads.

HitanshuDarji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2024
Thinking about this more in a utilitarian way.

First of all, I'm solidly an introvert. I don't like crowds. I don't like meaningless conversation. I don't like parties.

I am, however, a functional deal maker. I can do great in a business meeting because of great preparation. I also somehow thought my way through several hundred solo radio show episodes.

I think most super extroverted people live on the surface. They have little depth. Think realtor that will tell you "location, location, location" as if you haven't heard that before. Super extroverts come across irritating to me.

A functional introvert, in contrast, would dive a lot deeper into the economic headwinds and tailwinds facing a property and could come up with a much more well thought out business strategy.

The world kind of needs both. Extroverted salespeople are better. Functional introvert CEOs are better.

There are also debilitatingly introverted people. People that are deathly afraid of talking on the phone for instance. They aren't screwed, but a serious effort needs to be made to exit the comfort zone to get certain things done.

I wasn't always this "functional" and it is a skill to build for some, like me, and it comes more naturally to others.

I'd rather have the ability to think through things that I have, and have to work on my social skills a bit than the other way around. I'm not convinced the ultra extrovert bros of the world have much going on in their heads.
Wow, thanks this really gave me an insight into how I should think about it!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Do I need to be an extroverted person to be successful at creating a business system?

No, but you need to take cold showers, meditate, and journal your thoughts as part of your morning routine.

And don't forget about positive affirmations!

All jokes aside, I think @Kak said it very well.

Being an introvert can be a huge advantage in business.

Your job as an entrepreneur is to come up with and implement solutions for difficult problems. This means that you must be able to enjoy being alone, all by yourself, and think uninterruptedly about the same problem for days and weeks at a time.

Our society doesn't understand what the terms extrovert/introvert actually mean, and they are often used to describe one's social ability - which couldn't be further from the truth.

The best leaders in the world are highly introverted. They use their own brains to think for themselves and only open their mouths when they have something useful to say.

As opposed to a rabid extrovert who constantly needs stimulation, feedback, and external validation from others.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Think of everything you spent money on yesterday. Were the businesses you bought from owned by introverts or extroverts?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Think of everything you spent money on yesterday. Were the businesses you bought from owned by introverts or extroverts?

It is almost like my money doesn't care and just goes to the best solution/service.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Love this answer. Really highlights the absurdity of it and puts into perspective that it’s not about you.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
She might be an extrovert and yes I didn't care. I got to fulfilled my caffeine addiction.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Dois-je être une personne extravertie pour réussir à créer un système d’entreprise ?
Many responses underline that there is no correlation, meaning you don't need to be extroverted to succeed in entrepreneurship.

If you still have doubts, search for information on the owner of this forum, and you'll have your answer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.