The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriters: what's your Fastlane route?

Marketing, social media, advertising

RobbieFoston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 12, 2021
London, UK
Hola,

I've been a direct response copywriter for a few years now and I'm interested in connecting with others in the space.

I love it. I love writing for clients and I love the analytical approach to high-performing copy. However, it's a lot of work and it's a very slowlane business. If I don't work, I don't make money. My rates are good so it's not like I'm struggling, but its never going to make me wealthy.

I'm interested to hear how others have moved from a service-based role to a fastlane opportunity.

My current thinking is to launch an agency in a specific copywriting niche (B2B Tech) - it's a growing industry with tons of money, and where my experitse lie. I would then gradually onboard other copywriters and essentially sit on top of the business, reviewing and editing work before it's sent to the client. It's not totally fastlane but I do enjoy it so it's not a major issue for me.

Any feedback would be great and any insight into what you're doing as well.

PS. Coaching is not an option. I don't like the online coaching space and find it very scammy. Most of the highest earning copywriting coaches are actually poor copywriters (it's the classic notion of making your money teaching others how to do something you can't make money doing yourself).

Cheers,
Robbie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hola,

I've been a direct response copywriter for a few years now and I'm interested in connecting with others in the space.

I love it. I love writing for clients and I love the analytical approach to high-performing copy. However, it's a lot of work and it's a very slowlane business. If I don't work, I don't make money. My rates are good so it's not like I'm struggling, but its never going to make me wealthy.

I'm interested to hear how others have moved from a service-based role to a fastlane opportunity.

My current thinking is to launch an agency in a specific copywriting niche (B2B Tech) - it's a growing industry with tons of money, and where my experitse lie. I would then gradually onboard other copywriters and essentially sit on top of the business, reviewing and editing work before it's sent to the client. It's not totally fastlane but I do enjoy it so it's not a major issue for me.

Any feedback would be great and any insight into what you're doing as well.

PS. Coaching is not an option. I don't like the online coaching space and find it very scammy. Most of the highest earning copywriting coaches are actually poor copywriters (it's the classic notion of making your money teaching others how to do something you can't make money doing yourself).

Cheers,
Robbie
Direct Response Copywriting -> DR Agency -> Agency Coaching -> Lead Gen Agency is sort of my flow over the years.

So it sounds like you're thinking in the right direction. Use your copywriting skill to provide scalable value and build a business instead of being a 1-man operation.

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
I'm just going to give my 2 cents here...

Maybe what Alex Cattoni did and Amy Potterfield

Alex now sells courses and has a YouTube Channel plus a mastermind program

She has her own personal brand and can make money also with speaking gigs...

Amy Potterfield used to work for Tony Robbins and very quickly figured out that it was better to fire her clients and sell courses on how to make courses online LOL

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I'm still a freelance copywriter but it seems like the choice is between coaching (consulting, online courses, digital materials, etc.) or building an agency.

You also have a third option, do any business as copywriting is much more than just knowing how to write copy, it teaches the big picture about everything from understanding your customer and product to actually selling it. You don't have to start a copywriting-related business, coaching & agency are just more obvious options. Everything your clients do, you can do too.

I'm personally going the agency route as I'm not a fan of posting content on social media daily (essential if you want to sell courses), although, I'm still planning to do it every now and then. If I loved making content, I would continue to freelance and start with low-ticket digital products and scale from there until there's no point (financially) in working with clients.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.