The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I think this ChatGPT is impressive, but not the everyone will become unemployed fear-mongering some people are into.

I tried to use it to generate copy and I wasn't happy. Lifeless, generic, boring copy. Good starting point and source of ideas, so definitely useful, but still.

I can't see this replacing programmers any time soon either. Even if it helps with small pieces of code, or maybe converting code from some languages to others (although I read that it's got issues with some languages that are less mainstream or have less common paradigms, like Clojure - haven't tried myself though), the big picture of building a complex system is probably way above this AI technology and any technology in the near future, if possible at all. It might reduce the junior man time needed, but I don't see this replacing more experienced developers that make a difference. "Build me a website like Facebook that generates X billions in revenue" is not going to work; not now, not in decades I think. Not even a simpler web application (static websites are a different story though, but that's not "coding" anyway).

Understanding requirements is the most difficult part, and making sure whoever decides those requirements doesn't change them 10 times or misses 50% of them to start with. I'd like to see how this tech works when requirements change and the code needs to accommodate for this. I can see it generating fresh code accurately, probably replacing some methodologies like TDD, but not quite evolving existing code accurately. I've seen that it can help fixing bugs. Not sure about the complexity though, and I assume it's something like "program crashes, here's the offending line, I'll implement one of the most common fixes and see if it's fixed, otherwise try the next one". I bet languages such as Rust, that make it more difficult to shot yourself in the foot, won't benefit from ChatGPT much as most runtime errors are made impossible by the compiler. In any case, fixing bugs of whatever kind looks easier to achieve than adapting existing code for new functionality.

I might be wrong in 20 years, let's see.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
WTF. In my boring boring safe safe corporate see regulated industry, in my group pretty big group of people, they want to utilise Chatgpt for real.

That for me is really proof this is shaking things up.

EDIT: if slow slow big corporates are paying attention I believe you should be too. Use cases include generation of documents, a hell a lot in regulated industry, optimisation and generation of business improvement ideas.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A client used ChatGPT to generate the copy for a Facebook Ad. He says it's performing better than any of the ads they ran before.

I've seen videos of people using ChatGPT to help build paid search campaigns. I don't understand why they don't just use the Google Keyword Planner. Google's better at this than ChatGPT.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I think this ChatGPT is impressive, but not the everyone will become unemployed fear-mongering some people are into.
People have always feared impending change and the unknown, and I am no exception to this. It's within our human nature.

But if we look at history, every single time a new automation technology emerged, everyone become richer and standard of living increased.

Sewing machine, typewriter, printing press, digital computer, high-level programming languages and compilers.
All those things just resulted in more products being generated for cheaper.

Jobs get replaced, people don't.

I can't see this replacing programmers any time soon either.
AI tools will replace programmers just like agricultural machinery replaced farmers.

They didn't.

They made farmers 10 times more productive and wealthier, and increased the global food supply by orders of magnitude.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thing is great for certain things, not so great for others. In both cases, it can be helpful for minimally offering a scented trail to follow.

I've used this thing to solve multiple problems in seconds, problems that would take me hours to define and solve using normal search engine tools.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
This is exactly what I predicted in this thread, 2 weeks prior to the Google announcement.

What I can see happening however (and it's already here to some extent), is that you will get a small box with a text summary of your answer on top of the list of search results, which is very useful and looks nice.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
View: https://twitter.com/mrexits/status/1622458692670210049

and ruh roh:
FoZn0VlXsAYLXgI

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It'd be fun to keep that chat open and go back to it on the 16th and ask why it was wrong. It'll give it's usual, "I'm sorry -- that was incorrect -- the real date is February 22nd" or some such nonsense. Funny that it would even say that though.

I think history shows that almost all crashes happen on Monday or Friday. That date is a Wednesday.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Yup, let's see how they do it without cannibalizing their main business which is Google Search. Not sure about FB but they're a sinking ship.

For some reason, a lot of the tech folks (mainly coders) seem to dislike OpenAI and ChatGPT. Maybe because they see it coming for their jobs lol
The comment section in the Gmail founder's Twitter post above says it all.

you realize that the only way ChatGPT will make money, is the exact same way that Google already makes money? Not sure how Googles own AIbot, will 'cannibalize' Google Search.. I mean, the very first thing Microsoft did was integrate ChatGPT into BING!! lol.

As for facebook, it is a cash cow. the only thing they are "sinking" is; their money into supercomputers and AI systems.
While the internet laughs at Zuck for the "metaverse" the entire time all that money has been going into AI and Supercomputer development putting them leaps ahead of the competition.... I mean only most of the world uses Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, must be sinking quick!
On a side note:
Facebook owns/built the worlds fastest supercomputer while the mass media was laughing about how dumb zuckerberg is for changing his company name to Meta.

but anyway, i think ChatGPT is cool, but I think google is the market leader in this space. There is room for multiple competitors.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
As an autodidact website designer I'm kind of a professionnal google searcher, and yes ChatGPT is quite impressive.

You can ask it every questions that cross your mind and tell it to further elaborate, again and again.

Very specific questions like "What are the 5 main problems that accountant are facing in my country at this time"

And then you may ask it to elaborate specifically on one thing at a time, like "How can I solve this problem with my webdesign skills" etc...

Of course it's not perfect but as a base of reflexion it's fantastic, and it will be stronger and stronger in the future.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Looks like ChatGPT has added a paid option to their website for US-based users.

$20/mo for unlimited access seems pretty reasonable to me, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

ChatGPT Plus.png

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States

$20/mo for unlimited access seems pretty reasonable to me, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

View attachment 47117

I saw that some days ago. As long as the free plan exists, I doubt most standard users will get the Plus option.

For businesses who have found valuable use for it and have worked it into their workflow, then $20/month is a steal.
Down the line, they'll inevitably limit the $20 option to a certain number of tokens, add a Business Plan with a larger token size, around $99, and an unlimited Enterprise option around $299. That's just my random prediction.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I saw that some days ago. As long as the free plan exists, I doubt most standard users will get the Plus option.
That is what happens every time with the freemium model. The only ones that end up paying are those that use this for commercial purposes.

The free users (~80% of the userbase) are still useful because they do free marketing for the company. They maintain brand awareness and keep the product popular. Basically productocracy.

Usually companies introduce planned obsolescence and deliberately make the product worse, to incentivize buying the pro version.

As far as I can tell, this is already happening.
The speed at which this thing generates text has been decreased - as far as I can tell.

J_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2023
the Netherlands
I use chatGPT sometimes to quickly summarize some papers for school or to get answers for coding questions. Furthermore, it's nice that you can interact with it to get better answers. It's a very useful tool, but not always correct and in my opinion it's biased.

I tested if he knows about the Millionaire Fastlane and if he then understands the CENTS framework, but his answer wasn't correct.

chatGPT answer.PNG

shayfer

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2023
Alabama

View attachment 47117
I pulled the trigger when I got the email. I don't use it all day everyday but it seemed like when I did need it, it was unavailable. I will admit it seems also faster but it could be the questions I have been asking it.

Kimmy XD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
Yes, I agree - it is the most amazing invention as of yet especially for writers. The other day, I asked it to write me a search engine optimized article about Topic X and it did this in a matter of seconds. Of course, it would be up to you if you use it or not, but how it did this with pristine accuracy and perfection is mind-blowing.

One thing I asked it to do was re-write a paragraph I wrote and make it search engine optimized... and poof! There it was!

I'm also in nursing school and this has been a great study aid! I've mentioned this in a Discord community for nursing students and the backlash I received was disappointing. One person accused me of cheating and so on and so forth. I'm not that dumb to commit plagiarism or whatnot. I just like how it explains concepts to me beautifully! So, I left that community.

Anyway, anyone considering the paid route? Do you think it's worth $20/month?

Kimmy XD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I typed the same thing for both Biden and Trump, and apparently, they must have fixed this because AI argues:

As an AI language model, I do not take sides in political debates or provide opinions on specific political figures. However, it's a well-known fact that former President Donald Trump's presidency was marked by controversy and division. Some have argued that his actions and statements during his presidency undermined the institutions of democracy and the rule of law, while others felt that he was a disruptor who challenged the status quo and brought needed change.

It's important to engage in informed and respectful discourse, and to consider multiple viewpoints and perspectives. When evaluating political decisions or actions, it's useful to consider the facts and data, as well as their potential consequences and impacts.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
So I figured this forum thread title was grossly overstated, but after their partnership with OpenAI, I think that Microsoft will try to steal serious market share from Google with Bing

Watch this video from 28:00 - 28:30, and from 35:44 to 36:18

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOeRWRJ16yY

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
View: https://twitter.com/AlexHormozi/status/1612913266195587072

I ignore most of the hype surrounding GPT, especially after some of the examples of the dumb mistakes it makes and its bias. Now gpt is just a predictive model, but what will 4 mean for the world once it's released?
It can be authoritatively wrong about a whole lot more stuff! "Garbage in, garbage out" still holds, and if they're still training this thing on reddit posts and some dude's blog, more garbage in will just mean more garbage out.

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
So I figured this forum thread title was grossly overstated, but after their partnership with OpenAI, I think that Microsoft will try to steal serious market share from Google with Bing
This move surprised me a lot, everyone taught that Bing was simply just another search engine. This is a great move and looking for any more advances with AI.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
View: https://twitter.com/denny_zhou/status/1624526445669396480?t=DIXhgcqjLMPM28PIMgi1GA&s=19

Interesting take on the Microsoft enthusiasm.

I went for the 20€ subscription as soon as it was available in Germany.

It won't teach beginners proper programming skills, but for advanced programmers it can really speed up certain tasks.
I got nowhere with GitLab + reverse proxy installation issues (redirection loops), but once GitLab was running it took no time to set up a scheduled pipeline that tests my two runners with a very basic two step Golang pipeline (compile & test) ... and I hardly know anything about Go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.