The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Bought a huge house with a 3 car garage and a pool!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

goldstein

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa,Canada
@LeftBench ,what a beautiful story and a beautiful family you have. It's amazing to see the progress you've had in such a short period of time. Thank you very much for having the courage to share your journey with us and keeping the right attitude to change your situation. I have found a ton of value in reading your thread. In both taking action and learning how to sacrifice your own selfish needs for the well-being of your family. It takes a strong person to do so.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
@LeftBench just read through the entire thread. What a journey you've made! Congrats on your progress and the realizations that you've made early before it turned for the worse. I'm glad to hear that life is going well for you.

Would you happen to have any updates in 2018? Curious to see how your progress is going a few months after your last update!

Hey brother! Thank you for the kind words. 2018 is off to a good start so far. Just cruising along now. I had to get rid of the beater pickup truck I bought, and we ended up getting a slightly used mini van. We have another payment again but its less than half of my old truck payment, thankfully.

Still chipping away and chugging along.. no complaints!

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
@LeftBench ,what a beautiful story and a beautiful family you have. It's amazing to see the progress you've had in such a short period of time. Thank you very much for having the courage to share your journey with us and keeping the right attitude to change your situation. I have found a ton of value in reading your thread. In both taking action and learning how to sacrifice your own selfish needs for the well-being of your family. It takes a strong person to do so.

Thank you so much for this post!! I'm so happy my words could give you value... I really appreciate your kind comments. THANK YOU!! :)

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
I hope everyone is crushing 2019.

Happy to report that our credit card debt is finally at $0.00!!!!!!!!!!

We are happy for many reasons, one being that my wife and I had our third child (3rd boy!) in October of 2018. So life has been crazy but awesome.

We kept our eyes on the goal. We strayed a bit and overspent here and there, but we are so pumped to be out of credit card debt finally.

Just wanted to let you all know. I hope everyone is well.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG

We are happy for many reasons, one being that my wife and I had our third child (3rd boy!) in October of 2018. So life has been crazy but awesome.

We kept our eyes on the goal. We strayed a bit and overspent here and there, but we are so pumped to be out of credit card debt finally.

congrats!

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Mission accomplished.

How are you gonna celebrate?

And after that, what’s next?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Being in the house cleaning business, I saw many families like yours was. The difference..... they were in over their heads and either didn't know where to turn or didn't want to face reailty and not look like a big shot to their friends. Your family on the other hand, did the right thing and it seems as though you are very happy. Your future looks bright! Stay happy.

Oh yeah, about the straying from your budget.... who ever reads this..... it's ok, we all need a little pick me up every now and then. If you are trying to get your life straight like this family did, just pick up the budget today, where you left off before and you will be debt free before you know it.

simonstanley

Contributor
Sep 3, 2013
Man this is an inspiring thread, thank you for posting. I've been looking at buying my first property to live in, bank would lend me a fair bit, but this has reaffirmed that in the future I need to only buy what I need, an amount I can pay each month almost without having to think about it. An owned house / apartment is better than nothing and adds security to the equation, but indeed fastlane streams of income are the ultimate goal. Thanks again.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Mission accomplished.

How are you gonna celebrate?

And after that, what’s next?

I'm gonna upgrade and buy a massive house!

Just kidding. Not doing anything special.

What's next? Re-reading TMF, read Unscripted, get more involved in the forums, and focus on becoming a Fastlane Millionaire.

And staying out of debt

Tubs

Taking Action
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA

I just read through the whole thread, amazing job! With the discipline you built up and the determination you used to reach your goals over the course of years I can see you making it into the fastlane.
Congratulations and best of luck!

Mike Stoian

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 24, 2019
And now I'm up to my eyeballs in debt.

I make a decent living from my Slowlane job, but obviously its not what I want in life, which is why I am here. Recently my family and I upgraded to a much nicer home on a bigger piece of land. I knew that money was going to be tight, but didn't realize it was going to be THIS tight. We've been racking up some debt on the credit cards and are just barely able to cover all the bills. I have a few loans that will be paid off soon, making it easier to make sure all the bills will be paid, but I'll definitely still be living paycheck to paycheck.

This is possibly the best thing to ever happen to me though. I needed a kick in the a$$ to get myself back into the Fastlane mindset. Now that I'm feeling the heat knowing that I need to be making extra money to keep this roof over my family's head, I KNOW that I will succeed.

Thanks to the MF book and this forum, I have a much different MINDSET than I had years ago. I am making different CHOICES and I am experiencing a level of MOTIVATION that I've never experienced before. Old me would be blaming my poor choices on bad luck, my job, someone else, etc. New me is using this as a motivator to go out there and find some needs and kick some a$$.

Have a great night all.
Don't wanna be mean, after all I'm talking out of my a$$ but that sounds a lot like sidewalk to me

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom