The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

As lost as I was 2 years ago but with 100x more skills. Not sure what I want to do.

Anything related to matters of the mind

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
I posted my first comment in this sub about 1 and a half years ago. I was 19 which saddens me realizing I am 22 and some change now, and haven't really progressed forward linearly speaking.

Anyways, I am genuinely not sure which route to take. 6 months ago I was in a management position at a fairly successful company, whilst going to school. I was partnered up with a mentor/COO and we were going to launch a business together. Everything was going well in retrospect but I wasn't happy, so I dropped everything and moved 3000 miles to pursue and opportunity.

Fell. Hard. Ended up homeless, with a credit under 500 and piled on the debt. I also sold $1,000,000 worth of products via cold calling and didn't get paid a dime. I didn't really know what I was getting into, so I returned.

My world's changed though, I did go back to school, but relationship with past mentor got damaged. I am also getting calls from bill collectors daily and I am unemployed. I owe probably $5-10,000 but it's still affecting my daily mental framework.

I have no problem with hard work. I was working 12-14 hour days at the last job, homeless, with mo money for food but I believed so much that I pushed forward regardless.

I also understand the long game is 5-10 years. If I get successful in 2, that is luck.

My skilset is sales (Have spent thousands on training), and marketing. I also have experienced in B2B tech sales, alongside a vast array of millionaires that I've networked with over the years. Meeting one tomorrow for lunch to see if I can help.

I guess I am looking for someone to A) Tell me I am still really young and it's going to be ok and B) To tell me exactly what business I need to start.

I just hate being not only broke, but in complete uncertainty about my future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

D_Benga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 7, 2019
East Coast
Wow. You have had a rough couple of years. I feel like the worst is behind you. I would advice you to hang in there and keep trying to network with whoever you can and get back on track.

You are still young and your best years are ahead of you. Don't let the past make a determination for you future. Good luck.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I wish I could fulfill B and tell you what kind of business you should start but can't help you on that, but man not only are you incredibly young and will be ok, but you have some pretty impressive failure at such a young age and are most likely in a much better spot than you think.

My view is your failure is gold in your personal development and 90%+ of your fellow 22 year olds have not experienced it due to staying low riskish.

Your assessment of having 100X skill development is probably correct, a lot is due to your failure and if you keep pushing, stay positive, be wise with what money you have and do well for others, you will be crushing it down the road.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
A.) You are still young and you say you've sold millions through cold calling.

(Most 22 year olds are trapped in 60k in debt and think capitalism is their enemy. They have no idea how to make things happen. Their phone enslaves them instead of empowering them. You don't have that problem.)

B.) Get an entry level sales job to get on your feet and out of debt. Then, worry about starting a business. Become a sales trainer or something if you've really sold millions through cold calling at 22. It makes a compelling story about how you turned it all around and.... just don't become a total guru please.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.