The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alex Hormozi. What is your opinion? Mine is (mostly) negative.

Guru

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
There is a lot of passive bro-hate in this thread over a guy that is more successful than prob 95% of this forum.

1. He tells you everything he is doing and will do.
  2. All of his stuff is FREE, except with the purchase you make on your own at Amazon for $0.99 - the guy makes basically nothing on it.
  3. His book at this launch was just his collectors hardcover book for what? $29 or something? Wait a few weeks when the softcover is printed and get it for $0.99 so he can make $0.30 on it... lol
  4. Dude has his newest book for FREE on his podcast, go listen to it for free instead of buying it.
  5. His podcast, youtube, and other material for free is also good.
  6. At some point this guy deserves to sell something at $2k and make money. You telling me you wouldn't if you were in his shoes? The funny thing is, most of you wouldn't have put the years of work into this like he did and executed like he did.. but would jump at the chance to sell some shitty course at $2k.
Quit the passive bro-hate

Dude is wearing a 70's Michigan Lumberjack mustache and a nose strip and is running circles on most of you... and you all can do is anticipate his sellout phase.

Spend that time on diesel and coffee.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
He said his intention is to grow his reputation and find more people to apply to have their business being invested by him.

But I doubt this. Unless you are a star founder it is always the founder chasing the investor.

I think the end game is to his reputation to sell the franchise of the business that he is personally invested in. This is the fastest route to 100x on his investment.

This is the classic tip the poor, harvest from the rich method. Think of Mr Beast who throw cash at average joe and making it back from Adsense and merchandise.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I do struggle to understand why he turned himself into an Internet guru *after* he made all of his money, especially since he's hardly selling anything to his audience.

The whole "I encourage people to start companies so I can buy them and grow them" does not make sense since people who need Hormozi to start a company will not succeed.

His first book was great though.

Edit: maybe he started his influencer career because he felt lonely.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I do struggle to understand why he turned himself into an Internet guru *after* he made all of his money, especially since he's hardly selling anything to his audience.

The whole "I encourage people to start companies so I can buy them and grow them" does not make sense since people who need Hormozi to start a company will not succeed.

He talked about it on a podcast. He didn't understand the power of a personal brand until he had an aha moment and then went all-in on it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
He scammed everyone. Stole all the credit cards. Forced us to buy a course for three easy payments of $2,997.

... I'm just giving you shit...

... he did a full stack and pretended like he was going to sell it as a whole package for 997... and everybody "bought it" hook, line, and sinker... and then he's like "I'm just joking, I'm giving it all away for free whether or not you buy my book. Here's the link. Oh, please buy my book too. But I'm going to give you the audio version for free. So if you don't want to buy it, here it is free."

Dude's playing the long game.

Very successfully.
He mentioned this in some podcast too.

He doesn't in believe in Give, Give, Give, Ask. (The Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook... as Gary V proposes.)

He explained that every time you withdraw from your bank of good will, you start with an empty account again. So he'll keep growing that good will.

He believes in Give, Give, Give, Get.

He is indeed playing the long game.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

He is not investing in companies where they need him to start

He is investing in companies already doing 1-10m and growing them from there

Sometimes he takes the ceo out and puts his own ceo in

Sometimes the deals are he just takes 51% pays you nothing

He talks about it very openly on his episodes of the my first million podcast

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
A total guru and scammer. He's setting all these up for the big reel-in eventually. Warming up his audience and growing it bigger, more rapidly. He's not interested in making money from $299 or $799 courses. He wants something far bigger and the fox will reveal its tail in the near future. No one's in this to do charity work or "from the goodness of their hearts".
So you think him and Mr. Beast are scammers. Two people who are actively giving away things and money. Seems like you have some trust with successful people in general. You just can't believe that people would actually give to give.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't think he's a scammer, I think he's just trying to make billions of dollars.

He could make millions selling business courses, or he can make billions by investing his millions into companies that have 100x or 1000x potential.

He gets access to potentially great companies at an earlier stage by producing content meant to help them. He maximizes reach by making it free and ubiquitously available. People see it, their companies start to hit certain benchmarks and they say "Hmm, that Alex Hormozi guy really helped me, I should apply to be a portfolio company"

Whether you agree with his advice or not, all that matters is that it helps somebody, and that somebody decides to work with his company.

He's not the only "guru" who does this.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
He talked about it on a podcast. He didn't understand the power of a personal brand until he had an aha moment and then went all-in on it.
I know, he gave the Kardashian as an example.

But that still doesn't make sense since he's not starting consumer brands, and he's not even using his fame to advertise his brands.

Most of the money he makes, he makes it "in the shadow" and doesn't need fame for that.

So I stay on my position: he feels lonely. He once tweeted that people who "resent him for winning" would be kicked out of his life. Since that includes 99.9999% of people, I dont think the guy has many friends.

Either way, none of this matters. All that matters is how good his book is.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
People that aren't successful are typically the ones that think it's a scam.

Think about this way.

You already have ( I'm making this up, not sure how much Alex is worth or has ) $10m in the bank ( liquid ) and you are worth $100m on paper/assets. This number could be more or less. Again I made it up.

For a lot of people, the game isn't about retiring to a lake/ocean villa and then waiting to die.

Some people like to keep pressing forward. Think Musk, Gates, Branson, etc.

What's the best way to do that? Maybe own/start more companies after you have everything you want?

You don't need to do the rat race anymore, so what's an option to you now in doing so?

How about training people for free on social media? How about proving how good you are, people can't help but notice you and talk about you. How about getting all kinds of PR and eyeballs to you and your brand that shows you know your stuff.

How is this that much different than Shark Tank? Except, Alex doesn't have to go on TV and be pitched and fight for equity and royalities. People line up and and ask him, with no other competition ( sharks ).

Is Mr Wonderful a fraud? If he is so good why doesn't he start more of his own brands? Same for Mark Cuban. Same for all the others that came on the show. Why don't they just start their own brands instead of getting a piece of someone else's?

When people come to Alex, Alex now has the upper hand.

All those hours spent on making videos and sharing what he already knows, pays off in 1 acquisition more than likely ( for years and years, not just when he makes the deal ). But he is probably closing more than 1 deal so the return is very high.

He is making himself the goto source for systematically and rapidly growing your business. The authority almost.

Tell me why he WOULDN'T want to do this... lol

He doesn't have to build new companies, he just has people line up wanting him to take theirs. And he doesn't have to do anything for it but make more YouTube videos and podcasts and write more books while his team that he trained does all the legwork and grows the company.

This is how you turn 1 or 2 books, into multiple $10m+ companies each year that you own a % of.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Tell me why he WOULDN'T want to do this... lol
Exactly. We all have a personal brand, and it's non-taxable as @Kak pointed out. With personal brands dominating YouTube and social media platforms then why not grow your personal brand on those?

I also think it's more a case of why not than why.

Btw... not only is he building a personal brand through his content machine, he's also built the content to grow a personal brand.

He now knows better how to grow brands using content for any of the businesses he's working with.

What's even more valuable than the content he's already created and the know-how he's acquired, is the machine he's built to create that content.

Who's to say he's not already using that machine to blow up other non-personal brands he's invested in?

The guy is having a massive impact already. I'm pretty sure that impact will convert into profit as well if it's not already done so. And if he keeps it up his personal brand will get bigger and bigger.

Our personal brands are for life right?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I think he’s just trying to help people

I don’t know why people always associate rich/wealthy people who are trying to help others as “attention” thirsty or just trying to make more money.

My friend told me that all wealthy people are selfish and only want to make more money.

He watches Mr beast so I brought up Mr beast and he said “he’s only in it for the money aswell”

Like what?

He proceeds to go on statistics and how mr beast apparently makes money from his videos

(I think he actually loses if not breaks even on most)

He always says that they’re all horrible people.

I asked him another day what he would want to be.

He said he wanted to do a good cause and post videoes about it so he makes more money.

Moral? He’s a stupid hypocrite.

People make these rich people seem so bad but they sometime just do it for good intentions.

I think it’s cause they don’t know what they’d do with all that fame and wealth.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I think when your portfolio of companies bring in 60million a MONTH or whatever Alex said… then what do you do with your money? Besides make it a game to see if you can 100x as many businesses as possible, even ones you have no stake in… just for fun. Like a personal challenge, or maybe he made a bet with someone lol. Either way he doesn’t need your money. He’s set! I think he just does this for the fun of it and the karma :).

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
His content has been AMAZINGLY helpful with my business AND my life. Love the dude.
His wife's content is even better. Just rebuilt our hiring process off of one her videos. 3 new killers coming into the company.

AND you can learn something from everyone. Change your language!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just rebuilt our hiring process off of one her videos.

Do share! I'm curious what resonates with Zane the engineer. ;-)

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
But I doubt this. Unless you are a star founder it is always the founder chasing the investor.

This is false. I worked in this industry and part of my job was to find the opportunities that we would raise capital for. Yes founders chase investors. But there are investors who are constantly scout for the right investments because they will get the opportunity before anyone else does. That's just smart business.

Additionally, investors are constantly pursuing for opportunities in the small business space. We discuss it plenty on this forum. Hormozi is attempting to play the same game at a higher level, and he's looking to attract the founders...much like big investment houses do.

His content has been AMAZINGLY helpful with my business AND my life. Love the dude.
His wife's content is even better. Just rebuilt our hiring process off of one her videos. 3 new killers coming into the company.

You are the first person I have heard speak positively about his wife's content. I don't know why the few people I've heard talk about her do not have glowing things to say. Thanks for the share.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I know, he gave the Kardashian as an example.

But that still doesn't make sense since he's not starting consumer brands, and he's not even using his fame to advertise his brands.

Most of the money he makes, he makes it "in the shadow" and doesn't need fame for that.

So I stay on my position: he feels lonely. He once tweeted that people who "resent him for winning" would be kicked out of his life. Since that includes 99.9999% of people, I dont think the guy has many friends.

Either way, none of this matters. All that matters is how good his book is.
Leave the chap alone, sure okay he may not have any friends according to your statement here. But the dude has a winning mindset. The winning mindset could have probably come from his past of losing or something happened to him to experience extreme levels of depression to the point where he decided he wanted to win.

He may not have many friends because he values his time and plus many, and I mean many people probably want to be in his circle because how of experienced he is. Any successful person will attract an audience at a large scale, but do you want to know what's hard for successful people at the top these days?

It's the ability to form authentic relationships with friends or other people without one person wanting something from them. We all would love to just speak with even one successful person(s), but the truth of the matter is, these individuals value their free time.

While I have had the chance to speak with even a few successful people on this, even from the INSIDERS and manual outreach. I usually leave them be, because I know they value their time. They are more than willing to give you helping advice, but it's now up to you to take it and implement it into action.

For his brands, he no longer needs to create companies, that's not his focus. He wants to go to the next level. Of course, with a following of that size, he could create a company selling any product or service and it will mostly likely become an instant success. Why? Because he has a built-in audience that would connect the feedback loop almost simultaneously.

To some, it may look like he's lonely, but the truth of the matter is he's not. He just chooses to not have many friends and we will never know why. That's only for him to know and share with the world, which I am sure he does.

People who resent him for winning are just people who wish they had his level of success because of their own disappointment in where they are at in life. Instead of hating on this guy's success why not celebrate it? He earned it to be at the level. Celebrating someone else's success is so much better than resentment.

It is said, even in Glenn Stearns's books called InteGRITY. People who have reached the top of the mountain change their focus to more Philanthropic pursuits because they just wish to see everyone succeed and help the world in any way they can. He gave all of his knowledge away for free, you can tell he absolutely cares about the world and just wants to give back. I think it could be because of what happened to him in the past, but who knows? I found that among the greats who had a very bad past or experienced some kind of extreme levels of depression are the ones that give the most value to the world at such a low-cost just so that they can help other people avoid what they have gone through at least learn from them in any way they can.

Last edited:

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Don't know who he is and couldn't care any less. I'm 99% sure he's hiding here with several alt accounts with how much he's brought up. If he provides value to your business, then use it (although I would caution anyone to really analyze if it's real value or emotional action faking). If you've watched your 50th YouTube video on swimming, it's been long overdue to just jump in the damn pool.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Lol how can you hate on a guy who gives so much value to the community? This guy has already made it he doesn't need your money, he wants to actually give everyone a chance to setup there own successful business.

Anyway spend all the time u want analyzing his evil motives for "world domination" im actually going to use his FREE stuff to get rich!

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016

I agree Leila Hormozi is more practical.
Alex Hormozi said it in a previous video she is more the operator and he the thinker.

This video for hiring was very helpful to me.
I used it to hire somebody for the office last month.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDs1fI9zsRA&t=2633s

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
That's the video .... we redid our hiring process to handle some of the things she talked about. New process (roughly)

clear job description
do outreach
post hiring position and adspend to it
landing page w/ culture video / faq
first pass review on keywords / experience
send automated challenging questions ... what is your why? how do you fit in to what we do?
2nd pass review
skills interview ... short, 'teach me how to do this'
3rd pass review
job / who we are as a company / how you fit in interview / talk money / talk timing
disc profile
staff interview
final interview w/ President for culture fit
offer
acceptance / paperwork
CLEAR onboarding for new hire w/ goals and schedule

SO much better result w/ most recent two hires. third started today.
@MJ DeMarco

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
That's the video .... we redid our hiring process to handle some of the things she talked about. New process (roughly)

clear job description
do outreach
post hiring position and adspend to it
landing page w/ culture video / faq
first pass review on keywords / experience
send automated challenging questions ... what is your why? how do you fit in to what we do?
2nd pass review
skills interview ... short, 'teach me how to do this'
3rd pass review
job / who we are as a company / how you fit in interview / talk money / talk timing
disc profile
staff interview
final interview w/ President for culture fit
offer
acceptance / paperwork
CLEAR onboarding for new hire w/ goals and schedule

SO much better result w/ most recent two hires. third started today.
@MJ DeMarco
This is standard business practice though (with some variations). The only thing that needs to be adjusted is the talk money/ talk timing that needs to be on the first interview to save everyone's time. Also, I have to compliment you for adding clear onboarding for new hires with goals and schedules. You can be surprised how many companies skip this part. And it is crucial.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This is standard business practice though (with some variations). The only thing that needs to be adjusted is the talk money/ talk timing that needs to be on the first interview to save everyone's time. Also, I have to compliment you for adding clear onboarding for new hires with goals and schedules. You can be surprised how many companies skip this part. And it is crucial.
I see most companies hiring to 'solve pain' or 'hire the smartest' vs find the right culture fit and accountability chart fit.

it's those transitions that even we were not doing well. Leila's video helped a lot getting us to ask hard questions of what we were doing.

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jan 17, 2023
1692823479362.png
My 2 cents, after watchin a few videos of him...

Isn't this like the main reason we are all here?!

I find him personally very likeable, but that doesn't matter here. These two statements in the screenshot above speak volumes, don't they?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
View attachment 50931
My 2 cents, after watchin a few videos of him...

Isn't this like the main reason we are all here?!

I find him personally very likeable, but that doesn't matter here. These two statements in the screenshot above speak volumes, don't they?

Some people have a very hard time with nuance.

Maybe I'm putting words in MJ's mouth but the original message that brought us together was "hey, this guy is teaching people how to get rich... but he only got rich by selling advice on... how to get rich... that's not right"

The original quote was a slam to Robert Kiyosaki (a well-deserved one, at that)... "What came first, your book or your black card?"

So that was the original "guru" that was referred to. Someone who didn't get rich before they started selling "how to get rich" stuff ...

And then, there's a whole host of people who got rich off of selling advice they would never use in a million years. Notably Suze Orman, Dave Ramsey, Jim Cramer -- their message was basically repeated for hundreds of years "buy, hold, and diversify" and "don't buy things, you don't deserve them", and "if you skip the wine and coffee, you'll be rich in 160 years" ...

Not only have we seen time and time again this formula doesn't work, but now many my age have seen their parents (who followed this advice), are financially destitute. Their financial advisors blame it on "oh the market is down when you decided to retire" or "don't worry, you get $1,000 a month of social security" (P.S. I paid off my dad's house in full years ago after the sale of my first business... he can no longer afford to live there because the property taxes are almost 1200/month. Insanity.)

Skipping ahead...

The forum has attracted a lot of angry young men and women lately who have taken these well-polished and well-thought-out ideas to the extreme.

They're just so rage-filled, they can't tell the difference between a "snake-oil salesman" and a real successful businessman.

Alex Hormozi and his wife Leila are PERFECT EXAMPLES of what MJ has taught and said. "Until you've DONE SOMETHING, you shouldn't be TEACHING IT."

They *did* the thing. They built 3 multi-million dollar businesses. They sold them for close to 100 million dollars. They bought into other businesses and now have a MASSIVE portfolio -- NONE of them have anything to do with financial education!

And now they are just sharing what they learned... in BOOKS... the same EXACT thing as the Fastlane Forum. It's literally a MIRROR IMAGE... and yet... they can't tell the difference because MJ likes his privacy and doesn't want that sort of fame/notoriety and these guys are okay with it.

This whole attitude of anyone who is more successful than me/more famous than me/more popular than me/smarter than me is automatically a "guru" as if it's some kind of slur -- is getting ridiculously old.

The thing that really gets me is I'm reading post after post after post from people complaining about "gurus" that I can't tell if we're on the Fastlane to Millions forum or the "anti-capitalism" subreddit. It's silly!

I know I was poking the bear bringing up Alex's live event but now I'm glad I did because this conversation needs to be had: the man is not a "Guru" (hard R) because he asked you to buy his book... at his book launch... that you signed up for...

It's past time to grow up and understand there's a little bit of nuance in every conversation.

P.S.

This is not a free pass to buy every course and coaching program on the planet because "Steve said there are no gurus" -- no, they're always going to be predators out there. There are a lot of people selling you "AI" or "SMMA" or whatever the biz opp of the day is that don't walk their talk or eat their own cooking.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Training #1: who to sell to, what to sell, how to deliver it

Training #2: how to get people to know about what you sell

The other two courses will be on "money models" (my guess is that will be about business models, how to make the math make sense in your business) and "real world sales".

Some added stuff:

View: https://youtu.be/aVfCrCpS0wY?t=617
- explains the process & mental shifts that people go through in the beginning stages

View: https://youtu.be/lsqkqIqU8rc
- why negativity isn't bad, why feeling bad can be a good thing

View: https://youtu.be/BDydrQVKHcY
- 10 sentences that will change the way you think

Probably more good stuff there but it's a lot of F*cking content lol

Honestly, don't watch everything Alex and Leila do, it's not a good use of your time. You will get 95% of the value from Alex and Leila from this stuff alone. But they put out so much content on all their platforms that it's probably worth searching through their pages if you have a problem & seeing if they've already talked about it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Training #1: who to sell to, what to sell, how to deliver it

Training #2: how to get people to know about what you sell

The other two courses will be on "money models" (my guess is that will be about business models, how to make the math make sense in your business) and "real world sales".

Some added stuff:

View: https://youtu.be/aVfCrCpS0wY?t=617
- explains the process & mental shifts that people go through in the beginning stages

View: https://youtu.be/lsqkqIqU8rc
- why negativity isn't bad, why feeling bad can be a good thing

View: https://youtu.be/BDydrQVKHcY
- 10 sentences that will change the way you think

Probably more good stuff there but it's a lot of F*cking content lol

Honestly, don't watch everything Alex and Leila do, it's not a good use of your time. You will get 95% of the value from Alex and Leila from this stuff alone. But they put out so much content on all their platforms that it's probably worth searching through their pages if you have a problem & seeing if they've already talked about it.

Looking at the kind of thumbnails they're using for their youtube videos alone send war alarms ringing in my head and click the Back/Next/Close button.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some people have a very hard time with nuance.

Maybe I'm putting words in MJ's mouth but the original message that brought us together was "hey, this guy is teaching people how to get rich... but he only got rich by selling advice on... how to get rich... that's not right"

The original quote was a slam to Robert Kiyosaki (a well-deserved one, at that)... "What came first, your book or your black card?"

So that was the original "guru" that was referred to. Someone who didn't get rich before they started selling "how to get rich" stuff ...

And then, there's a whole host of people who got rich off of selling advice they would never use in a million years. Notably Suze Orman, Dave Ramsey, Jim Cramer -- their message was basically repeated for hundreds of years "buy, hold, and diversify" and "don't buy things, you don't deserve them", and "if you skip the wine and coffee, you'll be rich in 160 years" ...

Not only have we seen time and time again this formula doesn't work, but now many my age have seen their parents (who followed this advice), are financially destitute. Their financial advisors blame it on "oh the market is down when you decided to retire" or "don't worry, you get $1,000 a month of social security" (P.S. I paid off my dad's house in full years ago after the sale of my first business... he can no longer afford to live there because the property taxes are almost 1200/month. Insanity.)

Skipping ahead...

The forum has attracted a lot of angry young men and women lately who have taken these well-polished and well-thought-out ideas to the extreme.

They're just so rage-filled, they can't tell the difference between a "snake-oil salesman" and a real successful businessman.

Alex Hormozi and his wife Leila are PERFECT EXAMPLES of what MJ has taught and said. "Until you've DONE SOMETHING, you shouldn't be TEACHING IT."

They *did* the thing. They built 3 multi-million dollar businesses. They sold them for close to 100 million dollars. They bought into other businesses and now have a MASSIVE portfolio -- NONE of them have anything to do with financial education!

And now they are just sharing what they learned... in BOOKS... the same EXACT thing as the Fastlane Forum. It's literally a MIRROR IMAGE... and yet... they can't tell the difference because MJ likes his privacy and doesn't want that sort of fame/notoriety and these guys are okay with it.

This whole attitude of anyone who is more successful than me/more famous than me/more popular than me/smarter than me is automatically a "guru" as if it's some kind of slur -- is getting ridiculously old.

The thing that really gets me is I'm reading post after post after post from people complaining about "gurus" that I can't tell if we're on the Fastlane to Millions forum or the "anti-capitalism" subreddit. It's silly!

I know I was poking the bear bringing up Alex's live event but now I'm glad I did because this conversation needs to be had: the man is not a "Guru" (hard R) because he asked you to buy his book... at his book launch... that you signed up for...

It's past time to grow up and understand there's a little bit of nuance in every conversation.

P.S.

This is not a free pass to buy every course and coaching program on the planet because "Steve said there are no gurus" -- no, they're always going to be predators out there. There are a lot of people selling you "AI" or "SMMA" or whatever the biz opp of the day is that don't walk their talk or eat their own cooking.
I think you're wasting your breath Steve.

Haters gonna hate.

Complainers gonna complain.

It is people getting mad at others who give 1000x what they ask/take that gives me the confidence to do whatever the F*ck I want and know I will never please everyone.
^^^ This.

I've said enough in this thread. I'm out.

EDIT: Thanks @ZCP and @The-J ... I've saved those videos and will watch some evening with a cup of tea in front of the telly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.