The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alex Hormozi. What is your opinion? Mine is (mostly) negative.

Guru

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have an unpopular opinion about this guy. I do not like him. He has some good "tips" in his videos but he is way too focused on marketing on my perspective, and not a productocracy. Also what really stroke to me as odd, is that in his YouTube channel landing page he states "I have nothing to sell you" and then links to an Amazon page that sells his kindle book for 0.87$ (the magic number 7 again). Am I the only one?
Ok I'll jump in.

What he's doing now is buying companies and yes those companies sell stuff. So you have to focus on marketing. If you have a good product, you still need to market. Yes, the product can sell on its own, but why not accelerate the growth through marketing. Marketing is the main reason most businesses fail. Anyone can get factory to make them 1000 units of any product. So why isn't everyone successfully selling them?

He wrote a book so he links to it. Do you think a guy doing the numbers that he does cares about profit from a $1 book? Or are you just annoyed that he's selling it for $0.87 instead of $0.99? Is it because of his "shady" marketing tactic to use the 7 to get you to spend $1?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
Ok I'll jump in.

What he's doing now is buying companies and yes those companies sell stuff. So you have to focus on marketing. If you have a good product, you still need to market. Yes, the product can sell on its own, but why not accelerate the growth through marketing. Marketing is the main reason most businesses fail. Anyone can get factory to make them 1000 units of any product. So why isn't everyone successfully selling them?

He wrote a book so he links to it. Do you think a guy doing the numbers that he does cares about profit from a $1 book? Or are you just annoyed that he's selling it for $0.87 instead of $0.99? Is it because of his "shady" marketing tactic to use the 7 to get you to spend $1?
I am not selling you anything.. Here is a book I am selling for 0.87USD. And marketing is not (by default) the main reason businesses fail. It is one of the reasons. If you do not have a good product, good marketing can sometimes bring your business to ruins faster!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Any bets on how long before our new "genius" proclaims he doesn't like it here and will be leaving?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Here is a book I am selling for 0.87USD.

This is gone on so long I decided to have a look for myself rather than take Panos's word for it.

Here is a screenshot of the alleged offense.

Screenshot_20221014-184626.png

You have misrepresented and misquoted what he's doing.

He has linked to his book, but he doesn't mention the price. And it doesn't sound like he's trying to sell it. He doesn't even mention the title.

It looks to me like he just wants people to know that he's a published author. That's not sales. That's credibility building.

I'll say it again. This is not selling.

We mention our companies all the time on this forum. We're not trying to sell our companies in this forum. We just want people here to know we have them. It lends credibility to the opinions we give.

Therefore, you have launched an ad hominem attack on AH with no basis in fact. Seems to me, this whole thread is based on a straw man.

I'm sure I could Google and find more logical fallacies that have taken place here, red herrings come to mind, but I think I've made my point.

And I only point this out, because, as mentioned, I'm the guy who likes to point out hypocrites.

At the risk of offering another unpopular opinion, why don't you try spending less time on YouTube about pages and more time building businesses?

And oh, study some more about sales while you're at it. You could probably watch some more AH videos, or, and forgive me for suggesting this, but actually buy the book.

The guy wrote a book about how to make sales offers, and what you are complaining about is clearly not a textbook example of an Alex Hormozi sales offer.

He would make so many more sales by just listing the title on his about page...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am not selling you anything.. Here is a book I am selling for 0.87USD. And marketing is not (by default) the main reason businesses fail. It is one of the reasons. If you do not have a good product, good marketing can sometimes bring your business to ruins faster!
I couldn't find any mention of the book on his youtube profile. Please let me know how eqregeious his $0.87 sales pitch is.

You're just like that person who once emailed me and send you lied, not everything in your store is 20% like the email said. To which I replied, yes XXXX was excluded and it was written above the title in bold and large font, not hidden in 4pt type under the heading. He said, but you still lied because it's not everything.

So yeah, I get what he meant, but I don't need a**hole customers, so he's no longer welcome to purchase from my business.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Please let me know how eqregeious his $0.87 sales pitch is.
I thought I just did... ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

Biophase doesn't read our posts y'all. My opinion of him is now (mostly) negative. I am outraged!!! Who does this guy think he is?!?!

shrek-pitchfork.gif

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
For those not familiar Alex is very upfront about what his sales funnel is.

You read his book and consume his free content

You use that content to grow your business to 7-8 figures

Once you’re tapped out and don’t know how to scale it more you go to him and he invests in your business and helps you scale from there

Dudes legit and thinks crazy big, you won’t catch him trying to make money on book sales, he doesn’t even sell any $997 courses, they’re all free.

All he’s interested in is partnering with people already killing it and helping them scale further

I know a couple of business owners locally using his free content to grow their businesses

It’s nothing particularly new, it’s very similar to the old school Gary halbert type stuff that’s been around forever, but man does he know how to execute

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought I just did... ;)

Biophase doesn't read our posts y'all. My opinion of him is now (mostly) negative. I am outraged!!! Who does this guy think he is?!?!

View attachment 45537

I didn't see your post because I think I have you on ignore. :rofl: Just kidding!

I clicked the "Alex's Book" link. When I click it, it goes to a $0.99 kindle book.

I wonder if he saw this thread and changed the price from $.87 to $.99. I'm sure he has Google alerts on himself.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
I couldn't find any mention of the book on his youtube profile. Please let me know how eqregeious his $0.87 sales pitch is.

You're just like that person who once emailed me and send you lied, not everything in your store is 20% like the email said. To which I replied, yes XXXX was excluded and it was written above the title in bold and large font, not hidden in 4pt type under the heading. He said, but you still lied because it's not everything.

So yeah, I get what he meant, but I don't need a**hole customers, so he's no longer welcome to purchase from my business.
Please try to see stuff from the customer's perspective . Everything is 20% but some isn't. Human mind tends to ancor to the price, it is a real thing, and they do not read the rest. So yeah you should change the wording, sorry. Hate me all you want, mr Market has spoken..

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
This is gone on so long I decided to have a look for myself rather than take Panos's word for it.

Here is a screenshot of the alleged offense.

View attachment 45535

You have misrepresented and misquoted what he's doing.

He has linked to his book, but he doesn't mention the price. And it doesn't sound like he's trying to sell it. He doesn't even mention the title.

It looks to me like he just wants people to know that he's a published author. That's not sales. That's credibility building.

I'll say it again. This is not selling.

We mention our companies all the time on this forum. We're not trying to sell our companies in this forum. We just want people here to know we have them. It lends credibility to the opinions we give.

Therefore, you have launched an ad hominem attack on AH with no basis in fact. Seems to me, this whole thread is based on a straw man.

I'm sure I could Google and find more logical fallacies that have taken place here, red herrings come to mind, but I think I've made my point.

And I only point this out, because, as mentioned, I'm the guy who likes to point out hypocrites.

At the risk of offering another unpopular opinion, why don't you try spending less time on YouTube about pages and more time building businesses?

And oh, study some more about sales while you're at it. You could probably watch some more AH videos, or, and forgive me for suggesting this, but actually buy the book.

The guy wrote a book about how to make sales offers, and what you are complaining about is clearly not a textbook example of an Alex Hormozi sales offer.

He would make so many more sales by just listing the title on his about page...
Yeah one click vs two clicks, huge difference. Can you see the forest for the trees? You see the worm, but do you see the hook?
Look this guy here explains what is most probably happening. I will just leave it here. Let the hatred fall through you.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Hey @MJ DeMarco
Remember that douche you had to kick off the chat network because no matter what you said he’d disagree?
-The sky is blue
-technically… it’s not
What was the word for that kind of person? Didn’t @MTF say “smartass”?

We got another one here.

Panos, you sir have a shit attitude. You made zero friends here so far, why are you here again? :troll:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
UCKZ4Nz.jpg

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
This thread has just convinced me more that Alex is a G and can be another person you can learn from. I think people are too quick to adjudge someone and be cynical about people on Youtube giving business advice, but do not forget, there has never been a better time with literally no barrier to entry to market yourself and generate business than the age we now live in. And Alex's success and strategy he deploys is just testament of this. A year and a half ago, I never heard of the guy, now hes using Youtube and social media to leverage attention to grow his business, and invest in other businesses.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yeah one click vs two clicks, huge difference. Can you see the forest for the trees? You see the worm, but do you see the hook?
Look this guy here explains what is most probably happening. I will just leave it here. Let the hatred fall through you.
If you want to equivocate, one click vs two clicks, it's the difference between him selling you something on YouTube, or Amazon selling you something on Amazon. Also, that's a false equivalence.

I don't hate you dude. Life is too short. If I don't even not like you. If I didn't care, I wouldn't even be posting.

You have a sharp but misguided mind. I often engage people like that. I'm intrigued by people with interesting patterns of thought. People brave or stupid enough to be intentionally unpopular are interesting to me. They either have the highest or lowest self esteem. At least they are not boring.

You set yourself up to take shots, so don't complain when they come. That's weak. You're dishing them out, at least show you can take the criticism.

Also, I didn't click your link. You putting that there was an appeal to authority.

Saying what is *probably* happening and condemning a man for it is a slippery slope, especially when I gave a perfectly reasonable alternate explanation.

"Let the hate fall through you" is an appeal to emotion or an appeal to pity.

It's a shame. I thought I was engaging a master of rhetoric. 4 logical fallacies in one short post. Ouch. Alas, there's nothing here but another keyboard warrior.

Seriously bro, get to building yourself a business. Have you started one yet? What kind of challenges are you facing there?

Those are the questions this forum is here for, not hypocritically complaining about the hypocrisy of men greater than yourself.

I'll leave it at that. If you can't change your approach, I can't help you get where you're going.

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
I have an unpopular opinion about this guy. I do not like him. He has some good "tips" in his videos but he is way too focused on marketing on my perspective, and not a productocracy. Also what really stroke to me as odd, is that in his YouTube channel landing page he states "I have nothing to sell you" and then links to an Amazon page that sells his kindle book for 0.87$ (the magic number 7 again). Am I the only one?
That is because he's an amazing marketer. He knows what he's doing.

Every marketer is using words like "Just watch my free training" or "I'll give you my book, just pay for the shipping", and it's all a bait to get you watch and read his/her content to build the KLT factors(Know, Like and Trust) to eventually sell you something.

That's the basics of building a successful funnel. 85-90% of it is about free content online. The rest 5-10% is about finding potential buyers because at this point they're likely qualified to buy and are obviously interested in your product/service when they're so far down your content.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'm really enjoying Alex's little sales nuggets on YouTube shorts.

I already kinda used one of his techniques to turn a $300 a month client into a $2500 a month client. It was the clip talking about the different supplements they tried to get people to buy after onboarding them to a workout plan at their gym or something and building trust by sacrificing on one product, telling them they can actually get this one (with the worst margin for Alex) cheaper at the store down the road. Then sell them on the higher margin product/service.

The 2.5k service doesn't start for a few months yet but still, not bad for 2 minute clip or whatever. Thanks Alex :p

I was a bit skeptical of him to begin with though.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Please try to see stuff from the customer's perspective . Everything is 20% but some isn't. Human mind tends to ancor to the price, it is a real thing, and they do not read the rest. So yeah you should change the wording, sorry. Hate me all you want, mr Market has spoken..
So it's my fault that they do not read the rest.

Why don't you tell us more about your business and how it's going then?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
If you learned something from Alex even as little as an extra word in your vocabulary, he has taught you something. That means he's your teacher. And as a student, you should not be talking shit.

There are many teachers on this forum I've learned from and I wouldn't feel like being scammed at all if they sold me something. I believe if there is an exchange of monetary value between you and your teacher, that teacher will be obligated to teach you what you paid for.

Focus on something better that's worth your time, don't waste time having a discussion about a person you can't change.

If you reply to this thread again, I will assume you are a sidewalking victim who happened to land on a fastlane forum.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Hilarious. So much free content but you can't mentally handle it cause of a 0.87c ebook.

We must be the most entitled generation ever.

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
There’s always something to be learned from those more successful than you, even though he was ‘deceiving’ you with his $0.87 ebook

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
He actually answers this directly here.

At 99c, Amazon will push it more cause they get to take 2/3s of that money themselves.
So it was the lowest price to put it and also have Amazon promote it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

At 99c, Amazon will push it more cause they get to take 2/3s of that money themselves.

I'll listen to that on a walk this week. Something that stands out after 10 mins of watching... they both have boxes in the background and it doesn't matter.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana

The best part of this is he even calls out that people get mad that he’s selling it because “the internet doesn’t handle nuance well.”

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I bought one of his books and to me it's just a blatant copy of Dan Kennedys stuff but for less than 1 euro I can't complain

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Sold at cost is still something sold. So he has something to sell me..
To play devil's advocate and to riff of this.

A big point many overlook is his acquisition.com. His entire media/ad/video blitz is to put you into his funnel, though he's not selling you anything now, he wants to have you in the future.
Basically his entire brand and his wife's entire brand (and they admit it in their videos) is to make you aware of them, hustle and grow your biz yourself with some of their tools, and have them be your first choice for 5m+ growth or for a sale. Basically, you do all the "nasty" and difficult ground work, then hand it off to them for a split in equity and they'll manage it how they please.

Now, Alex did say in his talk with Ryan Moran that he only works with about 1 in 100 people that apply for acquisition or the help, because he thinks a lot of people are jack@sses... so perhaps it's not entirely profit motivated. Either way, his entire marketing blueprint is to make you aware of him, what he offers, and ultimately how he can help you scale your biz be it to 5m or 100m or 1 billion.

In other news: did Hormozi finally release any of the other content on acquisition.com's course library? Haven't checked it in a year.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A big point many overlook is his acquisition.com

I was waiting for someone to point this out, surprised it took weeks.

He is selling you something, and that is he wants ground floor access to your growing company so he can take part in a possible big exit. I'd say that's a pretty big sell, although his total target audience would be relatively small. With the big personal influence he's creating, this "sell" of convincing a founder to invite him into their company becomes much easier.

That said, I haven't read any of his material, his books, or his videos, so I have no opinion there.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I was waiting for someone to point this out, surprised it took weeks.

He is selling you something, and that is he wants ground floor access to your growing company so he can take part in a possible big exit. I'd say that's a pretty big sell, although his total target audience would be relatively small. With the big personal influence he's creating, this "sell" of convincing a founder to invite him into their company becomes much easier.

That said, I haven't read any of his material, his books, or his videos, so I have no opinion there.
Everyone is selling something.

Nobody would go to all that trouble and NOT sell something.

MJ always knocks it out of the park and that's why I'm such a big fan of his and this forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.