The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alex Hormozi. What is your opinion? Mine is (mostly) negative.

Guru

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
I'd heard Hormozi's name around the forum but never bothered to check his material out. Because of this thread, I did.

Seems like solid work, tbh. I estimate the knowledge in his $100m offers book isn't news to some people (it was to me), but that goes for a lot of books. Will certainly apply some of what he teaches. Good companion stuff to the CENTS model.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I think you're wasting your breath Steve.

Haters gonna hate.

Complainers gonna complain.

I was an idiot when I first joined this forum. I think I had just opened the dojo? I was what... 21? Man... that was a while ago.

MJ, Greg, Russ, Dana, Sonya, Kenric (and several others) took pity on me. Gave me plenty of advice, supported me when I was down, pushed me even when I was stressed -- and most importantly challenged my ideas. I'm just attempting to pay it forward.

For the most part... unsuccessfully :rofl:

"Don't get furious, get curious."

P.S.

If you're one of these angry anti-capitalists, I hope you can see that business is NOT about what you can TAKE. It's about what you can GIVE.

The employee mentality is one of value extraction, and the entrepreneur's mentality is one of value creation.

You'll never be a successful business owner (long term) if you aren't providing more value to the marketplace than you ever would expect in return. You get 90, I get 10. It's an asymmetrical relationship.

That means providing more value to people's lives than anyone else ever would. It's not about taking advantage of people. If you're wearing this chip on your shoulder that says "everyone is out to get me" at all times... then you might do something extremely silly like sign up to go to a book launch... go to the book launch... watch the entire book launch... and then wonder why he asked you to buy his book... at his book launch... for the book launch...

... book launch.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Don't get furious, get curious."
Oh man. Throwing my own lines back at me is below the belt Mr Kung Fu Guy.

I don't get furious, just tired sometimes.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
That means providing more value to people's lives than anyone else ever would. It's not about taking advantage of people. If you're wearing this chip on your shoulder that says "everyone is out to get me" at all times... then you might do something extremely silly like sign up to go to a book launch... go to the book launch... watch the entire book launch... and then wonder why he asked you to buy his book... at his book launch... for the book launch...

I had planned to watch it but was doing something else at the time, so he was talking about all those things he was selling for $1997 or whatever and I was like "I already know he's just going to give this stuff for free, so I'll stop watching this & wait for the email to come"

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Looking at the kind of thumbnails they're using for their youtube videos alone send war alarms ringing in my head and click the Back/Next/Close button.

Please watch the 0-1M video (I skipped the first 10 minutes to save everyone time)

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
A total guru and scammer. He's setting all these up for the big reel-in eventually. Warming up his audience and growing it bigger, more rapidly. He's not interested in making money from $299 or $799 courses. He wants something far bigger and the fox will reveal its tail in the near future. No one's in this to do charity work or "from the goodness of their hearts".
I may be wrong and out of context cause I just skipped to the newest messages but didn't he say he wants to help us grow our business so that he can acquire it or partner with it in the future, or something like that

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
I had planned to watch it but was doing something else at the time, so he was talking about all those things he was selling for $1997 or whatever and I was like "I already know he's just going to give this stuff for free, so I'll stop watching this & wait for the email to come"
Would you like the pdf of the 100m journal it contains all his notes from the making of the 2 books he gave it to everyone there live

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I didn't have the time to read through all of these posts but I need to comment.

I was one of Alex's original Gym Launch members. In fact, my business partner Gil was his "Sales Guru". He spoke at his events and was the Sales expert in his training portal.

There's a good and bad to Alex. The bad was that he grew too fast and didn't address issues that clients were having while he was growing. This is what lead many original members to leave Gym Launch. It seems like he eventually fixed this problem since Gym Launch continued to grow.

The good - I learned A LOT from him. Especially leads, advertising and marketing. In the early days of Gym Launch, we were getting an insane amount of leads and closing most of them. We had our gym completely packed out in the first year.

The better - he taught us how to do everything ourselves. He didn't run ads for us and get us the leads. He taught is how to do it. That is a valuable skill I have for life and can be used in any industry.

I transferred what I learned over to ERC and was getting 100x ad spend. I couldn't hire reps fast enough. I think I may have been the original ERC advertiser on Facebook. Then I started getting a massive amount of copycats.

As for Alex himself, he basically has taken everything he learned from reading, mentors, etc, over the years and he puts it in a compact, easy to understand version. He has a photographic memory which allows him to consume a massive amount of material and put out his on version of it.

He also understands human psychology. What gets people to click and what gets them to buy. He's a master at this.

If you listen to his audiobooks and take notes, I'm sure you will come up with hundreds of ideas for your business.

I personally think the guy is becoming one of the bigger names in the industry and for good reason. There is a lot to learn from him.

Having this negative view of him without even knowing him personally just tells me you're not ready for the next step. You have a lot of growing to do.

Maybe you need to listen to him more and implement what he's preaching.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
PS - Don't listen to that guy @Kung Fu Steve . He's a quack.

sport-of-tycoons-carl-barks.jpg

it's always been my dream to be a duck

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
The guy is so open about why it's free that it's hard to call him a guru in the negative sense.

Watch this at ~1:50 onwards:

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Alex is a great example of why you should just live your life and not care at all what others think of you.

Dude gives away everything for free and is open and transparent about his goals and half the entrepreneur world thinks he’s some no good scammer.

You can’t please everyone, nor should you even worry about trying.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Alex is a great example of why you should just live your life and not care at all what others think of you.

Dude gives away everything for free and is open and transparent about his goals and half the entrepreneur world thinks he’s some no good scammer.

You can’t please everyone, nor should you even worry about trying.

This .

Zero F*cks given what anyone thinks.

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 17, 2013
I increased my store's conversion rate by ~20% by implementing things for his $100 Mil Offers book, so I'm a fan. *shrugs*

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
I was watching a podcast with him this morning. He referred to his content team as "my money-losing media team" he openly said his content team loses money off all the content they produce, but he gets the money back in deal flow, so is that really losing money?

All his content is essentially a way for people to recognize him and contact him with projects for his holding company, where he funnels down and chooses the best deals to grab. His own personal shark tank.

This is super smart and makes me think of all the YouTubers and content producers just trying to replicate his success for the views and ad revenue when that makes no money compared to the personalized offers and other monetization you could be offering.

I also didn't know much about him until I started seeing these threads and names pop up; looking into him, I got a few interesting tidbits.

It's funny that he says something in the interview that could apply to this thread.
"I follow the principle of criticize generally and praise specifically."

I tried to look this up, and it's attributed to "Naval Ravikant, founder, investor, and progressive thinker, came up with this phrase in response to a Warren Buffett quote from a Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders meeting, "Praise by name, criticize by category.";"

Some great advice :)

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I am sure he adds a lot of value in his content. And I don’t see him as a guy whose end game is in selling courses ( of course absolutely nothing wrong to sell courses anyway).

My hunch is that his end game is to use his influence to grow the licensing model/franchise model of his existing portfolio. Because I have seen this model done by Chinese VC.

You have millions of followers who aspire to be business owners. Many of them have 50-100k to spend to build a business. Why not join and work on an existing proven model recommended by you?

Remember he is a growth hack. He loves licensing and franchise model.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

I won't comment on the bottom 2 videos since I've not watched those before, only the 2 MJ ones above. I've read his books, so I know he's not selling snake oil. I've Hormonzi's $0.99 ebook, read it and got really pumped up, but about 35% through the book, the content started getting more and more ridiculous with wild hype, and when I reached almost 50% of the book, I had to stopped because at that point, it was getting nutty.

Found this on Reddit:

----------------------------------------------------------
Here's some research for anyone who cares to make a video:

TLDR: He's another fake guru, but his product is hype which he uses for ad revenue and conference speaking fees.

Observations:

• LIAR 2015: He got on the juice He posted articles about how natural he was. That building muscle is just about eating a crazy amount and working out more. Check the comments calling him out for fake natty. ( Alex Hormozi Gained 35lbs in 6 Weeks Naturally (Here's How) )
  • SCAMMER 2018: bragging about selling $500 memberships to dirty hood rat gyms with poor equipment located in ghetto apartments. (
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiS5qH7UMX4
    )
  • YOUTUBE FAKE GURU STARTS 2020: he begins posting basic business advice with thumbnails of him on piles of money. Like all fake gurus, he appeals to wealth, health, and sex. His videos are basic business advice and side hustle dreams. Not groundbreaking. He mainly has confidence and a unique look. In 2023 he's talking about "how to get rich with AI". Welcome to guru land. ( 3 Ways to Make $10K Cash With No Ad Spend (In 30 Days Or Less) [ALEX HORMOZI] )
  • BIRDS OF A FEATHER: Hormozi brags that his wife bought him 4 sessions with Grant Cardone for $120K. Regardless of the amount or how many sessions, he went directly to a con man to understand what Hormozi called "the fame game". Cardone is his model. Cardone is also under investigation by the FBI for defrauding investors. ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grant+cardone+FBI )
  • $1 BOOK ... 300,000 COPIES SOLD! 2021: Put aside that he has "nothing to sell you", he sells a book for $1 so he can be a best seller and get lots of reviews. It was only $1 and as long as it has some reasonable advice it'll get good reviews. Funneling his YouTube Audience to a $1 product was bound to get sales. Now that it's a best-seller, the man with "nothing to sell you" sells a book for $21.90. Nothing against selling a book, but it's all about the larger picture. ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737475715/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 )
  • ICE COFFEE HOUR HALF TRUTHS AND DEFLECTIONS 2022: He does the typical podcast tour explaining how easy it was to make a bunch of money, how great he is in bed, and how ClickFunnels bought him a supercar because he was such a good salesman (reality check: they give you $500 per month if you refer 100 customers so you can lease/buy a car). Any failings of his past businesses he deflects as the customers/gyms being lazy/complaining/incompetent. ( Meet The $100,000,000 Man Who Sold Everything | Alex Hormozi )
  • UNREASONABLE PROMISES 2022: On his website, he claims he'll 3X in 3 years for 100 businesses. No legit consultant would promise this. His updated website no longer makes that claim because it was a trash promise. Even now his site say they'll help you "explode in profit". It's ridiculous. ( https://web.archive.org/web/20220331024820/https://www.acquisition.com/ )
  • GARY V'S SOCIAL MEDIA GUY: I can't find the link but Hormozi's new social media guy worked for Gary V. He hired this guy so Hormozi's goal is to be a talking head so he can sell his grift.
  • AQUISITION•com LACK OF ASSETS: They might (might) own a few companies, but they only list a few on their website. Their claim is their companies make $75K per working hour ($156M per year). Is this true? The way Hormozi talks about it, he sold Gym Launch, Alan, and Prestige Labs to a private equity firm for $46M. But the press release says the equity firm just made an investment (American Pacific Group Completes Investment into Gym Launch and Prestige Labs). And Aquisition•com still lists that they own the companies. All that's left is the photography company. If they were focused on acquiring other companies, they would list all the companies they've invested in as social proof that they're legit. Compare this with Berkshire Hathaway's transparency which lists its companies. ( LINKS TO BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY SUB. COMPANIES vs. Firm )
The Grift:

• Other con artists sell $2000 courses and memberships, thankfully he doesn't do that. (I would not be shocked if suddenly he has paid courses in 2024.)
  • I don't even think he wants to consult or own equity in businesses.
  • He sells hype.
  • The "get rich quick" hype.
  • The cost is your attention.
  • His job is to be on media and talk.
  • He leverages this media audience for...
  • INCOME #1: YouTube ad revenue. Social Blade estimates the channel makes $3K to $55K per month. He said he makes $30K to $40K on the Iced Coffee Hour. Let's take the Social Blade average of $30K. That's $360K per year. Good money just for talking, interviews, and video editing. ( https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/adhormozi )
  • INCOME #2: As a now 300K best-selling author and guru YouTuber with nearly 1M followers, he can (and does) make a lot of money speaking at conferences. On his website HE SAYS HE CHARGES $100K to speak at a conference. ( Speaking Request )
Takeaways:

• As with all gurus, there're some nuggets of wisdom mixed in with the hype.
  • As long as you don't buy $5K conference tickets or sell your business to him.
Update 08-08-2023

• Grifting Free Equity: He got called out on the My First Million podcast for going to businesses and attempting to get equity in exchange for his expertise. When they asked why, he gave the most long-winded, stumble-over-himself answer I've ever seen him give. (Summary: "Um. Oh. Yeah. Some we invest money in. Others we get equity because we bring so much value to the business.") So he's using his fame to try to scam businesses out of equity. Alex Hormozi’s Plan To Grow Acquisition.com To $1 Billion (#462)
  • Why the Lack of Assets: They also called him out on why Aquisition has so few assets listed. He gave another long-winded nonsense answer. (Summary: "Some of the businesses we invest in haven't negotiated for Hormozi promotion. And if I promoted them, they would instantly 5X.") Even if you had a minority stake in a company, wouldn't you want the company to 5X? The Acquisition site has so few acquired companies... because they don't have any more. Alex Hormozi’s Plan To Grow Acquisition.com To $1 Billion (#462)
  • No Company Testimonials: He's been running Acquisition long enough and he's a big enough self-promoter that he would be using company testimonials by now... if he had them. The only testimonials I can find of him online are from those he worked with at ClickFunnels and those that read his book.
  • UPDATED FACT: His book is still only $2: I misread it the last time. The paperback is $21.90. The digital is still only $1.99.
  • Spending $1M YR to promote his book: On the same podcast he says he doesn't make any money on his book because he's spending $1M per year to promote it. And he claims he breaks even on all the social media he runs. If true, it looks like he's dumping money into his media to rocket up his status. To run the bigger, longer grift.
  • Paying for Podcast Appearances?: I have NO IDEA if Hormozi is doing this, but Ryan Pineda has gone on record that some of his guests are paid appearances ( How To Get on @RyanPineda 's Podcast ). Considering Pineda doesn't disclose who pays or not, it's at least a possibility Hormozi could have paid for this appearance ( Confronting The $100,000,000 Couple | Alex & Leila Hormozi ) or other appearances.
  • Grift Update: I still think he runs hype so he can speak at conferences. But the verified word on the street is he's using his status to get free equity in companies for quasi-consulting.

Yup, the business model is $100K (MINIMUM) conference speaking fees. That's where he gets the bulk of his $$$ from. He's not interested in selling you tiny $299 courses. He's building a cult, and he's the God of that cult. Alex even specifically crafts his physical appearance to appeal to a very specific demographic.

Every year has a guru. Tai Lopez was the Guru of 2017. Grant Cardone was 2018. Gary V was 2019. And 2023 is the Year of Alex Hormozi.

Husband-and-wife-duos like Alex and Leila are always shady. Joel Osteen, anyone?

Last edited:

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
I won't comment on the bottom 2 videos since I've not watched those before, only the 2 MJ ones above. I've read his books, so I know he's not selling snake oil. I've Hormonzi's $0.99 ebook, read it and got really pumped up, but about 35% through the book, the content started getting more and more ridiculous with wild hype, and when I reached almost 50% of the book, I had to stopped because at that point, it was getting nutty.

Found this on Reddit:

TLDR: He's another fake guru, but his product is hype which he uses for ad revenue and conference speaking fees.

Observations:

• LIAR 2015: He got on the juice He posted articles about how natural he was. That building muscle is just about eating a crazy amount and working out more. Check the comments calling him out for fake natty. ( Alex Hormozi Gained 35lbs in 6 Weeks Naturally (Here's How) )
  • SCAMMER 2018: bragging about selling $500 memberships to dirty hood rat gyms with poor equipment located in ghetto apartments. (
    )
  • YOUTUBE FAKE GURU STARTS 2020: he begins posting basic business advice with thumbnails of him on piles of money. Like all fake gurus, he appeals to wealth, health, and sex. His videos are basic business advice and side hustle dreams. Not groundbreaking. He mainly has confidence and a unique look. In 2023 he's talking about "how to get rich with AI". Welcome to guru land. ( 3 Ways to Make $10K Cash With No Ad Spend (In 30 Days Or Less) [ALEX HORMOZI] )
  • BIRDS OF A FEATHER: Hormozi brags that his wife bought him 4 sessions with Grant Cardone for $120K. Regardless of the amount or how many sessions, he went directly to a con man to understand what Hormozi called "the fame game". Cardone is his model. Cardone is also under investigation by the FBI for defrauding investors. ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grant+cardone+FBI )
  • $1 BOOK ... 300,000 COPIES SOLD! 2021: Put aside that he has "nothing to sell you", he sells a book for $1 so he can be a best seller and get lots of reviews. It was only $1 and as long as it has some reasonable advice it'll get good reviews. Funneling his YouTube Audience to a $1 product was bound to get sales. Now that it's a best-seller, the man with "nothing to sell you" sells a book for $21.90. Nothing against selling a book, but it's all about the larger picture. ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737475715/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 )
  • ICE COFFEE HOUR HALF TRUTHS AND DEFLECTIONS 2022: He does the typical podcast tour explaining how easy it was to make a bunch of money, how great he is in bed, and how ClickFunnels bought him a supercar because he was such a good salesman (reality check: they give you $500 per month if you refer 100 customers so you can lease/buy a car). Any failings of his past businesses he deflects as the customers/gyms being lazy/complaining/incompetent. ( Meet The $100,000,000 Man Who Sold Everything | Alex Hormozi )
  • UNREASONABLE PROMISES 2022: On his website, he claims he'll 3X in 3 years for 100 businesses. No legit consultant would promise this. His updated website no longer makes that claim because it was a trash promise. Even now his site say they'll help you "explode in profit". It's ridiculous. ( https://web.archive.org/web/20220331024820/https://www.acquisition.com/ )
  • GARY V'S SOCIAL MEDIA GUY: I can't find the link but Hormozi's new social media guy worked for Gary V. He hired this guy so Hormozi's goal is to be a talking head so he can sell his grift.
  • AQUISITION•com LACK OF ASSETS: They might (might) own a few companies, but they only list a few on their website. Their claim is their companies make $75K per working hour ($156M per year). Is this true? The way Hormozi talks about it, he sold Gym Launch, Alan, and Prestige Labs to a private equity firm for $46M. But the press release says the equity firm just made an investment (American Pacific Group Completes Investment into Gym Launch and Prestige Labs). And Aquisition•com still lists that they own the companies. All that's left is the photography company. If they were focused on acquiring other companies, they would list all the companies they've invested in as social proof that they're legit. Compare this with Berkshire Hathaway's transparency which lists its companies. ( LINKS TO BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY SUB. COMPANIES vs. Firm )
The Grift:

• Other con artists sell $2000 courses and memberships, thankfully he doesn't do that. (I would not be shocked if suddenly he has paid courses in 2024.)
  • He sells hype.
  • INCOME #1: YouTube ad revenue. Social Blade estimates the channel makes $3K to $55K per month. He said he makes $30K to $40K on the Iced Coffee Hour. Let's take the Social Blade average of $30K. That's $360K per year. Good money just for talking, interviews, and video editing. ( https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/adhormozi )
  • INCOME #2: As a now 300K best-selling author and guru YouTuber with nearly 1M followers, he can (and does) make a lot of money speaking at conferences. On his website HE SAYS HE CHARGES $100K to speak at a conference. ( Speaking Request )
Takeaways:

Update 08-08-2023

• Grifting Free Equity: He got called out on the My First Million podcast for going to businesses and attempting to get equity in exchange for his expertise. When they asked why, he gave the most long-winded, stumble-over-himself answer I've ever seen him give. (Summary: "Um. Oh. Yeah. Some we invest money in. Others we get equity because we bring so much value to the business.") So he's using his fame to try to scam businesses out of equity. Alex Hormozi’s Plan To Grow Acquisition.com To $1 Billion (#462)
  • Why the Lack of Assets: They also called him out on why Aquisition has so few assets listed. He gave another long-winded nonsense answer. (Summary: "Some of the businesses we invest in haven't negotiated for Hormozi promotion. And if I promoted them, they would instantly 5X.") Even if you had a minority stake in a company, wouldn't you want the company to 5X? The Acquisition site has so few acquired companies... because they don't have any more. Alex Hormozi’s Plan To Grow Acquisition.com To $1 Billion (#462)
  • No Company Testimonials: He's been running Acquisition long enough and he's a big enough self-promoter that he would be using company testimonials by now... if he had them. The only testimonials I can find of him online are from those he worked with at ClickFunnels and those that read his book.
  • UPDATED FACT: His book is still only $2: I misread it the last time. The paperback is $21.90. The digital is still only $1.99.
  • Spending $1M YR to promote his book: On the same podcast he says he doesn't make any money on his book because he's spending $1M per year to promote it. And he claims he breaks even on all the social media he runs. If true, it looks like he's dumping money into his media to rocket up his status. To run the bigger, longer grift.
  • Paying for Podcast Appearances?: I have NO IDEA if Hormozi is doing this, but Ryan Pineda has gone on record that some of his guests are paid appearances ( How To Get on @RyanPineda 's Podcast ). Considering Pineda doesn't disclose who pays or not, it's at least a possibility Hormozi could have paid for this appearance ( Confronting The $100,000,000 Couple | Alex & Leila Hormozi ) or other appearances.
  • Grift Update: I still think he runs hype so he can speak at conferences. But the verified word on the street is he's using his status to get free equity in companies for quasi-consulting.

Yup, the business model is $100K (MINIMUM) conference speaking fees. That's where he gets the bulk of his $$$ from. He's not interested in selling you tiny $299 courses. He's building a cult, and he's the God of that cult. Alex even specifically crafts his physical appearance to appeal to a very specific demographic.

Every year has a guru. Tai Lopez was the Guru of 2017. Grant Cardone was 2018. Gary V was 2019. And 2023 is the Year of Alex Hormozi.

Husband-and-wife-duos like Alex and Leila are always shady. Joel Osteen, anyone?

Keep in mind that he and his wife are pretty much always at work.... no children, few or no distractions such as friends or hobbies....
If you spend all day doing nothing but being an entrepreneur then there is a huge chance that one day you will become (very) successful at it

In his new book, he explains why he did those interviews with grant cardone to build a wider reach.
According to him, attention in 2023 is the same as what oil was in 1880. The way to create a lot of wealt very quickly.

Not all the companies of which he is a shareholder are published on his website. Logical if you are not a major shareholder. It would then seem that he is the man who built everything. Pretty disrespectful to the other shareholders.

I have already learned some things from him just like from MJ, Grant Cardone, and dozens of other people on youtube,.... even from the guy with the 2 dads.

Think critically yourself and always stay curious.
You can learn something from everyone.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
He referred to his content team as "my money-losing media team" he openly said his content team loses money off all the content they produce, but he gets the money back in deal flow, so is that really losing money?

Most people can't play the game at his level. I remember him saying that he spends 6 figures a month on his content creation team.

He studied Grant Cardone, Gary Vaynerchuk, Mr. Beast, and all the others that came before him & saw success.

Found this on Reddit:

Observations:

)
The Grift:

• He sells hype.
Takeaways:

Update 08-08-2023

People said the same thing about Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy, and several others. Yet those guys are still around.

A lot of people hate the MMO (make money online) space because of how many charlatans operate in it. But as long as Alex and Leila give good info for free, they will be giving value regardless of how the portfolio companies or clients feel about their experiences with them.

I don't doubt that, in the coming years, there will be portfolio company CEOs "speaking out" against the Hormozis and Acquisition.com. Not everyone is going to have a good experience with them. But does that mean that people shouldn't listen to what the Hormozis have to say?

So here's my advice:

• Don't watch/listen/read everything they put out, instead only look for the stuff that's useful to you. Remember: team producer, not team consumer
  • Understand that their headlines are a tactic to get attention & use those tactics yourself in your business
  • Don't follow them blindly. "Don't be a follower, be a student" - Jim Rohn
  • Learn from their mistakes.
  • Don't justify bad behavior just because the Hormozis do it. If you see anything they do as immoral or unethical, just don't do it.
  • Stop looking for the perfect person to follow. Everyone who makes content is selling something!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
LIAR 2015: He got on the juice He posted articles about how natural he was. That building muscle is just about eating a crazy amount and working out more. Check the comments calling him out for fake natty. ( Alex Hormozi Gained 35lbs in 6 Weeks Naturally (Here's How) )

Personally, I think he is not being truthful about not taking PEDs.

He’s already very muscular in the before pictures, And to gain another 35 pounds on top of that in A MONTH AND A HALF is very, very suspicious.

MAYBE, at best, he had done cycles previously in his life and got off, then when he did this challenge he grew so quick because of muscle memory.

To me, this sounds like the typical sound bites that celebrities give in interviews about how they got in shape for a movie. “Chicken rice and broccoli and working out 3 hours a day”

“I did it because I changed my mindset” *eye roll*

At least he acknowledges that he has great genetics.

The reason why him probably lying about steroid use is relevant to the discussion of his advice about entrepreneurship, is because how you do one thing is how you do everything.

If he’s potentially lying about his steroid use, then what’s stopping him from lying about anything else?

Seeing this article that he wrote about gaining 35lbs in a month and a half naturally has me second guessing him as a person.

I do think he has some good advice, and if he inspires somebody to become an entrepreneur, I think that’s a positive thing. Try to take the good advice someone has, and ignore the bad.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
@Xeon Thanks a lot for taking the time to research this. I totally agree that he is no saint.

That being said there is a lot to learn from his marketing tactics. Personally, I have bought his new book after watching a couple of his free videos (that have the same info as what is inside the book). The reason is that for a beginner like me, it is a good overview of what to do to get leads and how to advertise.

In addition, I prefer to have something in writing so I can reference it. That means that, for me, spending the money saves me time instead of taking notes and watching hours of videos, rewinding the video, etc..
  • Don't follow them blindly. "Don't be a follower, be a student" - Jim Rohn
  • Learn from their mistakes.
  • Don't justify bad behavior just because the Hormozis do it. If you see anything they do as immoral or unethical, just don't do it.
@The-J You rock! You hit the nail on the head with this one! We should use their tactics but always do the right thing. Always remember selling snake oil is not a good practice in the long run! At some point, you will be discovered.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

He's 100% not being truthful about his PED usage. He's only admitted so far to using TRT, the necessity of which is dubious to me. He's also claimed natural and then immediately said "believe me if you want".
If he’s potentially lying about his steroid use, then what’s stopping him from lying about anything else?
Bad take. Legality prevents him from telling the truth about his steroid use. Some influencers tell the truth but they put themselves at risk doing so (or they have a prescription from a doctor, or they live in a place like the UK where steroid use is legal). With that said, I wouldn't trust everything the man says just because he's got big muscles, lots of money, and a big following.

At least Leila is telling the truth about her cosmetic procedures... but those aren't illegal.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Bad take. Legality prevents him from telling the truth about his steroid use.
Lying about it and not discussing it are two different things.

Just because he’s famous doesn’t give him an excuse to lie because it “might put him at risk”

That only further detracts from your credibility, because not only did you do something that may have been illegal, You lied about it on multiple occasions.

So if he’s blatantly lying about doing something illegal, What does that tell you about his character?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

He’s already very muscular in the before pictures, And to gain another 35 pounds on top of that in A MONTH AND A HALF is very, very suspicious.

MAYBE, at best, he had done cycles previously in his life and got off, then when he did this challenge he grew so quick because of muscle memory.

To me, this sounds like the typical sound bites that celebrities give in interviews about how they got in shape for a movie. “Chicken rice and broccoli and working out 3 hours a day”

“I did it because I changed my mindset” *eye roll*

At least he acknowledges that he has great genetics.

The reason why him probably lying about steroid use is relevant to the discussion of his advice about entrepreneurship, is because how you do one thing is how you do everything.

Seeing this article that he wrote about gaining 35lbs in a month and a half naturally has me second guessing him as a person.

I do think he has some good advice, and if he inspires somebody to become an entrepreneur, I think that’s a positive thing. Try to take the good advice someone has, and ignore the bad.
I will be surprised if he didn't take PED to get that big.

I also think that Elon Musk has done plastic surgery to his face compared to his earlier videos in his 30s. He didn't admit or deny about this.

At end of the day looks does matter in gaining influence.

But I don't blame them for that. Celebrities have no obligation to reveal confidential personal details fully and truthfully at the expense of their own personal interest. Unless they start to preach nonsense that you can get that big without drug.....

A lot of the tech start-up founders are also taking mental boosting drugs to cope with 4 hours sleep day working lifestyle. It is a "Billionaire or die young" kind of mindset. They will never tell the public in the open because such values within their own circle are not socially acceptable outside their own circle.

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What I see very clearly here, especially from @Xeon , is the confirmation bisas working its thing.

We all see what we want to see. In the end, if you want to hate someone you will always find a reason to do so. Remember all the dudes calling Mj a get rich quick scammer ?

I personally choose to see the best in people because I value my life and mental health too much to be out there hating people.
So for that reason I see a world full of nice people wanting to better the world and do their thing.
Someone else is sitting there feeling like everyone on social media is out to get him.

What you look for is what you find.

P.s. seeing and expecting the best from people brings something else: I have not had one bad social experience with stranger that I can remember. Other people say germany is full of grumpy and rude people. These things become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
A lesson I have learned the last year...it is fine to not have an opinion also.

I like his books, his content has been valuable, he shares a lot of decent advice.
To me that is enough for me. If he sells a course down the line - who cares.

To go around giving up mental bandwidth over what one guy might do years from now seems like a massive waste of resources. It might never happen, and it doesn't even impact your life if it does.

Also, you have to realise that the Algo is deciding who you see and why. Only extreme polarising content makes it to the top. So expect whoever that might be to be a kinda crazy character who seems a bit wild.

Regular solid every-day-style operators (worth millions and billions) usually don't go viral. They have amazing advice - but don't expect them to get too many views cause they aren't extreme.

@Xeon if you don't like Hormozi's stuff then who do you like and what are you learning? Cause it seems like you made dozens of posts on who is trending - and no posts on actual good content that is helping you to take action.

Short version - you get to chose what you pay attention to.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm not sure what everyone's issue is on here besides the likely fact that you wish you were where he is right now.

Having that hater mentality is going to get you nowhere.

Guess what. I trained with Alex. I know him personally.

And guess what. What he taught me has a HUGE part in where I'm at today. I know what he preaches works. I implemented it. And while listening to his new book, I literally came up with 30+ ideas to improve my business and I can bet once it's all implemented, I 10X.

He's a smart dude with a photographic memory. A lot of what he says comes from pioneers. He just puts it all together into one package. It works. Period.

For everyone talking trash - I'd love to know where you're at. Do do you own a million dollar business? What's your net worth?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I've Hormonzi's $0.99 ebook, read it and got really pumped up, but about 35% through the book, the content started getting more and more ridiculous with wild hype, and when I reached almost 50% of the book, I had to stopped because at that point, it was getting nutty.
His book is good. But it's nothing that you can't already find out there in direct response literature. There's literally nothing new.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex were a scammer. Good scammers are also very skilled at sales & marketing – they have to be. I simply don't know enough about him to say though.

And guess what. What he taught me has a HUGE part in where I'm at today. I know what he preaches works. I implemented it. And while listening to his new book, I literally came up with 30+ ideas to improve my business and I can bet once it's all implemented, I 10X.
So if I were to tell you to take a purple crystal ball the next time it rains and go under a tall tree, and start pouring the salt over the crystal ball because when you do that, a lightning bolt will strike the tree... and you go and do exactly as I've instructed, and the lightning bolt strikes, I presume you'd be telling everyone how I am some sort of god, right?

There are three points here:

1) There will always be success stories, even for scams, and people who get some benefit
2) Your individual positive experience with something cannot be extrapolated to say "I know what he preaches works" – you haven't isolated all other variables to see that it was his advice and not the million other circumstances, events and occurrences around you that led to your success. Nor, for that matter, have you put forward a rational argument for why his advice worked in your situation.
3) It's not a simple matter to determine cause and effect, and "success" alone is a poor criteria.

I think one of the worst things that is affecting the young generation, people in their teens and early 20s, is actually the rise of the fake influencers around us. It's why people don't know who to trust anymore, and it has completely eroded their trust in themselves. They need to watch a YouTube video to tie their shoes, it's kinda pathetic if you ask me.

For everyone talking trash - I'd love to know where you're at. Do do you own a million dollar business? What's your net worth?
According to your mindset, if Bill Gates were to say Alex is a scam artist of the worst kind, we'd have to believe him, because he's richer than us (or Alex). I don't believe what someone says just because they have money. I believe it if it makes sense, it's rational and logical. Why do you believe things based on them being said by a rich person?

This is exactly why the current generation (not you, folks much younger than you) is so dumb – they take life advice from all sorts of influencers, most whom are in no position to give advice of any kind. They don't know what to believe, and they end up believing that by some sort of magic, by being close to those people, something will rob off them, and they too will make lots of money. A ripoff of the law of attraction really.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.