The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

HIPPYOWL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 5, 2017
Los Angeles CA
Hey guys, I got my board a little unorganized but I didn't really get it down the first time around.
Is there anything you guys see that I'm not setting up properly?

1st column is my inbox dumping grounds.
2nd is my projects which I may need to eliminate a lot and focus on 2-3.
3rd is my today to-do list (which can go over 3 things all the time and I don't really get them all completed)
5th is my overall goals (I wish I could hide this)
6th is my completed task.

Any help is appreciate. I will organize it better tonight and re-read the OP. I feel more organized in a sense but I'm still a paper guy. I am going to try to make it similar to MJ's goal setting cheat sheet.

Thanks

2018-01-22.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
I like Trello for the pure simplicity.

This may have been mentioned in this thread, but if working on multiple projects this is how I work it:

1 Board for every distinct project - time block your day for each project (e.g, 2 hours on Project A 7-9am, 1 hour Project B 12-1pm), only look at XYZ board during that timeblock.

Anyone else do this?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hey guys, I got my board a little unorganized but I didn't really get it down the first time around.

3rd is my today to-do list (which can go over 3 things all the time and I don't really get them all completed)

Any help is appreciate. I will organize it better tonight and re-read the OP. I feel more organized in a sense but I'm still a paper guy. I am going to try to make it similar to MJ's goal setting cheat sheet.

Thanks

View attachment 17578
Why would you want to hide your goals? I have mine in the first list on my board. That's the stuff I want to remind myself of every day. THAT'S the WHY you're doing all of this and any task on your board should be related back to one of those goals.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Thanks

@HIPPYOWL There are a few things i would suggest here after looking at your board.

#1, follow the orginal layout a little more closely. Your goals should be first and your goals should be set well. Your only goal I can see is to hire a VA. This is a great goal but needs definition. Hire the VA for what, and in what time frame?

Giving the goal a timeframe and having it show on the card, helps you better plan the process to getting that goal completed.

The you should have your inbox where everything goes and your focus box which is what you work from.

#2 break down your tasks. A lot of your inbox items are too broad and too deep. There are tasks that are a date and look to have things used inside them like task lists. This is ineffective because the real tasks are hidden and not in plain sight. You can't ever move "Accounting" to the done column.

#3 remove the dates, if you need to schedule things, use the schedule function, if you need to see when items are old, look at the history. The more clutter you see on your board, the harder it is to process constantly and the less you use it. You should be re-prioritizing as things come in.

Some folks layer in timing strategies like pomodoro as well to help have a system to follow to add new things to the list and process email and phone calls. this may help you have more time for the tasks at hand, and specified times to deal with email and new items flowing into the inbox and being prioritized.

HIPPYOWL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 5, 2017
Los Angeles CA
Why would you want to hide your goals? I have mine in the first list on my board. That's the stuff I want to remind myself of every day. THAT'S the WHY you're doing all of this and any task on your board should be related back to one of those goals.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You're right I definitely want this as something I see everyday.. I had a separate column for projects and goals and realize it would be better together. Thank you.

HIPPYOWL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 5, 2017
Los Angeles CA
@HIPPYOWL There are a few things i would suggest here after looking at your board.

#1, follow the orginal layout a little more closely. Your goals should be first and your goals should be set well. Your only goal I can see is to hire a VA. This is a great goal but needs definition. Hire the VA for what, and in what time frame?

Giving the goal a timeframe and having it show on the card, helps you better plan the process to getting that goal completed.

The you should have your inbox where everything goes and your focus box which is what you work from.

#2 break down your tasks. A lot of your inbox items are too broad and too deep. There are tasks that are a date and look to have things used inside them like task lists. This is ineffective because the real tasks are hidden and not in plain sight. You can't ever move "Accounting" to the done column.

#3 remove the dates, if you need to schedule things, use the schedule function, if you need to see when items are old, look at the history. The more clutter you see on your board, the harder it is to process constantly and the less you use it. You should be re-prioritizing as things come in.

Some folks layer in timing strategies like pomodoro as well to help have a system to follow to add new things to the list and process email and phone calls. this may help you have more time for the tasks at hand, and specified times to deal with email and new items flowing into the inbox and being prioritized.

Thank you for your suggestions.
#1. I just realized how off I was compared to your layout. I looked up some other people's trello on youtube and did too much. I made my goals more simpler with more specifics and a due date.

#2. My task we're checklist inside my cards so yeah I realized they're not visually effective at all. My inbox is super long now but I understand why this is better.

#3. For some reason my brain likes it when I know the date as stupid as that sounds. I added the due date as the current date if anything. You're right I just want to see today's to-do list as 3 simple small task so my brain doesn't get overwhelmed.

I've been stuck in my head lately I'm just an unorganized person in general so doing this today I have much more clarity and I feel ready to get to it tomorrow. The one good thing is I liked dumping my ideas out on trello. It's harder to keep track with pencil/paper but I realized because my board was so cluttered that now I got a lot of stuff that needs done.
I had a half-a$$ personal board that I put together today too. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 2018-01-24 (2).png
    2018-01-24 (2).png
    389.6 KB · Views: 38

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thank you for your suggestions.
#1. I just realized how off I was compared to your layout. I looked up some other people's trello on youtube and did too much. I made my goals more simpler with more specifics and a due date.

#2. My task we're checklist inside my cards so yeah I realized they're not visually effective at all. My inbox is super long now but I understand why this is better.

#3. For some reason my brain likes it when I know the date as stupid as that sounds. I added the due date as the current date if anything. You're right I just want to see today's to-do list as 3 simple small task so my brain doesn't get overwhelmed.

I've been stuck in my head lately I'm just an unorganized person in general so doing this today I have much more clarity and I feel ready to get to it tomorrow. The one good thing is I liked dumping my ideas out on trello. It's harder to keep track with pencil/paper but I realized because my board was so cluttered that now I got a lot of stuff that needs done.
I had a half-a$$ personal board that I put together today too. Thanks again.

Yup, the simplier it is, the easier it is to stay on task and move right through stuff. You'll get a dopamine hit each one you move to completed. I cull my completed list often as well, just hold the mouse over the completed card and press "C" and it will archive them.

This is also why i moved to favro, my project stuff and waiting/long item list is actually on a separate "board" which is displayed on the same page but collapsible, it helps even further in keeping just the tasks, goals, and inbox in front of you. I'd wonder if there is a plugin that will let people do the same thing on trello for free.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So Funny you bring that up J because I stopped using trello a year ago for the same reason and switched to favro.com.

I just switched everything over to Favro now.

Amazing to watch the value attributes and skew in action as it sucks and draws money/users from place to place.

When I first used Trello I found it lacking and thought it was ripe to have its value array taken to task. I see that happening here, not that Trello seems to have suffered for it though. Where there's skew, there's opportunity.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
@LightHouse awesome thread. I like the principle and layout. I am not sure if I like Trello for that.

For me problem is that I have to put everything in one Board. I would prefare to have separate projects separately:
1. It allows me to assign different people to different projects to help me out.
2. They all have different priorites. Some of them makes me money, some of them just for fun etc. etc.

I would like to hear more how guys set it up on Asana. @Sanj Modha maybe you can elaborate more on this?

silentownage001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Apr 7, 2013
I've started setting up Trello. Currently have 1 board for my mobile app and will make another one for my ecommerce. From there I'll see if 2 boards works or if I'll just use one.

Up until now I've simply used the Notes app and kept more detailed info and plans in Word docs. That system though is becoming a pain to use.

Having the Finished column is great so I can see what I've done. In the Notes app I just delete a task when I finish it.

Overall I think this is promising. Just gonna take some time moving things over and adjusting from my current system.

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 22, 2014
Maitland, Australia
I've Trello'd before, on and off, and I feel like I should love it, but I haven't found a way to get it to "stick" in my processes.

Started to use this (in Trello) last week, and started REALLY using it over the weekend, and today.

I'm liking it so far. We'll see if it sticks, but so far, so good!

My disorganization / ADD has been a long time issue for me, and I feel like I'm finally starting to work out from under it. This is icing on the cake, tbh.

Thanks @LightHouse et. al.
LOL, yeah, have had trouble sticking to Trello or for that matter any 'productivity' system.
recently watched a video where my Kolbe A score might have an answer as to why we 'ADD' types find it difficult to stick to a system.

Here's the video, hope you find it useful. I'm yet to implement the 'Peronal Kanban' style setup, but it is something I'm working towards. ->
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-_QzoeRdk
&
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZeAVXI-Mb4

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
For those of you that wanted a free Trello alternative, I just saw this one. I have not tried it because Favro works for me, but it may work for some of you.

Zenkit | A beautiful way to organize.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
For those of you that wanted a free Trello alternative, I just saw this one. I have not tried it because Favro works for me, but it may work for some of you.

Zenkit | A beautiful way to organize.
This looks nice.

I just finished up trials with Favro and Breeze (which @eliquid recommended upthread). I liked both of them. Favro's basic 5-user plan is a little much for me to justify as a one-man outfit given Trello's free option and Breeze's single-user option.

I never could get their single-user plan to show up for me. It's either well-hidden or they've dropped it. The other thing is that I'm not as bothered by Trello's limitations as some are, though I certainly do like the greater flexibility in these alternatives.

Zenkit does look like a contender here though, especially with that option to import from Trello boards.

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
This looks nice.

I just finished up trials with Favro and Breeze (which @eliquid recommended upthread). I liked both of them. Favro's basic 5-user plan is a little much for me to justify as a one-man outfit given Trello's free option and Breeze's single-user option.

I never could get their single-user plan to show up for me. It's either well-hidden or they've dropped it. The other thing is that I'm not as bothered by Trello's limitations as some are, though I certainly do like the greater flexibility in these alternatives.

Zenkit does look like a contender here though, especially with that option to import from Trello boards.
Did you pilot Zenkit? I would be interested in your thoughts relative to your Favro and Breeze trials. Thanks.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I'm using it at the moment as a Trello stand-in. Things like board templates and importing from Trello are nice. The free plan allows for up to five team members, which is one of the more generous plans I've seen.

It also has an option to switch between different views on each board, so you aren't stuck with just the kanban cards. You can also view as a calendar, a list, and a mind map -- which sounds really cool, but I haven't really played with it. Even the classic kanban can be tweaked to organize the lists according to different tags or even custom fields you set up.

I don't think any of these features are really deal-makers for me. The platform looks good, and it obviously does a little more than Trello. And keep in mind that I'm hardly a power user on these platforms so I wouldn't be the one to ask about the extra bells and whistles. Take that with a grain of salt.

It's worth a look if you're shopping around, though I'm not sure there's anything in it worth making the jump from Trello or any other platform if you're already invested in one.

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
It sounds great, but it just fills me with dread. My slowlane boss micromanages us via calendar and I'm just tired of spending so much time putting every little thing I do on my calendar and time card instead of you know, actually doing the work. This just feels like I'm micromanaging myself and I doubt I could bring myself to do it with my current state of mind.

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
It sounds great, but it just fills me with dread. My slowlane boss micromanages us via calendar and I'm just tired of spending so much time putting every little thing I do on my calendar and time card instead of you know, actually doing the work. This just feels like I'm micromanaging myself and I doubt I could bring myself to do it with my current state of mind.
Time for a mental shift...each of us is different, but you have to do the things necessary to move you into the fastlane, no matter if you like it or not! You are doing this for YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FUTURE. This isn't about tracking every little thing/action you take. This is about establishing some powerful fastlane goals, setting yourself up for success to take the right actions at the right time for the right result. Get er done!

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
This might be an alternative too: ClickUp | Productivity Platform
And the price is good too (free for an individual). Did not tested it fully yet, myself, but will give it a go. Although Trello covers my needs for now.

silentownage001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Apr 7, 2013
Having used Trello for a little while now I've found myself to be more productive. It's helped me better see everything I need to do for both businesses and figure out how to prioritize them. I'm also getting 2-3 things done each day consistently.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
So Funny you bring that up J because I stopped using trello a year ago for the same reason and switched to favro.com. Which is a clone but with that feature and a few others added.

First thing back from the summit and I'm taking a day to get my house in order, so re-visiting this thread. The months where I used your Trello system were the most productive I've ever had. I think I gradually stopped using it a year ago as it became more and more cluttered.

I'm liking the features that Favro offers. The additional rows of cards, and collapsible items look like a good way to cut down on the visual clutter.

I'm probably not alone in saying that if you took the time to share your layout/set-up with Favro, it'd be really valuable, even if it's a paid app.

Em_Ebert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 21, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
This looks nice.

Hi RS,
My name is Eric and I work at Zenkit. If you get a chance to try it out, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Quick thoughts on why we built it: We always found that Trello cards were getting to long and the board was getting too cluttered, so we wanted to build a way to "view" the core data in different tools. Use a calendar to quickly set dates and use a table to drill down into the numbers.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
@LightHouse Trello has been great but have been betting against some challenges... looks like favro solves them. Specifically, having a mix of big tasks and sub tasks in one board both at the card level doesn’t seem to work. Favro seems to have an easy way to have multiple boards brought together under a single concept or initiative...

Will be moving everything over tomorrow to check it out.

Em_Ebert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 21, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
@LightHouse Trello has been great but have been betting against some challenges... looks like favro solves them. Specifically, having a mix of big tasks and sub tasks in one board both at the card level doesn’t seem to work. Favro seems to have an easy way to have multiple boards brought together under a single concept or initiative...

I'm curious to hear how it goes. Zenkit can do reference fields to connect data across different collections (boards). I think that might work for you and it's free.

If we're missing something, please let us know. We're still developing like crazy and we don't want to miss any key features.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

Also looks promising. I’ll check it out tomorrow!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
@LightHouse Favro seems to have an easy way to have multiple boards brought together under a single concept or initiative

I set up favro yesterday. I put all my tasks in the “backlog” in “tree view”. My tasks are sorted underneath about 15 categories or projects. I really like it.

In trello, I would have everything in one list, with tags, and then would use filters to only see certain tags when I needed them. This was clunky and ultimately just too hard to look at my inbox at a glance.

In the screenshot @LightHouse shared, he had two boards, the Doing & Done board, and a weekly planning one. I thought that idea was brilliant! I’m giving it a try, and my week’s been the most focused I’ve had in a long time. I like that I can hide the weekly board in one click, so that it doesn’t distract or overwhelm me while I’m trying to tackle my 3 things.

The one problem I haven’t solved is how to incorporate long-term planning into this system. Monthly goals or quarterly goals. The “timeline” in favro I don’t think I like. More of a calendar type view I think would be better.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
First thing back from the summit and I'm taking a day to get my house in order, so re-visiting this thread. The months where I used your Trello system were the most productive I've ever had. I think I gradually stopped using it a year ago as it became more and more cluttered.

I'm liking the features that Favro offers. The additional rows of cards, and collapsible items look like a good way to cut down on the visual clutter.

I'm probably not alone in saying that if you took the time to share your layout/set-up with Favro, it'd be really valuable, even if it's a paid app.

Awesome to meet you finally BTW. Glad this is working for you, dont stop using it, ever. If it contains everything you know, youll be forced to use it.

As for my favro board, it won't make sense for anyone else because i've tuned it. It still has a the core layout as part of it, but it is a lot less cluttered. Anything that has to pause, like awaiting emails, gets tagged certain colors and moved to a collapse board. It's really quite interesting actually.

The key is to start with the template and modify it until it works exactly how you need it to in the least amount of steps possible.

Hi RS,
My name is Eric and I work at Zenkit. If you get a chance to try it out, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Quick thoughts on why we built it: We always found that Trello cards were getting to long and the board was getting too cluttered, so we wanted to build a way to "view" the core data in different tools. Use a calendar to quickly set dates and use a table to drill down into the numbers.

Great to have you here, are you the founder or an outreach/community guy? If you stick around, esp in this thread, I am sure it will be beneficial to see how our community may leverage your app.

I have loved it since I got on it. I created a windows app that is pinned to my task bar. I essentially have one screen at home and my office dedicated to favro, and the other/others for production.

I set up favro yesterday. I put all my tasks in the “backlog” in “tree view”. My tasks are sorted underneath about 15 categories or projects. I really like it.

In trello, I would have everything in one list, with tags, and then would use filters to only see certain tags when I needed them. This was clunky and ultimately just too hard to look at my inbox at a glance.

In the screenshot @LightHouse shared, he had two boards, the Doing & Done board, and a weekly planning one. I thought that idea was brilliant! I’m giving it a try, and my week’s been the most focused I’ve had in a long time. I like that I can hide the weekly board in one click, so that it doesn’t distract or overwhelm me while I’m trying to tackle my 3 things.

The one problem I haven’t solved is how to incorporate long-term planning into this system. Monthly goals or quarterly goals. The “timeline” in favro I don’t think I like. More of a calendar type view I think would be better.

The screenshots i shared were from google images, but the to-do, doing, and done board is the same as the orgianl i posted, but with different names. I clear the done col every day, and limit the doing to 3 items at a time. I move off anything waiting to a different board. As well as project related stuff and all that. The more you work on making it better, the more you will rely on it.

The only thing that sucks so far, that i found out on the plane home a few days ago, is it doesn't seem to work offline for the android app. or I hadn't opened it recently and nothing was there. that was a bit frustrating(it may have been my issue, will have to double check).

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Have you had a look at Clubhouse.io? I stumbled onto it a few days ago since we are looking for Product Management tools to help our team. I'm just working my way through setting it up as a trial, so I don't have feedback yet.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I have loved it since I got on it. I created a windows app that is pinned to my task bar. I essentially have one screen at home and my office dedicated to favro, and the other/others for production.

This is a great idea! I'm going to get another monitor.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Been using it for almost 2 years now.

It works. No matter how many projects you have.

My cards look like this:

[person/client/reason]: [task]

So for example, a typical task list might be:

Chris: Update landing page copy from the Google Doc

Boris: Update Facebook Creatives in Campaign #1

Justin: Schedule call

It's not great. I don't include due dates unless they're in waiting or deep in the inbox. I don't need to because it's just going to get done today or the next day.

Big tasks get split up into sub tasks. I won't just say "Create new campaign", I'll say "Create audience targeting", "Come up with creative ideas for testing", "Get creative images and copy", "Set up & schedule campaign on (platform)". Or similar. I'm not consistent with the way I split up things.

I jump around from task to task a lot as needed. So this board helps keep me on track.

I update them either before bed or in the morning. If a task comes up and it just gets done (for example, a call that's already in my calendar) it will never be logged in my Trello.

I'm terrible at organizing in general. It hurts my head and causes anxiety. With this, I don't have to worry about it.

More tips on how to use it effectively:

1) Refer to it when you feel off track. If you feel like you're on track, don't refer to it. It'll distract you. This is a double edged sword, because you might feel on track but you're actually behind. If it's constantly updated, though, this won't be a problem.

2) I am starting to implement it for one of my clients. They love the idea of the system, too. The client in question is a team of people. For teams, it becomes more complex. I'll update you all when we get it going.

I can't say I use it perfectly but it really helps get on a roll. But in order for it to help you, you have to USE IT. My least productive days are the ones where I don't refer to the board. Refer to it when you feel off track and update it when there's new things to add.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.