The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A stone tossed in the ocean...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Lately we've seen numerous negative comments and opinions on paid forum ads, based on little to no factual information or experience (or perhaps even reason). Though everyone can offer an opinion about something, does that mean you should?

My problem with negative opinions, despite their intended purpose (and when they aren't based on real evidence or personal experience), is they hurt the forum as a whole. We aren't here because we're entitled to a forum. We're here because MJ allows it. When negative comments get posted on paid ads, it leads to hesitation to buy paid ads in the future. That leads to less money in MJ's pocket. I don't think MJ relies on $30 ads to sustain himself, but it IS a passive income source for him. Why do something to hurt MJ when all he's ever done was help us along our path?

I've shut down viral YouTube channels due to negative comments. Hundreds of thousands of views and hungry followers all gone overnight. I didn't owe them jack shit. And though many people found the videos valuable, the negative comments weighed me down. For that reason, I pushed delete, and whether they deserved that or not, the channel went away. Not saying MJ would do that, but this IS NOT just a forum. It's a forum where entrepreneurs create value and get ahead.

And that leads into my second problem with negative opinions, which is that many of those who purchase forum ads have been here for YEARS helping others free of charge and NEVER asking for repayment for that value. They've invested time in responses and step-by-step threads and literally walked people through their journey, helping others with challenges along the way. But the second they post a paid offering, people go apeshit calling them false prophets and questioning their motives. What this says is, it's okay to share value, but only when others don't have to pay for it.

And that leads to those posters, who've been around, and helped a lot of people, not wanting to do that anymore. Give and give and give, and others take and take and take, and at some point it should balance out. But when that doesn't happen, can't blame people for not sticking around. And when people who add a lot of value don't stick around, the entire forum suffers. It degrades the quality of posts, and leads to an environment not unlike Warrior Forum or reddit...

But we are supposed to be different and better. Entrepreneurs helping entrepreneurs. Guys and girls trying to reach out and grab a piece of freedom for ourselves. And each person has to do their own due diligence. And many people who might actually benefit from a given offering, might not get that chance to improve their lives simply because they just don't know. They don't know because they're young, or they haven't learned the mindset, or any number of other reasons. They don't know, and maybe they'll never know because one or two negative comments stripped them of that chance.

Please stop and think about the effects of your words. Dropping negative comments without reason is like a stone tossed in the ocean. The stone drops in the water and disappears, but just how far do the ripples it creates go? Who do those ripples impact along the way? The one throwing the stone doesn't care and will never know.

1. Everyone, do your own due diligence.
2. Stop posting negative comments unless you have direct experience.
3. Consider the effect of your words before you post them.
4. Create the forum, community, and world you want to live in as you'd like it to be.
5. Enjoy the value of others. Pay for value if you want more.

wtf... we're all just trying to do the best we can and make our own way.

It's not that complicated.

P.S. The beggar on the street might be a scammer...he might be trying to pull one over on you...you might want to call him names and warn everyone about his tricks...but what if he's a single dad with 2 kids, no home, just trying to survive another day?

You can be someone who adds to the world. Or you can be someone who takes away.

Who do you choose to be?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think it's good practice to always assume positive intent, particularly in a place like this.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.” - Richard Bach

The way people craft their words and publish them shows a whole lot about how they approach things in general. It shows their past, their present and their future. The way people post publicly shows their personalities and sets the tone for future, more private interactions. We are all at different stages in our lives, we are struggling with different challenges on our search for Fastlane liberation and we all celebrate different victories. We are different and this is what makes us human. The magic of this forum is to celebrate victories of different natures together, to learn from each other, to push each other to aim higher, to develop your true self and to simply be more.

Despite all the differences, there is one single value for me that should never get lost, no matter who you talk to and where you do it.

And this is respect.

Because we are different, we think differently. But we still deserve to be respected.

Every. Single. One.

And posting negative comments in a marketplace ad that was posted by a LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR who has given everything and more certainly lacks respect.

"If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die." - Maya Angelou

The world is smaller than we think.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Well said, Lex the most sinister.

There's a big difference between constructive criticism, asking questions, questioning the beliefs that might be holding the OP back, and well...just being a dick with an opinion.

@AndrewNC 's paid post is a good example. Is his stuff for everyone? No. That's why it's a niche!

I for one have benefited tremendously from Andrew's work though.

So who's to say just because it won't help some, it doesn't help others?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I think it's good practice to always assume positive intent, particularly in a place like this.

i believe we can only behave according to our current understanding of life.

society : 80 % of pawns and 20 % of masters

---> experts are very often dissapointed because nobody wants their expertise

people prefer ( and this is proven ) to buy books with titles like " skinny bitch "

than books with titles like " the smart program to lose weight written by a phd "

i am not kidding you here. this is a real case from eben pagan's teaching

we can only adapt to people 's average IQ

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
It really is simple... If you're skeptical of a paid ad, simply ask questions. It goes for anything life. Trust, but verify. I'm sure the person who has something to offer would be more than happy to answer your question, because others probably have the same question. And then you can have an interactive conversation and see if the offer is truly for you, or not.

But if you don't want to do that, simply move on. I can see if someone came to a thread explaining that they've worked with so and so in the past, or used their product, it didn't work for them, and left a respectful negative review. But to jump at it the opportunity of doing that from a place of unknowing is quite unnecessary. The other person is at least trying to contribute value - by attacking that, what are you doing?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If it were me @SinisterLex. I wouldn't worry about it. All it will do is fall on deaf ears. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.