The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ocean Man's Journey To Earning A Bachelor's Degree

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Super! How did you convince him?
Well, I've always accelerated 2-3 courses at a time, but I was surprised when he said he'd also accelerate the capstone project. As I thought the capstone project requirement was to have all of the courses finished beforehand. So it's exciting news!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I submitted and had my capstone project evaluated today. I passed!

Usually, the capstone project is your final class, but as you may know from my previous post, I accelerated it while I was taking another course. All that's remaining is to study for that course, take the exam, and I would officially finish my curriculum and apply for graduation!

I'll focus on completing this course once I get back to America. For now, I want to enjoy the remaining time I have left in South Korea!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I wanted to wait until I actually got the diploma, but I’m too excited!

Yesterday, May 6th, I passed and received my CompTIA Project+ certification exam. This exam was my last course.

I have zero remaining courses left and I’m basically done. I’m waiting until next week for my exam scores to come back to the school and for my project mentor to recommend me for graduation.

It has been a long journey, but I’ve now passed the goal line! I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Software Development!

If a mod can change the title to include [COMPLETED] or [GRADUATED], I’d appreciate it!

Thank you everyone for following this journey. It’s only the beginning. And I’m thankful for those mentioning alternative schools to in-person brick and mortars. I highly recommend online colleges such as Western Governor’s University, where you can accelerate in your studies.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
foto_no_exif.jpg
My diploma arrived on Saturday and the frame came in today. I never thought I'd have a bachelor's because I never thought I needed it. As slowlane as it gets, however; COVID gave me an opportunity to do everything online. Erased my name for obvious privacy reasons. I'm proud of following through and accomplishing the goal I started!

Thanks for following and supporting me since the beginning of this thread. From going back to traditional school and then taking the chance and transferring to an online school. It's been a journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Incredible man! Just came across this today and am so inspired and motivated.

I look forward to your future journey. What are your plans?

For now, have a good time and enjoy your deserved degree!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Incredible man! Just came across this today and am so inspired and motivated.

I look forward to your future journey. What are your plans?

For now, have a good time and enjoy your deserved degree!
Thank you!

Is there anything you're currently working on or planning? Are you currently a student?

My current plan is to either get into a FANG company since I'm a software engineer (I've already been working as a software engineer at a smaller company for the last five years, but to go into the larger conglomerates I need to study much more aggressively for the technical interviews. The demand is much different than a smaller or medium-sized company.)

But rather than a FANG company, I'm more interested in Web3. I'm learning and working on my smart contract development skills. I would like to focus more on this sector. Work in web3 as a software engineer or founder.

Long-term goals would be (besides software engineering), purchasing a multi-family unit with an FHA loan and buying a business rather than starting one.

But my goal first is to get a better job so I can save more money to do these things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.