The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 2

Same routine as yesterday: woke up at 6, dressed, drank some water, and then I sit down. It is 7:15 AM now for the record.

Today my mind was 10 times more active than it was yesterday. No, it was 100 times more active. It was interesting to observe it, but I feel like I let myself get dragged into my stream of thoughts a couple of times.

I wonder if today would be a better day to do certain activities that work well with an active brain, while yesterday was a better day to do activities that go well with a quieter one.

Again, I checked my phone's timer once, and it said 14 minutes left, just like yesterday. I enjoyed the session and I feel great, see you tomorrow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 44 completed.

Was okay considering I had a terrible, sleepless night dealing with stomach issues. It's a wonder I could actually meditate for an hour not in the toilet :happy:

Again, I checked my phone's timer once, and it said 14 minutes left, just like yesterday. I enjoyed the session and I feel great, see you tomorrow.

Next time try to observe when the urge to check the phone appears and don't act on it. Just watch it and feel okay observing it, without letting it draw you into it.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 3

Same routine as usual. The moment I heard the alarm clock my brain suggested to go back to sleep, but I had to get up to turn the alarm off anyway, and as soon as I got up that thought of going back to sleep disappeared.

My mind was very noisy today, but it was way less chaotic than yesterday. Instead of jumping to a hundred of different thoughts that were completely unrelated, it attempted to keep an overarching theme to them. I was more detached from my thoughts than yesterday.

This time I identified the feeling that made me want to check my phone's timer and observed it, instead of acting upon it. It was a sense of impatience, I felt tingling and heat in my hands. It faded away within a minute, so that was good.

I learned a little about myself today.

See you tomorrow.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 45 completed.

Very unfocused. I drifted away in thoughts so much it felt almost like falling asleep. But I still did my best to refocus after each thought pulled me away.

This time I identified the feeling that made me want to check my phone's timer and observed it, instead of acting upon it. It was a sense of impatience, I felt tingling and heat in my hands. It faded away within a minute, so that was good.

Great job, that's how you develop a deeper awareness!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 45 completed.

I've learned to love the necessary slow down for me to make it a great session.

Learning how to set myself up for 60 minutes of mini distraction disasters or 60 minutes of calm, floating, tingling head space.

Taking control to give up control.

This has been really awesome to do with you guys! :)

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 45

Found myself being aware of a variety of topics I'm interested in for the past few days. While today's meditation was (meh) alright.

Even when my interest in meditation starts fading, or getting past that initial feeling of needing to meditate for my morning routine, I still found it in myself to meditate. Because as time passes and we become different people every day, meditation helps me realize how important it is to spend time with yourself and become aware of these changes no matter how small or big they are.

I'm overall glad that the consistency of doing this makes me realize what I've been doing for 45 days has changed for the better personally (mentally, spiritually, and emotionally).

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
In Zen Buddhism they do Kinhin to help blood circulation. It's basically walking around in a circle using half-steps, while looking down. I use to do it every 45 minutes during long sessions.

1611775018249.jpeg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 46 completed.

My mind was quiet for the first 45 minutes or so. It felt as if someone gave it a sedative. Then my hip started hurting a lot, eventually I had to change my position to reduce the pain, and I was a little more distracted for the remaining 15 minutes or so.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 4

Today my mind was a little quieter than the past two days, and I had more urges to pick up my phone to check the timer. I think it's because I didn't sleep too well and I was feeling extra groggy. I really wanted to go back to bed.

I did not give in to the urge, thanks to knowing that it's just temporary. I went to bed after the session and slept like a little baby for 2 and a half hours:somber:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 5

Today time flew by. Still lots of thoughts, and I joined in on them a couple of times, but I kept on track for most of the session.

See you tomorrow.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 46

My will and discipline to meditation is nearly at an all-time low at this point, however I'm still keeping at it.
This forum honestly keeps me accountable to keep going, since stopping now just seems unacceptable, especially after so many days of meditating. I still want to meditate even after this challenge ends.

I think when you sleep 8 or more hours these sessions become much easier.
I had more urges to pick up my phone to check the timer. I think it's because I didn't sleep too well and I was feeling extra groggy.
It's probably been said a couple times in this thread, but sleeping definitely plays a big role in meditation for me.
If I sleep less than or equal to 6.5 hours, I noticed I became more unmotivated and undisciplined, falling back to old habits to cope and deal with stress-- and filling the "void."

It is only because of meditation that I'm giving myself the chance to just be and being aware of my self.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 47 completed.

What a beautiful, deep session. I was calm most of the time, with brief forays into the mind quickly redirected back to the center.

By the end of the session I was deeply aware each time I followed a thought. I could almost instantly see myself getting lost in a thought I didn't plant there and with a kind of "amusement" center back, as if scolding a child with a kind smile.

My will and discipline to meditation is nearly at an all-time low at this point, however I'm still keeping at it.
This forum honestly keeps me accountable to keep going, since stopping now just seems unacceptable, especially after so many days of meditating. I still want to meditate even after this challenge ends.

You don't need it but I'll say it anyway: keep going. I've also had (and will for sure continue to have) many days in a row of "bad" sessions that felt like sitting and just wasting my time. But these "bad" sessions are still practice.

It reminds me of what Michael A. Singer said about meditation:

You're sitting down for the same reason to play your scales. If you're sitting down to practice piano and expect to play Beethoven when you get up, you're gonna quit the piano. "The reason I'm here is to practice scales."

The reason you have sat down is to learn how to be conscious inside while your mind doesn't shut up or while your heart is hurting you. There's no such thing as a bad meditation.

I am sitting down because I chose to, because I know I need to be present so that I can work on myself. And this is a time that I don't have distractions and I can practice being present. And you'll find out you're present, you just don't like what you're watching.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It's probably been said a couple times in this thread, but sleeping definitely plays a big role in meditation for me.
If I sleep less than or equal to 6.5 hours, I noticed I became more unmotivated and undisciplined, falling back to old habits to cope and deal with stress-- and filling the "void."
Yeah, my biggest issue is waking up to go to the barhtoom in the middle of the night. Some nights it happens 2-3 times, and it makes my next day miserable.

I will drink less water after 6 PM.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Thank you so much brother, I think this is the much-needed need of our present society where everyone is just chasing a goal that makes them unsatisfied after possessing it and starts a vicious circle of desires.

This is something that has to be done and experienced by an individual.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 6

The first half of the hour didn't go that well, lots of thoughts and lots of derailing, the second half went much better, I had deeper focus on myself.

At this point waking up and getting to meditating is something I actively look forward, not something I kinda have to force myself to do. The habit is starting to form.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 48 completed.

More distracted but it was okay.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 48 will be completed today and tried another variation last night for 47!

Inspired by @ZCP's weekly massage & meditation sessions, my love was amazing enough to massage for 60 minutes while I laid in meditation. It was unbelievable!!

My favorite part was the connection of being fully in the now tied to the feeling of his hands. My mind wasn't tempted to wander off. It stayed in a calm and thankful lull.

One of my favorite days since the start here and will use the experience to learn and grow in future sessions.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 7

What a great session, I'm starting to get used to this whole meditating thing, and I can refocus much more easily than a week ago. I still have lots to learn, but I'm on the right path.

My next objective is learning to catch my own mind drifting away and putting it back on track faster. Right now it takes me a bit to realize I've lost focus, so I'll work on that.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 49 completed.

Very calm and went by super fast. I kept letting go of stuff that bothered me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 7

What a great session, I'm starting to get used to this whole meditating thing, and I can refocus much more easily than a week ago. I still have lots to learn, but I'm on the right path.

My next objective is learning to catch my own mind drifting away and putting it back on track faster. Right now it takes me a bit to realize I've lost focus, so I'll work on that.

Great stuff. It does take time and practice to refocus quickly. But at least it's a very simple skill to learn. It just requires constant awareness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.