The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit, Official Event Thread

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who posted feedback from the Summit and for the great pictures! Thanks for sharing. It is really helpful for those of us who didn't make it this time, to encourage us to try harder next year.

I'm going to wear this name tag every day from now on to remind myself to be ready for "Fastlane Summit 2017"..haha

I looked back at when MJ announced this one, and it was around the end of September. That means we only have 7 more months to go (hopefully) before we get to hear his shout-out! :D

SummitBadge1a.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

spencerr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
717%
Jun 19, 2008
Dammit! I was nice and comfortable until I went to this conference.

You see I created a pretty good life for myself though the years. After 7 or so years of running a small consulting company billing pretty much full time at a pretty high hourly rate I was able to build a pretty nice nest egg. Couple that with investing in some real estate for the past 15 or so years...things were good...so I thought.

I have a flexible job where I make pretty good money where I work from home. I have a beautiful paid for house, awesome wife, loving kids, no debt and good savings. What more can a person want in life I told myself.

Throughout the years of living comfortably, I became complacent and told myself the lie that I did not want more for myself. I believed that lie for a pretty long time. The resistance has been so strong and so long I probably still believed it until I had the past few days to reflect.

The conference opened up my eyes to the possibility of more.

I was able to see already uber successful entrepreneurs and professionals not settling and pushing for more for themselves and even more amazing...more for others.

I sat with another member who went to the event just 2 years ago and was able to transform his life in just 2 years later. I was sitting right next to (and not knowing) a rock star that probably has one of the more successful kickstarter campaigns going. I had a chance to sit at dinner with a super successful real estate and business owner while he selflessly dropped knowledge to a small group of us for over two hours.

I went to the event not believing it would change me but it did and for that I thank all of you.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Dammit! I was nice and comfortable until I went to this conference.

You see I created a pretty good life for myself though the years. After 7 or so years of running a small consulting company billing pretty much full time at a pretty high hourly rate I was able to build a pretty nice nest egg. Couple that with investing in some real estate for the past 15 or so years...things were good...so I thought.

I have a flexible job where I make pretty good money where I work from home. I have a beautiful paid for house, awesome wife, loving kids, no debt and good savings. What more can a person want in life I told myself.

Throughout the years of living comfortably, I became complacent and told myself the lie that I did not want more for myself. I believed that lie for a pretty long time. The resistance has been so strong and so long I probably still believed it until I had the past few days to reflect.

The conference opened up my eyes to the possibility of more.

I was able to see already uber successful entrepreneurs and professionals not settling and pushing for more for themselves and even more amazing...more for others.

I sat with another member who went to the event just 2 years ago and was able to transform his life in just 2 years later. I was sitting right next to (and not knowing) a rock star that probably has one of the more successful kickstarter campaigns going. I had a chance to sit at dinner with a super successful real estate and business owner while he selflessly dropped knowledge to a small group of us for over two hours.

I went to the event not believing it would change me but it did and for that I thank all of you.
It was a synergy...a gathering of a Dream Team of sort.

I think it's important to note that all of our "Lambos" are different, but ultimately we all want freedom.

Your life sounds grand right now, my friend. No debt and a paid off house..flexible hours = more valuable time with the family! :)

I knew it was going to be life changing, and it was. I think it will only get better to go back for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time because you can catch up with other folks and see how they're coming along.

I'm so bad with names, but I remember the faces! Also very impressed that MJ knew all of us noobs' avatars, haha.

My roommate and I were just talking...we will be back next year for sure.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, what a great event. So many great stories, so many wonderful people. It was truly an honor to be in the presence of such greatness.

My Key takeaways:

I am a pheasant plucker's son.

don't try to follow the crowd by doing what's trendy, stay true to yourself and your core strengths/interests ( @throttleforward )

a little bit of out of the box thinking can go a long way when you exhaust the normal channels ( @Red )

I need to be outsourcing more (pretty much everybody)

Don't F*cking dabble (@LightHouse)

Don't waste time testing your market if you know you have a good idea - the data is meaningless anyway @biophase

@AllenCrawley has a real talent for high end branding

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
1st day back in MI.

This past week was an amazing week for me. EVERYONE at the Meetup was amazing. I'm not going to name names because I will forget someone. I was happy to talk to each person. I wish I could have had conversation with everyone, but 100+ people is a lot.

I will be typing the pages and pages of notes I took. I learned something from every speaker.

Something I picked up on early was that there was no prejudice, no judging, no negativity. I looked every person in the eyes and they were happy to meet me as I was them. They didn't see race or financial status. I watched other people meet and I saw the same thing. What an incredible Happening to be part of.

The last 2 days my Wife and I spent in Sedona and I fell in love with it. As in Scottsdale and Gilbert, the people are amazing. My laser is focused on AZ to relocate. I have absolutely no hesitation.

Now....back in the Fastlane.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
1st day back in MI.

This past week was an amazing week for me. EVERYONE at the Meetup was amazing. I'm not going to name names because I will forget someone. I was happy to talk to each person. I wish I could have had conversation with everyone, but 100+ people is a lot.

I will be typing the pages and pages of notes I took. I learned something from every speaker.

Something I picked up on early was that there was no prejudice, no judging, no negativity. I looked every person in the eyes and they were happy to meet me as I was them. They didn't see race or financial status. I watched other people meet and I saw the same thing. What an incredible Happening to be part of.

The last 2 days my Wife and I spent in Sedona and I fell in love with it. As in Scottsdale and Gilbert, the people are amazing. My laser is focused on AZ to relocate. I have absolutely no hesitation.

Now....back in the Fastlane.
So happy we had a chance to meet face to face and to sit and talk for a while. So when you moving?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So happy we had a chance to meet face to face and to sit and talk for a while. So when you moving?
Moving? He should be buying a ton of Detroit real estate. Have you seen how cheap it is?

$50k will buy a whole city block!

;)

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm glad we chatted too. I look forward to more conversation with you and the Misses.

I'm working on a time frame now for moving. All I can say now is ASAP ! Just like with this trip, I will set a date and goal and hit it !

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Less than a week since the end of the weekend and things are moving at an accelerated pace. We have already implemented several things we've gleaned from the presentations or one on one chats. All of which should have a positive effect on revenues and profit.

Here's one that could be a game changer...

@Vigilante's presentation on licensing sparked an idea that I can't believe we didn't think about earlier. We are now in the very early stages of discussing a licensing deal with a very well known brand to bring a new line of ultra-premium products to market. The initial feedback from this brand is complimentary and encouraging. As Vig reminded me, there is about a 20% chance that this deal goes down however I now have a few other licensing ideas to pursue if it falls through.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Less than a week since the end of the weekend and things are moving at an accelerated pace. We have already implemented several things we've gleaned from the presentations or one on one chats. All of which should have a positive effect on revenues and profit.

Here's one that could be a game changer...

@Vigilante's presentation on licensing sparked an idea that I can't believe we didn't think about earlier. We are now in the very early stages of discussing a licensing deal with a very well known brand to bring a new line of ultra-premium products to market. The initial feedback from this brand is complimentary and encouraging. As Vig reminded me, there is about a 20% chance that this deal goes down however I now have a few other licensing ideas to pursue if it falls through.

Did the first pass of the discussions play out exactly how I said they would react? They always react the same way when you offer them money.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Did the first pass of the discussions play out exactly how I said they would react? They always react the same way when you offer them money.
Exactly how you said they would. You may actually know what you are talking about. :mooned:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Moving? He should be buying a ton of Detroit real estate. Have you seen how cheap it is?

$50k will buy a whole city block!

;)
I was in the real estate bus until 2009 when the company I worked for folded. It's complicated in the 'D'. You can literally buy a house for $500. Of course they don't tell you your taxes will be $4,000 / yr for owner occupied. Or that you have to have 24/7 security when renovating or when it's vacant...otherwise the house will be striped of all that is even remotely valuable.

The big money going into the City is in the core where all the businesses are opening and moving to. So many of the Downtown apartment buildings are renovating and upscaling, or turning into condos.

Then there's the fact that I've just had enough of Detroit.

But....there's money to be made for sure.

Enough side-track... back to the Good Stuff !

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
It was great finally meeting you (and you wife) in person, @Bigguns50. You were exactly as personable and friendly as you had been on Skype :) And please... do move down here soon! :)

@Bellini - we've chatted too, but you have got to come down next year (or before that if you too feel ready for the move) ;)

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
It was great finally meeting you (and you wife) in person, @Bigguns50. You were exactly as personable and friendly as you had been on Skype :) And please... do move down here soon! :)

@Bellini - we've chatted too, but you have got to come down next year (or before that if you too feel ready for the move) ;)
Thank you @Eskil. It was a pleasure meeting you as well. You are as smart as I thought you would be ;). Your presentation was packed with information.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Ugh...searched Facebook: Fastlane Summit, Fastlane Meetup, Fastlane. Do we have a FB for the attendees only yet ?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Should be 'Official Fastlane Summit Group (2016)"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Last edited by a moderator:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Now that I'm back and settled in...here are my thoughts on the Summit (at first, I wasn't sure how to put it into words).

I learned something for EVERY person I met. Not just the presenters, but EVERYONE. Thanks!

I am a different person now than I was before I arrived in Arizona.

Before: many questions, confusion, and uncertainty.
After: clarity.

A few Fastlaners mentioned that it felt like your family at the Summit. It's so true. It was as if I've known you guys/gals my whole life.

I didn't want to leave...

I'll buy my 2017 Fastlane Summit ticket today if can.;)

Thanks @MJ DeMarco @Red and everyone else involved with making this event happen.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Curse you @Kung Fu Steve. I set a scary goal for my company. Scary even for me.

[HASHTAG]#ThisIsOurTime[/HASHTAG]

A goal should scare you a little... and excite you a lot!

I'm in the same boat, my friend.

Big goals -- but nothing that someone hasn't done before us. In fact, people who were worse off than us, not as smart as us, and CERTAINLY not as good looking as us ;-)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
So I'm already back to the grind and working nights, but I thought that I would add some additional thoughts:

* I came out of this year's meetup feeling differently than last year.

Last year, I was all fired up with the burning desire to DO SOMETHING and The Wife and I had a BIG IDEA but little idea of how to achieve that goal in detail.

* THIS year, we came to the meetup knowing that there were certain things that HAD TO BE DONE (Paid traffic, AMZ optimization, poss affiliate marketing) but unsure of the direction to go first, and how to execute.

Well...it's safe to say that we learned the HOW of execution (or at least, what are the actionable next steps) and we've already started moving forward. I've got boxes of product just about ready to go to Amazon's FBA warehouse. The Wife is giving me good feedback about site improvements & brand development/refinement (I've been a solo show for months). We're hiring a graphic designer to re-do the site. Thanks to @JasonR for the awesome AMZ marketing hack discussions, and for convos with You Know Who about affiliate marketing.

in short, we're thinking BIG this year.

There's a BIG number that we're reaching for by 31 Dec.

A CRAZY Number. But @Kung Fu Steve ....I've got my hand out and I'm grabbing that GOAL with both hands. Thanks man.

==========================

Also want thank EVERYONE whom I talked to at the meetup. I never did have enough time and it was humbling to meet so many thoughtful, supportive, ACCOMPLISHED, and HUMBLE individuals. If there was a pill that allowed one to forgo sleep for three days so that I could continue to talk with everyone......

:woot:

*cough* Modafinil *cough*

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
** One other note: I thought that I knew what giving value meant before this weekend.

I was not even CLOSE. What I saw from everyone? AMAZING. Thanks everyone.

Big Improvement to be done this year. Thanks y'all.

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
After missing classes and exams coming up, I finally had time to edit the clips I took of the event and put them together. It is not the best edited video but hope you guys enjoy it.

Man oh man, I met so many great people! I was so nervous coming to the meet up not knowing anyone, but everybody was so open. I felt like I wouldn’t connect to many people because I am still a college student trying to figure out my path to the fastlane. In fact, EVERY conversation I had there was amazing advice and everyone was so positive. Even when I was just sitting around a group and listening to people talk, it provided so much value.

It was awesome meeting people with the same mentality, I rarely find people with the same mindset back home. It was incredible meeting a huge group of people with the same mindset all at once. The meetup showed me reality. Anyone can achieve freedom if they put the effort and provide value to others. It is significantly different going to the meet up and talking with people that post on the forum compared to reading the threads/post on the forum.

Thank you to all the speakers, each and every one of you provided so much value. The speakers helped me view things in a whole different perspective. From self development, productivity, approaches to add value, etc… Thank you @MJ DeMarco @Red @AllenCrawley for hosting the event! This event changed me forever. Priceless. Now it’s all about processing the information provided and taking action.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Callout: @Vidar!

We barely talked yet I know that you were at nearly every talk. What did YOU get out of the meetup?

(Nothing like a little pressure, eh? o_O )

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Although I was not able to attend this year, I was able to show up for the top golf event. It was nice to see my friends and was able to meet a few more.

Hopefully, I will have more time next year.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
What's happening, Fastlaners!

@MJ DeMarco and @Vigilante,

I saw those call outs you fellas left for me. Damn! It's getting hot in here!:)

Been slammed with arranging transportation logistics for one of my corporate clients. Looking forward to sharing thoughts about the Summit. Beautiful experience.:)

Also, I can't wait to share a "true story" about a huge favor that @Chadi did for me, a couple of days ago, that helped avert a potential disaster with a client. He accomplished it using one of the techniques he shared during his presentation. A huge thanks, Chadi!:)

Gotta go to my son's assembly. Catch you folks, later today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.