The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit, Official Event Thread

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
So... guys.... this happened today. :)

It's official!

(the pic ain't much to look at, but you attendees know what I'm talking about!)

This photo was taken from my front yard:

NatlForest.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Summit wrap up 2016

Ok, So now that I have fully recovered from yet another wild ride of a weekend, I can take a moment and reflect on another year of breakthroughs.

I always mention to people there, not to focus on business, but to make friends first. The reason i say that is because my friends have become family and family will make you unstoppable.

This year I learned more about myself, my environments, my patterns, and my growth than i could have ever imagined possible.

I could go on and on, but let me thank a handful of folks first;

Event

@MJ DeMarco - Thank you for watching my preso this year… i know it was difficult, but you made it and we are proud :) You have built an amazing community of people that will long outlast any expectation you’ve had. I remember having a conversation at some point and you alluded that you weren't that big a deal… and someone looked at the huge crowd on the patio and simply said rhetorically...“all these people aren’t here because of you?”

(p.s. Next year i’m going before you again and giving out a $100)

@Red - I know event coordination is not easy, but man you sure make it seem so. Every point of the summit this year was incredibly seamless. The hands free mic, the clicker… all that little stuff made a huge impact on how well the preso’s were presented. Great job, great preso, you are amazing!

@AllenCrawley - Not only are you an amazing father and dad, but damn you know how to MC! The intro’s were a great segway into the speakers this year, and you even left @vigilante’s out to make him sweat… true hero :) I love where your company is going, I actually show off your marketing photos often. Can’t wait to see what you do after your first Million this year.

Friends

@Karen - Thanks for grabbing me for wadihs demonstration, i never knew i was a pleasant F*cker, most people never add that extra bit in the front. I love what you and Tim are building, I can’t wait to see how it pans out with building your team in Berlin. (I dont know Tim’s forum name to tag him)

@Boom - My dude! I talked you up a ton this year, and you delivered hard. Thank god you didn’t F*ck it all up like 4 years ago ;) Your drive to grow and just get things done is inspiring, I am glad you are selling off the extra weight and zoning in on Savvy, I think you will continue to crush it there. I look forward to watching that progress and seeing your youngin’s grow to be as determined as their dad. I also think gumball machines would be a good investment now, I’ve always been interested in making tens of quarters a day :D

@jaykla (Jay K) - Jay it was great to see you again, and actually meet your brother and two little ones. I hope they had fun at the arcade with 2 machines in it. I don’t think I have ever been so far off in an intro to someone. That means we haven’t stayed connected enough to know what is going on, let’s change that! I want to hear more about the new practice you are running.

@Travis Phipps - Travis it was great seeing you again. I am glad you have been coming every year to let loose some of your knowledge. I hope you write that book i requested (LOL) you have atleast 2 buyers because Dave will buy it for sure if i actually think something is worth the money to pay for. In fact, Dave will buy both of ours… right @Vigilante? [I know you would have at least 20-30 buyers right off the bat, btw. I’ll help drum that up if you need me too]

[USER=8814]@AnneC[/USER] @ john @ kevin - I love seeing you guys all the time, every time i see you it is seriously like seeing distant family. I wish i had had more time to chat with you guys, but we will get together somewhere later this year. I owe it to you @Anne for telling me to step up last year. That drove me most of the year to have something to talk about this year.

@Eskil - I know we talk often but thank you for the advice on the plastic injection molding and letting everyone get a deep dive into your process. It is invaluable to me as well as many others to me able to see the side of things that you don’t get to normally. I have a ton of notes from your Preso i still have to re-review as well

@irishmickk - Mike you amaze me with what you’ve built, captivating an entire market in a country is no easy feat esp with your products. I will follow up with you here soon to see how i can help accelerate your process. I can see you being on the speaker list next year, without contest. Thanks for making the leap over the pond so we could all meet you!

@theferrariboy - I know we didn’t get much time to chat, but we will in april. See you at Wavedaze, start saving your change now, or plan to sell that car cause you are going to want a $40k 250 lb toy after that.

@EvanOkanagan - It was great seeing you again. Loved hearing the story about your events last year. Glad i got to expand on the last memory i had of you lifting people up at the bar for sport. You are going to crush it as Partner for your firm.

@Milkanic - Great seeing you again as always, we never get enough time to put our technical knowledge together but that might be a good thing! I hope you have your breakout year this year.

@Envision (roc) - I think you inspired a lot of people this year Roc. You are the only eprson I know that has literally 0 excuse not to me worth millions in a few short years. You know what you need to do, get to work and don’t stop. You’ve accomplished far more than most in such a short time, so go get the rest of it. I know you can do it!

@1step - As always it was good hanging out, I know we chat often. I didn’t get to thank you for getting my project last year jump started. You were a huge help in that and I owe you a ton of gratitude. Can wait to see how this year goes for you since you are going to 2x. (and yes, some of us extroverts need breaks too :p)

@Hong King Kong - [HASHTAG]#Wedemboyz[/HASHTAG] - You are getting ready to crush everyone with the end of your KS campaign, yet you still got time for us little guys doing weird dances at the multi-cultrual club. You are awesome dude, can’t wait to see what this year brings for you!

@OperationMyWay - Kyle it sucks we didn’t get much time together this year, we will catch up soon though, this is your year to jump in both feet forward. I am there as a resource if you need me, you know that!

@Kreedos Phoenix - It was great meeting you and your girl. She is hilarious but i still want to know what she meant by “ya’ll aint from around here!” :) You guys are hilarious!

@BaraQueenbee - I am surprised at your drive and your charisma. Thanks for keeping all our frineds and family caffineted, im sorry we didn’t get to chat more, i told you it’d be second best :)

@Morethan1 (alex) - Alex thanks for your offer for help on some of the plastic stuff i need to know, as soon as i start settling I will reach out to you. I never thought i could chat with someone as smart as you!

@Jamie T - I am glad you came and i’m glad i had the chance to meet you. But more than anything, thanks for bringing house coffee when we needed it most. It shows huge character thinking about everyone around you. I cant wait to learn more about your story!

@SK2kev - You and your partner are rock solid dudes, i told someone i regretted not having more time to talk with you guys. I feel like we could all hang out at a bar for hours on end. I hope to learn more about ya’lls business over the next year and provide help if i can.

@MacApple (jay) - I hope all those trays got picked up and you have a new direction now. You and your wife are awesome. I’m disappointed im not the best looking dude in the room anymore, some say that stopped a long time ago but i think it was just until this year :) You are set to do some great things this year dude!

@GIlman - We have still avoided spending some serious chat time together, I loved your preso this year. I took a ton of notes i still have yet to analyze, i hope to do that soon and implement your vast array of knowledge.

@exclusives88 (Mike) - It was great meeting you, the new watches look awesome. I’ll be ordering one sometime soon to add to my collection. Let me know when you get back in our area so we can meet up!

@MikeC - No amazing intros this year, but no wrecking house with terrible lines either. Keep being MikeC and I will keep anticipating what’s next.

@danoodle - I am glad to say there were no midgets or bronies this year. Your new baby is beautiful and I think it’s made you a better man. I am glad you’ve come and grown with us every year.

@Iwokeup - Pete, im so excited to see this new product line explode, i think you are primed and this weekend ignited your fire. You have my info if you need help, just hit green!

@Sauce - My chat with you was actually the most notable discussion i had all weekend. The fact that you were vulnerable and transparent to someone you didn't know says huge things about your character. I hope the feedback you didn’t ask for (lol) was beneficial. If you need to talk, msg me!

@Chitown - My dude, you are on a breakout this year. You are the most likable charismatic dude i know. After i chat with you I feel like i have a lot more i could be doing making others feel amazing, much the same way you do. Keep in touch this year, don’t F*ck that up! ;)

@K.Y. - You know you inspire me like crazy. One of the biggest take aways i had this weekend is how present you and byron were during Monday night dinner. crush it this year.

@saigon (byron) - As i said above, you taught me something about being ultra present when you are with people. I love that and i am working to improve. I think you are going to make big waves this year, and I am here if you need help along the way.

@csalvato - I am glad you had the opportunity open up to come. It was great to finally meet Serena and Mia. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. You are making me re-think never taking vacations too, I might have to change that this year!

Family

@throttleforward - dude, I can’t explain to you how impressed I am with you and your preso this year. I’ve watched you build this biz and seen the struggle. To finally get validation, get the fire lit and then on top throw out the job and everything… I am so enamoured with everything you are doing. Truly truly impressive Adam, I am glad i get to see it all first hand.

@Likwid24 - “I got thesee cheezbouygas” I am so glad you made it out this year. I am sure Boris has a great time massaging your legs while you were sick on Sunday too. I can’t wait to see the things you and Likwid accomplish. I’ll be there if you need me!

@biophase - I know we didn’t get a ton of time to chat this year in person but thanks for all the guidance you have given me. It’s always inspiring learning from KSB… i just wish KSB knew more about KSB so KSB could be taught.

@Vigilante - I am so glad you made it this year, i didn’t know you were such a big eminem fan, i thought you lost those CD’s along with your truck :p I think the fire you have in you is inspiring a lot of people including me right now. Thanks for taking my call early last year, you set me on a whole new path!

@TheTruth - Boris, I love you bro. Although i’m sliding on your moral compass, i truly appreciate you in my life. The story of you shedding everything has made me re-think a lot of things and how i operate. I hope we have more chances to actually get together this year outside of whatsapp

@JasonR - Words can’t express my gratitude for you this year. Not only do you care about the things that are core to me, but you were there when i needed you so many times in a short period. I wish i travelled as much as you do and we could have more weekends like that. I think you are going to double up in the next few months and crush it, you know i’ll be there to help where I can.

@GlobalWealth - Looking beyond my endless bouts of jokes to your demise, you showed me a level of friendship this year that most will never achieve. I really appreciate your drive and care for what happens in my life and how it affects everything. Even at times when i’ve been defensive, know I am still thinking about it days later and working on applying it. Thank you so much for caring. ( i almost choked writing that, but it certainly wasn’t because of you…. sigh)

@Kung Fu Steve - My main man. Not many people say they have a Personal development coach in their life, none the less on tap when needed most. The things that you taught me this weekend both personal and professional were monumental to me. It’s things that are already having change and will having lasting change for the rest of my life. Not just on me, but also everyone around me. Your story is truley amazing and I am really grateful to be apart of it.

I had conversations with a lot of you that i can’t quite put a forum name too. I was hoping to connect with more folks this year but getting sick on sunday crushed all of that. I think this years group was amazing and the entire event was life changing as it always is. I love all my new friends.

Parting note... If i See anyone posting that went to the meetup about "dabbling" in some shit.... i'll give my best effort to have you banned (lol) until you get your head back on right.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Omni

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 18, 2014

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
That is awesome! It must feel nice - Congrats!

Did the summit convince you to quit or was this something you thought about for a while?
It feels both very right and very scary, but after the meetup I knew that I'd always regret not capitalizing on the momentum and believing in myself. Will things work perfectly? Probably not, but for my sanity and my family's future I have to give this everything I've got.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Plus as @LightHouse and others have mentioned, those who meet in person at the meetups (especially more than one year) often form a very close bond. This shit we do is hard, and having a network of people who care about you is critical. I am closer to many people here than I am to my own siblings and even my parents, who barely understand what I'm doing. For me, it's really important not just for business, but emotional support.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Folks, I've launched a new service.

QuitCrates: For packing your cube when you no longer have any fuc$s to give!View attachment 11682 View attachment 11683
Dammit! I'm inspired and jealous at the same time! :wtf:

I'm happy for you. This will be a life changing moment you'll reflect on when you're old like me. :notworthy:

Time to find my new opportunity and make it happen for myself.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC

It's official!

(the pic ain't much to look at, but you attendees know what I'm talking about!)

This photo was taken from my front yard:

View attachment 11681
Very excited for you Danielle! That a beautiful view - going to look great from your sweeping floor-to-ceiling windows...looking forward to visiting :)

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
So @Red inspired me to move my a$$ to Scottsdale. As soon as we get our work visas, its going down! @LightHouse hit me up anytime for those plastic parts.

It was amazing meeting all of you! Hopefully next year I'll be presenting on how to build and sell a high end electronic consumer product :pompus:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

QuitCrates: For packing your cube when you no longer have any fuc$s to give!View attachment 11682 View attachment 11683
Bro, this couldn't have come at a more opportune moment in your life. Your perspective and HARD WORK over the last year (plus a little a$$ kicking from your friends;)) enabled you to be so "lucky."

Consistent daily action folks. My man here was READY when opportunity came knocking.

*fistbump*

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Ok guys, so after the meetup most people do two things.

Apply what they've learned, and GRIND in their business (or 'startup').

Or

They wait until next year's meetup, hoping to find the same sort of energy they did last year, chasing the white rabbit.

I've already started doubling down on my business.

Which one are you?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

ExCubeCommando

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 10, 2015
Evans, Colorado

QuitCrates: For packing your cube when you no longer have any fuc$s to give!

I don't know about crates, but when I looked at my cube the last day of work getting ready to walk out the door, you could have sold me some gasoline and a lighter!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Was rushing in my earlier post and did not mention these stealth warriors, who provided name tags/laminates, hopped up java and enough bouncer 'tude to keep the riff raff out of our Top Golf event.

Much love and much respect for what you contributed.

I've not been feeling well, today, will post my thoughts very soon.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new faces. The people, energy, and venue were all amazing this year.

The presentations were also all amazing - my main 'ahas' where I'm at right now:

@LightHouse and @biophase - As a professional dabbler, your talks really hit home. I've been 'testing' and dabbling in shit for too long and it's time to throw serious time, money, and value at things to make them happen.

@GIlman - Your approach to outsourcing really opened my eyes and it's always good to talk to a fellow nerd. Working on getting VAs and slack setup this week.

@Boom - I love your story, hustle, and attitude. Truly inspiring. I read your suggested book "Never Work Again" on the plane right home and it's tips on outsourcing and burnout are great.

@throttleforward - I love the idea of scaling a 'boring' business. Looking forward to helping you leverage technology to make this happen. Go kill it. We will have to do a fly-in/formation flight with @GIlman one of these years.

@MJ DeMarco - Thanks for making all this possible. As a very logical thinker, I love your value array analogy and ability to breakdown topics like this.

I'd encourage everyone who attended to sit down and journal, meditate, and create a vision board. Feel that energy and lock in that feeling so you can refer back to it when your energy fades and the roller coaster starts the drop.

I also think the universe is pulling me to Scottsdale....

ukcew5Y.jpg

LVVeHTt.jpg

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
It's official!
Woooot - You go, girl! :) Excited for you. (begin long a$$ hash tag) Dirt bike territory land grab. (end of long a$$ hash tag)

So @Red inspired me to move my a$$ to Scottsdale. As soon as we get our work visas, its going down!
Seriously man? That is great news. @Catalyst and I have been nagging you, @throttleforward, and @1step for a couple of years now, lol. (Come on guys.. you're next!) After every meetup, there are people moving in to town. After my first meetup, that's exactly what I did :)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
It was great meeting you again man. Here I was just posting about new Fastlaners moving in to town, and then you post this :)

For any of you contemplating or planning the move - I'm more than happy to answer any practical questions, etc. since I went through the same thing just 2 years ago. I'm looking at you, @Bigguns50 @Bellini @Vidar (yep you too, lol) @Morethan1 @throttleforward :)
Whether you're thinking about renting or buying, I have heard rumors about this really incredible realtor lady named @Red ;)

Also - moving to the area here doesn't mean you have to be in the city limits of Scottsdale. There are many other great areas that really just blend in from one to another, and where costs can be more favorable. Don't ignore areas such as Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Fountain Hills, or other parts of north-east, east, south-east Phoenix metro. It's mostly within 30 mins drive from one to the other. You will be surprised how affordable and great living can be here.

Check www.Numbeo.com (thanks @GlobalWealth) to compare your cost of living compared to where you are now, versus some of the towns I just mentioned.

We (the Fastlaners who already live here) will welcome you with open arms :)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Although I was not able to attend this year, I was able to show up for the top golf event. It was nice to see my friends and was able to meet a few more.

Hopefully, I will have more time next year.

Wish I had known. Would have liked to shake your hand.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Same here man.

For any of you contemplating or planning the move - I'm more than happy to answer any practical questions, etc. since I went through the same thing just 2 years ago.
Thanks @Eskil

As much as I like Florida/New York, Arizona has always been in the back of my mind for as long as I can remember. Growing up...I always said it was my favorite state and I wanted to live there. This was my second time in the state and I only have great things to say.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.