The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your secrets for maximum productivity?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello friends,
I've been an entrepreneur for 4 years, and I've been living off my projects, I can even afford to put money aside for two years now. I am speaking to you because I am hungry for more. I would like to make my dreams come true, one of which is the most dear to me: to buy a beautiful house for my parents near the sea in Brittany where they dream of taking their pensions.
I have other dreams, a beautiful house for me with equipment that I dream of: cinema room, weight training, shooting, skatepark etc.
What you should know is that I really want all of this, I've been visualizing it every morning for months. Only, like myself, I am blocked. I have Android and iOS apps that I sell, as a subscription, and I'm sure I can earn a lot more each month if I focus more on promoting these apps. I also have my new book being written, I love the idea and I really want the whole world to read it, it's a sci-fi book, but the same, I'm moving slowly . Besides that, I have other projects noted on my callepin, which are waiting for me. Is it worth building other projects if the ones I already have can help me achieve my dreams? I do not know.
Now, what I would like is to know your secrets, your essence, how do you manage to maintain your ardor and your desire for more over time? To be productive like never before and to avoid distractions for good?
Thanks for your help and have a nice day everyone, take care of yourself. Maxime

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
Now, what I would like is to know your secrets, your essence, how do you manage to maintain your ardor and your desire for more over time? To be productive like never before and to avoid distractions for good?

Difficult one, this.

Purpose is the #1 driver of long-term productivity.

Hunger is good in the short-term.

Discipline is what bridges the two.

And a good system is what holds the bridge together.

I'm not very good at keeping myself productive forever, but in my periods of hyperproductivity I always use a variation of @LightHouse 's GSD system GOLD! - Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

Good sleep, diet, and exercise fuel the period until something kicks me off the rails. I've extended the period through tactical environment resets (moving to a different city temporarily and having to rebuild my routine) but you constantly need to be vigilant and keep yourself engaged and following your plan.

@MJ DeMarco has this: MINDSET - NY Resolutions? No, try making a 1/5/10 Planasy which helps find and visualize your purpose and how to achieve it.

Accountability also helps keep you on track or pull you back when you're starting to drift off.

But what works differs from person to person, and even for the same person at different times in their life. So explore methods, see what works for you, and don't forget what you're aiming for.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Difficult one, this.

I'm not very good at keeping myself productive forever, but in my periods of hyperproductivity I always use a variation of @LightHouse 's GSD system GOLD! - Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

Good sleep, diet, and exercise fuel the period until something kicks me off the rails. I've extended the period through tactical environment resets (moving to a different city temporarily and having to rebuild my routine) but you constantly need to be vigilant and keep yourself engaged and following your plan.

@MJ DeMarco has this: MINDSET - NY Resolutions? No, try making a 1/5/10 Planasy which helps find and visualize your purpose and how to achieve it.

Accountability also helps keep you on track or pull you back when you're starting to drift off.

But what works differs from person to person, and even for the same person at different times in their life. So explore methods, see what works for you, and don't forget what you're aiming for.

This is a fantastic answer!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Max, to add on to what @Speed112 wrote above. You already have channels of income, i can't imagine you need more to focus on by doing other things. If you have already figured out the formula of one of the ventures, then the only thing left is to repeat it to success. If you are making income on the appstore, can you sell more subscriptions?

In terms of the in ability to focus, this is likely do to your comfort zone. Now that you are living off the income, you are at the glass ceiling. That ceiling doesnt break itself, You have to have a very compelling reason to breakthrough and do more hard work, when doing nothing different means you will still be comfortable.

Essentially you have to move the needle on what you NEED, and not just focus on what you want. If you need to have all those things you listed, you will find a way to get all of them. Right now they are just wants, and your brain needs to conserve energy and not go through any more pain now that your personal needs are met.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Difficult one, this.

Thank you very much for these links. I think that no one is infallible that's what makes us humans and not machines, I see that I'm not the only one to relax sometimes haha. What matters is never to give up permanently. I will explore in detail the links you sent me, and experience more in detail in the coming days. Thank you very much for your help ;).

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Max, to add on to what @Speed112 wrote above. You already have channels of income, i can't imagine you need more to focus on by doing other things. If you have already figured out the formula of one of the ventures, then the only thing left is to repeat it to success. If you are making income on the appstore, can you sell more subscriptions?

In terms of the in ability to focus, this is likely do to your comfort zone. Now that you are living off the income, you are at the glass ceiling. That ceiling doesnt break itself, You have to have a very compelling reason to breakthrough and do more hard work, when doing nothing different means you will still be comfortable.

Essentially you have to move the needle on what you NEED, and not just focus on what you want. If you need to have all those things you listed, you will find a way to get all of them. Right now they are just wants, and your brain needs to conserve energy and not go through any more pain now that your personal needs are met.
Yes, I can definitely sell more. And you understood everything where I was now ahah. In a comfort zone, and maybe whatever I want, I know deep down that I don't really need it deep down, so I don't go all out to get it.
Thank you very much for having referred me, I will still motivate myself more to sell more haha :) .

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I could stay high focus and productivity high for consecutive days until I get so tired that I need a one day's rest.

The problem is sometimes the lethargy gets so bad even the next 1-2 days I feel sore all over the body.

It is a weird feeling. It is like you are not sick. But you just cannot do anything serious, having acid built up in the muscle. It is like a post gym workout fatigue that is occurring mentally.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I could stay high focus and productivity high for consecutive days until I get so tired that I need a one day's rest.

The problem is sometimes the lethargy gets so bad even the next 1-2 days I feel sore all over the body.

It is a weird feeling. It is like you are not sick. But you just cannot do anything serious, having acid built up in the muscle. It is like a post gym workout fatigue that is occurring mentally.
I'm just like you, and suddenly it will go on for several days as if nothing had happened ^^

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I'm just like you, and suddenly it will go on for several days as if nothing had happened ^^
Ya I am actually looking for a solution. Since it goes away naturally, I am wondering how it could be mitigated.

It is hard to diagnose. Maybe better sleep, nutrition for better stamina. Sharpen the Axe before chopping the tree.

Maybe do more work in the day and less at night. In short go for optimization. work 7-8 hours for 7 days is aggregate better than work 10-12 hours for 5 days. But these are the "hidden math" you never know. Maybe it is time to experiment.

I for sure know it is definitely NOT a problem of will power, since it is literally the body giving signal to shut down, and if you try to push it with coffee the productivity decline and health decline is definitely not worth it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Having shared my problem, my strength is that I do not have the too big of an inertia problem of procrastination.

For me it works when I condition my environment to get into the working mode.

It is all about putting things in perspective. If you do work on bed you are likely to sleep.

If I shift to work in a Starbuck cafe there are other people hustling on their own projects, I do feel like working.

When I feel like I do not want to exercise, I open the my favorite youtube video "two weeks in hell". I suddenly feel lucky and fortunate to work out on Yoga Mat.

The trick that always work is normalizing "suffering" so that whatever mild discomfort now actually feels like nothing.

In developed countries we cat carbs to lose fat and inevitably have to deal with hunger. I think about right now there are hundred of millions of children today having their moms telling them to drink water to curb hunger because there is no food.

It is all about whom you compare with.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Ya I am actually looking for a solution. Since it goes away naturally, I am wondering how it could be mitigated.

It is hard to diagnose. Maybe better sleep, nutrition for better stamina. Sharpen the Axe before chopping the tree.

Maybe do more work in the day and less at night. In short go for optimization. work 7-8 hours for 7 days is aggregate better than work 10-12 hours for 5 days. But these are the "hidden math" you never know. Maybe it is time to experiment.

I for sure know it is definitely NOT a problem of will power, since it is literally the body giving signal to shut down, and if you try to push it with coffee the productivity decline and health decline is definitely not worth it.
Yes, I think experimentation is the key for all of us. And for the coffee I completely stopped for my part to improve my sleep too. Eating less makes more energy available to the brain too, but I don't think that's the problem. Experimentation must be the solution;)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

The main issue you may be experiencing is the sprint/crash, no different than kids do in college to study at times.

The key is #1 setting up the right platform. If you aren't consistently eating right, sleeping right, and moving enough during the day, you'll be in a deficit already. If those are fixed, you know you are in a zone that you can achieve +90% efficiency with the right methods.

So then if we look at work, we do not have the kind of brain power to focus that long each day. Our minds and bodies were developed over thousands and thousands of years for survival and using the least amount of energy to hunt and eat, it's only recently that we have these new problems to contend with and adapt to.

You will get better results maximizing your work time and breaking it out a bit, letting your mind rest (even intraday) and make sure you are also growing each day via biz dev and your personal growth. That will build the momentum that keeps motivation high and you won't cycle on and off constantly.

This is a very very succinct version of the explanation (as I see it, I am no end all, be all source) but hopefully it gives you some insight and sets your mind in the right direction of what to focus on and look for!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
The main issue you may be experiencing is the sprint/crash, no different than kids do in college to study at times.

The key is #1 setting up the right platform. If you aren't consistently eating right, sleeping right, and moving enough during the day, you'll be in a deficit already. If those are fixed, you know you are in a zone that you can achieve +90% efficiency with the right methods.

So then if we look at work, we do not have the kind of brain power to focus that long each day. Our minds and bodies were developed over thousands and thousands of years for survival and using the least amount of energy to hunt and eat, it's only recently that we have these new problems to contend with and adapt to.

You will get better results maximizing your work time and breaking it out a bit, letting your mind rest (even intraday) and make sure you are also growing each day via biz dev and your personal growth. That will build the momentum that keeps motivation high and you won't cycle on and off constantly.

This is a very very succinct version of the explanation (as I see it, I am no end all, be all source) but hopefully it gives you some insight and sets your mind in the right direction of what to focus on and look for!
Thank you very much for this additional clarification, it helps me a lot. ;)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
from a discussion i've had with some others the last few weeks....

once you achieve your goal, now what?

well, take some time to celebrate. enjoy some rewards. rest. prepare. do some things you normally wouldn't do to challenge yourself. then as you are active one day, you will find the next spark.

climbers need to climb.
once you've climbed the mountain. come down to base camp. clean up your gear. appreciate what you have done. then go to town and celebrate. actively do stuff you wouldn't normally do to find that new challenge. then think / prep / plan.
then go crush that next goal.

climbers climb.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Thank you ... for maximum productivity I set goals, and then reverse engineer. Details in the link above. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.
I will test this tomorrow morning :)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
from a discussion i've had with some others the last few weeks....

once you achieve your goal, now what?

well, take some time to celebrate. enjoy some rewards. rest. prepare. do some things you normally wouldn't do to challenge yourself. then as you are active one day, you will find the next spark.

climbers need to climb.
once you've climbed the mountain. come down to base camp. clean up your gear. appreciate what you have done. then go to town and celebrate. actively do stuff you wouldn't normally do to find that new challenge. then think / prep / plan.
then go crush that next goal.

climbers climb.
I think you are right. I'm going to give myself a good month, and then I would take a good big break, travel, that will do me the most good. I think there is no secret, sometimes you have to renew yourself to start moving forward. ;)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Every day, I work so much you wouldn’t believe. I put in about 24 hours of work in a day. Yes, you heard me correctly. And this year I plan to push that to 48 hours of work a day. I’ll be out there mowing 40 lawns every single day, AND handling customer service.

All while sleeping in until 9am, being in my underwear until 11, and spending my entire day doing things I like to do and enjoying hobbies.

My secret? I have other people doing the work in my name.

I am more productive than you without even trying.

Your customers don’t care who did the work, they just care about their problem being solved.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
one of best students graduated and is working at a high level company. she was all distraught that she 'wasn't doing enough' and was 'wasting the opportunity'.

no. she just busted her a$$ to finish school and achieve ALL that she had set out to do. she was actually lost because she is a goal oriented super achiever and had achieved her goal.

time to celebrate. go snowboarding, date some hot dudes, party, skydive, dance in public, speak to a large crowd, .... do stuff she normally wouldn't do. give herself credit for the mountain she climbed before finding the next peak to climb.

remove the guilt. you crushed it. celebrate. the RAISE your standards and start the next climb.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thank you ... for maximum productivity I set goals, and then reverse engineer. Details in the link above. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

Co-sign on this. MJ has a great method all laid out and materials you can buy (or possibly download for free) to roll it right out. No different than anything else, you have to try methods until you find the tool that you will use consistently. Bonus points if it's something that you then feel bad NOT doing!

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hello friends,
I've been an entrepreneur for 4 years, and I've been living off my projects, I can even afford to put money aside for two years now. I am speaking to you because I am hungry for more. I would like to make my dreams come true, one of which is the most dear to me: to buy a beautiful house for my parents near the sea in Brittany where they dream of taking their pensions.
I have other dreams, a beautiful house for me with equipment that I dream of: cinema room, weight training, shooting, skatepark etc.
What you should know is that I really want all of this, I've been visualizing it every morning for months. Only, like myself, I am blocked. I have Android and iOS apps that I sell, as a subscription, and I'm sure I can earn a lot more each month if I focus more on promoting these apps. I also have my new book being written, I love the idea and I really want the whole world to read it, it's a sci-fi book, but the same, I'm moving slowly . Besides that, I have other projects noted on my callepin, which are waiting for me. Is it worth building other projects if the ones I already have can help me achieve my dreams? I do not know.
Thanks for your help and have a nice day everyone, take care of yourself. Maxime
This usually happens when you're having a big vision, and you're stuck without knowing what to do next. It has happened to me many times. Have a big vision but live by it daily. Execute every single day.

Take daily action towards your goals.

I've been doing something that's called the power list which I got from Andy Frisella, who's a world class entrepreneur by the way.

It's a very powerful technique for maximum productivity(I've been using it for over 6 months now). You can check it out on his podcast. I think the episode was called Win The Day with Ben Newman. The Power List - Andy Frisella

The point is, if you can be super effective for 3-4 hours with no distractions whatsoever, those hours are gonna be better than most people's 8 or 10 hours.

And remember, just because you're doing more doesn't necessarily mean you're achieving more. Don't confuse activity with results. It's a common thing you see with these motivational gurus nowadays who are preaching hustle 24/7.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
This usually happens when you're having a big vision, and you're stuck without knowing what to do next. It has happened to me many times. Have a big vision but live by it daily. Execute every single day.

Take daily action towards your goals.

I've been doing something that's called the power list which I got from Andy Frisella, who's a world class entrepreneur by the way.

It's a very powerful technique for maximum productivity(I've been using it for over 6 months now). You can check it out on his podcast. I think the episode was called Win The Day with Ben Newman. The Power List - Andy Frisella

The point is, if you can be super effective for 3-4 hours with no distractions whatsoever, those hours are gonna be better than most people's 8 or 10 hours.

And remember, just because you're doing more doesn't necessarily mean you're achieving more. Don't confuse activity with results. It's a common thing you see with these motivational gurus nowadays who are preaching hustle 24/7.
It's true you're totally right. The best is to get to the point ... the 80/20 ;). I'll go check your link today. In any case, thank you for showing me that I am not alone and especially for giving me solutions, it's great and it helps me a lot :)

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello friends,

I'm not sure what else to say that hasnt been said in this thread, but to summarise:

1. Reverse engineer your goals, and plan for their execution.
2. Mold your workplace to promote focus and limit distraction.
3. Focus on less at a time, dont split your attention as much as possible.
4. Sleep well, eat well, exersice regularly.
5. Deligate some of your work, you dont need yo know and be able to do everything. Its OK to pay someone to do something for you.
6. Celibrate small wins and keep upping the limits of what you can do.
7. Figure out what other people want and repeatedly give it to them. You dont need to focus on multiple businesses to get what you want.

I think that about sums up the thread so far.

To these I would add:
There is no simple way to increase productivity.
It takes skill, patience, knowledge, experience, determination, reading books, being thankful for what you have, having a goal to work towards and more things I cant think of.

What has been said so far is no simple idea that can be implemented str8 away, it will take time so dont stress over it.

Start with your health and making your workplace suited for work, then work your way forward.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
It's true you're totally right. The best is to get to the point ... the 80/20 ;). I'll go check your link today. In any case, thank you for showing me that I am not alone and especially for giving me solutions, it's great and it helps me a lot :)
Yep. It happens because we're(or many of us on this forum who are overachievers) overwhelmed by what we have to do, or what's left to our destination. Sometimes it's a lot.

It's just like staring at the summit and being overwhelmed because you're not there yet since you're looking at it from the bottom . Or looking at the top of the ladder from ground one. A lot of people call this the "burnout". You stop focusing on the work or the process to get towards your result.

The key is to focus on one day at a time.

That's why many elite entrepreneurs, or ultra-successful individuals do a lot of long distance endurance sports, like running or walking. Not only is it challenging, but It's also because it subconsciously instills that "never give up" or "get it done regardless" mindset inside of you which separates them from the rest of the 99% of the average Joes that are out there who'd rather have a beer on a friday night and then they call you "lucky" once you get it. ;)

It's just like a muscle. The more you practice it the better you become. You do that for a couple months or years straight and guess what happens? You're unstoppable at this point.

You have that and you'll get everything in your life brother. Good luck!

Last edited:

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I'm not sure what else to say that hasnt been said in this thread, but to summarise:

1. Reverse engineer your goals, and plan for their execution.
2. Mold your workplace to promote focus and limit distraction.
3. Focus on less at a time, dont split your attention as much as possible.
4. Sleep well, eat well, exersice regularly.
5. Deligate some of your work, you dont need yo know and be able to do everything. Its OK to pay someone to do something for you.
6. Celibrate small wins and keep upping the limits of what you can do.
7. Figure out what other people want and repeatedly give it to them. You dont need to focus on multiple businesses to get what you want.

I think that about sums up the thread so far.

To these I would add:
There is no simple way to increase productivity.
It takes skill, patience, knowledge, experience, determination, reading books, being thankful for what you have, having a goal to work towards and more things I cant think of.

What has been said so far is no simple idea that can be implemented str8 away, it will take time so dont stress over it.

Start with your health and making your workplace suited for work, then work your way forward.
Thank you very much for this excellent summary, I am sure it will also be useful to many people here. Life is a lifelong struggle, the only way to fail for good is to give up definitively. I think we are all like roller coasters as a producer and creator, we have ups and downs, but what matters is not to derail ;).

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Yep. It happens because we're(or many of us on this forum who are overachievers) overwhelmed by what we have to do, or what's left to our destination. Sometimes it's a lot.

It's just like staring at the summit and being overwhelmed because you're not there yet or you're at the bottom. Or looking at the top of the ladder from ground one. A lot of people call this the "burnout". You stop focusing on the work or the process to get towards your result.

The key is to focus on one day at a time.

That's why many elite entrepreneurs, or ultra-successful individuals do a lot of long distance running or walking. Not only is it challenging, but It's also because it subconsciously instills that "never give up" or "get it done regardless" mindset inside of you which separates them from the rest of the 99% of the average Joes that are out there who'd rather have a beer on a friday night and then they call you "lucky". ;)

It's just like a muscle. The more you practice it the better you become. You do that for a couple months or years straights and guess what happens? You're unstoppable at this point.

You have that and you'll get everything in your life brother. Good luck!
What a wonderful message, thank you very much! It gives me a lot of strength. I wish you good luck too in what you undertake. And I wish you, but also each of you on this forum, a great success beyond your wildest expectations my friends. <3

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
The most important thing for me to stay productive is separating the environment where I work (co-working or coffee shops) and the one where I rest (home.)

If I don't do this, my productivity gradually decreases over time, and I get into a spiral of bad sleep (I can't turn off my brain when I work from home because it's harder to separate work mode from relaxing.)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
The most important thing for me to stay productive is separating the environment where I work (co-working or coffee shops) and the one where I rest (home.)

If I don't do this, my productivity gradually decreases over time, and I get into a spiral of bad sleep (I can't turn off my brain when I work from home because it's harder to separate work mode from relaxing.)
The same for me, but by having a room really dedicated to my work I managed to cross the threshold of work at home. It's true that it's not easy at first

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.