The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Release Your Brakes! - A Fastlaner's Guide to Optimal Energy, Focus and Health for Maximum $$$

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
@PureA This is PURE GOLD.

Thanks for taking the time to write this post. PureAwesome ;)

I resonate SO much with you and can't be more alligned. I admit I just agree 100%. I mean 100%.

I came to be a freaking nerd on diet and sleep and got to the very same conclussions, not even sure what to add. You made a perfect summary of the most important aspects.

In my case, the thing I am always kind of short is lifting at the gym.

I do exercise, I love sports, been a football player all my life and now I play tennis everyweek. Anyways, I know I should be lifting by this time (32 years old) but I can't get myself to do it.

My mental barriers are:

1. I work at home, value my time maybe a bit too much. Also, I got to hate commuting at my first and only 1 year job. So going to the gym feels like losing 30 minutes just commuting... + 1 hour lifting.

2. Because of my genetics, I have always been in good shape, and I only need little bit of sport and some cardio (at home?) to maintain it.

3. Becasuse number 2, I think I can get 80% of the lifting benefits (With the exception of getting hyper-strong) just by doing some 10minutes HIIT at home.

4. I tried it for 2-3 months some time ago and found lifting just plain boring (in comparison to playing football or tennis)

What's your take on this?

Inside me there is a voice that compells me to lift but I just don't.

How the hell can I take myself to lift?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
@PureA This is PURE GOLD.

Thanks for taking the time to write this post. PureAwesome ;)

I resonate SO much with you and can't be more alligned. I admit I just agree 100%. I mean 100%.

I came to be a freaking nerd on diet and sleep and got to the very same conclussions, not even sure what to add. You made a perfect summary of the most important aspects.

In my case, the thing I am always kind of short is lifting at the gym.

I do exercise, I love sports, been a football player all my life and now I play tennis everyweek. Anyways, I know I should be lifting by this time (32 years old) but I can't get myself to do it.

My mental barriers are:

1. I work at home, value my time maybe a bit too much. Also, I got to hate commuting at my first and only 1 year job. So going to the gym feels like losing 30 minutes just commuting... + 1 hour lifting.

2. Because of my genetics, I have always been in good shape, and I only need little bit of sport and some cardio (at home?) to maintain it.

3. Becasuse number 2, I think I can get 80% of the lifting benefits (With the exception of getting hyper-strong) just by doing some 10minutes HIIT at home.

4. I tried it for 2-3 months some time ago and found lifting just plain boring (in comparison to playing football or tennis)

What's your take on this?

Inside me there is a voice that compells me to lift but I just don't.

How the hell can I take myself to lift?
If you like sports it’s probably because of the competitive nature and peer pressure. I bet if you had a gym buddy it would be fun, and you’d push yourself a lot more. I feel the exact same as you.

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
If you like sports it’s probably because of the competitive nature and peer pressure. I bet if you had a gym buddy it would be fun, and you’d push yourself a lot more. I feel the exact same as you.
You nailed it, I am a crazy competitive haha and totally agree thst a gym buddy would help A LOT.

I still didn't put a lot of effort finding one... maybe because of the others mental barriers I mentioned before.

You said that you feel the same... did you manage to finally solve it?

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
You nailed it, I am a crazy competitive haha and totally agree thst a gym buddy would help A LOT.

I still didn't put a lot of effort finding one... maybe because of the others mental barriers I mentioned before.

You said that you feel the same... did you manage to finally solve it?
Nope! I need a gym buddy too, and frankly to join a gym haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Whenever I do heavy compounds like squats for example, I can’t even take my legs to the max because my core gives in first. My cores weak asf. Any tips on strengthening it?

Im just hitting a plank at the end of every sessions right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.