The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Is he related to Jennifer Lopez anyhow?
No.

I don't think show business runs in the genes anyway. Actors for marketing and regular entertainment do need some training to get things up to speed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Tai drops pure gold nuggets in almost every video. Especially in his live videos on YouTube. He’s more practical & tactical than Gary Vee.

Why people hate? That’s on them.

Hell, this video alone is worth millions and it’s free.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
What's everyone's opinion on Grant Cardone? Is he worth looking into?

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
What's everyone's opinion on Grant Cardone? Is he worth looking into?
I listen to him. He’s a straight shooter. No bs. Drops a lot of gems in real estate investment etc. He came from humble beginnings and holds tightly to his blue collar roots.

Goldstandard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Nov 19, 2017
America
Tai drops pure gold nuggets in almost every video. Especially in his live videos on YouTube. He’s more practical & tactical than Gary Vee.

Why people hate? That’s on them.

Hell, this video alone is worth millions and it’s free.

Ha. I love that Video. Thanks for posting.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
For being a "fake guru" as some would say, Tai is one of the most interesting people to listen to talk.

I'd take "fake" interesting over real boring any day.

When I was a kid in the 1980s Liberace was on tour coming to Philadelphia.

The local news was interviewing people asking if they are going to go to his concert.

Many laughed and said he's weird and ridiculous with the clothes and all.

I happened to be at my grandmother's house (who liked Liberace) and said "Grandma they're laughing at him".

And she said "Well he's laughing all the way to the bank".

So is Tai Lopez...

View: https://youtu.be/As4Pt1ABZuY

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eggbaloni

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 31, 2018
chicago
Honestly, what made him famous on social media was that ad that was legit on every youtube video. I highly recommend watching his videos and follow his advice, well most of it anyways. There was a hater who tried to debate against him in one of his videos abd he absolutely demolished him.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
For being a "fake guru" as some would say, Tai is one of the most interesting people to listen to talk.

I'd take "fake" interesting over real boring any day.

When I was a kid in the 1980s Liberace was on tour coming to Philadelphia.

The local news was interviewing people asking if they are going to go to his concert.

Many laughed and said he's weird and ridiculous with the clothes and all.

I happened to be at my grandmother's house (who liked Liberace) and said "Grandma they're laughing at him".

And she said "Well he's laughing all the way to the bank".

So is Tai Lopez...

View: https://youtu.be/As4Pt1ABZuY

yes

the guy is laughing on the way to the bank

---> i don't even understand why he responds to haters

it doesn't make sense since he's got 1,000,000 followers on youtube

when you are famous, you don't really care about haters

it doesn't make sense

it reminds me of a gary Brodsky ( RIP) quote in his " get a$$ kick a$$ " audio program,

a fantastic program that i keep listening to over and over :

"the wolf of wall street made a million dollars a day because he didn't care what people on the phone thought of him "

jordan.jpg

Jordan Belfort Tai Lopez and so on

these guys can't care less about what people think of them

hmmmm......

---> maybe there are great insights here to discover

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
One thing i can appreciate about this guy is that he promotes reading. He apparently has an enormous library. Can’t knock that. He has a few gems. He’s positive so it’s cool with me.
Totally agree! Especially when you compare him to other YouTubers that are even more famous than him. Some channels are pure IQ scarecrows and have fans by the Millions.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Tai Lopez is a top con man.

What do I mean by this. He is no different than a televangelist. Use psychology and deep subconscious biological desires to bring people to a state where they will do anything to satisfy that deep desire, then once they are there, you ask them for money.

Televangelist ask for a "faith offering" and say the lord will provide. Tai Lopez and all these gurus do the same exact thing they just frame it differently. At the end of the day they are satisfying the same desire, prosperity and security. It's a fundamental psychological need that all humans posses and long for.

It's what con men tap into. Then once they've tapped it, and once they've stirr up deep emotional connection, and have pushed all rational thought out of the conscious mind, they offer a solution.

Tai is 100% fake it until you make it. But he hasn't even made it in a business mastery since. He actually hasn't developed business mastery, he has mastered people. He hasn't mastered logistics, or engineering , or finance markets, or human resource management, or any type of business expertise that a corporation can employ (maybe copyright).

What he has done is master the craft of understanding people's desires and leading them. Instead of getting them to hand him money he could get them all to shave their heads, or wear green, or go barefoot, or eat cat food if he wanted to. But there isn't anything in it for him so he asks them for money. "I didn't have this Lamborghini until I stopped wearing shoes and began eating catfood. That's when it all began to change for me. Do you want to turn things around too? I share all my secrets in my free 7 step guide to barefoot meditation and catfood cleansing diet."

Last edited:

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
Alex Becker's YouTube channel and his book 10 Pillars Of Wealth are very good.

Not so ironically one of the big things he advocates is learn by doing not reading books and watching videos.

A lot of his views are similar to MJ's.

Since this thread is about Tai Lopez I figured some people might have an interest in this video.

View: https://youtu.be/5xhdhwHCtdk

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
"the wolf of wall street made a million dollars a day because he didn't care what people on the phone thought of him "

I would hold that he made a million a day (I think the movie said a week) because he didn't mind ripping people off, the best con men see themselves as so much smarter than their marks that the marks just owe them the money for the simple pleasure of having been scammed by the best.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Correction. He didn't have a problem ripping people off.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Correction. He didn't have a problem ripping people off.

jordan-jpg.19031

Here I found this, seems more relevant based on his body of work.

lol.png

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Alex Becker's YouTube channel and his book 10 Pillars Of Wealth are very good.

Not so ironically one of the big things he advocates is learn by doing not reading books and watching videos.

A lot of his views are similar to MJ's.

Since this thread is about Tai Lopez I figured some people might have an interest in this video.

View: https://youtu.be/5xhdhwHCtdk

From my experience, Alex Becker's integrity leaves a lot to be desired. From what I've seen, his products and content are pretty much all scams.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
From my experience, Alex Becker's integrity leaves a lot to be desired. From what I've seen, his products and content are pretty much all scams.
I've only watched a few videos from his YouTube channel.

This is only after I came across his audiobook a while back, The 10 Pillars of Wealth which I thought was pretty good.

If you've read Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted (which I have) there wouldn't be that much new to hear in his book.

But I thought a lot of the book was similar principles to MJ's books.

I would be shocked if Alex Becker had not read MJ's books.

Obviously these Internet marketing guys all operate in the same way.

I don't disagree.

They cater to the lowest common denominator.

Mostly beginners who are selfish, lazy, stupid and greedy.

Mostly young guys.

I think some might be on this forum..[emoji6]

I'm sure some people really do search for quality information that they would put to use, but they are the exceptions.

The little bit I do watch from these guys is just an OBSERVATION of what they DO and SAY but ignoring the specific advice they give.

Because let's be real, if the information were that valuable they wouldn't be giving it away to tons of people.

And if it ever WAS valuable it wouldn't be AFTER they gave it away.

There is no secret.

Most of the time it just lies in simply being BETTER at executing.

Simple NOT Easy.

That's what people that watch them need to understand.

Besides the CENTS commandments there are no maps, rules, formulas or cookie cutter instructions to follow.

It really is learn by doing through trial-and-error.

But of course nobody can monetize that because humans can't stand uncertainty and ambiguity.

The opportunity lies in seeing something others DON'T see.

Then ACTING on it to test your theory.

And of course being RIGHT.

What these guys promote is the opposite:

Do and Think what everyone else does.

Once again this violates the scarcity and abundance law.

But....

When you say scams, specifically what is the scam?

And which product or information are you talking about?

Thetaker24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 27, 2016
I just heard of him today. He is a real master psychologist and manipulator! i admit that. I can read him that he talks lot of BS and isnt rich either... But you still makes alot of money and takes action for it. respect that. as far i can see he isn't a a scammer, but a crap seller. He is just smart to find a hole in the market and fullfill it with his own.

Fyniaina

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 29, 2018
Madagascar
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

Reading can help you get your work done better. Because you quite knowledge that you didn't know before reading.
People knock Tai down but you got to admit, how does a guy make money and you don't even know how he's doing it? I mean the fact that you asked this very question on here helps this guy make more money right now. His money is being made and he doesn't even need to be there.
He has a program called the 67 steps and people pay for that program. How did he get to think about those steps you ask? And why haven't people figures then out that they need him to point them out? Because of all those books he reads.

There's no smoke without fire and Tai is not a millionaire because he doesn't deserve to be. That's just what lazy people wish it was. That it was luck that he is rich but it's sinply not the case.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
IMHO you need to be very very careful who you take advice from. Garbage in -> Garbage out. Con-man approaches in -> Con-man approaches out.

In that video you posted, @Brad S, for example, Alex Becker is suggesting that we study Tai and try to learn from him, and if not, you're a "bad entrepreneur".

Yeah, OK. I know people running 7 and 8 figure businesses who avoid people like Tai because his integrity sucks. Like I said, Garbage In is garbage out. It doesn't surprise me that Becker says to study someone like Tai. He is just as unscrupulous.

In business and in life, I subscribe to the belief that how you do anything is how you do everything. The way these guys do business is not for me. I'd rather not learn from it.

But....

When you say scams, specifically what is the scam?

And which product or information are you talking about?

Becker has had many get-rich-quick products in the SEO space for the past 6-7 years. Can you name any? Of course not, because they were all terrible and he sold them using his bullshit BRO-marketing tactics.

This ranges from online courses costing $1k-$5, to SEO Wordpress plugins, etc.

I used to follow Becker when I was getting into IM and didn't know better. Even followed some of his tactical advice. Some of it worked (until it didn't).

But the end result is that he doesn't really care about you or what he's doing. All he cares about is the big green $$$$. And when you're the kind of person following that advice, that's what you become as well. What goes in is what comes out again.

Garbage in -> Garbage out

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
There's no smoke without fire and Tai is not a millionaire because he doesn't deserve to be. That's just what lazy people wish it was. That it was luck that he is rich but it's sinply not the case.

Dear me, there are tons of people who are millionaires throughout history who don't deserve to be...

Charles Ponzi
Bernard Madoff
David Hampton
Jim Norman

Or you can just go here: List of con artists - Wikipedia

But I wouldn't actually encourage you to look up and research con men. Go look up some real great entrepreneurs and thinkers instead...

Musk, Einstein, Branson, Ford, Tesla, Phil Knight...focus your attention there, instead of con artists like Tai Lopez.

Last edited:

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
his rabid fan base defends Tai! We can all learn from Tai, a fake guru who is a master at marketing.

Fanatic hounds defending their thought leader and dogma. The same as in politics and religion.

Yes, Tai Lopez is a master manipulator. Just like L. Ron Hubbard of the Scientology Church.

LAW 27
PLAY ON PEOPLE'S NEED TO BELIEVE TO CREATE A CULTLIKE FOLLOWING

"People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking. Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power."
-Robert Greene​

l-ron-hubbard-birthday-event-2018_stage-hall-pano_10C0435.jpg

Pseudo-science is unbeatable. A long tradition since the charlatans of the eighteenth century capturing suckers minds and hearts.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hahaha I just saw this on reddit and thought you guys would like it.

Hey @SteveO Do you know the answer? ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_nZN_15jBo

So I watched this short clip and it made him look bad, and then I watched the whole 30 minute video thinking that he'd stumble through the whole thing. But the 30 minute video wasn't that bad.

I read some comments before I watched the video and it was full of Tai supporters blasting the kid. But in the end I agreed with them. He asked very poor questions and just couldn't hang with him in terms of business maturity.

So here's what I was thinking. Any real estate investor should know what a cap rate is. But then I thought, did he start out doing SFH or multi-unit deals? Or maybe he went straight into larger deals. He is definitely very vague. If you aren't doing the details or actual work and just putting together deals, you may never calculate cap rate.

In the end I think the other dude is a little flawed. He said that he wouldn't want Tai on his board because he didn't think Tai could help his company, after Tai pointed out that his company had 200k instagram followers and only 300 likes. This tells me that this other dude is not interested in learning or growing his company, he just wants to be right.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hahaha I just saw this on reddit and thought you guys would like it.

Hey @SteveO Do you know the answer? ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_nZN_15jBo
Cap rate… SteveO definition. The biggest "faked" number in the real estate world.

The formula is simple. The pieces that go into it are not. The whole thing is based on Net Operating Income (NOI). This number can be manipulated with small changes that completely throw the end number out of whack. It does have some usefulness. It is so misused in the commercial real estate world with many numbers tossed around with no real review of the data. Thus, I almost toss it out the window.

The original premise here is that not knowing the cap rate formula means that you should not be training a real estate class. I agree completely. If you are evaluating, you will use cap rate... Just not with other people's numbers.

So it is not only important to understand, it is important to know when NOT to apply it.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
So I watched this short clip and it made him look bad, and then I watched the whole 30 minute video thinking that he'd stumble through the whole thing. But the 30 minute video wasn't that bad.

I read some comments before I watched the video and it was full of Tai supporters blasting the kid. But in the end I agreed with them. He asked very poor questions and just couldn't hang with him in terms of business maturity.

So here's what I was thinking. Any real estate investor should know what a cap rate is. But then I thought, did he start out doing SFH or multi-unit deals? Or maybe he went straight into larger deals. He is definitely very vague. If you aren't doing the details or actual work and just putting together deals, you may never calculate cap rate.

In the end I think the other dude is a little flawed. He said that he wouldn't want Tai on his board because he didn't think Tai could help his company, after Tai pointed out that his company had 200k instagram followers and only 300 likes. This tells me that this other dude is not interested in learning or growing his company, he just wants to be right.

Regardless if you like Tai Lopez or not, I would kill to have him promote my business online or get a shout out. Tai IS a master of marketing. We can't stop talking about him, which is indirectly putting money into his bank account. The attention economy is very real and we can all learn from him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.