The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your personality? Find it out with a quick test!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You are eternally damned to working for a morally corrupt company that aims to exploit the weak and generally degrade conditions for all of society.
INFJ – You are eternally damned to working for a morally corrupt company that aims to exploit the weak and generally degrade conditions for all of society.

This I have to agree with...as an entrepreneur I have to keep telling myself to to close my eyes and pretend the world is a blissful place. And then the darkside of the infj well this link will explain. Although I can't relate to all of them, I would say I've hit the Cobra Mode twice in my life when someone backed me into a corner. I suppose we all have a dark side. I just have to remember to listen to Yoda and be the jedi knight of light. :)
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7016

yodavshulk.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The most interesting test I took was Perry Marshall's marketing DNA one: www.marketingdnatest.com

It summed me up, and made me realise I'd spent most of my working life doing the complete opposite of what suits my personality and strengths.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
wow... i think ive gotten INTP years ago... then in more recent years ive gotten ENTJ....
but with this test i just got:
Your personality type is:
Entrepreneur (ESTP-A)
PERFECT! lol... it's like we have to power to change our personality to better fit our life goals...

I think maybe my choices are strongly influenced by the kind of person i really want to be. It says ESTP are totally the center of attention at parties but I currently avoid parties and other time wasting stuff to focus on the fastlane, but MAN OH MAN WHEN I FINALLY MAKE IT SHIT IS GONNA GET REAL!!!! PARTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Last edited:

Posiedon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 13, 2015
Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I've taken it twice now, both times it has said I'm an INTP.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Take this test first thing in the morning. Set a reminder, take this test two weeks later later at night. I guarantee the results will be different.

I took it last week at around midnight and got INTP. I took it again this morning and got ENFP.

I don't feel that either of those is accurate. Plus, these tests tend to be more of an excuse for people. "Oh I can't do x, y, or z because I'm a ____ personality type". It's like complaining because you're a Capricorn. I'm for sure more of an introvert than an extrovert, but have embraced both if need be. One of them is more of a struggle than the other, but again, it's not something you can let stop you.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Italiota

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 29, 2014
I'm an ENTJ-A. Should I worry?

In the meanwhile I do the other tests...

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
You guys know this stuff is a crock, right? Invented by a couple of housewives with no training in psychology. Shame is, many companies use this hooey to decide who gets hired or promoted.

Cheers,
O-2

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
ENTP

"Love creative big thinking, abhor mundane administrative work."

Can't say I disagree

Arty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I got ENFP on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and when I tried the free ones linked above, I consistently got ENFP too, and I can't say I disagree with the description at all, although INFP matches me as well.
I definitely blur the line between introversion and extroversion.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You may be surprised. I'm willing to bet half of the people on this forum or introverted. ;)
Yes, I've been in the INFJ groups. lol I don't fit in with them, I'm to Fastlane. Pushing out of the box. lol

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
MBTI is not simply a personality test.

It's a test of the dominance of preferences of an individual at a given point in time. The results fluctuate because individual preferences fluctuate depending on when the test is taken and where the individual is in life. They also fluctuate because MBTI is not a fluid system. It's static, meaning it doesn't account for variations in personality.

The system is useful, if you know how to use it, if you spend time developing yourself, and if you have all the parts. But before MBTI starts to create the full picture you need more puzzle pieces.

For instance - each preference E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P has multiple levels of development.

E/I = Social Interaction & Energy Preference
S/N = Information Processing Preferences
T/F = Decision Making Preferences
J/P = Life Structure Preferences

For simplicity of discussion let's categorize all lower levels into a single level Autopilot, and all higher levels as Awareness.

Awareness vs. Autopilot.png

Autopilot - In autopilot the ego controls all actions and decision making, and it does so by giving in to the individual preferences of the personality. So you are somewhat like a zombie - just doing what the mind tells you to do. This is something we all relate to when comparing the Fastlane Mindset to the Slowlane Mindset.

Autopilot is the equivalent of operating from a Slowlane mindset.

In autopilot you're not in control and you're not aware that you're not in control. You just do things, and the things you do are based on your core dominant preferences. Those traits are developed usually by the time you turn 5 and are responses/defenses to environmental stimuli such as parental interaction or lack thereof.

Awareness - All people operate in a state of autopilot until they become aware of the possibilities of growth. In relation to MBTI we're talking about gaining awareness of our core dominant preferences. When we become aware of how we normally act and our normal dominant preferences, then we can start to realize our "weak spots" as someone called it earlier. Then we can choose to apply Willpower and effort to realize that we are not the same as our personality and that the personality's traits don't dictate our lives. This is the beginning of Awareness.

Awareness is the equivalent of operating from a Fastlane mindset.

When we become aware that we are not our personality, but are something separate from it, we can detach (AKA dissociate and/or deidentify). Now we create space between our self and the personality and now we can make conscious choices about the actions we want to take. Now the personality isn't in control because we choose to take control.

From a state of Awareness we can choose to work on the areas we suck at, and as we do this we also gain more and more awareness. The more we build the skills we lack, the closer we move toward total integration. As we do this we gain new abilities to tap into the powers of other preferences that we previously didn't have access to. As we do this our mindset begins to change.

This shift is something long-term forum members have experienced repeatedly in new members who stick around and grow over time.

Something to note: States of autopilot & awareness are not static. They can change over time and they can also fluctuate rapidly. A person in autopilot can gain momentary awareness (an Aha moment) but if they fail to apply Willpower & effort, then they'll return to autopilot shortly. This is something we see everyday on this forum. A new member shows up, shouts to the world about their new-found awareness, thanks @MJ DeMarco, then disappears into oblivion.

On the other hand we can also drop from states of long-term awareness instantly into unhealthy levels of autopilot. This typically happens during times of extreme tragedy and duress. Just imagine the dark places you'd go if someone kidnapped a loved one. How would you feel instantly when you found out?

(Or imagine how you feel anytime you have to unnecessarily deal with AT&T! )

Much like moving from autopilot to awareness, our momentary state of autopilot from awareness may be temporary, or long-term. It just depends on how willing we are to reapply Willpower and effort to return to our highly effective/objective/detached state.

This is one of the biggest reasons MBTI results vary depending on when the test is taken. Based on the state you're operating from, your responses to the questions may vary since you may have become more effective in weaker preferences since the last time you took the test. Or perhaps you've simply dropped from a level of awareness back into autopilot and therefore are operating from automatic behavioral patterns.

To get the most out of MBTI

Like I said earlier, MBTI isn't fluid and doesn't really account for fluctuations up or down in levels of health. That means it's not so useful for understanding your complete personality. However, it is useful for understanding your current preferences and bringing your mind to temporary states of awareness.

MBTI affords an opportunity to recognize the preferences we're operating from in the present moment. If we're already highly self-aware, then we probably know whether or not we need to work on the other preferences. If we're less aware, it at least gives us the chance to use our temporary awareness to take action and grow that awareness into something more. Those who do this, often have what it takes to achieve success.

There's a lot more to MBTI and the whole puzzle than what's written here, and if anyone's interested I might share some of it in a separate post soon. The point is - MBTI can be useful and does have practical applications, and it's not so black and white as the claims people make about it offering broad statements that apply to everyone. However, it's not complete - not by itself, and it does lend itself to confusion for the uninitiated.

Anyway, the real power of MBTI exists in how you make it useful for you...

If you find it useful, use it. If not, don't.

And just in case you wonder - I find personality typing incredibly useful. But that's for a later post as well.

P.S.
Interesting that many of the people here who are doing the test are Introvert variants. You'd think the Fastlane philosophy would appeal mostly to extroverts.

I know why, but it's a bit more complicated than the extent of this post. I promise to revisit it later. :)

Attachments

• Awareness vs. Autopilot.png
    Awareness vs. Autopilot.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I took it last week at around midnight and got INTP. I took it again this morning and got ENFP.

I don't feel that either of those is accurate. Plus, these tests tend to be more of an excuse for people. "Oh I can't do x, y, or z because I'm a ____ personality type". It's like complaining because you're a Capricorn. I'm for sure more of an introvert than an extrovert, but have embraced both if need be. One of them is more of a struggle than the other, but again, it's not something you can let stop you.

Ambiverts for the win!

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
I've done this test long ago and now as well.

And I'm still an ISTP.

I'm a great fan of psychology, behavioral sciences and all. Found these very useful when dealing with people. Especially as I'm an introvert according to the test :)

It helps to get to know and deal with your partners and clients as well in terms of understanding their motives and objections.

Very useful

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Traveling Morgue

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2014
Indiana
You guys know this stuff is a crock, right? Invented by a couple of housewives with no training in psychology. Shame is, many companies use this hooey to decide who gets hired or promoted.

Cheers,
O-2

Doesn't matter who invented it - it's been independently validated many times over.

But yeah, the corp. I work for really loves extroverts... and the introverts are left to rot in a cubicle as the "technical talent". I should be happy that I got a $70k/year job out of college... but I look at these 40 year olds I share a lab space with and really abhor the idea that I may end up like them someday... after all, they started out just like I did. And now there is a big push within the company to develop more of this "technical talent" since they've been too biased towards "drivers" over the last couple of decades. Makes me sick.

I'm an INTP myself...

You're so right! Such a limiting belief.... I always doubt my ability to create my own fastlane venture because "only fast-thinking extroverts can do that"... what a load of garbage.

But I think there's more truth to it than that. People can be composed of many different personality types, with different traits having different dominance based on many factors, like mood and social setting.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I got INTJ too. We should get married right here since there only are 2% and 0.8% INTJ-s in the world :D

I am an INTJ too.

We are the second rarest type of the MBTI .

" Strategists , Masterminds, villains , virgins, innovators " according to this forum: http://intjforum.com/

I don't think people of the same type should live together because the universe is based on the hermetic principles of balance and rythmes, like yin-yang.

So the exact opposite of INTJ wich is ESFP should be a good match for us because we need more feeling and sensing in our life, the tools of concrete life in the now. We live in the future ( intuition and thinking) but we need to live in the now as well.

Life is short...

By the way, Bill Gates is considered to be an INTJ model.

Last edited:

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
unreal how creepy accurate the description is

where are all my fellow adrenaline junky istp folks at

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I am an INTJ too.

We are the second rarest type of the MBTI .

" Strategists , Masterminds, villains , virgins, innovators " according to this forum: http://intjforum.com/

I don't think people of the same type should live together because the universe is based on the hermetic principles of balance and rythmes, like yin-yang.

So the exact opposite of INTJ wich is ESFP should be a good match for us because we need more feeling and sensing in our life, the tools of concrete life in the now. We live in the future ( intuition and thinking) but we need to live in the now as well.

Life is short...

By the way, Bill Gates is considered to be an INTJ model.

Also an INTJ.

It'd be interesting if there was data correlating partner personality types and marriage success rates. Until then, assuming someone would be a good fit because they're an ESFP seems like an arbitrary conclusion. I like people like myself, so would guess that I'd prefer someone with a closer personality. But in practice, I think we should evaluate everyone on a case by case basis.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Also an INTJ.

It'd be interesting if there was data correlating partner personality types and marriage success rates. Until then, assuming someone would be a good fit because they're an ESFP seems like an arbitrary conclusion. I like people like myself, so would guess that I'd prefer someone with a closer personality. But in practice, I think we should evaluate everyone on a case by case basis.

Rationals people are very rare indeed , so to find this kind of good fit may be a real challenge for INTJ's.

And by the way, i don't want another mastermind at home.

To quote Dan Ariely , we think we are rationals but we are not. We are Predictably Irrationals.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061353248/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

The first thing i learned in marketing is this : " people are emotionals creatures, don't talk to them with logic. "

So i stopped trying to make sense of "people 's logic" and i try to adapt my thinking to human psychology.

Last edited:

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
INTP

Quite accurate

Please SEARCH before posting.