The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Just curious to hear people's experiences.

For me, my foam roller was a great value. It cost around $20 bucks but helps relieve my back and neck of stress and pain. On bad days, rolling on this thing becomes the best $20 bucks I ever spent!

717E9lDfEaL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

What is the best $X you ever spent?

There is no limit ... if you spent $80K on a Corvette and felt is was the best value ever, then that's OK!

Let's hear it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
rack.jpg

Besides buying TMF and Unscripted ? (seriously)

This ^^^

And the necessary Olympic weights and bench to go with it.

About $2,000 all said and done, and by far some of the best money I've ever spent.

Saves gym membership fee's, save HUGE amounts of time since it's in my garage, and keeps me healthy.

And I don't have to deal with the "New Year's Resolution" gym goers every January (that alone is worth way more than what I spent haha)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If I were to choose only one thing, I'd say the Fastlane INSIDERS membership (don't remember how much it cost a few years ago, probably about $70) - made me start my own progress thread which helped me immensely in reaching my financial goals.

If I can add more, then from non-business stuff:
  • vasectomy for $500. Aside from the INSIDERS, can't beat the ROI on that - in peace of mind and immense financial costs I'd never have.
  • my rock climbing gear for a few hundred bucks for everything - love this sport.
  • a foam roller for a few bucks - it's incredible how effective it is in helping relieve pain, yet it costs so little.
That's all that comes to my mind at the moment so I guess these are the most important "best value" purchases.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I own one as well.

If you want to lift, this is literally 100% of everything you'll need for a long, long time. It pays for itself (compared to even a cheap gym) in less than a year.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a few.

1. Paradigm Studio 60 speakers:

upload_2017-12-6_13-14-45.png

If you have room for just one pair (2 speakers), you can simply not go wrong here. Paradigm is one of the kings of audio and these speakers are phenomenal. I'd choose a pair of these over literally any half-assed, shoehorned-in surround sound setup (and don't even get me started with Bose...).

I bought this pair when I lived in an apartment when I first moved out over 10 years back and they are still booming in my movie theater downstairs. I STILL to this day don't own a subwoofer because these two speakers by themselves can rattle the entire house.

2. Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones:

413Yea41ZBL.jpg

More audio, I know, what can I say? I love this stuff.

These are probably one of the most popular pro-quality headphones on the market and they have been for years. If I had one purchase I wish I used more often than I do it would be these. They are passively sound isolating (meaning they don't actively interfere with the audio to provide noise cancelling, instead they are just built that way) and even the quietest classical music will drown out just about any noisy environment. Super comfy, sound amazing. Have held up beautifully for years.

3. Weber Summit 620 Natural Gas Grill

upload_2017-12-6_13-24-31.png

First thing I purchased when I moved into my house about 10 years back. The thing is still holding up with zero rust on the stainless parts of it (the lower body isn't stainless so there's some rust there but it's still minor and frankly impressive given it's age).

If you do any outdoor hosting, a huge grill helps. Natural gas means never changing out a tank again.

6 burners, tons of heat, cooks amazingly, and the extremely heavy and well made grill grates still look like new.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-6_13-20-33.png
    upload_2017-12-6_13-20-33.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 54

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'd say for me it's probably business meet up / networking events, but not for the reason you're probably thinking.

First event:

My first Fastlane summit (2013 or 2014 I think?). I met a ton of new people, some of which have become my closest friends, and we are all business owners. Very cheap compared to the value I got (MJ, raise the ticket prices!!)

DCBKK in 2015: After I took off living around the world, I heard some rumblings about DCBKK. It's a decent sized event in Bangkok with 250+ people, and I met some really cool entrepreneurs doing cool things. I also now have a network of people around the world, so when I fly into a new country / continent I'll likely know someone there. I've been to this event 3 times and spent, probably, $5k-6k total (including the $750 ticket price).

Honestly, this year's Fastlane Summit I'm just going to hang out with friends and meet new people. I'm sure the speakers will be excellent, but for me it's a great way to see some of my favorite people in one place.

I'm also going to Traffic and Conversion Summit in San Diego after the Fastlane Summit, I expect to meet new entrepreneurs. This event is the biggest one I've been to yet (1000 people). I respect the hell out of Ryan Deiss and crew, but I'm not a koolaid drinker.

So if you take anything from this one post, SPEND THE MONEY to attend business events.

Relationships with GREAT people are a key part to happiness and fulfillment, over money for sure.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
#1: Old fashioned Merkur safety razor made in Solingen, Germany. Bought it 10 years ago and still looks like the day I took it out of the box and gives a good shave with simple razor blades that are wayyyy cheaper than expensive cartridges from the store. The original "dollar shave club" lol

#2: WeatherTech floor mats for my car. I don't know about you guys, but winter is here and soon the filth and muck that comes with it will be upon us. Last Christmas, I went to the WeatherTech factory store and dropped a few bills on a set of deep mats. I happen to live about 10 minutes away from the factory so I got to see their operation in the flesh--Wow! The place was swarming with customers like a fire-ant hill to get their mitts on some high quality floor mats, lol! While you wait for them to pick your order, you can have a free LavAzza cappucino or mocha made by a team of nice ladies and sink into a soft leather couch. Now in the second winter of use, they clean up with a hose and a little soap and look like brand new and keep the filth out of your car.

#3: TMF and Unscripted . Not to sound like a broken record, but for the price I got what feels like a college education in wealth building. It has been a hell of a year filled with trial and error but I am feeling so excited for what 2018 holds in store on my journey.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
#1: Old fashioned Merkur safety razor made in Solingen, Germany. Bought it 10 years ago and still looks like the day I took it out of the box and gives a good shave with simple razor blades that are wayyyy cheaper than expensive cartridges from the store. The original "dollar shave club" lol

That's what I use too. Best shave ever, and dirt cheap. I laugh a bit when I see Gillette blades are like $12 a piece...

Shave all year for the price of a Gillette 3-pack refill (or less).

That's value!

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
$12 phone earbuds with built in "subwoofer/bass" from an obscure brand on Amazon. Probably private labeling from one of you cheeky bastards.

- Literally closed more sales due to the increased comprehension
- More audiobooks/podcasts consumed while exercising
- Working while talking to clients with both hands free

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
whatever it cost for both fastlane and unscripted physical copy books and audio books LOL oh and INSIDERS subscription (ten fold)

also the only other thing I can think of is my Dodge Ram 3500 diesel dually because the times i got laid off, was able to make money by using it.

racyred09

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Nov 28, 2017
USA
I will probably come back with more, but the first thing that came to mind was this:

1840cd10-123b-45ca-bb94-fd1716086251_1.8343677a5fcb2774840295ccbb46fe71.jpeg

Best $16.99 I ever spent! I use this a few times a week to mince garlic, dice onions, anything you want to chop in a hurry. And it takes about 15 seconds to clean. Kudos to whoever invented it for speeding up the cooking process substantially!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ankle support wrap. I twist my right ankle like once every 3 months and can barely walk, but this thing gives it a lot of support so I can be mobile without the pain. Cost like $5.00.

I'm wearing it right now after a jump rope catastrophe yesterday.

58da59cb-cdba-4aa5-b70c-a5ceb570cc96_1.9f2522b8e144c7b81fa69e6eff462f00.jpeg

This image is by a foot model and is not the real SinisterLex

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
This frickin' phone case. Sturdiest, strongest case ever. 11.99. Nothing comes even close. Beats OtterBox by a mile.

To me, it's such a valuable product because I'm a "dropper." Yes, I drop my iPhone daily, sometimes twice (sometimes twice in a row when picking it up after the first drop!). Thanks to this case, being a "dropper" doesn't cost me 100s of dollars.

Attachments

• 61ufHfXtwuL._SL1000_.jpg
    61ufHfXtwuL._SL1000_.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 89

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I think in total I paid like $39.99 for this:

fHycLhq.png

It's a steam link. It connects any PC in my house to my TV where I can browse the internet, watch anything, play any games and in general just see and use my desktop as if i were in that room. Hands down the best piece of hardware I've ever purchased.

The best software I've ever purchased is "SendOwl", which is one of the most useful products I've ever found for my business. It helps me manage software license keys, publish new products, engage customers with transnational emails and a shit ton more for $24.99 a month.

The most life transforming purchase would be the one way ticket to New Mexico to break free from the script. ~ $220

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is gonna turn into a favorite thread of mine, love seeing what everyone considers spectacular value.

First thing that comes to mind is Shipstation. For $25/mo it saves at least 1-2 hours a day in shipping.

Definitely, for me it is Endicia which is a SS alternative.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I paid 400 bucks for my truck. It’s my daily driver, a ‘97 Dodge 1500, 4WD with 110K miles on it. The guy passed away 10 years ago that bought it originally, the family cut grass around it and drove it a couple times a year to keep it running. When I got home, I put the camper shell on craigslist and got $150 back, so the total cost of the vehicle is $250. Runs like a champ. I’ll drive it until I get rich, then use it to haul money to the bank and drive it some more.

Here’s me moving some boulders around the yard last year with it, I got creative and put my cherry picker in the back like a little tow truck.

Attachments

• 12F1EA12-7B8E-4135-9F07-FBC6D4CECD0D.jpeg
    12F1EA12-7B8E-4135-9F07-FBC6D4CECD0D.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 253

MrOutside

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 30, 2017
US/Central
Hard decision but I’d have to say my Anova Precision Cooker. Cooking meat is especially rewarding with the thing.

I normally shy away from beef cooked on the “rare” side (looks raw to me). But the device let me cook thick steaks and they come out the same shade of pink inside from edge to edge. A quick sear in a hot skillet and it’s the best thing I’ve ever eaten. A food revelation.

Also great for pasteurizing eggs, while still keeping them mostly liquid, for safe home-made mayonnaise.

anova.jpg

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Just curious to hear people's experiences.

For me, my foam roller was a great value. It cost around $20 bucks but helps relieve my back and neck of stress and pain. On bad days, rolling on this thing becomes the best $20 bucks I ever spent!

717E9lDfEaL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

What is the best $X you ever spent?

There is no limit ... if you spent $80K on a Corvette and felt is was the best value ever, then that's OK!

Let's hear it!
Hard to beat the ROI of a great book (or even a good one)

Love the thrill of learning something new & impactful that I can put into practice in furtherance of my goals

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.