• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,436
    Pull that trigger bro!! I was in the exact same state of mind before I did, it's just so simple, so easy, so incredible to be able to take thousands of books anywhere and everywhere with you.

Features that got me were the fact i can touch a word for an instant definition. Beyond that, you can highlight a passage with ease that you can export to a notes document. Gold stuff, it just works.

Andy Black likes this.
  2. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,494
    Love the Kindle app on my phone... game changer

Andy Black likes this.
  3. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,494
    No harm in doing both... Sometimes I own all 3 copies of a book I love - physical, digital, and audiobook, each serves a diferent purpose, and it's still a bargain!

Mr.C, Andy Black, TheCj and 1 other person like this.
  4. mrarcher

mrarcher Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,240
    There's two types of people when it comes to kitchen appliances in my opinion. Those like me who love the old school way of cooking, and those who love the new.
    For me you can't beat the feel of hand grinding your own mince. Chopping your own garlic. The feel of mixing with your hands and preparing the food "with love" excuse the cheesy expression. And of course the smell of the house when something has been cooking all day. I like all this more than eating the food itself.

I understand the other perspective though as I'm sure people get the same kick and feel as I get when they use the latest gadget to do the thing they are doing.
    It's like people who like muscle cars and people who like supercars, They both share the love of the cars.

5. racyred09

racyred09 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $722
    I didn't get it at first, either. But think about what you're doing when you cook those other things- would you light the stove up for your rice, then go take a shower and forget about it? Would you turn on the grill and then go run some errands? And that's the beauty of it- once it's turned on, it's completely passive. That's why I say the value is not having to watch over it; you don't save time on the cooking process necessarily, but you DO save time with the things you are able to do while you're cooking and not having to remember that something is cooking.

I'm the type of person who bakes her own sourdough breads, makes sauerkraut, and so on, but this is just a reinvention of the classic stovetop pressure cooker. The intent isn't to replace the food prep process- I've made beef bourguignon in mine!- but to allow you to do other things than wait for a timer to beep once it's cooking.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. Longinus

Longinus Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,455
    Probably this little - not so spectacular - box:

[​IMG]

It's an interface (USB and Android Car Kits | iPod, iPhone, AUX Adapters | Bluetooth and HD Radio for Car) which makes your phone connect with your audio system of your car (in case your car was made before the bluetooth-age).

Costed about €120, super easy to install and used daily for listening to podcasts and Spotify. No more CD changing while driving (just playlists). And I can still use the controls on my steer!

7. becks22

becks22 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,653
    Not so much a product as a service but in December 2014, I got a turbinate reduction on both sides of my nose. I couldn't smell or breath well or spend any amount of time outside, had a permanently stuffy nose, and got winded very easily since the whole 20% air flow through my nose didn't work that great. Took 9 months to heal fully because of the cartilage but it's been 3 years this month and I feel better than ever. Combining the surgery with weekly allergy shots, I can now go hiking in the Adirondacks or spend all day outside without wheezing. Only cost me my co-pay since I was under my mom's health insurance at the time but I would pay any price for the benefits the surgery bought me.

8. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $67,089
  9. DaveC

DaveC Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,091
    Back in 2009, at the height of the recession, unemployed, and struggling with a business I had tried starting a few months earlier, I paid $210 for a ticket to Ireland for a 6 week trip through Europe. Hard to beat those experiences even though I should have been "getting a job" or working on the business:). I've nearly always found value in travel.

10. Red

Red danger zone Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,074
    This was me as well. Until I stepped on to an international flight with 15 books in my thin little tablet. I was sold after that, haha.

11. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,220
    Actually, my MacBook Pro. I used to be a fervent opponent of anything Apple, but now that I own a MacBook Pro, my entire life has changed.

For the first time, I don't worry about stupid software problems, slow start-up speeds, etc.

It's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C.

I don't think I could've been as prolific on this forum if it wasn't for my Mac. :smile2:

12. baemes

baemes Wantreprenuer FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $55
    Andy Black and MJ DeMarco like this.
  13. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,220
    This was MJ's secret way of fulfilling his Christmas shopping list.

14. SpartanWarrior77

SpartanWarrior77 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $257
    Careful, flax has a LOT of estrogen.

15. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative 'Pre-Revenue' Unicorn Hunter Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $564
    I don't buy much stuff but honestly the most valuable ongoing purchase I make is for Spotify Premium.

Music is incredibly enriching to my life, and the fact that you can get unlimited access to streaming/downloading millions of the world's music...

for the cost of ONE nice meal per month?

The tradeoff is astounding. Still boggles my mind.

16. jasoncuellar123

Rep Bank:
    $9,220
    Did you know that now they offer Spotify premium for $99 per year?

AgainstAllOdds and Andy Black like this.
  17. socaldude

socaldude Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,706
    Becoming a Mexican citizen was a pretty good value. Paid about 500(About $26) pesos to get a "Acta de Nacimiento". Bought a house cash close to the beach. Property taxes are cheap. Cost of living is cheap.

Never would have been able to do that in California(Can't afford $400k).

Most 25 year olds spend all their money on cars, I decided to buy a house in another country. Will always have a place to stay even if i'm broke. :smile2: Never ever wanna spend my life in a merry go round of paychecks and bills.

[​IMG]

Cerave cream is a geat value for me. I have a dry skin problem. $12 and has made my skin a lot healthier. Has worked better than any other prescription cream.

[​IMG]

Aquaphor is pretty good in this dry cold weather.

Has saved me a lot of stress.

[​IMG]

this book was a great value. Anything that expands understanding of ourselves and the world and relationship between the two is gold. Sometimes you gotta read non-business books to be better at business. Everyday I wake up I have these books by my bed like some hotels have bibles on the dressers:rofl:. These ideas will make you smarter for sure.

And of course MJ's books are a great value.:somber:

18. MetalGear

MetalGear Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,650
    A gym membership and the Insight Timer app...a free meditation app that helps me chill the fck out when I feel anxious.

Better than the drugs pharma tries to shove down your throat

19. WJK

WJK Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,031
    It was my eye surgery for cataracts. I haven't worn glasses since and I can see.

20. Bdenner64

Bdenner64 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,030
    This business degree I'll receive in 2 weeks, then probably never touch again. :)

21. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,397
    Could this be a Christmas gift list of suggestions to get stuff for friends and family?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Lack of gift ideas IS a legitimate problem.

22. adventureguru

adventureguru New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $84
    - Used Herman Miller Aeron chair (new about £1k, I hustled one for £180) - What a difference having a comfy chair makes!! I actually want to stay seated and put in the hours, at least that is how I justified the expense, lol.
    - Dymo 4XL printer (How could I forget - would marry this machine if I could !!)

I bought my Herman Miller Aeron chair the same way, even second hand it was x3 times dearer than what i had paid for any office chair previously. Used it daily for five years, and is still as good as new. So, so comfy for working from.

There is a business in itself of this one product, sourcing these and resale.
    The product has such a wonderful reputation.
    People are will to pay for the quality.

People are willing to buy them new (big blue chip corporate) but a full time eBay seller or stay home author will happily pay good £££ for them in the secondary market.

The quality and rep of the chair is so good,

Should mine ever break i would buy another without a thought for price.
    Learn the make up of this product, its set up, what goes where. Breaking up a broken one for for parts. Servicing. Buying lone ones that break and retro fitting the parts to re-brand as refurbished gets you a saleable item that can still be sold for good price
    ......................................................................................................................................................................................
    The Dymo LabelWriter printers are also superbly awesome for any seller for product. Bought my first in 2006,not one has failed on me.
    I have only upgraded to their newer models because they have been quieter and quicker

Address label needed ? Copy & paste, click print. LABEL done !
    x2 bold fragile labels, needed. Click Print LABEL done !
    CN22 customs label needed for the same product you have sent x100 times before. Open template, Click PRINT done !

NEVER ever again has anything EVER been hand written
    Time saved is Time Banked & value added

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  23. Xeon

Xeon Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $886
    I wonder if it's possible to own one of these if one's budget is $200 or less. Maybe that's a pain point....

ChaseFade likes this.
  24. Xeon

Xeon Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $886
    My Xiaomi Mi Max phone:

[​IMG]
    I got it at approx US$180, it has a 6.44" big ass screen, fast and has really good specs for its price. Not too small to use, and not too big to hold. If an iPhone 12 and this phone falls into the sea, I would save this first!

25. Siberia

Siberia Surprise Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,880
    [QUOTE="SpartanWarrior77, post: 65736

In flax seed there are not estrogen (animal origin) but only Phytoestrogens (natural plant source) as a paltry percentage.
    I use a spoon for breakfast and the advantages are stratospheric compared with the disadvantages.

Friend be careful what you say.