• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What is the best Skill to have to get Rich?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by vinn, May 3, 2018.

1. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $179,427
    Bigly

2. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $54,509
    Vision

"Where their is no vision, the people perish"

If one can paint the VISION to employees, investors, customers or even skeptics, I believe one can find a following in whatever endeavor they pursue.

This is a leadership quality, yet one may not necessarily have other qualities of leadership, yet with a vision, one can find a leader to lead if needed.

Vision coupled with great leadership is the difference between great businesses and just good businesses.

I believe one can do the 'impossible' with vision.

3. Cashflow Queen

Cashflow Queen Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $803
    Of course, being a good salesman does not guarantee wealth or every good car salesman would be a millionaire. But there are no successful entrepreneurs who are not good at sales. Even if you’re a geeky software developer, at some point you need to sell your vision to the people you recruit and to your investors.

Dramolion and Real Deal Denver like this.
  4. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $51,508
  5. Ritchie

Ritchie New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $118
    ^ Exactly this. Which is a bit thick coming from an introvert who didn't believe in communication or networking. But a few years ago I trained myself to treat everyone as if they were my role model (Bill Gates).

Not just in how would I treat Bill Gates, but also what would I ask him and how would I behave around him? Would I really get upset with Bill Gates if he cuts me off in traffic? Probably not, so why would I get upset if somebody else does it, and risk ruining a connection by flipping somebody off I might need later?

It is through this behavioural change that doors opened, not only in connections but also in ideas. People just love complaining about their work. And I love fixing their problems and charging money for that. So that's one way I get access to that.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. ksc23

ksc23 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,504
    Same here, I'm an introvert who underestimated the importance of communication skills.

No company will hire you if you can't communicate to the interviewers how you would be an asset to the company.

No person will date you if you can't convey some charm and personality via communication.

No one will pay for your product or service if you can't communicate how it will add value to their life.

Even if you're a coding ninja, no scale will achieved if your source code is a big mess that only makes sense to you.

To bring up a thought from Sapiens: Neanderthals, the cousins of our ancestors, were physically stronger than us and were just as intelligent. However, what made Homo Sapiens thrive and dominate the world was our superior ability to communicate.

Romeo D. likes this.
  7. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,698
    +100

Kak likes this.
  8. Jackson J

Jackson J Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $141
    Dedication baby

9. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,946
    Communication, sales, persistance, all of these mentionned before are needed, some fall into place with time, some has to be learned but it's necessary.

Not everybody is in business and there's a reason behind it, it's difficult

10. xmartel

xmartel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,378
    The ability to effectively deal with people.

Read How to Win Friends and Influence People. An oldie but a goodie.

DeletedUser052 likes this.
  11. HelpAndProsper

HelpAndProsper Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $337
    Basically, act more like me. I'm a winner.

12. Process

Process Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $559
    The people who are saying solving problems/selling are mostly right. Beneath that is the ability to keep re-charting your path forwards despite constantly getting knocked back. And beneath that is sensing what is worth getting knocked down for.

PS: Don't worry about knowing everything and meticulously planning 10 years ahead. Most of that will have to be revised once it makes first contact with reality. That's the most powerful barrier to entry in business. It keeps 90% of people from ever trying.

Dramolion likes this.
  13. Dubidu

Dubidu Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $777
    I think it's a very good but basic comms. book which may explain why it's apparently Buffet's favourite. He displays all the classic signs of someone who is highly intelligent & more than slightly lucky (stating the obvious, I know) but who isn't the best communicator (I'm not talking about communication to his BH investors) but I think he admitted he wasn't the best at communicating to employees. I've met some seriously wealthy people and they don't possess the best communication skills. A lot are devoid of what might be considered a social personality entirely. They are extremely good at their job but HTWFIP is one for them. The older I am the more I realise just how much luck (as well as all the skills others have mentioned in this thread obviously) plays a part: I've observed luck at play in all areas of life.

14. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $89,731
    And the more I work, the luckier I get...

It is simply adopting a way of life. There is no single skill that is more important than others. Just keep moving in the direction.

MTEE1985, PureA and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Matt Dassel

Matt Dassel New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $33
    I'm not rich yet but after years of pondering these are my favorites:

Objective skills
    • See through the appearances. Look at the world from the perspective of other people's emotion, desires, frustration and wishes. Get keen detail on what motivates them.
      "Always scorn appearances. And you always may. The force of character is cumulative" Ralph Waldo Emerson
    • Make the most out of what you have. Resist the temptation that only the children of richer parents cannot avoid. To always use their money at the expense of never living a true work immersion. Letting all your life skills come to the surface and that is the fuel you burn.
    Psychological skills:
    • Self-conciousness. To know what emotions are coming up and label them at the first second. After knowing precisely, compare it with previous days and last time the same feeling happened.
    • When a psychological breakdown happens and you get depressive and suicidal thoughts. Remind youself of all your life opportunities until then and that, almost certainly, other people in history have felt the same emotions you are having but in very worse conditions. No technology and access to information. Harder access to food and resources. This is all a game your emotions are playing but in a far greater environment these emotions cannot rationally understand. Black people have never had a chance to read not too long ago. People have died in the guilliotine for saying what they thought.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    vadotic and Dramolion like this.
  16. Determined2012

Determined2012 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,610
    Persistence.

If you can push yourself past failure, adversity, being broke, being lonely, being tired, and whatever else AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN... Eventually you will succeed and accomplish whatever that goal is that you have for yourself.

Persistence will cure anything. It will make anything possible!

17. B. Cole

B. Cole Stop me. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,663
    I don’t know if you can apply a single skill of anything above any other and call that the single thing needed for success. Ditto on tenacity, vision, work, leadership. Resourcefulness and creativity are huge.

Laziness, lack of knowledge and lack of perseverance are major reasons for failure. Nothing works if you don’t. You don’t have to have all the skills and knowledge, but you do have to figure out where it lives and how to employ it.

18. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,001
    Being extremely good at golf.

Read it again.

RedBaron likes this.
  19. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,542
    Great answers. I'd add inquisitivity.

Question everything.
    Be curious.
    Be humble in understanding you can learn from anyone.
    Listen.

Roli likes this.
  20. jazb

jazb Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,044
    Communication

21. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,571
    I don't think any one skill is going to make you rich, but one quality, not really a skill I'd say that is more important than others is the ability to solve problems, to figure out a way through the inevitable obstacles that will be put infront of you both internal and external ones.

22. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,917
    The HBO show Band of Brothers is full of great leadership lessons

23. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,667
    I think it's all in deal-making -- that's a whole band of different individual skills.

24. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15
    The skill of being able to multiple your money over and over again.

25. Rabby

Rabby Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $815
    Empathy. Specifically, the kind of empathy that helps you figure out what people want.

Second most important skill: trading what you want for what they want.

P.S.: "People" obviously includes your potential customers, but let's not also forget employees, landlords (if you lease), real estate sellers (when you buy), potential investors, etc. What do they want? Trade with them for what you want. Repeat as needed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Gepi and Bearcorp like this.