• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What is the best Skill to have to get Rich?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by vinn, May 3, 2018.

1. vinn

vinn New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    I'm new member here. Just read TMF book, it's life changing.

I'd like to ask you what is the best skill to have in order to get rich (in the long term) ?

Do you think sales is the best one?

Joshua Richter and Essa like this.
  2. Nix

Nix New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $88
    This is my first post here o.o - but I've lurked enough to find that the answer to this question is usually - Solve problems, provide value. Both of which are sorta interconnected anyway. If you're solving pains and needs, that's usually what value is.

If your product is rubbish and no one wants it, no amount of selling will make you a success....and if it does, it's only temporary and not sustainable long term.

3. Gunther Herzog

Gunther Herzog Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $543
    You ask the wrong question.

You should not ask how you can I make money. Instead you should ask yourself how you can i contribute the most.

Asking this question implies that you are money chasing. Money chasing won't get you anywhere. It especially won't get you rich.

If you follow the C-E-N-T-S strategy, you execute great, you deliver big time, anything will make you rich.

4. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,404
    Zsa Zsa Gabor put it best.

She said she was an excellent house keeper.

She said that every time she got a divorce she kept the house.

She was married nine times.

As she said...

zsa zsa.JPG

5. jlwilliams

jlwilliams Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,599
    Tenacity is a strong contender for "best skill to get rich." One could also say vision or conviction or adaptability. Now, you could counter that those aren't skills, they are personal attributes. If you said that you'd be half right but more importantly half wrong. Attributes are skills that can be cultivated like any other.

The point of that cryptic line of hocus pocus? Don't get bogged down in collecting skills like code writing or copywriting or SEO. All good skills, but not in the same league as tenacity.

6. socaldude

socaldude Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,471
    I would say awareness.

Self-awareness and other-awareness.

Why? Because it's how a lot of opportunities are found and how the best solutions to problems are found.

Lack of awareness is what causes shitty customer service, crappy products and even bad relationships.

Cause think about it. A lot of people don't get ahead because they are not even aware of their own self sabotaging behavior. And a lot of products are sub par because they miss a lot of important variables that were never taken into account.

7. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $17,179
    Leadership.

8. DeletedUser052

DeletedUser052 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    There is no THE ONE SKILL to become rich. It's a combination of few skills.

But the basic requirement is,

Help people. Solve problems. Fulfill a need.

You will learn the others as you move forward in your business.

9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,706
    That's the second time you have said it here. The ideas thread I bumped earlier was the first time, if I can remember. :)

One question: In your opinion, @Kak, what's the difference between a leader and a manager? Or to an extent, does the leader manage some things as well?

I am currently leading a few groups for groups presentations in my current university classes (which can be another thread of extreme frustrations), and I found myself torn in between....

10. ay47

ay47 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $1,063
    Leaders revolve around influence and inspiration. People follow leaders because in leaders, they see a goal that is greater than themselves. There are some very smart people who work with Elon Musk. They are always impressed with his work ethic and depth of knowledge. Technical people are the first to scoff at managers. Every manager is the pointy-headed boss from Dilbert to technical people. The ability to get technical people to rave about your leadership speaks volumes

Managers have an element of command and control. Think of the old carrot and stick.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  11. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $64,309
    Being able to take action.

Smart, dumb, confident, shy, extroverted, introverted, family, single, black, white, programmer, sales - you can find a million success stories across all walks of life across all personality traits and characteristics.

What you won't find is a rich person who didn't move their ass.

Nothing will set you up for success better in life than being able to work on and make meaningful progress on the things that matter.

Dubidu, Process, Matt Dassel and 16 others like this.
  12. CreatioExNihilo

CreatioExNihilo New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Trade - buy low, sell high whatever you want. Goods, labour, service.

13. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,249
    Perseverance...

14. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,231
    The one only those who need, know.

100 phone calls, not 1 internet post.

Real Deal Denver and ZF Lee like this.
  15. Sagemoney

Sagemoney Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,480
    Be over 6"8 with a sick jumpshot even though it's still not guaranteed.

On a serious note selflessness, not to the point where you get walked over but to where you inspire others.

16. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,404
    This is so true, and made my day! I laughed at this out loud - how'd you know? I'm very technical, and I've had the most clueless bosses (and some of the very best too) you can't even imagine. Some people are... well... you can't fix stupid.

BTW, the best people in the different depts. I worked in left because of the pointy-headed bosses. There is a most definite cause and effect, and nobody in corporate can ever connect the dots to figure out why.

Par excellence. It was Edison that said success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. From your posts I read JAJT, I see you share the same DNA as Edison. That's not a common thing. Make no mistake that your insight has been noted, appreciated, and extremely helpful to me!

17. MisterBHZ

MisterBHZ Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,013
    Marketing.
    Advertising.
    Sales.

18. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,907
    Best skills -- A lot of hard work, study, coupled with a big dose of humility. You have to give -- in order to get. You give up front without knowing IF you are going to get anything back.

Yes, selling is a great skill. The best salesmen I know are masters of the human spirit and nature. They care about the people they are helping through their selling.

19. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,007
    I was sorely tempted to write 'being an excellent golfer', however I will reign in my sarcasm and say instead;

read the book again and you won't be asking that question.

20. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $17,179
    I would have said the same, but it isn't really a skill one can learn, more something one will be forced to learn regardless.

21. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,689
    Discipline.

Discipline can get you anything you want. Patience is another one. Those who are impatient will get nothing and deserve nothing.

Dwight Schrute likes this.
  22. Nomadic

Nomadic Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $233
    You're looking for a key. You're looking for someone to type one skill, you go and study that skill, and then have riches. One answer to "getting rich". It doesn't exist.
    The best skill I think? Be willing to adapt and start looking at things from different angles. You gotta start looking at this from another angle ASAP.

23. Siberia

Siberia Surprise Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,719
    Being a disciplined inventor who take action, resolves problems and give value, with the utmost commitment, very quickly, to realize his business idea.

Dwight Schrute and MJ DeMarco like this.
  24. masterneme

masterneme Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,332
    Hmmmmmm, so you want to know THE skill for Fastlane success huh?

It's learning.

Learning that you will need to learn better and faster all the time.
    Learning that there is no single skill to succeed.
    Learning that you will need to deprecate many character traits and habits.
    Learn to unlearn to learn more.
    And learn that the learning never ends because we're forever ignorant at many things.

Dramolion, Fox, AlessioLC and 10 others like this.
  25. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $5,404
    I felt that one. It stung a little bit. Great post - right on the money! This is one that gets printed out and hung on the wall!