The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are you proud of this week? How did you win?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It doesn't have to be business-related. Fitness, relationships, limiting beliefs you overcame. What made you feel proud of yourself?

About 10 years ago, when I left Active Duty Army, I got serious with running. Lost weight. Got fit. Felt amazing. Running became a huge part of my life. Later, when I became a sprinter, I went from fit to shredded. Then, about five years ago, shortly after I joined the National Guard, my knees gave me the big FU. One day they just stopped working. Couldn't run sprints. Couldn't jog a lap. I went to physical therapy, saw doctors, got no answers. So I quit running and reserved myself to my fate.

For years I didn't run at all. But I started to modify my diet to manage my weight and started doing P90X to work different muscle groups. Over the past few years, I got more serious with workouts and diet. Constantly tested different foods and eating patterns. Pushed P90X harder and focused on form a lot.

Fast forward to 2020, my diet works well, and my muscles are stronger than ever. When I tested the bench press, I pressed 250lbs though I haven't touched a bench in 10 years. Coming off that win, I decided to try running. So about two months ago I hit the streets and was surprised to find that I could run. A half-mile at first. Then a mile. Then three. Then four. And I started sprinting too. My knees had become strong from all of the squats, lunges, and jump training in P90X.

As of this week, I'm running four miles once a week with 7 sessions of interval sprints and hill sprints mixed into the last two miles. I'm hitting around 200 pullups on pullup days, hundreds of pushups, adding weights for ab workouts. Stacking three workouts on some days. I'm older but not weaker and I feel proud of that.

This post isn't to boast, but it is okay to feel proud. I want to know what you did this week that made you proud of yourself. How did you win against your own mind? What did you overcome that made you feel awesome about yourself?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I ran 10 miles Sunday, and biked 14 Monday night.

I haven’t worked out since then cause my back has been messed up but I guess it’s nice I did it :rofl:

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
I started getting up at 5AM again!! I broke through the excuses I was making for myself and starting embracing the entrepreneur grind. I also made an awesome meal with my smoker grill, and am taking lots of micro and macro steps towards creating my own business (signing up for meetups, learning about coding and app development)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I ran 10 miles Sunday, and biked 14 Monday night.

I haven’t worked out since then cause my back has been messed up but I guess it’s nice I did it :rofl:

Back and core strength are probably my weaker areas. I need to focus on those at some point. Back pain sucks!

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
Back and core strength are probably my weaker areas. I need to focus on those at some point. Back pain sucks!
Hey Lex, this may sound like a silly question, but how do I write on my profile that I've read the millionaire fastlane ?? Can't find the option/info for it

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey Lex, this may sound like a silly question, but how do I write on my profile that I've read the millionaire fastlane ?? Can't find the option/info for it

There's a thread somewhere titled something like, "I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane ." You just post in that thread that you've read it and it gets added to your profile.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Same here. After I got sick I found my weakest points; mostly my back and lower back.

I’ve exercised over the years but nothing compared to when I used to train for fights or half-marathons.

I thought I was in good shape but boy was I wrong :rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
200 pull-ups?!? Well done Lex.

I’m recovering from a sprained ankle, but want to get jogging then sprint training again. I used to love hill sprints. I’ll take it easy as I’ve not done this stuff for over a decade, and I’m nearly 50 now. That’s not excuses, just acknowledging that I can do more damage than good if I’m not smart about it.

Thanks for inspiring me.

Anyway, what am I proud of this week? Jumping on a call with a course creator who does $1m/year in sales and helping him with his Google Ads for free. He then promptly signed up for my courses which he loves. He now wants to collaborate to help his audience because he says none of them are running Google Ads.

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
It doesn't have to be business-related. Fitness, relationships, limiting beliefs you overcame. What made you feel proud of yourself?

About 10 years ago, when I left Active Duty Army, I got serious with running. Lost weight. Got fit. Felt amazing. Running became a huge part of my life. Later, when I became a sprinter, I went from fit to shredded. Then, about five years ago, shortly after I joined the National Guard, my knees gave me the big FU. One day they just stopped working. Couldn't run sprints. Couldn't jog a lap. I went to physical therapy, saw doctors, got no answers. So I quit running and reserved myself to my fate.

For years I didn't run at all. But I started to modify my diet to manage my weight and started doing P90X to work different muscle groups. Over the past few years, I got more serious with workouts and diet. Constantly tested different foods and eating patterns. Pushed P90X harder and focused on form a lot.

Fast forward to 2020, my diet works well, and my muscles are stronger than ever. When I tested the bench press, I pressed 250lbs though I haven't touched a bench in 10 years. Coming off that win, I decided to try running. So about two months ago I hit the streets and was surprised to find that I could run. A half-mile at first. Then a mile. Then three. Then four. And I started sprinting too. My knees had become strong from all of the squats, lunges, and jump training in P90X.

As of this week, I'm running four miles once a week with 7 sessions of interval sprints and hill sprints mixed into the last two miles. I'm hitting around 200 pullups on pullup days, hundreds of pushups, adding weights for ab workouts. Stacking three workouts on some days. I'm older but not weaker and I feel proud of that.

This post isn't to boast, but it is okay to feel proud. I want to know what you did this week that made you proud of yourself. How did you win against your own mind? What did you overcome that made you feel awesome about yourself?

Today I came home from work feeling absolutely exhausted and in no mood to work on entrepreneurial stuff. I felt discouraged and got really down on myself, worrying that I don't have what it takes to do this.

I sat down, did some sudoku and was about to call it a day. After doing some Sudoku, I decided to instead start learning basic HTML through Frontend Masters Bootcamp, which will lead me to designing my own apps eventually. Yay for me!!!

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Doing the #75hard. Am on day 65 now.

I failed twice. First at day 5 and second at day 35. Because of the pic. I haven been doing everything else. Am pretty proud of myself.

And on top of that. I have been seriously working on my breathing. I can now workout with nose breathing only - which is epic. Because it means am really breathing efficiently.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Wanted to wait until the week was over to reply...

Got my first gold thread almost a year to the day of joining the forum. Made some improvements to team cohesiveness a few weeks back and started to see the fruits of that this week. Working with one of my writers this week on better self editing, and I'm crossing my fingers a light bulb went off. 20 days ago I stepped on the scale at 195, meaning I'd officially gained the dreaded COVID 15. Recommitted to my no sugar, intermittent fasting plan, and I've lost 10 lbs. Overcame the normal amount of business bumps in the road. Had an unusually high amount of friends in need of support, there's a lot serious stuff going on, and I was able to make time for all of them.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Just stumbled upon this rather wholesome thread and wanted to revive it.

After 2+ years of stagnating, this month (and this past week especially) I've been learning more, doing more, and putting myself out there more than I've done in all that time. Especially with all the internal anxiety I've struggled with, at first, it was really intimidating but now I'm finally finding my stride, feeling super confident, and the leads I've been seeding just this week alone are finally starting to sprout with upcoming meetings and pitch presentations over the next week or so.

It feels good. I've missed this a lot. And missed being around this community too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.