The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Looking at how Singapore is one of the hot places that entrepreneurs and business people wanting to move over to for various reasons, I am very grateful to be born there.

This means that once I hit the goals in wealth things will fall into place much more quickly for more goals in life.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m thankful for snowflake paper cutting tutorials and my fuzzy warm robe of awesomeness.

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
There are a lot of things to be grateful for. For example: I'm grateful that we live in an era where we can be our best selves easily thanks to the Internet; I'm also grateful for every day because it is a new opportunity to improve and be our best selves.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
  • It's starting to get nice and hot in the UK now (well 16c yesterday). Went on a really nice 6mile dog walk by the river and it was amazing. Then went for a haircut and had tapas and sangria with my wife outside in the sun.
  • Flexible schedules are the best when the weather is good. I'm grateful I've divorced my earnings from my time and I can work in the evenings or early mornings to enjoy the day.
  • Grateful for my health
  • Grateful for my portfolios going up 30-40% this week (although admittedly they are still down from ATH lol)

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I find it incredibly awesome that I live in an unique, yet vibrant ecosystem. Just the other day I was sweating outside in the sun as temps got into the mid-80s. The high elevation sun is much different than low elevation sun in Arizona. I got a little sunburned.

Then I looked up and saw snow on the mountains.

It was an odd juxtaposition -- to be hot and in a t-shirt and shorts, and see snow.

View attachment 43718

Reminds me of seeing the sun while it's raining, very beautiful and intriguing.

financemailer

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 31, 2022
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.
I'm happy about my health, that of my family, and the Internet for all the things I can learn online.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Grateful for this book - it made me an endurance athlete. 0C1FBFBA-8FA4-4A09-894C-908FB3DE53DC.jpeg

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
In '99, I had a vision and made a decision
Being broke is against my religion
- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

I'm currently grateful for being able to sit on a comfortable sofa in a warm house with a beautiful ocean view and get to post on this incredible forum :D

View attachment 40982
Can I first say that as beautiful as your house view is - I'm more impressed with the forgotten (or first time heard[read]) 50 cent quote....

"In '99, I had a vision and made a decision
Being broke is against my religion"
- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

That being said, I'm grateful for my new townhome, my son, my new wife (version 2.0 is much better than 1.0 IMHO), my small but regrowing library, my car, the wife's car, my health, vision, the fact I currently don't have any BIG boss but several small ones, the fact that I see sunshine outside 90-95% of the time now compared to my native MidWest state with 30-40% sunshine on a lucky year. I'm grateful for this forum, I'm grateful that I am helping other business owners meet their goals. I'm grateful for AI, I'm grateful that Civil War II hasn't yet popped off in America despite the media (ON BOTH SIDES)'s self-destructive attempts to stoke it, I'm grateful I have about 1 more task before bedtime (It's midnight as I write this), I'm grateful that Grammarly (an AI I think) keeps telling me it's GRATEFUL and not GREATFUL - [oh darn my lack of grammar secret is out]. I'm grateful I just got back from a mini vacation last week with friends and I'm going on a longer vacation with my wife to easily one of my favorite places in the US in 2 weeks. I'm grateful I met Jim Lee one of my absolute artistic hero's a few weeks back. I'm grateful for the bumps in the road and also the "'feet-off-the-peddles,-let's-go-'weee!" portions of the entrepreneurship journey in my future and my past. I'm thankful for @MTF for posting this and I'm thankful for anyone else taking the time to read this far. I appreciate you.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Being alive and well. Having good health. Seeing my grandmother almost dying at the beginning of May made my heart sank. Being able to help people as well, just seeing your loved one's disappear or almost die can change your point of view about life and how health really matters.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I Stared Death and the face and survived. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time in over a year. I can mow the grass and work on the fence. I can stand and walk. I am able to eat and drink. I get to socialize with people and celebrate with them. If/when I do feel pain, it means I am still alive. I can feel the wind on my face, the sun on my skin and smell fresh air.

I get a charge from seeing the progress ya'll are making in your lives. Thankful for all my fastlane friends.
I’m glad your here!

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023
I am grateful to myself and to my amazing body for the unwavering commitment and action to achieve my goals, trying to use all my abilities. I'm grateful to this forum and its dedicated participants who don't screw your brains out, but help you to know the facts from your own experience, (mainly to use this, not just record it) for the many life lessons and inner peace, knowing that I'm in action for being in this world. Thank you to the people who give you poses at any time

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Bump.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
No wonder you're grateful? Where is that? A view can make such a difference in how one feels.

La Palma in the Canary Islands. At the same time, on the other side of the mountain there's a raging volcano and between, there's usually at least a rainbow or two (sun and rain at the same time are common here). Talk about a fitting life metaphor.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Wow! What a great place! Do you have the ham and Foie Gras that is common on the mainland Spain in supermarkets? Are the supermarkets about the same? How about prices?

I'm vegan so no idea. Supermarkets are the same. Prices are similar, too. Very easy to get high-quality local produce as the island has a perfect climate for agriculture (including various microclimates).

I’m currently grateful for getting a +63% return on my crypto investments in the past 2 weeks.

Is this realized return on crypto you sold?

I’m delighted you’re somewhere warm and feeling the positive glows.

Thank you. I'm delighted you're delighted.

Looking out over the water from inside my warm home, there's nowhere I have to be, no one telling me what to do, no people in my life that I can't stand, a business that pays me well each month that is growing each year, tons of time to pursue hobbies and keep life interesting, I've got peace of mind and a happy, traditional, submissive girlfriend alongside me. My problems aren't even problems. Every day is like Saturday.

Perfection. I absolutely love and am always incredibly grateful for having an empty calendar.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Could this actually be a curse?

Nope, I've been "enjoying" some discomfort regularly lately (like for example demanding barefoot hiking) so it's a perfect way to unwind. Also, let's keep this thread positive :D

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Grateful to still be able to enjoy 20-25 degrees C / 68-77 F over -14 degrees C / - 25 F perceived temperature back where I live.

TheLearner

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 17, 2018
DFW, USA
I'm grateful that I am healthy, and have the self efficacy to pursue whatever I want in life. That's such a massive deal I can't help but smile as I write this.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
I have all of my limbs still and they work fine.
I learned to love reading at a young age.
I found a great group of like-minded people to spend my time with and plan on building a community with someday.
I've stayed curious and willing to fail while learning new things.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Today I’m grateful for the knowledge I am getting from reading dense reports on web3. Just a few months ago I thought I “got it” only to discover the rabbit hole so deep, I don’t got it at all.

And I know I’m early. My industry will be 5 years behind everyone else, I’m literally ground zero. Grateful to be learning this stuff. And super positive on the future of this tech.

Ditto. Glad I was able to set my preconceived notions aside and simply study it as a new promising technology.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Super, super grateful that I finally passed my freediving AIDA 2 certification :):) :)

I struggled a lot with learning how to equalize properly but finally figured it out a week and a half ago. I've been honing it since then until I finally passed the remaining requirements today (a properly executed 16-meter dive and rescue at 10 meters).

It cost me a ton of work and frustration over many weeks while for many people it comes naturally almost instantly. While it would sure be nice if it were natural for me as well, the amount of work and dedication I put into it makes me WAY more grateful today for the accomplishment.
Congrats @MTF. Well done.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Grateful to have meaning in my life.

Purpose I still haven't quite figured out yet.

Damien C

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am grateful that I have my health right now. I lost it quickly and suddenly this year when my whole body started becoming inflamed / burning for no apparent reason. Rest didn't fix it, drs had no idea what was going on. I had to completely overhaul my daily routine, vitamin intake, dietary intake, stress levels, and after a lot of trial and error, thankfully I have no symptoms.

Prior to becoming unwell, I had a bunch of trivial issues keeping me up at night. I can't even remember what they were - Things like squeaking doors, an insurance bill that was 10-15% more than expected, needing to source x part for y product or whatever. Who the F*ck cares? All of those inanimate objects and issues can be resolved.

I have the ability to code, market, write, develop, plenty of savings, lots of ideas, enough free time and a cruisy job. But even with all of that, and being in a relatively strong position, I can't walk into a store and purchase good health. None of these things matter without health.

So important, yet it's the FIRST thing people are willing to sacrifice, above all else. They'll skimp on sleep, grab something fast and unhealthy, skip the gym. Never again will I allow this to happen - if the machine breaks down, your life is finished. Always remember that without good health, you have nothing.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
I find it incredibly awesome that I live in an unique, yet vibrant ecosystem. Just the other day I was sweating outside in the sun as temps got into the mid-80s. The high elevation sun is much different than low elevation sun in Arizona. I got a little sunburned.

Then I looked up and saw snow on the mountains.

It was an odd juxtaposition -- to be hot and in a t-shirt and shorts, and see snow.

View attachment 43718
Nice view,, just like Seattle in summer

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Can't even describe how grateful for the summer I am. (Hot and sunny) summer is the only time of the year where I truly feel like myself. Nothing better than starting the day with an easy run and a nice long swim.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.
Right now, I am grateful for Landfill keeps you mindful of unproductive use of time. And puts you in VALUE check.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Why this thread has minority of replies? well I guess people now a days has a hard time being grateful...
Anyway, I am grateful because...

I still had the...

- sense of sight
-sense of smell
-sense of hearing
-power to speech
-sense of taste
-spirit of life
-power to procreate

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
So much!

My family, my Fiancé, my fledging business, my job, my house, my car, the fact I can afford food. So much more!

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

I'm grateful for having overcomed ton of negativity that my mind has created over the last threee weeeks, juts by doing one of the things that I enjoy the most: playing the guitar.

I'm also grateful for everything that have reached so far, I life a wondderful life, full of meaning and purpose, I havea eatiful family and friends, I woundn't chane it for anything else.

Cheers :)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Looking out over the water from inside my warm home, there's nowhere I have to be, no one telling me what to do, no people in my life that I can't stand, a business that pays me well each month that is growing each year, tons of time to pursue hobbies and keep life interesting, I've got peace of mind and a happy, traditional, submissive girlfriend alongside me. My problems aren't even problems. Every day is like Saturday.
Glad you're happy.

I was amused by your "girlfriend" comment. Traditional and submissive -- not the women I know since the 1950s.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.