The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Had a reader email me last week and say that my book was the catalyst and “FTE” that caused her to lose 250lbs. It helped her see the cognitive distortions in her mind that kept her on a path of obesity and disease. It was so incredible to read, and to see as she included “before” and “after” pictures.

Hearing this warmed my heart to realize the impact I am influencing goes beyond freedom and finances.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I find it incredibly awesome that I live in an unique, yet vibrant ecosystem. Just the other day I was sweating outside in the sun as temps got into the mid-80s. The high elevation sun is much different than low elevation sun in Arizona. I got a little sunburned.

Then I looked up and saw snow on the mountains.

It was an odd juxtaposition -- to be hot and in a t-shirt and shorts, and see snow.

IMG_2059.JPG

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm currently grateful for being able to sit on a comfortable sofa in a warm house with a beautiful ocean view and get to post on this incredible forum :D

g.jpg

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I Stared Death in the face and survived. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time in over a year. I can mow the grass and work on the fence. I can stand and walk. I am able to eat and drink. I get to socialize with people and celebrate with them. If/when I do feel pain, it means I am still alive. I can feel the wind on my face, the sun on my skin and smell fresh air.

I get a charge from seeing the progress ya'll are making in your lives. Thankful for all my fastlane friends.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If I posted in this thread every time I felt gratitude, this thread would be 1000 pages of 25 posts long.

I go through periods where I feel a generalized sense of gratitude, and then IMMENSE gratitude to the point of exultation.

For example, last night I was writing in my quiet library (where I usually use to drop prose) while temperatures dropped below freezing - I felt so overwhelmingly grateful that I snapped a photo to remind me.

There's nothing special about the picture other than a reminder to love the moment, don't take it for granted, and don't sweat the small things (like why someone can't figure out how to personal train another human). :=)

1699802378023.jpeg

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You are with the wrong people. My social circle all has girlfriends/wives that are modest, religious, pretty, don’t post on social media, and don’t associate with people who are not like them.
You are posting on this Forum? And it's not OK for a woman to do the same?

I became an adult in a world in which women could not buy a house, have a credit card in their name, take out a loan, or do much without a man's signature. The Fair Credit Act became law in the US in 1974 giving women equal financial rights. I'm blessed as a woman to have all these rights.

My mother was subservient to my dad. He was very abusive and it was against her religion to get a divorce -- just about no matter what he did. I never wanted to be my mom. I always wanted more. I've had a wonderful RE career for 47 years where I have been able to call my own shots. I'm proud of my 4 college degrees. I'm proud of my career. What I'm most proud of going back and getting Mom out of that 43 years of marriage hell. I took care of her for the last 10 years of her life. And together we lived a very full, happy life. She grew into a different person when she got away from him. I've been on the other side. So that's why I have a different perspective than you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Looking out over the water from inside my warm home, there's nowhere I have to be, no one telling me what to do, no people in my life that I can't stand, a business that pays me well each month that is growing each year, tons of time to pursue hobbies and keep life interesting, I've got peace of mind and a happy, traditional, submissive girlfriend alongside me. My problems aren't even problems. Every day is like Saturday.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a fricking beautiful family. My son is awesome. My wife is awesome. My dog is awesome.

I’m grateful that I get to do what I do every day.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I’m grateful today that my family and most friends are safe (war in Ukraine).

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm grateful for the fact that the older I get, the prettier the women I get are.

A

Anon05554

I am grateful that at an age when young girls were taught how to weave baskets and winnow millet, my dad(RIP) had the foresight to expose me to the Odyssey, thereby setting the stage for the voracious reader I have become.
I am grateful that I made it to university and studied my best subject_Literature which I enjoy teaching when the students are open minded.
I am grateful that I married a man who has become my best friend, giving me advice that I deem criticism at the moment only to discern its didactic elements after days of brooding.
I am grateful that God saw the mother in me and gave me seven angels to nurture in his ways.
I am grateful for the job that presently puts bread, albeit without margarine literally, on my table.
As for these past weeks, I am thankful for the fire burning in me, for the voice that whispers, for the hope that refuses to die, and the belief borne of determination that I will attain financial freedom since I am learning from the best on this forum.
To crown it all, I am grateful for making 40 last month.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
This forum.

It is beyond awesome to learn from the cool projects that forum members are working on.

It is also great to have a community that "gets it" and doesn't think you are crazy for wanting to pursue entrepreneurship.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m thankful for olive wood burning in my fireplace and the fact that 54 degrees now feels freezing to me.
My husband who puts the wood on the fire and then snuggles me lots even when I’m whiny.
The Hobbit by Tolkien
My vocal chords which are getting a real work out while reading this book aloud.
All my books, actually.
My kids who are adorably bizarre and fun.
My weirdo friends of all types.
And all the ones that went before.. the ppl who pissed me off and loved me passionately and hurt me dreadfully and got hurt spectacularly. They helped. Every. Single. One.

And the Bible. :)

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
To have friends that I have made from The Fastlane Forum who have helped me especially @Runum, who have helped during these past 3 months since my first layoff that threw me off course.

I have felt more supported by people that I don't know very well or much versus people close to home. I once called my mother a few days ago to give hints on how I now know who was on my side during times of crisis versus who wasn't in the hopes she would get it, but she didn't. She just said, "I know you will do fine." Kinda hurt when you have supported them during my early 20's.

But at this point, I have a job (Which is great, the company does take care of their people, Manager makes you feel heard), a place to stay, a very reliable car, and food on the table.

It's been a long grueling 3 months. And now it's time to play catch up. 1 debt out of 9 are paid.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thankful to finally be back in my shop doing shop stuff I like to do.

Doing some wood and siding repair.
Repaired the leaking air compressor line.
Fixed the electric gate.
Working on lawn mower.
Got my third new leg 2 weeks ago.
Hit 150 miles walking since June.
I get to see my kid pretty often.
My grand niece will have her first birthday soon and I will be there.
Vertical beats horizontal any day.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
So. True.

Man, young guys don't even know. Dating gets easier as you get older.

Yup - though, with the caveat that it's the result of experience and improvement rather than just getting old.

Like everything else, you've gotta put in the work.

But it's just swell to go out with a 22 year old stunner when you're 30.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
My Uncle Alex, who is up in Heaven now, one of the things he found objectionable about human beings was that they so rarely noticed it when times were sweet. We could be drinking lemonade in the shade of an apple tree in the summertime, and Uncle Alex would interrupt the conversation to say, “If this isn’t nice, what is?”

So I hope that you will do the same for the rest of your lives. When things are going sweetly and peacefully, please pause a moment, and then say out loud, “If this isn’t nice, what is?”.

-Kurt Vonnegut

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm grateful for the fact that my parents came to visit me recently (we live in different states).

I'm also grateful for that view of MJ's backyard - what a gorgeous photo.

Actually I'm grateful for all of the photos in this thread - you people live in some beautiful places.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Which one is it?
Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. If this book makes me a runner it will be a miracle but it's well-written, rapid plot, cool little asides and it just flows! You can tell the author is a reporter. Every paragraph is captivating.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Resurrecting this thread. Two and a half years later, I'm still practicing gratitude daily. It's now also a daily occurrence for me to feel gratitude spontaneously which was rare before.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Speaking with @Runum Today, hes been very helpful. I'm very glad that we meet at the Faatlane meetup in Dallas. It's honestly amazing to meet people who have gone through experiences before you and have empathy, people who actually listen to you and give you solid advice.

This man is a gem. He's such a good person. A person you'd want to be friends with for sure or a mentor as well. A person you don't want to lose.

He has helped me today with everything that I am going through right now.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If I posted in this thread every time I felt gratitude, this thread would be 1000 pages of 25 posts long.

I go through periods where I feel a generalized sense of gratitude, and then IMMENSE gratitude to the point of exultation.

For example, last night I was writing in my quiet library (where I usually use to drop prose) while temperatures dropped below freezing - I felt so overwhelmingly grateful that I snapped a photo to remind me.

There's nothing special about the picture other than a reminder to love the moment, don't take it for granted, and don't sweat the small things (like why someone can't figure out how to personal train another human). :=)

View attachment 52388

Gratitude really does compound. Ever since I started actively thinking grateful thoughts, gratitude comes to me randomly throughout the day. I'm way more content these days with very little things, just like the moment you shared in this picture.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.