The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What am I doing wrong?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

InitialX

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 25, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I recently joined the forum and been reading a lot. This is the best thing that happened to me since I lost my Virginity !

I just read a thread that @AgainstAllOdds was posting here about selling T-shirts online using his own designs.

Well i thought i will give it a go. So I partnered with my friend who has amazing designs and decided to target a very unique niche (well at least I think it is unique).
We want to sell shirts for people who love video games and gym. We are sort of the same type of guys and many of our friends are extremely obsessed with both so we thought there is a market for this.

A bit about me:
I am living in the UK -I am an immigrant from Hungary- for 11 years now.
I work as a recruitment Consultant for a company that pays me far less for my services. I am 29 years young and I want to be a true fastlaner and possibly a millionaire by the age of 35.I love capoeira videogames and married with one lovely little baby daughter.

Here is the problem:

• I set up a facebook page for the niche and invited all friends and family. Posting frequently about videogames, cosplay, bodybuilding, tricking, martial arts, etc.
  • I started an instagram account. Mainly posting sexy fitness girls, cosplay, and martial arts related content along with video game related memes. Maybe I overloaded the sexy ladies part :)
  • As a tryout I set up a page promotion on facebook with a daily budget of £1 a day and targeted people who love fitness and video games in the London area +40 miles radius
  • Went mad on the like and follow buttons in related users and hashtags currently topping 92 followers and 207 followings and some likes on pictures

I started this little campaign 4 days ago from
scratch. facebook page has 44 likes and no organic traffic from ads.

My questions are:

• I wanted to launch the shopify store this weekend (its Wednesday). Shall I build an audience first?
  • Shall I put more effort and of course funds into Facebook advertising or Instagram followers?
  • Did I chose the wrong niche?
Bear in mind that this is my first try at e-commerce. It makes me feel good to finally do something and I think the idea is great, but I just don't want to waste time on useless tactics.

Your help and support is much appreciated. Call me an A$$ for doing or not doing something I don't mind. I need some guidance from you guys. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you so much.

Initial X

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser155

I just read a thread that @AgainstAllOdds was posting here about selling T-shirts online using his own designs.

Well i thought i will give it a go.

"You broke rule number 1/ Can't find real treasure in a spot already dug" - Bones

We want to sell shirts for people who love video games and gym. We are sort of the same type of guys and many of our friends are extremely obsessed with both so we thought there is a market for this.

That market is TINY. And you went about the wrong way to cash in on those people.

• I set up a facebook page for the niche and invited all friends and family. Posting frequently about videogames, cosplay, bodybuilding, tricking, martial arts, etc.
  • I started an instagram account. Mainly posting sexy fitness girls, cosplay, and martial arts related content along with video game related memes. Maybe I overloaded the sexy ladies part :)
  • As a tryout I set up a page promotion on facebook with a daily budget of £1 a day and targeted people who love fitness and video games in the London area +40 miles radius

TINY.

• daily budget of £1 a day and targeted people who love fitness and video games in the London area +40 miles radius
facebook page has 44 likes and no organic traffic from ads.
Don't know what you were expecting here honestly :D. With niches, you're going to have to pay MORE not LESS to get the RIGHT people to view them.

• I wanted to launch the shopify store this weekend (its Wednesday). Shall I build an audience first?
  • Shall I put more effort and of course funds into Facebook advertising or Instagram followers?
  • Did I chose the wrong niche?
Bear in mind that this is my first try at e-commerce. It makes me feel good to finally do something and I think the idea is great, but I just don't want to waste time on useless tactics.

Your help and support is much appreciated. Call me an A$$ for doing or not doing something I don't mind. I need some guidance from you guys. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you so much.

Initial X

Start the e-commerce website. I don't know what you were trying to do with the facebook group. Are you expecting people to follow you just for the dank memes? If you were selling things, you would not only: get more followers, but you'd also get more funds because your group is serving a function.

Don't put more funds into FB advertising. Do reach out to hot Instagrammers that fill your niche (and offer free apparel), but don't limit it to any certain geographic (I can assure you there are more Americans that lift and like videogames than there are Londoners).

Also: This will reaffirm if this niche is profitable. If it's not within your time-frame, scrap it.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Why not just go with one or another?

I think you would have more chance of success if the product is good.

InitialX

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 25, 2016
United Kingdom
"You broke rule number 1/ Can't find real treasure in a spot already dug" - Bones

That market is TINY. And you went about the wrong way to cash in on those people.

TINY.

Don't know what you were expecting here honestly :D. With niches, you're going to have to pay MORE not LESS to get the RIGHT people to view them.

Start the e-commerce website. I don't know what you were trying to do with the facebook group. Are you expecting people to follow you just for the dank memes? If you were selling things, you would not only: get more followers, but you'd also get more funds because your group is serving a function.

Don't put more funds into FB advertising. Do reach out to hot Instagrammers that fill your niche (and offer free apparel), but don't limit it to any certain geographic (I can assure you there are more Americans that lift and like videogames than there are Londoners).

Also: This will reaffirm if this niche is profitable. If it's not within your time-frame, scrap it.

Thank you for the great advice. This is what I wanted. Your help is much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Haddad

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 8, 2016
I can say I fall into the category of loving video games and fitness. PM a link to your FB page?

InitialX

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 25, 2016
United Kingdom
I can say I fall into the category of loving video games and fitness. PM a link to your FB page?

Thank you for the interest buddy. Of course I am sending it to you right now. Please let me know what do you think? I appreciate all sorts of criticism.
Thank you :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.