The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want To Go Faster!

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
I've been reading this forum on and off for a long time but I just decided to sign up. I've always liked buying & selling stuff, I still remember selling some Hot wheels back in 1st grade and using the proceeds to buy a nicer toy. During my teenage years, I sold clothing, rollerblade parts, car audio, and other stuff. I always made enough money for most things I wanted.

At some point, I'm thinking it was after graduating college, I somehow got in the employee bandwagon. That lasted about 15 years.
While employed, I invested in the stock market and some real estate (I regret not buying more houses back then, but there's nothing I can do about it now).
Back in 2017, after years of frustration, I said, "I can't deal with this anymore!".

Counting on the rental income to keep my family afloat, I rejected a relocation offer and launched a service business.
We've had busy months and slow months, however, I believe that the main reason why it hasn't really taken off is that I don't really care about it, or at least, not anymore.
I've also been selling stuff online, which I do enjoy, however, I keep trying to identify other products to increase sales & revenue. I've tried blogging as well, making $100-$200 a month from it.

I do not consider going back to work for someone else an option at this point. For several reasons: I think I'm unemployable, whatever "employee" skills I have I don't want to use anymore, I hate commutes, I hate being told what to do, I hate growing someone else's company/business, and I'm sure there are more!

Interested & looking for business ideas that do not require leaving the house on a daily basis/commuting, dealing too much with clients, etc. Sounds like a dream come true, I know, but I'm sure there's something for everyone, so I haven't lost hope yet!

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I feel like you have shiny object syndrome, you've had succesful profitable ventures in multiple spheres and you're asking about something easier?

ok, the rank and rent model, digital marketing agency, web design, ecom / FBA

but...you should probably examine why your walking away from what you already know works.

for instance in exchange for having the hassle of employees you get the ease of an internet business but with that comes a horrible entry problem, everyone and there pet dog wants an internet business they can run while wearing boxer shorts. No one wants to do roofing or home cleaning or any of those local service businesses and deal with icky employees.

You might be better off keeping up with that since it has more need than "another guy with a web business"

You're asking for a business model instead of looking for things people hate and that make them frustrated and then stepping up to fix that stuff, AND you're telling us here that you've had success and "dont really care"

well start caring my friend because a sit on your a$$ and click a button ecom opportunity doesn't exist, although I can point you to dozens of gurus claiming it does

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
Hello, MHP368,

I'm not necessarily asking for something easier or walking away from what I already know works.

I've actually tried growing the blog and online sales and they have. Like any other business, though, there are slow, good and great months, but I think I'm mostly frustrated because I dont know what else to try to grow them even more.

In regards to the service business, I've just lost interest for two reasons, I dont love the work and also dislike the fact that it seems like most people expect me to work for free (which I did the first year trying to get it off the ground) even though I consider my rates are reasonable. Perhaps having more leads would help, however, I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for your feedback!

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
so focus on one of these ventures, then you'll "go faster" because your focus wont be spread out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...